PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Parker and Curry are limited for game 4...

spursfaninla
05-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Result? I think GS needs curry more than the Spurs need parker. Lee played well for the 3 minutes he was out there, but there is a reason he played only 3 minutes. He can't play. Bogut is a great defensive force, but you simply can't depend on him to bear the scoring burden.

I see JJ and Thompson taking the scoring load, and I don't think it works for them. Leonard on Thompson works great, and if Parker can't go, Corey did fine on JJ.

Sure, JJ can penetrate and score, but he is not the distributor that Curry is.

Parker certainly scores most of the points for us, so that is a big, big blow. But Manu can dish out plenty of assists, and as Splitter gets back into things, he, Leonard, Green, and hopefully Manu can pick up the scoring.

In any event, winning game 4 is a luxury. Game 5 is the key game. I can't imagine Parker missing games 4 and 5 with a calf bruise, especially considering he would get essentially Sat, Sun, and Monday off to prepare for Tuesday.

If we win game 5, regardless of game 4, I think we win the series. I don't see GS winning two elimination games.

TheGoldStandard
05-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Parkers bruise shouldn't limit him very much, once he gets warm the pain will fade and he won't think about it much so expect his scoring to come in the second part of the 1st quarter, before halftime after halftime and then early in the 4th. If Curry sprained his ankle he'll just be a spot up shooter and won't be able to come off the screens as quick or at all so we can stay at home with him and shut him down easier .

celldweller
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Tony's okay, he was a little gassed and in his full "Drama" mode. Steph on the other hand is most likely going to be limited.

Brunodf
05-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Players who played like shit on O have to step up(Splitter/Green/Manu)

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 01:46 AM
They will both be needed equally. Spurs' offense without Tony was awful, same goes for Curry and Warriors.

TheGoldStandard
05-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Tiago wants nothing to do with the ball without Tim in the game. He does his best work when Tim is on the opposite block and can rebound or he can dump the ball off. He turns way too much into his defender and the help defense. He needs to post low and actually work his body not fade away hook shots.

spursfaninla
05-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Manu had 11 assists in game 1.

Manu's problem in the offense is his shot is so off, they can effectively defend the drive. However, his passing continues to be pretty on aside from that terrible behind the back pass to parker.

I think it might do some of our role players some good to have to score again, just for one game.

spursfaninla
05-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Tiago is a pnr bigman, or moving without the ball to the rim. Today, he simply does not have the low post moves to create for himself. If we start running some pnr for him and actually giving him the ball 30% of the time, he will score in double digits at a 60% clip.

KL2
05-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Curry not 100% is huge for SA, Parker can FINALLY guard him, I'm sure Cojo can too. This means Green will be able to stay on Jack who's been lighting us up.

They actually made this adjustment towards the end of this game when Curry was hurt, they put TP back on Curry, and switched Green over to Jack. Jack could not get his shot off wth Green's length, just like Curry wasn't able to.