PDA

View Full Version : Diaw in the post

Amuseddaysleeper
05-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Spurs should explore this a little more. I remember in the '08 series Diaw used to do well with his hook shots from the post against us, and he got some buckets with that move tonight.

When Diaw is aggressive with his shot it's amazing how much better SA as a whole looks. Same deal with the first couple games of that OKC series last year.

He should exploit his size more on the offensive end with those nifty hook shots.

hooperflash
05-11-2013, 02:30 AM
..... aaaand down goes Boris for the remainder of the postseason... just playin' amused :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
05-11-2013, 02:37 AM
yep very effective when he has a small on him uses his girth and soft touch well, lets hope pop calls more for it when their trying to hide barnes and green on him...

chapnis
05-11-2013, 03:12 AM
yep very effective when he has a small on him uses his girth and soft touch well, lets hope pop calls more for it when their trying to hide barnes and green on him...

Girth, best word for it.

8FOR!3
05-11-2013, 06:17 AM
It's crazy how skilled he is in the post against smaller guys considering he came in the NBA as a guard.

Brazil
05-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Still don't understand why only 8 mn in game 2

milkyway21
05-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Just let Diaw / Splitter share minutes...but Splitter must start.

lol Diaw touching Manu's bald spot :D

http://64.19.142.12/www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/130511_041.JPG

KenziE
05-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Still don't understand why only 8 mn in game 2

Pop threw game 2 so the team wont be complacent TBH

John B
05-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Spurs should explore this a little more. I remember in the '08 series Diaw used to do well with his hook shots from the post against us, and he got some buckets with that move tonight.

When Diaw is aggressive with his shot it's amazing how much better SA as a whole looks. Same deal with the first couple games of that OKC series last year.

He should exploit his size more on the offensive end with those nifty hook shots.
All night baby. He got height (and weight) advantage over his guy. And he's so skilled to just being passive. He reminds mw of Odom. When he's aggressive, he's really good and could be the X factor with his lenght, passing, shooting and ballhandling.

Horse
05-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Pop needs to tell him to attack. Big time mismatch for us. He just went right to hoop got whatever he wanted.

exstatic
05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Pop needs to tell him to attack. Big time mismatch for us. He just went right to hoop got whatever he wanted.

I wish he would at least check his path to the basket before doing his 360 swivel to check for team mates. There was a wide open lane in the 4th that he flat missed. I think a team mate was pointing and jumping up and down, but by the time he saw it and started his drive, GS reacted and he missed in traffic. He could have dunked.

boutons_deux
05-11-2013, 08:46 AM
He has a pretty good all around game and BBIQ. Did Hubie say he was drafted as a PG? I think none of it is due to his fat which he doesn't use under the boards and which hinders him as much as his passivity. A 30-pounds-lighter, aggressive Boris would be a huge upgrade for the Spurs. Given enough minutes and touches, he could put Spurs over the top.

z0sa
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Seeing Boris Diaw aggressive makes me ecstatic. He adds everything Bonners sorry ass does, like spreading das floor, plus adding good or better defense and great BBIQ. Pop playing him 8 minutes in game 2 was obviously an error.

hoopdreams11
05-11-2013, 09:31 AM
It was funny how quickly Mark Jackson pulled Draymon after Boris started posting him. He was doing what Mark Jackson used to do with other point guards back in the day

freetiago
05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Diaw has always had all star skill
he just chooses to be a pussy who would rather break his back pump faking vs shooting the ball
cant count on Diaw to show up and play within the flow of offense consistently

he could easily have near Duncan impact on a game if he played more aggressively and would be by far the second best big on the team

Raven
05-11-2013, 09:54 AM
on paper he has the most complete skillset of any big in the league. It doesn't really tell much, but that's just a fact.

exstatic
05-11-2013, 10:15 AM
He has a pretty good all around game and BBIQ. Did Hubie say he was drafted as a PG? I think none of it is due to his fat which he doesn't use under the boards and which hinders him as much as his passivity. A 30-pounds-lighter, aggressive Boris would be a huge upgrade for the Spurs. Given enough minutes and touches, he could put Spurs over the top.

Boris is never going to be aggressive. He is what he is, which is a MASSIVELY talented, hi BBIQ cog in our machine. He can stretch the floor and make plays from the 4 spot.

mercos
05-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Boris looked very good tonight. The Spurs will need these types of contributions going forward. I'd love to get more out of him, but I'll settle for what he gave us tonight.

silverblk mystix
05-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Boris is never going to be aggressive. He is what he is, which is a MASSIVELY talented, hi BBIQ cog in our machine. He can stretch the floor and make plays from the 4 spot.

What does knowing a lot about Barbeque have to do with basketball? ;)

jag
05-11-2013, 10:44 AM

If Boris had a different mindset and a different work ethic, he wouldn't be on the Spurs; he'd be on some other team making $15M/year.

Tuddy
05-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Cant believe how easy he was pushing Green all the way to the rim

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
He's no Matt Bonner.