PDA

View Full Version : Those losers on the warriors forums...

blizz
05-11-2013, 02:48 AM
On three separate forums are calling the Spurs floppers saying that Manu and Tony flop every time they go into the paint. Now I can be somewhat objective here but what game were they watching? I didn't see anything close. They are also saying that they got robbed and that they have played better than us all three games and should be up 3-0. :lmao

Floyd Pacquiao
05-11-2013, 02:52 AM
:lol links?

Brunodf
05-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Game 1: Refs gave 2 straight tic tac fouls in the 2OT to GSW, but Manu saved the Spurs.
Game 2: Bogut got away with 15~ fouls.
Game 3: GSW got 5-7 ridiculous calls, some very suspicious offensive fouls called on Manu/Timmy and Tony was hammered multiple times.

Sean Cagney
05-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Well tell them they set so many illegal screens all game long that it's unbelievable! Even announcers mentioned it!

racm
05-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Eh, they're not as delusional as Lakersground so give them some slack.

LarryDavid
05-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Eh, there are threads here with people asking for more minutes for Blair and McGrady. Fans are just fans.

blizz
05-11-2013, 03:08 AM
http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/

LarryDavid
05-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Eh, they're...

Eh, there...

Sup my Canadian brethren

chapnis
05-11-2013, 03:15 AM
All of them, or a select few? There are a few guys here that would say crazy shit like that too.

BatManu20
05-11-2013, 03:15 AM
Their forum ain't on Timvp's forum's level :hat

pikkiwoki
05-11-2013, 03:18 AM

that's not even a forum, looks more like a mailing list or something :lol

hooperflash
05-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Listen to Metta's words of wisdom, tbh. ”No Excuses..”

james evans
05-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Game 1: Refs gave 2 straight tic tac fouls in the 2OT to GSW, but Manu saved the Spurs.
Game 2: Bogut got away with 15~ fouls.
Game 3: GSW got 5-7 ridiculous calls, some very suspicious offensive fouls called on Manu/Timmy and Tony was hammered multiple times.
don't forget the multiple "sticking your azz out on the picks" moves bogut and others are so good at, but the refs won't call it.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 03:48 AM
You have an amazing forum here and you still go there and you bitch around when you read something you don't like. Stay in your hood brah.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 03:55 AM
:lmao

blizz
05-11-2013, 04:04 AM
It's funny. I'm not bitching about it. No on said anything about going to those forums instead of this one. I just like to see the other point of view.

lefty
05-11-2013, 04:05 AM
holy fuck their "forum" is unreadable

blizz
05-11-2013, 04:08 AM
That wasnt the only one out there, there are a few as well as their espn forum. Google them.

Stabula
05-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Yeah that forum is a fucking mess.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Stay classy Spurs fans :smokin

chapnis
05-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Most of Manus flops are morally defensible for me. Genuine fouls, but the refs would probably miss them if he didn't hit the deck.

DapDaGenius
05-11-2013, 05:13 AM
don't forget the multiple "sticking your azz out on the picks" moves bogut and others are so good at, but the refs won't call it.

What was up with Klay Thompson shoving Splitter? Even the commentators made mention that Klay got away with it.

mudyez
05-11-2013, 05:39 AM

I'm still confused if I need to update my browser or if that is the forum?

unforeseen
05-11-2013, 05:58 AM
No doubt some of them are fair weather Lakerfans trying to get on their bandwagon.

racm
05-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Sup my Canadian brethren

:lol

XTah
05-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Question: Can anyone explain why in the first half Manu got called for a charge when the guy was way into the charge circle?

exstatic
05-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Question: Can anyone explain why in the first half Manu got called for a charge when the guy was way into the charge circle?

Hubie even whiffed on the replay. Of course, he's like 90, and can be expected to forget about things that didn't exist back in the day like the no-charge circle.

McGusto55
05-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Hubie hates the spurs...and i fucken hate hubie....

z0sa
05-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Hubie is a great commentator and basketball mind I think. That said I also believe he harbors a little animosity from 2004. It seems mostly subconscious. Plus he is old

Chinook
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I loved Brown's commentary. Hate his voice, but love the commentary. After having to hear Chris Webber for two games, I'd think people would be more appreciative.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
this is why i wish the mods would open up registration, so that we could hear this kind of talk directly from warriors fan

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2013, 09:20 AM

he was a spurs commentator before he coached the grizzlies

Chinook
05-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Hubie even whiffed on the replay. Of course, he's like 90, and can be expected to forget about things that didn't exist back in the day like the no-charge circle.

It was because Ginobili kneed the defender in the chest. That's a charge even if the defender is in the circle.

exstatic
05-11-2013, 09:30 AM
he was a spurs commentator before he coached the grizzlies

IIRC, he used an "out" in his TV contract to get the MEM job. He and Pop were not OK from what I remember. We got a better shake from Joel Meyers who went to our bitter rivals in LA. Hubie has no love for the Spurs and gives them very few props.

Whisky Dog
05-11-2013, 09:48 AM

They called him for "Karl Maloning" the defender with his knee

Now the 1,304,820 moving screens GS did and got away with? I have no logical reason for the officiating being that blind

EVAY
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM

Yeah I noticed that as well and also noticed that the announcers didn't say a thing about it, but when Neal ( I think Neal, I forget exactly which Spur it was) tried to take a charge in the second half and less than 2 inches of his heel was on the restricted area line they were so quick to say how the call was right.

Face it kids, the Warriors are exciting because they are young and nobody expected them to play this well. It is better for ratings for them to go on. They are like the 'Cinderella' team of the NCAA tournament each year.

EVAY
05-11-2013, 09:59 AM

FACT.

Just about every damn time.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Meh, they aren't any worse than 75% of this forum that all quit on the Spurs a 100 times this season, tbh..

wut
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
There was also that 'elbow' that Duncan caught the defender who didn't give him an inch, call. Anyone else remember the 10 times a game Howard would get away with intentional elbows without a call?

DPG21920
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Well, they are partially right. In reality, they probably should have been up 2-0. But last night they got beat.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Also, anybody complaining about Bogut calls/no calls is fucking delusional, tbh:lol..

Bogut fouls and commits illegally screens on virtually every other play, tbh..he should be fouling out every game..he's been manhandling Tim, like Mark Jackson's obese wife manhandles a BBQ steakhouse, tbh..

skulls138
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Yeah! Bump this question. I was watching with the sound down. That guy was ALL the way in the half circle, and may have been moving. No big deal though...we won.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Manu kneed the guy in the chest, that's a charge

K-State Spur
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Manu kneed the guy in the chest, that's a charge

Fixed version would be: Manu's knee was the first part to connect with a secondary defender who was not in legal defensive position.

K-State Spur
05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Actually, the more outrageous thing on GSW forums is that they think they just took Spurs' "best shot" and still would have won if not for off shooting nights.

Which completely ignores:

1) GSW's previous shooting levels in Game 1 & 2 were not sustainable. Klay Thompson may well prove to be the second fiddle in what will become the "best shooting backcourt of all time"...and I'll still bet a large sum of money that he NEVER shoots 88% on 9+ 3s in a single playoff half again in his entire career. Many of those coming with a hand in the face.

2) Virtually every GSW rotation player is playing above their regular season level. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green - especially. That's going to come back to earth at some point, hopefully for the rest of this series. If they shot at that level for the entire postseason, they're winning the title (they won't).

3) Parker gave GSW something close to his "best shot." Green on the defensive end as well. Maybe lump Boris' first half into that. But otherwise, who else could we say that about? Duncan was solid, but he's still capable of dominating inside - especially when guarded by anybody but Bogut. Manu had moments, but is still way off his game. Leonard's offense has been erratic - prior to that corner 3, all of his points are coming around the rim (and that's sustainable if GSW allows it to be). Green's going to have a game where he rolls off 5 or 6 treys at some point here. But then Tiago/Bonner/Neal have shat themselves.

Kidd K
05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Warriors definitely didn't play better in game 3. Whoever said that shit was high. Spurs practically led wire to wire and didn't get more calls than GS did.

Refs definitely didn't fuck them either. Game 1 Spurs maybe got 55% favorable calls late in the game (shockingly, and tbh was the first time I've seen that in years), but it was mostly them being allowed to play physical (with the body, not hacks) without getting whistled, not getting bs whistles.

In the end, the Warriors pretty much played their best game of the season in game 1, Spurs played one of their worst in game 2 where Thompson had the best game of his career. Game 3 was just a normal, everyday game for both teams imo, and the Spurs looked better as they should. Spurs didn't play great, but the Warriors weren't hitting contested drifters and 30 foot threes all night at a 75% rate again.

Most of Manus flops are morally defensible for me. Genuine fouls, but the refs would probably miss them if he didn't hit the deck.

That's how I feel about it too. Manu doesn't flop on non contact or brush contact, he only flops on medium or more contact. Tbh, I have never minded those flops. The only flops I don't like are when guys flop hard when an elbow whizzes by but doens't touch them, or when someone barely gets brushed and they jump back and go flying into the stands and shit on like 5-10% power being put on them.

Chinook
05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Fixed version would be: Manu's knee was the first part to connect with a secondary defender who was not in legal defensive position.

That's still a charge, no matter how you color it.

Budkin
05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
That's still a charge, no matter how you color it.

Yeah you can't lead with the knee, period. Guys obviously get away with it at times.

SpursRock20
05-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I loved Brown's commentary. Hate his voice, but love the commentary. After having to hear Chris Webber for two games, I'd think people would be more appreciative.

He commentates as if the viewer has never seen a basketball game before. It gets really old after awhile.

Mugen
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Bogut fouls and commits illegally screens on virtually every other play, tbh..he should be fouling out every game..he's been manhandling Tim, like Mark Jackson's obese wife manhandles a BBQ steakhouse, tbh..

:lol