PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Denver GM win Executive of the Year. Buford 5th. Kupcake skunked like the Lakers

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
"The student has become the teacher." :lmao

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/09/masai-ujiri-named-executive-of-year-2013/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Mugen
05-11-2013, 11:49 AM
http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mitch.gif

irishock
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
:lol Rob Hennigan making the tally, Mitch missing it

jeebus
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Clipper Nation
05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Boiled down:::

Gary Sacks: 28 points
the tired old shit bag Kupchak: 0

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 12:04 PM

:lol

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Per par:

Mitch absolutely deserves praise. He did his job. It isn't his fault the Lakers suffered a ton of injuries and hired a piss poor coach. I understand him not getting it due to the Lakers' struggles, but to say that he doesn't deserve praise is ludicrous.

Speaking of which, did D'Antoni get any CoY votes? ;)

Yeah it is.

Clipper Nation
05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Meh, I'd give Kupcake half the blame for that, since Jimmy Buss is also at fault, tbh..... you're stuck with those losers, Lakerfan :lol

jag
05-11-2013, 12:33 PM

:lol

Killakobe81
05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
LOL caring about this shit ...

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
LOL caring about this shit ...

Own up, son.

King Nupe
05-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Who cares about this? Mitch has 5 Championships to his name, and 3 others as a player for the Lakers. He's been here since the 80's. You think he cares about this crap? He gets to be GM for the Lakers. All he has to do is call a freeagent and he can get him. I'd like to see Buford or Denvers GM get a superstar in the NEXT 10 YEARS....

Speaking of which, the only reason Denver GM got Iggy, was because the Lakers traded for Howard. It had nothing to do with His skills...

:rollin

CubanMustGo
05-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Who cares about this? Mitch has 5 Championships to his name, and 3 others as a player for the Lakers. He's been here since the 80's. You think he cares about this crap? He gets to be GM for the Lakers. All he has to do is call a freeagent and he can get him. I'd like to see Buford or Denvers GM get a superstar in the NEXT 10 YEARS....

ivYzpTDc4A0

whitemamba
05-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Did rc get it?

namlook
05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Meh, I'd give Kupcake half the blame for that, since Jimmy Buss is also at fault, tbh..... you're stuck with those losers, Lakerfan :lol

Jim Buss is a loser but Mitch is very good and definately knows what he's doing.

How about ring count? :lol

Clippers count exec of the year vote tally, while Lakers count rings.

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
King Nupe's been pretty mad lately.

King Nupe
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Jim Buss is a loser but Mitch is very good and definately knows what he's doing.

Why do you keep perpetuating this narrative? After we lost to the Mavs in 2011, all the fans were screaming for a defensive coach. So he got COY Mike Brown. He also traded for Chris Paul, but stern happened. Then he got Jamison, the Nash, then D12 and he was praised as a god. DR BUSS fired Mike brown and wanted Dantoni. He wanted showtime back. But of course you listen to Steven A Smith and ESPN all day and perpetuate this idiotic agenda. Chill with that man

King Nupe
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Lol, who's mad?

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Why do you keep perpetuating this narrative? After we lost to the Mavs in 2011, all the fans were screaming for a defensive coach. So he got COY Mike Brown. He also traded for Chris Paul, but stern happened. Then he got Jamison, the Nash, then D12 and he was praised as a god. DR BUSS fired Mike brown and wanted Dantoni. He wanted showtime back. But of course you listen to Steven A Smith and ESPN all day and perpetuate this idiotic agenda. Chill with that man

And all 3 were terrible decisions. The only reason Dwight looks like a good pickup in hindsight is because Bynum wound up being injured for the year, but a healthy Bynum has a greater upside than Dwight. Once Dwight loses his athleticism, which is already happening, he's done. Bynum can play well into his 30s.

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 08:18 PM

:lol Living in the past
:lol Ring counts

Clippers swept the season series against the Lakers. They won the division. They weren't the biggest failure in NBA history. Pretty much every fanbase has bragging rights over Lakers fans right now.

Own up, son.

racm
05-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm all right with Jay-Z's big bro winning EoY but Bryan Colangelol has two of those awards, which shows how shitty they are.

baseline bum
05-11-2013, 08:34 PM
LOL Hennigan > Kupchack

http://p.twimg.com/Az50Tq-CYAEiM98.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JKg3j.png

http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/8504_qFboCG4ClOhvjD7.jpg

Clipper Nation
05-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Salty as fuck :lol

whitemamba
05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
:lol Living in the past
:lol Ring counts

Clippers swept the season series against the Lakers. They won the division. They weren't the biggest failure in NBA history. Pretty much every fanbase has bragging rights over Lakers fans right now.

Own up, son.

whats the NBA about again?

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 09:16 PM
whats the NBA about again?

The NBA, and sports in general, are all about "what have you done for me lately?" The Lakers, Spurs, and Celtics championships might've well happened 100 years ago.

whitemamba
05-11-2013, 09:20 PM
The NBA, and sports in general, are all about "what have you done for me lately?" The Lakers, Spurs, and Celtics championships might've well happened 100 years ago.

so you discard every championship after how many years?

AaronY
05-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Should we pull up ur Mavs related posts and find out?..

jeebus
05-11-2013, 09:30 PM
fuck, are laker fan gonna be this bitchy throughout the dwight era?

midnightpulp
05-11-2013, 09:51 PM

No. It's just weak to deflect from eating crow by referencing ring counts.

AaronY
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Lol, laughing at Dallas with how they've fallen apart since their 2011 title barely a year later..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200856&highlight=Cuban

Meanwhile..Waaah don't make fun of whats happened LA since 2010..too soon..16 rings, faggot..

Clipper Nation
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Son, you need to own up....

Biggest failure in sports historyPERIOD

Killakobe81
05-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm all right with Jay-Z's big bro winning EoY but Bryan Colangelol has two of those awards, which shows how shitty they are.

All these awards are shitty ...

The Reckoning
05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
lol buford not winning a single year.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 10:48 PM

:lmao Now LA fans suddenly doesn't acknowledge individual achievements :lmao

whitemamba
05-12-2013, 03:37 AM
No. It's just weak to deflect from eating crow by referencing ring counts.
but my point is thats what its all about, whats wrong with talking about histroy, and winning, its about the name on the front, and banners to back it up, this is all in my personal opinion of course.

Im the biggest faggot on ST, I hopped on a bandwagon thinking they were going to go far, and now that my "team" has lived up to their failures, i just suck everyone else's dick to make friends, I cant defend my own "team" for :lolbvious reasons.My character is to steal what other people sayPERIOD, band wagon is in my blood. Because i have no friends in real life, people on ST are the only means of social interaction i have, i masterbate to fat japanese chicks with sushi nipples, and vaginas that have more hair than the monkeys i route for.this is my life, i am ClipperNation, im a loser

Quadzilla99
05-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Lol, laughing at Dallas with how they've fallen apart since their 2011 title barely a year later..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200856&highlight=Cuban

Meanwhile..Waaah don't make fun of whats happened LA since 2010..too soon..16 rings, faggot..
Lmao. What a fucking dumbass.

Mal
05-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Presti got votes ? For trading Harden for scrubs ??

racm
05-12-2013, 06:47 AM
All these awards are shitty ...

Mostly because they're media awards of the "what have you done for me lately?" ilk.

Buford was never the type to make blockbuster moves to get a team to contention because he and Pop built the core and got the role players in a relatively quiet process.

Also, Ujiri won it because his team was the one that immediately improved after the Dwight trade.

LAL: Gave up Bynum and a bunch of role players for _wight H_war_. Finished with a worse winning percentage, a badly injured Kobe, and a run down, old roster.
PHI: Gave up Iggy, Vucevic for Bynum. Bynum missed the entire season and spent more time fixing his hair than rehabilitating, and the Sixers... became a 9th seed, though their win percentage plummeted.
ORL: Gave up Dwight for Afflalo, Harrington, and Vucevic. The vets sucked and facilitated the tank while Vucevic became a double double machine. Won only 20 games, but have the best odds of winning the draft lottery.
DEN: Gave up Afflalo for Iggy. Team won a franchise record 57 wins and the 3rd seed, before they realized they were shit beyond the arc and sorely missed Afflalo and Gallinari.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
:lol Damn, whitemamba is so salty, I got him changing my quotes..... is it really that hard to own up to being the biggest failure in sports history?

fevertrees
05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Dell Demps get a third place vote for signing the CORNERSTONE. :lol:

Splits
05-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Per par:

Yeah it is.

I'm pretty sure Jeffs is, is related to, or is inspired by this guy: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

whitemamba
05-12-2013, 01:00 PM
:lol Damn, whitemamba is so salty, I got him changing my quotes..... is it really that hard to own up to being the biggest failure in sports history?

nah son, 40 years----- 0 :lol

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
nah son, 40 years----- 0 :lol
The 2012-13 Lakers are still the biggest failure in sports historyPERIOD

midnightpulp
05-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Jeffs is, is related to, or is inspired by this guy: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

:lol Steed

King Nupe
05-12-2013, 02:00 PM
The 2012-13 Lakers are still the biggest failure in sports historyPERIOD

Ok, but you would take this season as long as it went along with 16 rings. You still lost in the 2nd round with HCA. How are we a bigger failure?

midnightpulp
05-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Ok, but you would take this season as long as it went along with 16 rings. You still lost in the 2nd round with HCA. How are we a bigger failure?

Quit qualifying and deflecting by mentioning your history and just own up.

Like this:

"Yeah, we flat out sucked this year and are the biggest failure in NBA history. Jim Buss fucked up. Mitch fucked up. D'Antoni fucked up. Dwight is a pussy ass bitch for quitting on the team. Nash uses his injuries as an excuse to quit, like Derrick Rose. We got handed the worst playoff home loss in Lakers' history. We got swept. This season was an embarrassment."

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Ok, but you would take this season as long as it went along with 16 rings.
Not really, tbh.... I'd rather not be the laughingstock of American sports regardless of ring count.....

You still lost in the 2nd round with HCA.
To the 5th seed, as the 4th seed, with both teams having the same record.... plus Memphis is hardly some scrub team, they're now pushing RefKC's shit in....

How are we a bigger failure?
The Lakers spent $120mil, guaranteed 73 wins and a ring, and then needed Stern to hand them the 7th seed, where they proceeded to get dominated and swept in the first round.... biggest failure in sports historyPERIOD

Own up, son....

jeebus
05-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Laker fan, Laker troll, and Spurfan disguised as Laker fan will be continually raped for the next few months. dats a whole lotta butthurt

King Nupe
05-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Quit qualifying and deflecting by mentioning your history and just own up.

Like this:

"Yeah, we flat out sucked this year and are the biggest failure in NBA history. Jim Buss fucked up. Mitch fucked up. D'Antoni fucked up. Dwight is a pussy ass bitch for quitting on the team. Nash uses his injuries as an excuse to quit, like Derrick Rose. We got handed the worst playoff home loss in Lakers' history. We got swept. This season was an embarrassment."

Be with all that, you won't be winning the championship either. This will be the 4th straight year you had a top seed and didnt win the chip. We would've been a failure had we made the finals and lost. At the end of the day you will be fishing just like we are.

King Nupe
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Not really, tbh.... I'd rather not be the laughingstock of American sports regardless of ring count.....

To the 5th seed, as the 4th seed, with both teams having the same record.... plus Memphis is hardly some scrub team, they're now pushing RefKC's shit in....

The Lakers spent $120mil, guaranteed 73 wins and a ring, and then needed Stern to hand them the 7th seed, where they proceeded to get dominated and swept in the first round.... biggest failure in sports historyPERIOD

Own up, son....

LoL, ok man. This discussion is futile.

z0sa
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM
:lol just the cherry on top of the most epic failure of all time.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 03:05 PM
LoL, ok man. This discussion is futile.
You're right, it is, since your only options are spamming the ring count as if that makes your season any less embarrassing or owning up, which you refuse to do....

midnightpulp
05-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Be with all that, you won't be winning the championship either. This will be the 4th straight year you had a top seed and didnt win the chip. We would've been a failure had we made the finals and lost. At the end of the day you will be fishing just like we are.

:lol Still deflecting.

baseline bum
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
You're right, it is, since your only options are spamming the ring count as if that makes your season any less embarrassing or owning up, which you refuse to do....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WSoMffA-kjA/USPUoBkmbAI/AAAAAAAABlQ/bV4iwgzpBNs/s1600/hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

King Nupe
05-12-2013, 03:56 PM

Why would I be embarrassed? I'm not on team. I can just think of all the championships we've won, you can't do that. Sure this season sucked but who cares.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Why would I be embarrassed? I'm not on team. I can just think of all the championships we've won, you can't do that. Sure this season sucked but who cares.
:lol Deflecting

Own up son.... own up...

namlook
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
The Lakers don't win a championship or get to the finals every year and when that happens that's big news that people love to celebrate. :lol

whitemamba
05-12-2013, 09:21 PM
The Lakers don't win a championship or get to the finals every every year and when that happens that's big news that people love to celebrate. :lol

:lol clipper nation :lol

whitemamba
05-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Im the biggest faggotPERIOD

Clipper Nation
05-13-2013, 12:04 AM
:lol clipper nation :lol
Own up, son.... own up :lol

whitemamba
05-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Im a faggotPERIOD

AaronY