PDA

View Full Version : Should we be cheering for OKC or Memphis?

mute
05-11-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't mean to look ahead or jinx us, but who should I be cheering for in the OKC/Memphis series? Obviously, I want it to go 7 games with a couple of OT games in there.

OKC misses Westbrook a lot and obviously aren't the same team without him, but they still have Durant, one of the best pure scorers in the past 30 years. They are also a lot deeper and have more "skilled" players.

Memphis with their bigs inside scare me... no like as dynamic as Durant, but overall they are more of a complete team. Defensively, I think both will give us problems equally.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Memphis should be easier. Their main offensive threat is Gasol. Randolph is streaky and Splitter has shown he can play great defense on him. If we ge past GS and their ridiculous shooting I doubt the Spurs would have trouble with Memphis or OKC.

spursfaninla
05-11-2013, 09:52 PM
I prefer Memphis. Although they are the more complete team, Durant is more dangerous, by himself, than any two memphis players. We have the front court to handle them just fine. In fact, Randolph does not look that good anymore IMO. conley is better this year than in previous years.

Given the Thunder's finals experience, and their proven ability to be clutch late int he playoffs, I want them gone, the sooner the better. The Griz can't handle us the way they did in the past; our team is vastly better defensively compared to then, and are relatively more healthy, and MUCH deeper. They are solid and experienced, but ultimately we are a better scoring team. They are a better defensive team, but it is a small edge.

Sean Cagney
05-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Both would be very hard to defeat, Memphis you got HC though! I know we lost last time with it (Last two years), but it surely is better to have it than not to have it.

superjames1992
05-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Memphis due to the home court advantage, tbh. Plus, I'd rather avoid Durant, even if they are Westbrickless.

hooperflash
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
We should be cheering the Spurs to victory against the Dubs!

Robz4000
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Grizz. They play physical but in the end lack the scoring to really beat the Spurs 4 out of 7 times.

Arcadian
05-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I think I'd prefer Memphis. Even though they're probably the better team, they don't have anyone as good individually as Durant. Durant would average like 35 ppg against us. If Duncan/Splitter can neutralize Gasol/Randolph, we win without too much trouble.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
One game at a time, too early to worry about the Warriors. Should be focused on winning game 4 tomorrow, that'd be huge if the Spurs can win tomorrow.

Russ
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Memphis:

1. Home Court Advantage

2. No Derek Fisher

justinandimcool
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
OKC has homecourt, Durant who could get hot at any 4 game stretch, Ibaka who is somehow the GOAT midrange player against us, and Fisher.

The Grizz are good but rely a lot on Gasol offensively lately, have a important playoff supporting cast guys in Pondexter and Bayless that are inexperienced, have pretty bad offensive system. Scoring would be a headache but at least we can focus more on that end. And I'd rather deal with Memphis' toughness and physicality rather than OKC's length and athleticism.

thunderup
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Yall should be cheering for us, the good guys. :lol

Brunodf
05-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I would like to play OKC tbh, rematch.

But Memphis is one of the teams that i actually like(other than the Spurs).

tesseractive
05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Should we be cheering for OKC or Memphis?

No.

sananspursfan21
05-11-2013, 10:35 PM
honestly, i pick memphis. they're healthy and have no excuse when they lose...

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
root for a long series.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 10:53 PM
TBH, I'm done with cheering. I cheered for Golden State when they fought Denver :lol Let's just take on the team who blocks our path tbh

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm starting to hold the view that Oklahoma City would be better for the Spurs. Although the Spurs would hold homecourt advantage over Memphis.

Robz4000
05-11-2013, 11:07 PM
TBH, I'm done with cheering. I cheered for Golden State when they fought Denver :lol Let's just take on the team who blocks our path tbh

I'm still fairly convinced Golden State was the better team to face. With the way the Spurs looked in the first two games chances were they'd of gone to Denver down 0-2. Once the Spurs fully understand how to guard the Dubs (which they've just about done) they'll finish this series up.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm still fairly convinced Golden State was the better team to face. With the way the Spurs looked in the first two games chances were they'd of gone to Denver down 0-2. Once the Spurs fully understand how to guard the Dubs (which they've just about done) they'll finish this series up.

No one can shoot lights out from Denver tbh. So I'd doubt we'd have gone down 0-2 but I agree it was all a matter of time that the Spurs figure out this Warriors offense.

Budkin
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Yall should be cheering for us, the good guys. :lol

I might be the only one but I'm cheering for you. Would like a rematch and would not like to play the Grizz. They scarred my psyche in 2011.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Memphis should be easier. Their main offensive threat is Gasol. Randolph is streaky and Splitter has shown he can play great defense on him. If we ge past GS and their ridiculous shooting I doubt the Spurs would have trouble with Memphis or OKC.

Did you say this before the GSW series too? :lmao

Robz4000
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
No one can shoot lights out from Denver tbh. So I'd doubt we'd have gone down 0-2 but I agree it was all a matter of time that the Spurs figure out this Warriors offense.

Nah, but they have the sheer athleticism that gives the Spurs fits, and Iggy > Thompson. He'd of truly pushed Tony's shit in.

letmk
05-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Either way, I hope they at least go to 6 games. Don't like to see the Grizzlies get 5-game sweep.

Robz4000
05-11-2013, 11:17 PM
The great thing about either outcome is that no matter what the Spurs are going to be playing for redemption. That alone should be enough motivation to bring energy from the opening tip of game one.

EricB
05-11-2013, 11:27 PM
OKC doesn't have the best 4/5 combo in the league, nor a pg as good as Conley, the bench for Memphis might be slightly better as well.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Did you say this before the GSW series too? :lmao
:flipoff

skulls138
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Who gives a flying fuck. A champion should be the best team so it dont matter the oppositiion, right?

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 11:42 PM
:cry

Holden_Caulfield
05-11-2013, 11:53 PM
i'd rather have a defensive battle rather than an offensive one

Nathan89
05-12-2013, 12:15 AM
OKC. We have advantages against them not so much against Memphis.

Russo21
05-12-2013, 12:47 AM
i'd rather have a defensive battle rather than an offensive one

Just like the good old days hey. Stern's ratings killers.

I really dont give a shit who we play. They've both won recent series against us so we need to avenge losses to both teams. But i'd probably prefer Memphis for no other reason then if we play and beat OKC everyone will be saying OKC didn't have Westbrick and we didnt play them at full strength and fucken asterix it etc etc Correct me if i'm mistaken but i think the Memphis team are healthy?

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Memphis plays tougher D & rebounds better, so I think they are a bigger threat than OKC. Spurs would have to go big, and I think Pop is still more infatuated with small-ball tinkerings and micro-management than good old Spursball.
Spurs would have to play perfectly to beat Memphis. Not sure the Spurs are up to that kind of challenge anymore. We haven't looked impressive at all against GS IMO.
I'd rather be lucky than good at this point, so I think facing a hobbled OKC would be a better option.

Biggems
05-12-2013, 01:16 AM
I want Memphis....they play a tough, physical game, something we will need to prepare us for either the Heat, Pacers, or Bulls if we get to the finals.

KL2
05-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I'd love to play Memphis if Baynes is getting playing time, I think he can do really well against their bigs, perfect guy to limit ZBo.

OKC isn't a bad matchup either, Kawhi does a great job of forcing KD into tough shots and most importantly the guy is a Thunder killer! He's played very well against OKC, too quick for KD/Ibaka and too strong Sef, he could be huge in that series.

Normally they put Sef on TP however if Kawhi is going off they'll put Sef on him, meanwhile TP will have the luxury of burning Fisher and Jackson. No Westbrook means Green can guard Martin, TP also wont expend that much energy guarding Jackson & Fisher who aren't offensive threats.

The one guy who worries me is Ibaka, however I don't think his offense will be enough.

Dingle Barry
05-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Memphis because I can't handle anymore of Fisher's bullshit, and I want to beat that fucker zbo.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2013, 01:34 AM
At this point of the post-season, OKC. Memphis is a physical team that at times can be offensively stagnant, OKC is the better perimeter team because of KD. In terms of chances of winning, it really doesn't matter. In terms of hoping to get healthy come finals, OKC.

Higher chances of getting injured when playing against physical teams.

Stabula
05-12-2013, 02:33 AM
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Magindam/penisman2_zpsace80d77.jpg (http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Magindam/media/penisman2_zpsace80d77.jpg.html)

naico
05-12-2013, 03:47 AM
I prefer playing OKC. Their offense is focused almost exclusively on Durant. The interior players are barely involved in their system. Memphis has two bangers inside which could lead to foul trouble for our bigs. Gasol gets calls like crazy lately too. Conley has evolved and has turned into an offensive weapon and i hate streaky shooters like Bayless or Pondexter. You know guys like that get hot against the Spurs for some reason.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2013, 03:50 AM
http://b-b2.com/testing100/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/chickens_hatch.jpg

Horry Hipcheck
05-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Either one is a tough out. I don't really care which one wins, the Spurs will have to play one of them if they can survive the Warriors and as long as they can drag that series out as long as possible it benefits the Spurs. They both looked horrendous in Game 3, though.

For now I'm just hoping the Spurs take Game 4 in Oakland and get a foot on the Warriors' neck.

Darkwaters
05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
As long as thats a long, grind-it-out series, I'm fine with either. Either will be tough and a good series.

Horse
05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Memphis for sure we would have home court, we owe them, we have enough D to really hold them down and too much offense for them. We seem to own them lately. And the most important reason is we will not have to play the refs.

spurraider21
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
we can decently match up with the memphis bigs. okc provides matchup issues because of the athletes they've got, plus durant can take over late better than anybody on memphis could dream of doing so. plus okc is more likely to go on those stretches where they can't miss/are getting every call

that said, I don't care which team advances, as they'd both be revenge matches for the past 2 playoff exits. wouldn't mind facing OKC so we could somewhat avenge last year's defeat (although no westbrook).

racm
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I want a meteor to hit the Peake for Game 5 tbh

ThaBigFundamental21
05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
You should be cheering for whichever team you hate more and would like to see the Spurs beat. You guys and your fear. To be champion, you have to beat the best.

rascal
05-12-2013, 08:56 AM
OK City will be an easier matchup. They are not the same team without Westbrook.

Morg1411
05-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Memphis. One rematch at a time, and I think a Spurs-Grizz series will be fun to watch.

But first let's focus on getting the fuck out of Oakland in one piece.

elemento
05-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't care tbh

If SA can't beat OKC without Westbrook or Memphis with HCA, then they don't deserve the title.

Embedded
05-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Interesting to see Kevin Durant miss both clutch free throws there at the end. I don't think he can shoulder the defensive, distribution, and scoring load like he has and be money at the end of the game, he is an amazing shooter but he is human, after all.

Mel_13
05-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Memphis is going to win the series with OKC. The Thunder would have been the easier opponent as Durant can't beat a team like the Spurs or the Grizz by himself.

Fabbs
05-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Memphis clearly the better team but....
Stern-FisherFag-Thunderef poses potential of another riggaroo.
Would rather face a fairly reffed Memphis team.

rmt
05-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Don't know which would be easier. MEM is a more physical team but I think SAS matches up better with them. Gasol's been getting all this attention from the media/commentators - watch him get all-nba 1st team. Only Leonard is a SF (since Pop's not going to play McGrady) so our depth at that position is very thin + the refs and HCA. I hate Fisher and Ibaka looks like an all-star when playing against the Spurs. Just hope that they beat each other up in a 7 game series and whoever is easier for SAS to beat comes through.

Kidd K
05-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Either one really. I want to knock both teams out of the playoffs.

I don't agree with some on here who think Memphis will be easier. The Spurs will kill the Thunder if they don't have Westbrook. Memphis on the other hand is 100% and kicking their asses. It's kind of case in point. a 100% Memphis team is better than a 85-90% Thunder team.

Memphis will be the tougher team and we're more likely to pick up injuries playing them than we are OKC whom I'd actually prefer to play since it will give Kawhi some much-needed experience trying to stop a superstar SF to gear him up for LeBron in the Finals should we get there. Memphis pretty much in no way gears us up for the Heat since they're practically a polar opposite. I guess unless it toughens up our frontcourt to kill the Heat later, but I dunno.

JRHernandez88
05-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I want Memphis, I still cant get over that year they beat us. OKC beat us last year healthy, fair and square (even though the calls towards the end of the series were horrible) but that one time against Memphis bugged me. We need to make up for that embarrassing loss to an 8th seed. I think we'l beat them in 6, that's if we get to the next round...

z0sa
05-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Memphis is going to win the series with OKC. The Thunder would have been the easier opponent as Durant can't beat a team like the Spurs or the Grizz by himself.

Yep. I would definitely prefer OKC. It ain't happenin' though.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Memphis. Home-court advantage is huge. I don't think the Grizzlies have a guy like Curry that can just nail 3 after 3.

eric365
05-12-2013, 02:30 PM
We should be cheering for the spurs. This is far from over vs GSW

slick'81
05-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Call me crazy but I don't want any part of that Memphis front line

Legacy
05-12-2013, 10:13 PM
We should be cheering for GS, tbh. There'll be no more worrying and suicidal tendencies on this board. Just... fuck it allllll, I say! :lol (note sarcasm)

Keepin' it real
05-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I want payback on Gasol, Randolph, Allen, Conley and company.

But I will say this. Gasol and Randolph must be salivating to play the Spurs. Tim seems to be fading fast ... age catching up with him again. And Tiago is playing so incredibly soft. And I'm sure the Griz have some residual confidence based on their 2011 win.

Fireball
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
As always I want other teams to beat the living hell out of each other over a seven game series with several overtime games ... I only cheer for the Spurs

mudyez
05-15-2013, 09:31 AM
"Easy way me" says OKC, as I believe we match up pretty well against them minus Westbrook/Harden.

"Hard way me" says: Bring on the Griz! It's payback time and I don't care if they match up very well against us!

silverblk mystix
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Hope the Spurs win the GS series tomorrow - and I really hope it is Memphis.

Memphis is a tougher out - but Pop will be forced to play big - and I would rather see that than Pop going small against OKC - and seeing more Bon-Bon ball.