PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Two years ago today

Lincoln
05-12-2013, 12:03 PM
We shit all over the lakers en route to destroying okc and Miami

No one can ever take that title away from us. No one. We took Kobe's, durants, wade and lebrons cookies and we made them fucking like that shit

fevertrees
05-12-2013, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVM_TYVs-I

Venti Quattro
05-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Heh, it was also a Mother's Day and a Sunday.

whitemamba
05-12-2013, 01:01 PM

No one can ever take that title away from us. No one. We took Kobe's, durants, wade and lebrons cookies and we made them fucking like that shit

yes, ill fuck your momma again.

z0sa
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Although no one could be quite sure at the time, 'twas the end of an era.

Frank Dux
05-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Retired Phil you guys did.

D12
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM
:lol Mav fans living in the past

:lol only one ring in an era dominated by the Lakers and Spuds

irishock
05-12-2013, 01:37 PM

:lol talking about 'living in the past', then talks about the era that the Lakers once dominated in

midnightpulp
05-12-2013, 01:46 PM

:lol Your entire front office bending over backwards and spreading their ass for a chimp who put up 7 points and 5TOs against Aron Baynes.
:lol Dumbass Mitch thinking the chimp's jersey will one day "hang up there."
:lol Mitch skunked just like the Lakers in Executive of the Year voting.
:lol "Student Becomes the Teacher"
:lol "Basketball Reasons"
:lol Swept
:lol Lakers

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 01:49 PM
:lmao Lakerfan does nothing but live in the past....

midnightpulp
05-12-2013, 01:51 PM
:lmao Lakerfan does nothing but live in the past....

And they're convinced Dwight is gonna bring them into a new era of dominance.

mercos
05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
That was a great run by the Mavs, and one of the more surprising series outcomes I have ever witnessed. No one gave Dallas a chance against the Lakers.

Thebesteva
05-12-2013, 03:16 PM

As fighters will tell you, you're not a true champion until you defend your throne. So Mavs were never really a true championship team, it was more of a fluke.

Even though with the Spurs they never defended their throne, and that IS a huge knock on their legacy, the fact that they've been in the title mix for 14 years now makes them an amazing organization. Mavericks are basically the NBA version of the Colts and the Spurs are the Patriots, and of course the Lakers are the Steelers.

Durant82
05-12-2013, 03:33 PM
As fighters will tell you, you're not a true champion until you defend your throne. So Mavs were never really a true championship team, it was more of a fluke.

Even though with the Spurs they never defended their throne, and that IS a huge knock on their legacy, the fact that they've been in the title mix for 14 years now makes them an amazing organization. Mavericks are basically the NBA version of the Colts and the Spurs are the Patriots, and of course the Lakers are the Steelers.

I guess your analogy would make sense if the Colts had shit on the Steelers 84-3 in the playoffs during Bill Cowher's final game, causing his entire family in the crowd to cry like bitches, all while your fake tough guys got butthurt as fuck and just threw cheapshots at the smallest guy Indy has. Then i guess it makes sense.

baseline bum
05-12-2013, 03:45 PM

More like the Eagles the last couple of years tbh

BlackSwordsMan
05-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Cuba wrong about not resigning

Durant82
05-12-2013, 03:51 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/kobe_sad.gif

Clipper Nation
05-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Lakers were more like the Browns this year tbqh

BlackSwordsMan
05-12-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/kobe_sad.gif

whath appened ?

Thebesteva
05-12-2013, 05:18 PM
I guess your analogy would make sense if the Colts had shit on the Steelers 84-3 in the playoffs during Bill Cowher's final game, causing his entire family in the crowd to cry like bitches, all while your fake tough guys got butthurt as fuck and just threw cheapshots at the smallest guy Indy has. Then i guess it makes sense.

Settle down young fella, I'm talking bout the history of the game. Do u even lift?

Jacob1983
05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
http://boomicon.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/NBA-2011-Champions-Dallas-Mavs-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

And crazy drunk/high DeShawn Stevenson aka the Lecrab stopper

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/deshawn-stevenson-shirt2.jpg

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 10:37 PM
One of the most amazing runs I've ever witnessed tbh. :tu

Venti Quattro
05-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Dirk went God Mode on everyone

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Thank Pop/Grizzlies for that

KaiRMD1
05-12-2013, 11:06 PM

:lol Pot talking about the Kettle

LkrFan
05-12-2013, 11:06 PM
...then this shit (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7335637/center-tyson-chandler-agrees-terms-new-york-knicks)happened. Then everthing went back to normal. Laker fans laughed as they knew that them Mav fags werre not winning shit ever again.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9dkwhoME2nQifDzE35WYze1LJkuT4E o8z5ZwCTeQoJ-4khsJoY7vL7kM

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Thank Pop/Grizzlies for that

Nah B, Dirk would've tapped the Spurs' ass that year. No one could've stopped him plain and simple.

irishock
05-12-2013, 11:09 PM
That 2011 Spurs team had Richard Jefferson so no they wouldn't have stopped the Mavs

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Nah B, Dirk would've tapped the Spurs' ass that year. No one could've stopped him plain and simple.
:lolCome on son, u gotta be smarter than that.
Spurs wouldn't need stop Dirk, the Mavs was the team that couldn't stop any of the Spurs big 3.

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:15 PM
:lolCome on son, u gotta be smarter than that.
Spurs wouldn't need stop Dirk, the Mavs was the team that couldn't stop any of the Spurs big 3.

Thinking that Spurs team with Dick Jeff, 1 armed Manu, injured TP and TD, old Dice will beat that team. :lol

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Thinking that Spurs team with Dick Jeff, 1 armed Manu, injured TP and TD, old Dice will beat that team. :lol
Until game 82 the Spurs had a health big 3...That's why i said "Pop/Grizzlies".

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Until game 82 the Spurs had a health big 3...That's why i said "Pop/Grizzlies".

How can you thank Pop and the Grizzlies? :lol Manu had a freak injury against the Suns though Pop can be blamed for playing Manu, again I said freak injury so it can happen anytime anywhere. The Grizzlies just picked apart the team team they were supposed to pick apart.

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
How can you thank Pop and the Grizzlies? :lol Manu had a freak injury against the Suns though Pop can be blamed for playing Manu, again I said freak injury so it can happen anytime anywhere. The Grizzlies just picked apart the team team they were supposed to pick apart.
Pop played his starters in the last game of the season(we already had the #1 seed locked) and would be the first time since 2007 that we would start the playoffs health.
We had everything to lose and nothing to gain. Why take risks?

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Pop played his starters in the last game of the season(we already had the #1 seed locked) and would be the first time since 2007 that we would start the playoffs health.
We had everything to lose and nothing to gain. Why take risks?

That's why I said you can blame Pop but like I said, again (:lol) it was a freak injury. It could've happened to anyone. I sure hoped it happened to Dick Jeff.

Well let's not get away from the topic, Dirk and the Mavs was the best team that year.

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:50 PM
That's why I said you can blame Pop but like I said, again (:lol) it was a freak injury. It could've happened to anyone. I sure hoped it happened to Dick Jeff.

Well let's not get away from the topic, Dirk and the Mavs was the best team that year.
Spurs would beat them tbh, we were the only playoff team(GSW also could with Curry/Ellis) that could expose Terry D/Kidd lack of mobility, and we also had post scoring/Matrix D would be a non factor/their zone D never worked on us.

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Spurs would beat them tbh, we were the only playoff team(GSW also could with Curry/Ellis) that could expose Terry D/Kidd lack of mobility, and we also had post scoring/Matrix D would be a non factor/their zone D never worked on us.

To each his own tbh. I don't have time to prove to you Mavs was the best that year brah. :toast

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:55 PM
To each his own tbh. I don't have time to prove to you Mavs was the best that year brah. :toast
I know, thanks to Pop/Grizzlies:toast

FkLA
05-13-2013, 01:06 PM
overrated ass team tbh

just caught lightning in a bottle and got hot at the right time imo

Phillip
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
lol overrated
lol won 57 games despite dirk and chandler being injured for a stretch, along with butler being out for most of the season

even despite the dirk/chandler injuries, if Butler remained healthy and the chemistry didn't get ruined by trying to force Roddy into the rotation prematurely, they win over 60 games that year. before all the injuries hit and the chemistry got ruined, the Mavs were running away with the best record in the league, and many analysts felt Dirk was en route to win his second MVP.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
IMO Butler getting injured made the run they went on possible. If he was in the lineup holding the ball and jab stepping until the shot clock ran out they wouldn't have had the great ball movement and chemistry on offense.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
IMO Butler getting injured made the run they went on possible. If he was in the lineup holding the ball and jab stepping until the shot clock ran out they wouldn't have had the great ball movement and chemistry on offense.
Not to mention his retarded habit of passing up reasonably open threes in favor of the ugliest possible contested long twos....

Phillip
05-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Not sure about that. They were 24-5 before all the injuries hit, and Butler was playing very efficiently to that point. The prior season, he had a bad habit of doing those things, but that season, he was doing a much better job of either catch-and-shooting, or slashing, and doing less isolation offense. He seemed at that point to have found his role, and was playing it incredibly well, and was a huge reason for the Mavs great chemistry they had early in the season. His defense was quite solid too. He did a great job of defending Lebron/Wade in their two games against Miami in the season.

FkLA
05-13-2013, 01:30 PM
overrated

other than diggler who was a badass everyone got lucky went on fluky shooting streaks, not to mention the heatles were better...took a king chokejob for them to win it all.

Phillip
05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
overrated

other than diggler who was a badass everyone got lucky went on fluky shooting streaks, not to mention the heatles were better...took a king chokejob for them to win it all.

fluky shooting streaks?

thats news to me, considering everyones % stayed in the range of their season average. the only noticable increase was Terry hitting 3s at a higher percentage and im sure most of that increase game from game 4 against the Lakers where he caught fire and went 9/10 from 3. most everyone pretty much played the same they played all season, statistically speaking.

DeadlyDynasty
05-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Brunodf is one of the dumbest gnsf's in NBA Forum history

Clipper Nation
05-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Spurs would beat them tbh

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NOBODY was beating the Mavs that year, son, come on now :lol

FkLA
05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
idgaf about reg season percentages, bonner shoots 50%

a greatly example is predrag, a known choker

Brunodf
05-13-2013, 02:10 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NOBODY was beating the Mavs that year, son, come on now :lol
The Spurs could expose their weakness .
That team was great but it's all about matchups.

mudyez
05-13-2013, 02:39 PM
props to dirk and the digglers

Leon Black
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
The op has a one inch pecker

Brazil
05-13-2013, 04:17 PM
there was nothing flukish on that run, that was a great PO performance tbh

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
And they quit.

Phillip
05-13-2013, 04:41 PM
idgaf about reg season percentages, bonner shoots 50%

a greatly example is predrag, a known choker

interesting, considering Peja's career playoff averages are 42% from the field and 37% from three. In that playoff run? he shot 41% from the field and 37% from 3. Yep, sounds like a fluky shooting streak to me. Let's look at some more.

Playoff career averages

Kidd - 39.1%/32.2%
Terry - 44.8%/39.7%
Marion - 46%/32.7%
Barea - 42.6%/34.6%
Stevenson - 32.7%/35.3%

2011 Playoff Run Averages

Kidd - 39.8%/37.4%
Terry - 47.8%/44.2%
Marion - 46.7%/0%
Barea - 419.9%/32%
Stevenson - 34.9%/39.7%

The only one of these guys who had a noticeable elevation of his stats here, is Jason Terry. But even then, its not by an astronomical margin, like you are making it out to be. Less than 5% increase in each category. And keep in mind, many of his looks were unusually wide open, thanks in large part to Dirk drawing so much defensive attention. But it is certainly far from a fluky shooting streak, considering he has had multiple playoff runs where he shot over 44% from 3.

As well as the role players performed, they were by no means playing way outside of their minds throughout the run. Different circumstances helped different players at different times step up when they were needed. Dirk was the main workhorse, and everyone else played off of him perfectly.

Also, Carlisle did a great job of recognizing when adjustments needed to be made, and did so very quickly. That is probably the most underrated part of their playoff run, was the masterful job Carlisle did. He probably doesn't get nearly enough credit for the adjustments he constantly made. They had so many comebacks in that run, and most of them were sparked by Rick's adjustments.

DMC
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
That was the most well deserved championship of the decade at the time.

DMC
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
interesting, considering Peja's career playoff averages are 42% from the field and 37% from three. In that playoff run? he shot 41% from the field and 37% from 3. Yep, sounds like a fluky shooting streak to me. Let's look at some more.

Playoff career averages

Kidd - 39.1%/32.2%
Terry - 44.8%/39.7%
Marion - 46%/32.7%
Barea - 42.6%/34.6%
Stevenson - 32.7%/35.3%

2011 Playoff Run Averages

Kidd - 39.8%/37.4%
Terry - 47.8%/44.2%
Marion - 46.7%/0%
Barea - 419.9%/32%
Stevenson - 34.9%/39.7%

The only one of these guys who had a noticeable elevation of his stats here, is Jason Terry. But even then, its not by an astronomical margin, like you are making it out to be. Less than 5% increase in each category. And keep in mind, many of his looks were unusually wide open, thanks in large part to Dirk drawing so much defensive attention. But it is certainly far from a fluky shooting streak, considering he has had multiple playoff runs where he shot over 44% from 3.

As well as the role players performed, they were by no means playing way outside of their minds throughout the run. Different circumstances helped different players at different times step up when they were needed. Dirk was the main workhorse, and everyone else played off of him perfectly.

Also, Carlisle did a great job of recognizing when adjustments needed to be made, and did so very quickly. That is probably the most underrated part of their playoff run, was the masterful job Carlisle did. He probably doesn't get nearly enough credit for the adjustments he constantly made. They had so many comebacks in that run, and most of them were sparked by Rick's adjustments.

Goddamn Barea with the over the top percentage imo.