PDA

View Full Version : Not once, but TWICE

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:12 PM
There were out of bounds plays that were pretty clearly Spurs ball that were called for the Warriors. Both times they should have gone to look at the replay, since they did exactly that for the ball that was off Kawhi's hand in either game 1 or game 2. Pop even asked for the second one. What. The. Fuck.

urunobili
05-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Spurs about to lose to Jack and Barnes

05-12-2013, 05:23 PM
this is supposed to be a championship team. it shouldn't come down to a missed call. they're playing terrible in OT right now.

Spurs9
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Now these bitches are viewing replays?

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
A lesson in hitting your fucking free throws, because the refs will absolutely steal the game from you if you let them.

PS: Didn't the same ref call the non-carry on Leonard, called the non-out-of-bounds-screen on Leonard, called the nothing foul on Leonard at the beginning of overtime, AND called (from across the other side of the floor) the clear charge where Gary Neal got thrown to the floor?

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:27 PM
this is supposed to be a championship team. it shouldn't come down to a missed call. they're playing terrible in OT right now.

The refs seem to be going to replay only when the call potentially benefits the Warriors. That doesn't bother you?

tuncaboylu
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Refs were terrible tonight.

Poolboy5623
05-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I thought it was fitting to go to the monitor, once the warriors are up 9..game should have never went to ot..

dbreiden83080
The refs seem to be going to replay only when the call potentially benefits the Warriors. That doesn't bother you?

How much time was left on the Bogut play? I think they can only look with 2 min and under..

mercos
Spurs played terrible and didn't deserve the win, but not reviewing those two out of bounds plays late in the fourth is unacceptable. The NBA is going to have to allow coaches challenges if the refs won't even look at it.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM
How much time was left on the Bogut play? I think they can only look with 2 min and under..

16 seconds?

FlAVaK
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Go check the rulebook!

First play was not within the last 2 minutes.
Second wasn`t called out of bounds.

Only out of bounds calls within the last to minutes can be reviewed...

Whisky Dog
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Lol 16 seconds. Would have given the Spurs the last shot they rightfully deserved.

OV, just another obvious instance that shows the refs will fuck over the teams Stern wants to lose. Spurs don't have margin for error, they have to make shots and win the game handily before they get in a position for the refs to screw them.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
16 seconds?

The league may say they fucked up tomorrow not that it helps the Spurs. When the refs are sure of the call they never seem to go to the replay just because a coach asks for it.. They should have looked obviously..

Chomag
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Here we go blame everything under the Sun. Spurs got beat, and it's on them.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Go check the rulebook!

That's it.. They called a TO for GS not an out of bounds play..

So there was nothing to review..

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Yep.

Darius McCrary
05-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I blame the overall pathetic game the spurs played undoubtedly more than the refs botched calls.

sananspursfan21
05-12-2013, 05:41 PM
spurs shouldn't have had to rely on small calls like that... refs can control outcomes of close games but if the spurs didn't keep it close, wouldn't have had to worry about it

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Go check the rulebook!

I'm pretty sure the first play was inside 2 minutes, but can't tell, because nobody bothered to credit Duncan with the block so I can't find it in the game log.

Bogut was out of bounds. It's perfectly within the rules for them to check whether or not Bogut was out of bounds, and how much time was on the clock when he was.

TrainOfThought5
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM

STOP FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT THE REFS WHEN YOU SHOOT <40% FG, <30% 3pt, and miss ELEVEN FREE THROWS???!! ARE U KIDDING ME?? STFU AND ACCEPT THE LOSS.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
spurs shouldn't have had to rely on small calls like that... refs can control outcomes of close games but if the spurs didn't keep it close, wouldn't have had to worry about it
The Spurs played badly enough that they needed a basket in the last 16 seconds to win, and that sucks, but they're on the road, and they were entitled to the opportunity. Instead the ball went to the Warriors. It's a huge call. If you guys are going to blame Manu for fouling Dirk, then you have to blame the refs for this one.

romain.star
05-12-2013, 05:45 PM

The Spurs shot 35,5% FG, 25,9% 3PFG and 56% FT.

This is terrible and has nothing to do with the refs

sananspursfan21
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
The Spurs played badly enough that they needed a basket in the last 16 seconds to win, and that sucks, but they're on the road, and they were entitled to the opportunity. Instead the ball went to the Warriors. It's a huge call. If you guys are going to blame Manu for fouling Dirk, then you have to blame the refs for this one.

true... but i felt like in this game more than others, it shouldn't have come down to a couple regulation possesions. when they were up 10, if they were playing to capability or atleast close to, they would've had their foot on their throat and taken them out of the game. just a frustrating game because the warriors looked deflated in the first half

romain.star
05-12-2013, 05:48 PM
STOP FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT THE REFS WHEN YOU SHOOT <40% FG, <30% 3pt, and miss ELEVEN FREE THROWS???!! ARE U KIDDING ME?? STFU AND ACCEPT THE LOSS.

This Ref bitching has to be the most popular Spurs fans hobby

Sobe_Kucks
05-12-2013, 05:50 PM
The Spurs shot 35,5% FG, 25,9% 3PFG and 56% FT.

This is terrible and has nothing to do with the refs
Yup... One more made FT and we win the game. One actual stop by Neal and we win the game, no OT. Should have never been that close at halftime with all their bigs in foul trouble and GS TO's.

polandprzem
I blame refs for not being refs.

Can you believe they do have schools and camps to be better refs?

I mean in every game there is they are inconsistent as foooook. Once they call touching foul and the other time a hard foul is not being whistled.
Shame! And then they can interpret how they want it and find rules for it.

Obstructed_View
true... but i felt like in this game more than others, it shouldn't have come down to a couple regulation possesions. when they were up 10, if they were playing to capability or atleast close to, they would've had their foot on their throat and taken them out of the game. just a frustrating game because the warriors looked deflated in the first half
Absolutely. Spurs beat themselves with stupidness. Turnovers, not grabbing rebounds, free throws, jumpshots, Gary Neal. Leonard has just been bad. None of those things makes what I said any less true, however.

tmtcsc
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Wtf is up with the ref bashing. The Spurs were awful today.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure the first play was inside 2 minutes, but can't tell, because nobody bothered to credit Duncan with the block so I can't find it in the game log.

Bogut was out of bounds. It's perfectly within the rules for them to check whether or not Bogut was out of bounds, and how much time was on the clock when he was.

Out of bounds was not the call.. TO GS was the call. There are all sorts of stupid rules as to what is reviewable and what is not..

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Out of bounds was not the call.. TO GS was the call. There are all sorts of stupid rules as to what is reviewable and what is not..

I'm aware of what the call was. Are you telling me that the NBA rulebook says that they can only check an out of bounds call if it was called out of bounds on the floor? There's an elasticity rule that gives the refs the latitude to do whatever they can to make sure the game is fair, even if it's not in the rulebook.

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
They at least need to get possession calls correct. There's no need to make mistakes on those.

tuncaboylu
05-12-2013, 06:02 PM

We may play good or we may play bad, it's irrelevant. But the refs fucked us. What should I do now? Should I shut up and accept loss because we missed 11 free throws? But what about the our balls given to GSW while it was 82-78 and 84-84? Who will talk about them?

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
There were out of bounds plays that were pretty clearly Spurs ball that were called for the Warriors. Both times they should have gone to look at the replay, since they did exactly that for the ball that was off Kawhi's hand in either game 1 or game 2. Pop even asked for the second one. What. The. Fuck.

Yep, that's the reason they lost, not piss poor shot selection and late game execution, missed free throws and the inability to get defensive stops. The Spurs got plenty of calls early and often and didn't take advantage of the opportunities. GS is middle of the road defensively and the Spurs continue to shoot pathetic from the field. It's almost criminal to blame the refs for blowing a couple of calls because it had litle impact on the outcome of the game.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm aware of what the call was. Are you telling me that the NBA rulebook says that they can only check an out of bounds call if it was called out of bounds on the floor? There's an elasticity rule that gives the refs the latitude to do whatever they can to make sure the game is fair, even if it's not in the rulebook.

If they made a mistake the league may release a statement tomorrow but it is certainly possible they can't look at it unless they call out of bounds and are checking and by calling a TO they can't look. The rulebook rarely makes sense.. Or they were just sure of the call and didn't want to look.. Either way that is not why we lost the game..

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I didn't read the first page of this thread.

So you don't think the refs should bother getting those calls correct because the Spurs didn't hit their free throws?

TrainOfThought5
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Yep, that's the reason they lost, not piss poor shot selection and late game execution, missed free throws and the inability to get defensive stops. The Spurs got plenty of calls early and often and didn't take advantage of the opportunities. GS is middle of the road defensively and the Spurs continue to shoot pathetic from the field. It's almost criminal to blame the refs for blowing a couple of calls because it had litle impact on the outcome of the game.

Great teams never let the game be so close to let the refs decide it when they have to opportunity to dominate. we had plenty of chances to put this team AWAY. and we didnt. its that simple.

Chomag
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Refs Gave the Spurs 11 chances to score, but they failed them all. So...

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Either way that is not why we lost the game..

Agreed with everything but this. So do you think the refs decided that the Spurs didn't hit their free throws, so it wasn't worth checking replay? I've acknowledged the things the Spurs did wrong, but it's not on the referees to decide who deserves to win the game.

BatManu20
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Blaming this loss on that call is bush. We should've blown these guys out in the first half. Or not had the worst 3rd qtr in the playoffs of any team this year. Or missed 11 FT;s. Or given up almost 20 O-rebounds. Spurs made their bed, now they get to lay in it.

Magua
05-12-2013, 06:12 PM
:cry

Spurs 4 The Win
05-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Refs hurt us badly but we let it get to that point and we lost it in ot

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
So you don't think the refs should bother getting those calls correct because the Spurs didn't hit their free throws?

No I didn't read the first page. I just read your post and I'm giving you a big who cares. Spurs had opportunities to put them away early and often and couldn't seal the deal. Nobody said life was fair and you could point to any game in this series or any series for that matter and see a bunch of blown calls. I'm over it and if you want to get real trivial, you might wonder what was going through Ginobili's mind when he took a quick three point shot with 10 seconds left on the shot clock, 16 on the game clock, instead of driving the lane and trying to draw a foul. Some awful late game execution, shot selection and yes, missed free throws cost them the game.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
No I didn't read the first page. I just read your post and I'm giving you a big who cares.

There are twenty other threads where we talk about the shit the Spurs did wrong. This one concerns those two specific situations. If you don't want to talk about them, then maybe you're in the wrong thread, postwhore.

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Agreed with everything but this. So do you think the refs decided that the Spurs didn't hit their free throws, so it wasn't worth checking replay? I've acknowledged the things the Spurs did wrong, but it's not on the referees to decide who deserves to win the game.

The refs didn't make that decision, the Spurs did.

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
There are twenty other threads where we talk about the shit the Spurs did wrong. This one concerns those two specific situations. If you don't want to talk about them, then maybe you're in the wrong thread, postwhore.
A postwhore is someone who posts about nothing to pad his post count. I still can't understand why this thread was started in the first place. Would you have made this thread if the Spurs had won? We both know the answer to this one.

TheGoldStandard
05-12-2013, 06:33 PM
The Spurs lost the game but the Refs were inconsistent in the second half. The biggest problem is lack of rebounding, missed FTs and easy put backs, missed 3's from anyone not named Manu and the biggest one of all GOING SMALL. We played into GS hands in the 2nd half by going small. We had flurries but we couldn't rebound for crap and get put backs. We had them in foul trouble in the 1st half but didn't exploit it.

jimbo
05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
":cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry "

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:42 PM
A postwhore is someone who posts about nothing to pad his post count.
Or someone who posts in a thread repeatedly, while admitting to not reading the posts, while claiming to have no interest in the topic.

Would you have made this thread if the Spurs had won?

Of course I would. If the Spurs had been up by two at the time, they'd have won, and the refs would have given them a chance to tie or take the lead after refusing Pop's request to look at the replay. It's a perfectly valid topic for discussion, and I'm unsure why you're unable to separate the Spurs' poor play from the decision by the crew not to review two out of bounds plays.

baseline bum
05-12-2013, 06:56 PM
this is supposed to be a championship team.

:lol what?

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Or someone who posts in a thread repeatedly, while admitting to not reading the posts, while claiming to have no interest in the topic.

Of course I would. If the Spurs had been up by two at the time, they'd have won, and the refs would have given them a chance to tie or take the lead after refusing Pop's request to look at the replay. It's a perfectly valid topic for discussion, and I'm unsure why you're unable to separate the Spurs' poor play from the decision by the crew not to review two out of bounds plays.

I'm not the one with 33,000 posts and I'm answering your replies. In any event, regarding Pop's request, not many Spurs were seen arguing the call and the time to argue is immediately, not after the timeout is ending and ABC shows a bunch of replays the refs most likely didn't even see. It's a judgement call and the refs didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay. I don't know too many refs that would go back and review that call after that much time had elapsed.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm not the one with 33,000 posts and I'm answering your replies. In any event, regarding Pop's request, not many Spurs were seen arguing the call and the time to argue is immediately, not after the timeout is ending and ABC shows a bunch of replays the refs most likely didn't even see. It's a judgement call and the refs didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay. I don't know too many refs that would go back and review that call after that much time had elapsed.

The fact that you continue to post doesn't mean you're answering the question that's been asked of you. "In any event" means you immediately changed the subject AGAIN. Maybe the reason I have so many posts is because people like you won't answer the fucking question. :lol

BTW, Pop was asking the refs immediately to review the Bogut call. Tirico even mentioned it on the broadcast at the time. I've said repeatedly that the Spurs made their own bed when they didn't do the things they needed to do. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think the refs don't have to try to get those out of bounds calls correct.

EDIT: 33,000? wow.

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
The need to get the out of bounds calls correct

As for the rest of the calls, I was glad to see they were calling GS on those screens

Kidd K
05-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I completely agree. The first one was VERY obviously out on Golden State. Duncan was begging the ref to go to the tape and he basically said "fuck you, it's their ball". Honestly, that play was HUGE and was a massive swing in momentum. Had we got that ball, I seriously doubt the game goes to OT. Instead of them scoring on that play, another 30-40 seconds would've been drained off the clock and it would've been a 4-7 point game instead of a 2 point game.

Then later, it goes off them yet again, and the refs refuse to go to the tape. The only time they actually did go to the tape when asked was in OT when we were already down 9 and it didn't matter anymore.

I honestly hope the Spurs' front office files an official complaint for the refs blatantly blowing two reviewable calls late in the game. I know it won't change anything, but replay was added into the game for a reason. I think this is a big example as to why NBA coaches need "challenges". Even if it's just two for the entire game and only in the playoffs, they need them. Refs should not be able to refuse going to the tape late in a playoff game.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
As for the rest of the calls, I was glad to see they were calling GS on those screens
Shocking, actually. Bogut just played lazy stupid defense. It's a miracle he didn't foul out.

Poolboy5623
05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
If the spurs fail to win this series, this game will go down as another, ".4"...or "and one on Dirk"...what shall we call it?

Hoops Czar
05-12-2013, 07:53 PM
The fact that you continue to post doesn't mean you're answering the question that's been asked of you. "In any event" means you immediately changed the subject AGAIN. Maybe the reason I have so many posts is because people like you won't answer the fucking question. :lol

BTW, Pop was asking the refs immediately to review the Bogut call. Tirico even mentioned it on the broadcast at the time. I've said repeatedly that the Spurs made their own bed when they didn't do the things they needed to do. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think the refs don't have to try to get those out of bounds calls correct?.

I think I confused you by answering both your replies within the same paragragh. My bad. I did answer the question. Pop was seen arguing the Call AFTER ABC showed a bunch of replays and Pop didn't put up much of a fight arguing for a replay and rightfully so. Pop couldn't see Bogut's feet and the ball from the sidelines amidst all the bodies battling in the paint and the Spurs player didn't argue the call. Refs are human too and they make bad calls from time to time so cry me a river. The Spurs lost this game all on their own, not because the refs blew a couple of calls. I'm not playing the"what if" game because had those plays been reversed, there's no guarantee the Spurs were going to make a FG since nobody could throw it in the ocean. In a perfect world, you want the refs to get the calls right especially if they're reviewable, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
There's no "what if" game here. I'm asking straight out if you think the refs need to get those calls correct when it matters, and you STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED IT. The Spurs played badly, but the fact remains that they played well enough to give themselves the last shot of a tie game on the road, and it was denied them. No "what if" they made it. They didn't get the ball. Tell me if you think that's okay.

BTW, a little tip about how television works: Showing Pop asking the refs to check replay after the commercial is videotape. Pop asked at the time. ABC showed it later. The Spurs didn't lose to Golden State again in the middle of the night. It was the same game showed again.

RD2191
05-13-2013, 05:15 PM
The Spurs got royally shafted last night. They should of taken the last shot in last nights game. It happened in the regular season in GS too. Same exact scenario and everything.

superbigtime
05-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Refs are going to be biased against the Spurs ALWAYS. Especially against a young, fun, darling squad on the team in the most populous state, and the only playoff team left in an entire time zone, ... at home on top of that! You kiddin me? Spurs gotta built up a 20 point cushion against that hot shootin opposing team, against the ref agenda, and against the coach's brilliant 'strategy.' No lead is safe.

Poolboy5623
05-13-2013, 07:55 PM
What sucks most, is there was a breakage in play...wether it was a timeout, or whatever. So there was PLENTY of time to take a look and they simply said, "fuck it." I'm confused...had that happened against Miami or any of Sterns other darlings, it'd still be top story on espn, and would be the talk of the playoffs. Sad but true.

HI-FI
05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
not sure if this was mentioned, but remember how Danny Green was going for the ball on the ground, and Bogut just grabbed him and ripped him off, right in front of the ref no less. no call. similar to last year in the WCF, when Westbrook intentionally nailed Kawhi in the head, in front of the ref again, lost control of the ball and OKC regained a critical possession. I thought hitting someone in the head was a flagrant.

conspiracy or not, refs in the NBA are a fucking joke. i mean, how many old farts are still reffing in this league, keeping up with some of the best athletes in the world? it's like keystone cops.

moral of the story, do everything as well as you can because I don't trust the refs to call it fair. unfortunately the Spurs screwed up so much last night that we couldn't rely on objectively correct calls to help out.