PDA

View Full Version : Where it all went wrong

Richie
05-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Neal on Jack down the stretch. Scored 3 consecutive baskets.

Going to Timmy against Bogut in the post. This is a bad matchup for us.

That's what got GS back into the game down the stretch in the 4th.

hater
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
IMO it's more tired legs than anything. Too quick a turnaround, early away game, etc.

Duncan was done, Pop overplayed him but is understandable, he was amazing on D. Parker is hurt. Manu had no legs. Kawhi choked.

IMO game 5 is the game that will decide the series. Still got SPurs in 6 as I predicted before this series started. :tu

ElNono
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Don't get the infatuation with Neal over Joseph when we have a lead... Props to Jack though

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
It all went wrong early in the 4th. To start the 4th, Spurs finally attacked and Splitter and Leonard dominated the paint on offense. Then Pop takes out Splitter and puts in Neal. First play Neal gives up a 3 point play and all momentum gained was lost. Neal and Pop lost this game. Neal should never see the floor again.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:33 PM
IMO it's more tired legs than anything. Too quick a turnaround, early away game, etc.

Duncan was done, Pop overplayed him but is understandable, he was amazing on D. Parker is hurt. Manu had no legs. Kawhi choked.

IMO game 5 is the game that will decide the series. Still got SPurs in 6 as I predicted before this series started. :tu

Wow, you so obviously didn't watch the game. Gary Neal created mismatches in the Warrriors' favor on both ends, and he got extended minutes from Pop. The game went to overtime, you know.

hater
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Wow, you so obviously didn't watch the game. Gary Neal created mismatches in the Warrriors' favor on both ends, and he got extended minutes from Pop. The game went to overtime, you know.

you obviously did not watch Duncan dragging himself and barely having energy to shoot up the bricks in the 4th.

Spurs were tired. Watch the post game conferences and you will hear all of them say they got tired.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Neal needs to ride the pine!

Creation88
it all went wrong in the 1st quarter. pathetic fucking basketball. Warriors shoot like shit, get their big men in early foul trouble, and we start shooting jumpers. what fucking shit show. if we drop this series it was done in this game. you cannot give away games like that.

Spurminator
It went wrong when we gave up 48 offensive rebounds and missed half of our free throws. That's it.

SpursRock20
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
It all went wrong when Pop inexplicably put Duncan in the game with 10 minutes remaining in the fourth. Terrible coaching decision.

Arc
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
It all went wrong early in the 4th. To start the 4th, Spurs finally attacked and Splitter and Leonard dominated the paint on offense. Then Pop takes out Splitter and puts in Neal. First play Neal gives up a 3 point play and all momentum gained was lost. Neal and Pop lost this game. Neal should never see the floor again.

yep, the pick and roll with splitter was murdering them. mark jackson made a sub, pop panicked and that's when our offense died. pop lost the game. neal is what he is, it's not his fault he's being thrown in there to guard people he's not capable of guarding.

$pursDynasty
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Not having a better option for Barnes than Neal was fatal as well.

Whisky Dog
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Why does every other team get two days between a game 4 games into the series but the Spurs don't? I'm got damn sick of the NBA bullshit. No excuse, should always be 2 days between games 2-3 and then 2 days between games 6-7. It should be law for every series.

Richie
05-12-2013, 05:39 PM
yep, the pick and roll with splitter was murdering them. mark jackson made a sub, pop panicked and that's when our offense died. pop lost the game. neal is what he is, it's not his fault he's being thrown in there to guard people he's not capable of guarding.

Agree with this, Neal is what he is. Can't complain when he gives up buckets to Jarrett Jack, we all know he is a bad defender. It's on Pop for asking him to do things he isn't good at.

hooperflash
Neal on the floorPERIOD

boutons_deux
the winner of game 5 in a tied series wins the series something like 85%

m33p0
05-12-2013, 05:40 PM
11 missed free throws.

GrandeDavid
05-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Utterly devastating loss. GS did everything imaginable to give the Spurs this game.

SouthernFried
05-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I dunno, seemed pretty obvious where it all went wrong.

Spurs were tired. Missing free throws and shots is a result of having no legs or energy. They just had nothing in them tonight. Not sure why Pop kept 'em in, it was obvious since the last half of the 4th quarter. Why keep 'em in and risk injuries...get some people in there with fresh legs.

This is what happens when your Superstars get old...you have to rest them, or risk them having nothing at end of game.

afireinside20
05-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Sloppy and inconsistent shooting throughout the game. Plus nobody could seem to make a free throw or grab a rebound. Despite all this, we still led through most of the game,. The Spurs just gave it away. We had it. Come Game 5, we should be rejuvenated by the fans and ready to play.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I've never been so pissed at Pop as I am right now. Ignore what Marc Jackson does, do what works! Spurs attacked and got the bigs in foul trouble in the first half, and the retarded Spurs settled for jumpshots the entire second half outside of the brief period in the beginning of the 4th when the Spurs ran the pick & roll. Absolutely horrible, Spurs were ice cold, what stupid thought went through their mind that made thing think settling for jumpshots was how they would win this game?!

hater
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I dunno, seemed pretty obvious where it all went wrong.

Spurs were tired. Missing free throws and shots is a result of having no legs or energy. They just had nothing in them tonight. Not sure why Pop kept 'em in, it was obvious since the last half of the 4th quarter. Why keep 'em in and risk injuries...get some people in there with fresh legs.

This is what happens when your Superstars get old...you have to rest them, or risk them having nothing at end of game.

exactly as I saw it. But thing is Duncan + Co were doing a monster job on D that's why Pop couldn't take them out.

I would have given Duncan a couple minutes breather and inserted Splitter. IMO

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Neal on Jack down the stretch. Scored 3 consecutive baskets.

Going to Timmy against Bogut in the post. This is a bad matchup for us.

That's what got GS back into the game down the stretch in the 4th.

Yep. That and the refs giving the ball to GS

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 05:47 PM
exactly as I saw it. But thing is Duncan + Co were doing a monster job on D that's why Pop couldn't take them out.

I would have given Duncan a couple minutes breather and inserted Splitter. IMO

They were tired, no doubt, but that game should never have gone to OT. Gary Neal's defense is putrid, but that should come as no surprise to anyone who watches this team.

biziofromdowntown
05-12-2013, 05:50 PM
I really can't understand what happend with Splitter. We saw Pop torching his ass when made him riding he pine and never put in again; instead we saw Neal fu**g up all our momentum.

biskvito
05-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Splitter can't get a break from Pop, it's either perfection or pine.

crc21209
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Missed FT's and putting Neal on Jack in the late 4th qtr. That move right there allowed Jack to score something like 6 or 8 straight points. Should've put Tony or Manu on him. Epic fail move..:td

RD2191
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Cant blame pop, he is doing all he can with the fukin scrubs on the roster.

Creation88
05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I've never been so pissed at Pop as I am right now. Ignore what Marc Jackson does, do what works! Spurs attacked and got the bigs in foul trouble in the first half, and the retarded Spurs settled for jumpshots the entire second half outside of the brief period in the beginning of the 4th when the Spurs ran the pick & roll. Absolutely horrible, Spurs were ice cold, what stupid thought went through their mind that made thing think settling for jumpshots was how they would win this game?!

QFT what a fucking retarded game plan. fucking stupid.

SouthernFried
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
They were tired, nothing more...nothing less. It happens, especially to older guys.

Pop coulda handled that better, but as stated...they WERE doing a good job on D. You just can't hit shots when your legs are gone.

Catch 22

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
They were tired, nothing more...nothing less. It happens, especially to older guys.

Pop coulda handled that better, but as stated...they WERE doing a good job on D. You just can't hit shots when your legs are gone.

Catch 22

Those tired dudes were winning

jjktkk
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Those tired dudes were winning

Until they got tired.

still.focused
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM

Catch 22
Tiago aint tired and Neal was anything but good on D

SouthernFried
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Until they got tired.

Ayup. From the last half of the 4th quarter on, I thought it was pretty obvious. I saw it throughout the game, with the missed FT's and such...but, from the 4th quarter on, it was blatantly the problem.

Eh, it happens. Lets see how the old guys do in game 5 at home. :)

EricB
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
It went wrong when we gave up 48 offensive rebounds and missed half of our free throws. That's it.

Yup the rebounding has sucked in every game too.

SenorSpur
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
It went wrong because Pop got away from what was working along with inserting Gary "the matador" Neal into the game.

Sobe_Kucks
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
You know what might help with that "tired" thing? Keeping Tiago in longer in the 4th when the one was working. Also having CJ out there on Jack to get Parker's legs some rest. Diaw was scarcely seen as well. I've been raggin Neal hard but that in Pop not Neal. Neal doesn't have the lateral quicks to defend any of these smalls. It was Pop that left him in there.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
you obviously did not watch Duncan dragging himself and barely having energy to shoot up the bricks in the 4th.

Spurs were tired. Watch the post game conferences and you will hear all of them say they got tired.
I'm unsure how you fail to link Duncan being tired with Splitter not being on the floor with him. Duncan has to scramble when he's the only big in the lineup, especially if one of the defenders is being routinely torched, and he has to constantly help out, plus rotate back to defend the rim by himself.

Sobe_Kucks
05-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm unsure how you fail to link Duncan being tired with Splitter not being on the floor with him. Duncan has to scramble when he's the only big in the lineup, especially if one of the defenders is being routinely torched, and he has to constantly help out, plus rotate back to defend the rim by himself.
This...

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Yup the rebounding has sucked in every game too.

Your beloved small ball at work, tbh. "Just make more shots."

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Well if the Spurs are tired during game 4, what makes you think they won't be tired during game 5? This was a bigger loss than people realize. Sure Spurs still have homecourt advantage, but Warriors have the energy advantage, which is bigger.

bbarry
05-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Spurs go up 80-72. After the ensuing possession, and make by GS (Jack), it felt as if the Spurs turned it off because they seemed to have thought the game was over and they already sealed the win. They seemed to slow it down and get very lackadaisical. Did anyone sense the same thing as it was happening?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Your beloved small ball at work, tbh. "Just make more shots."

We may lose Splitter with Pop's crap. Why should Splitter stay in SA? His contract ends this year right?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Spurs go up 80-72. After the ensuing possession, and make by GS (Jack), it felt as if the Spurs turned it off because they seemed to have thought the game was over and they already sealed the win. They seemed to slow it down and get very lackadaisical. Did anyone sense the same thing as it was happening?

Gary Neal's defense is your answer.

hater

:rolleyes

Duncan was tired because he played for 15 minutes straight

it's not that hard tbh

silverblk mystix
05-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Pop getting rid of Jax was genius....

Pop benching Splitter for
a) making a mistake or
b) because Mark Jackson changes the lineup

was genius.

Pop playing Neal over Diaw and/or Splitter and/or Joseph was genius.

People hate the truth but I have been saying it forever.....

Can the Spurs win a title - IN SPITE OF POP????

Spurs need the genius coach lol.

Having said all that - Spurs should still win this series but they are making it a lot harder on themselves.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Why does Pop have such a short temper with some players yet let other players have thousands of second chances?

racm
05-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Should have traded the TOSBs and started to tank for Wiggins tbhNo one apart from Miami is winning it all anyway./blue

jbspurs
05-12-2013, 06:27 PM

This lost is on Pop! He abandoned the two bigs at a time when most their bigs are already in foul trouble. And just like you said, Pop pulled Splitter when was already getting his rhythm. :depressed

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
:rolleyes

Duncan was tired because he played for 15 minutes straight

it's not that hard tbh

You know who he subbed in for, right? Yeah, the guy who starts next to him who never came back into the game.

Budkin
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM

hater gets it. We're still taking this series I don't care what the wrist cutters think.

Budkin
05-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Well if the Spurs are tired during game 4, what makes you think they won't be tired during game 5? This was a bigger loss than people realize. Sure Spurs still have homecourt advantage, but Warriors have the energy advantage, which is bigger.

The Warriors are not winning again in SA. Period.

Spurs Brazil
05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
I didn't like the play calling in the end

Also too many boards and too many Js

But we'll be fine. I was very worried after the 1st 2 games but we played better D in games 3 and 4. We'll dominate game 5 and finish this thing in a close game 6

TJastal
05-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Well I guess Pop will just have to leave a red hot Splitter in the game longer next time, huh? Pop just can't resist giving his whippinv boy a verbal tirade over the most trivial of mistakes. Maybe in 3-4 years he'll have earned his stripes and have Bonner like status and cred.