PDA

View Full Version : Remember The Days

BatManu20
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
...when this team had that tough, veteran moxy? What the hell happened. I still think we're going to win the series in 6, but how disappointing is it to watch a team with this much veteran leadership and greatness just collapse on itself down the stretch in games like this. And Pop, who I almost NEVER question, deserves a big, fat F for this game. Absolutely terrible down the stretch of the 4th quarter. And now Timmy and Manu are gassed from this game..

Give Warriors credit for hanging in there , but they didn't even play well. We should've blown these guys out in the first, but let em hang around. Then we come out in the 2nd half and play the worst 3rd qtr I can remember.

Too many DUMB mistakes, way too many missed FT's (I think 12), and our role players continue to play poorly on the road in playoff games for whatever reason. That alone will cost you a series. Spurs are probably winning this one (but who knows with this team), but our ceiling is WCF tbh.

Side note*: Splitter, Neal, Bonner, and Green have been terrible this series... Even Kawhi's offense has been pretty crappy outside of put backs and lay ups. Green gets a pass from me just cause of his great D for the most part, but how do these guys continue to struggle so badly on the road? I don't get it. You can't rely on a 37 year old C and 36 year old SG to do all the work offensively.

When you're up like we were on a young team like this with a chance to go up 3-1 and essentially close the series, and you come out like that in the 3rd? And then choke it away down the stretch of the 4th? Not a championship team tbh. Oh well, love my Spurs til I die.

:flag:

Johnny RIngo
05-12-2013, 05:33 PM
We replaced good role players like Bowen, Horry, Barry with mental midgets like Neal, Bonner, and Splitter.

biziofromdowntown
05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
We r officially fucked up, i doubt we'r are able to escape from this serie too

Spursmania
We don't deserve to win this game. e gave it away on a silver platter. Fucking pathetic. What a lost opportunity.

biskvito
when you lose like this to the young talented GSW you teach them something... Spurs better hope they're not fast learners

phxspurfan
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
lol, we lost 1st games to the Nuggets I think twice, and the Sonics took us to 6 games with Jerome James. I think you're misremembering

Johnny RIngo
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Kings took us to six game with Bonzi Wells having the series of his life

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:45 PM
They're not really playing very hard. Not that Pop's helping. Splitter came out of a five game coma and got a seat on the bench for the rest of the game.

BatManu20
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Disappointed is the only word that comes to mind with this performance.

SouthernFried
05-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I remember the days...when I was 25 too.

Spurs Superstars are not 25 anymore. They had no legs at the end of this game. Missing Free throws and shots you normally make, is usually the end result. It was obvious halfway thru 4th quarter. Get some fresh legs in there.

I saw it, I bet you saw it too. Pop had to see it as well. These guys had nothing left.

m33p0
05-12-2013, 05:47 PM
used to be this team was known for execution.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
So the Spurs have to win two out of three against a jump shooting team that's too young and stupid to know that jump shooting teams can't win. Pop's sending out lineups that turn scrubs into superstars, everyone has confidence, and they're no longer wearing the other team down. Also, they can't rebound and are suddenly channeling the '99 Spurs at the line.

BatManu20
05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
used to be this team was known for execution.

The "too old" schtick might finally be catching up to us. Duncan and Manu can't log that many minutes anymore. They both looked gassed halfway through the 4th quarter.

But the problem is, as soon as they go out, our team really struggles. Especially the role players. This team just isn't good enough to win a championship unfortunately. Harsh reality.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Smallball makes everyone work twice as hard on defense. It wears young teams out. The 2006 team looked gassed.