PDA

View Full Version : Is me or does anybody else hate Mark Jackson?

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
He has a cocky attuide..like hes the shit...

Richie
05-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I don't know why I dislike him but I do. It's annoying because I really like this Warriors team.

Russ
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Mark Jackson is pure class from what I can see.

m33p0
05-12-2013, 05:57 PM
he's a first year head coach and whose team is doing remarkably well. why would you hate the guy?

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 05:57 PM
I am hating Pop right now

m33p0
05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I am hating Pop right now

+10:bang

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
He should ask God to convince his whale wife to start jogging, tbh..

timtonymanu
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Mark Jackson always was annoying, even back to his commentary days.

DarrinS
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
No, I like him

justinandimcool
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM
45 minutes ago ain't nobody out there thought anyone would hate Mark Jackson. But we're here right now, they don't see us right now, we got the grace of God on our side. We believe in ourselves, we can hate with the best of em.

hater
he's a black preacher that fucks prostitutes because he has a whale of a wife. there's not much lower scum in the earth IMO

Juggity
He's a god-whore on one hand. A fire-and-brimstone "motivator" coach like Doc Rivers on the other (read: his coaching skill consists of "WE SHOCKIN' PEOPLE. GOOD JOB. KEEP IT UP. YOU GUYS ARE WARRIORS").

Those are all good reasons to dislike him.

Mugen
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
he was a horrible announcer and he's clearly mugging for the cameras during every timeout. He was a career loser as a player and can't even draw up a simple out of bounds play.

Credit to him for getting them to play D but he'll eventually go the route of Avery when people realize hes a shitty coach with an obese wife tbh.

Blizzardwizard
05-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Trying to be Doc Rivers. Failing to be Doc Rivers.

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
:lmao

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
he's a first year head coach and whose team is doing remarkably well. why would you hate the guy?

Cause he agasint My team...you think?

BillMc
05-12-2013, 06:13 PM
The "God" stuff is getting a little much...

That and the "nobody expects us to be here" schtick he tells his guys every time out. Maybe it works, but the media has been in love with this team since the beginning of the Denver series. They're not that much of a shock anymore.

milkyway21
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
the Spurs were outrebounded, outplayed in the OT let's be graceful enough to accept defeat.

IF COACH JACKSON THINKS GOD WAS ON THEIR SIDE WELL, GOD WAS ON THE SAN ANTONIO'S SIDE WHEN THEY WON THOSE 4 TITLES TOO.

God cannot take both sides at the same time, right? :D

p.s.
those misses in the last 1 minute and 5 min extra time don't happen often to the Spurs, 6-minute drought? they shld be thankful to God

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
the Spurs were outrebounded, outplayed in the OT let's be graceful enough to accept defeat.

IF COACH JACKSON THINKS GOD WAS ON THEIR SIDE WELL, GOD WAS ON THE SAN ANTONIO'S SIDE WHEN THEY WON THOSE 4 TITLES TOO.

p.s.
those misses in the last 1 minute and 5 min extra time don't happen often to the Spurs, 6-minute drought? they shld be thankful to God
they actually do, the spurs have had a problem with droughts since last season

Russ
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgAvnvXF9U

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 06:26 PM

He should join her.. He is a good +20 since retirement..

therealtruth
05-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Pop's alot worse. His pressers are barely watchable. While most coaches would try to think of an intelligent response he gives the most bland and nonthinking responses.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2013, 12:48 AM
He was a horrible announcer to say the least, but I don't hate the guy lol. I hate Jarret Jack lol.

TE
05-13-2013, 12:52 AM
:lol

Sean Cagney
05-13-2013, 12:55 AM

p.s.
Yes they do, check the last month of the season, especially with under a minute left, the Spurs constantly blew winnable games and could not score down the stretch to save their damn lives, that trend seems to pick up and continue with today. They have been bad down the stretch for a while now except for game one of this series (LA series was a joke so I won't even go there). This is not new, they have been choking down the stretch since after the Rodeo Trip. This is a fact.

TampaDude
05-13-2013, 01:14 AM
I don't really hate Mark Jackson. I actually miss his "Jacksonisms" during games when he was an announcer. Those were kinda funny.

I don't hate the Warriors, either. If they weren't playing the Spurs, I'd be rooting for them. Steph and Klay are BALLERS!

exstatic
05-13-2013, 04:16 AM
Pop's alot worse. His pressers are barely watchable. While most coaches would try to think of an intelligent response he gives the most bland and nonthinking responses.

Giving an intelligent answer to a stupid question is impossible. The NBA media, as a group, has gotten incredibly bad in recent years. They ask a lot of "feeling" questions, and completely skip over the whole part about set plays and defensive rotations, mostly because none of them would know one if it bit them in the ass. If someone ever asked him about a pin down screen that freed Tim for a foul line extended jumper, Pop would probably fall all over himself with a 5 minute explanation of the play.

EricB
05-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Outside of exstatic this thread is an embarassment.

mudyez
05-13-2013, 04:45 AM
Not sure how much it could be a hidden rasicm thing.

If you are a white dude and see a black guy talking like a "black guy" you may feel a little offended. If its Mike Brown or Doc Rivers its ok, but all this halleluja motivation shit makes you think of a guy trying to sell you drugs at a corner. It's the same as comparing Tim Duncan/Durant with D-Wade/Westbrook.

Andy coloured guys hating him?

TJastal
05-13-2013, 05:54 AM
z
Giving an intelligent answer to a stupid question is impossible. The NBA media, as a group, has gotten incredibly bad in recent years. They ask a lot of "feeling" questions, and completely skip over the whole part about set plays and defensive rotations, mostly because none of them would know one if it bit them in the ass. If someone ever asked him about a pin down screen that freed Tim for a foul line extended jumper, Pop would probably fall all over himself with a 5 minute explanation of the play.

And pigs all around the world flew in unison and wore superman capes....

Rapper
05-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Dont hate him actually he is a good coach

milkyway21
05-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Yes they do, check the last month of the season, especially with under a minute left, the Spurs constantly blew winnable games and could not score down the stretch to save their damn lives, that trend seems to pick up and continue with today. They have been bad down the stretch for a while now except for game one of this series (LA series was a joke so I won't even go there). This is not new, they have been choking down the stretch since after the Rodeo Trip. This is a fact.

ah ok. but I meant in the postseason....even Green's 2FTs in OT missed both. that was a head-scratcher really

but thanks for pointing that out to me.

-21-
05-13-2013, 08:15 AM
I hate him too.

mudyez
05-13-2013, 08:24 AM
other than playing us in the playoffs, calling his team "gods team" (what does that make of the Spurs?) and acting like he should wear a big hat with a huge feather on it, there is nothing bad you could say about him.

he is an average coach which knows how to motivate younger players. he made them play better defense, than anyone thought they could. he pushed some buttons.

that said: if he would have coached, say the Lakers, he would have failed as much as D'Antoni did.

Trill Clinton
05-13-2013, 08:35 AM
i don't hate him, but i can't stand his high school motivational speeches he gives his players. it works for a young team but he's not going to last long with that watered down doc rivers style.

Spur|n|Austin
05-13-2013, 08:47 AM
The "God" stuff is getting a little much...

That and the "nobody expects us to be here" schtick he tells his guys every time out. Maybe it works, but the media has been in love with this team since the beginning of the Denver series. They're not that much of a shock anymore.

It's beyond a little much now, it's flat out annoying.

Fireball
05-13-2013, 08:48 AM
No, I like him ... he really has a way of motivating his players ... he firmly believes in every one of them

urunobili
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Because all the hate he poured on the Spurs while being an announcer, I'll never be able to like him. Times when Manu was clearly hacked he'd say on national TV he was flopping even with JVG laughing on his face about such blatant BS...

Good for him with his recently found notoriety.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2013, 01:48 PM
ah ok. but I meant in the postseason....even Green's 2FTs in OT missed both. that was a head-scratcher really

but thanks for pointing that out to me.

Yeah, it's just a patter I noticed and made a post about on another board towards the end of the year. The game would be us up by 3 or 4 with a minute coming up and the Spurs would either barely hold on or eventually it would get tied up, then we would miss another shot and then lose the game by one or two (They would hit on other end). I got sick of it towards the end of the year, it reared it's head again yesterday.

cd98
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't hate him, but after listening to him commentate for years, I never thought he was that bright. In fact, I'd have bet that he would've failed as a coach. To his credit, he got the Warriors to the playoffs and they have proven to be a tough out for a 6th seed. So kudos to him for that.

On the flip side, this Golden State team has been in the lottery for years, which has allowed them to stock up on young talent and then go out and aquire a skilled big man. So at some point they had to get good, regardless of the coach. Still, Mark was in the right place at the right time.