PDA

View Full Version : Spurs did exactly what they set out to do...get homecourt advantage back.

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Series is tied 2-2. If the Warriors want to win this series they have to win 2 out of the next 3 games with two of those games in San Antonio. Not an easy task. Warrior fans and Spurs haters are going overboard right now celebrating with the Spurs losing this game....but when they wise up, they will realize the Spurs put themselves back in the driver seat. Nothing more. Nothing less. If the Spurs win game 5 in San Antonio...the Warriors backs are against the wall for both bame 6....and if necessary game 7. Hate to be Capt. Obvious here but some people are losing sight that the Spurs are in a great position right now.

TE
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
We have to win next game to be in the drivers seat. This series should have been over by game 5.

noles1983
exactly! we got the fucking split! we obviously know how to beat these fucks now, just have to execute.

bklynspursfan
I just can't figure out why Pop went away from Tiago? he fell in love with small ball in the 2nd half.

Richie
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Disagree. We should have been looking to win both of these games. We aren't the Warriors, we aren't happy just splitting two road games.

Just as the Warriors shouldn't have been happy at 1-1, we shouldn't be happy at 2-2

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Being disappointed you didnt win both games is one thing....winning back home court advantage is the silver lining.

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
We have to win next game to be in the drivers seat. This series should have been over by game 5.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:04 PM
If Tim Duncan blows out his knee in game six will you say the same thing? Extending a series unnecessarily endangers the Spurs.

Pop's given the Warriors two games so far. Why is it impossible to believe he'd give them two more?

BatManu20
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I appreciate that you're a glass half-full kind of guy, but the bottom line is that the Spurs choked away a double-digit lead in the 4th when they had an opportunity to go up 3-1. And Pop coached horribly in the 4th. Like really bad. And we rely on our big 3 to do too much cause our role players suck on the road, and you cant do that with a 37 year old C and a 36 year old SG. Spurs might win this series, and I think they still will, but they aren't legitimate title contenders.

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
This is the kind of loser mentality that has ruined the Spurs. "its okay just shoot better" "cant win them all" "15 year playoff run"

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Hypotheticals are useless, obstructed...I mean...might as well say if you hit the lottery this week woulod you still feel the same way?

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 06:13 PM
robdiaz...loser mentality? You mean going into the Oracle in a game 3 that 99% of people said the Spurs cant win and they did and got back homecourt advantage. But they lose game 4 and cant go 16-0 in the playoffs so the complainers complain louder? That sounds like a whiner problem not a loser mentality.

wtgspurs
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
When the warriors head back to Golden State, it'll be to go fishing. Now let's start to talk about who we gonna face in round 2. Strong chance we face Memphis, i say we have a chance to sweep them, Golden State is the luckiest team in all Sports reason they have 2 wins.

Sobe_Kucks
Losing a game a young and dangerous team gift wrapped for them... Yeah it's a big deal; this was a knockout blow game. Especially since we have an older team with all sorts of injuries; end the series as quickly as possible. Too many possibilities with more injuries and extending the series... Seriously that's a good thing for the Spurs?

Obstructed_View
Hypotheticals are useless, obstructed...I mean...might as well say if you hit the lottery this week woulod you still feel the same way?

Past hypotheticals are useless, such as "The Spurs would have been swept already if not for smallball." We'll see how much failing to keep this series short hurts the team as we go forward.

The Spurs are a miracle comeback from being down 3-1 in this series. Don't know if you've looked, but they were the favorite in this series, and they're getting their asses handed to them.

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Obstructed...I watched the Boston celtics crush the Heat last year and take them to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Finals. Everyone said the Heat were a joke and will choke again. Heat scrapped by and won the title. Then you see the doubters run for cover. Same is happening here. If the Spurs win this series.... are you gonna wait and attack again if the Spurs fall behind against the Grizz? Or give the Spurs their props?

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Obstructed...I watched the Boston celtics crush the Heat last year and take them to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Finals. Everyone said the Heat were a joke and will choke again. Heat scrapped by and won the title. Then you see the doubters run for cover. Same is happening here. If the Spurs win this series.... are you gonna wait and attack again if the Spurs fall behind against the Grizz? Or give the Spurs their props?
lebron aint 37, son. so gtfo

HemisfairArena
05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Thats your answer, robby? LMAO

RD2191
05-12-2013, 06:33 PM
the heat have have the best player in the world in his prime, our best player is a 37 year old center

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 06:55 PM
You'll have to explain to me how to give a team that's the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history away from being down 3-1 to a team missing their best player their "props".

SpursRock20
05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
You'll have to explain to me how to give a team that's the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history away from being down 3-1 to a team missing their best player their "props".
David Lee is not the Warriors best player. They are arguably better without him.

TheGoldStandard
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
If there is no small ball we win this game today.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 07:16 PM
David Lee is not the Warriors best player. They are arguably better without him.
Opinion and opinion. He's been their best player the last two years. They are arguably better with Pop running letting their small forwards operate against Gary Neal.

SpursRock20
05-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Opinion and opinion. He's been their best player the last two years. They are arguably better with Pop running letting their small forwards operate against Gary Neal.

Do you honestly think he could make a bigger impact on the game than Curry if he was healthy? When is the last time Lee went off for 22 points in a quarter?

lmbebo
05-12-2013, 07:22 PM
spurs had there foot on there throats and coughed up the game and a 3-1 series lead...

hater
05-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Lee > Curry

:lmao :lmao

wow

Budkin
05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
I appreciate that you're a glass half-full kind of guy, but the bottom line is that the Spurs choked away a double-digit lead in the 4th when they had an opportunity to go up 3-1. And Pop coached horribly in the 4th. Like really bad. And we rely on our big 3 to do too much cause our role players suck on the road, and you cant do that with a 37 year old C and a 36 year old SG. Spurs might win this series, and I think they still will, but they aren't legitimate title contenders.

We've known they aren't title contenders all year. We're still going to watch them anyway because we're Spurs fans.

Budkin
05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
spurs had there foot on there throats and coughed up the game and a 3-1 series lead...

Shit happens. It's 2-2. At least it's not 1-3

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Do you honestly think he could make a bigger impact on the game than Curry if he was healthy? When is the last time Lee went off for 22 points in a quarter?

We'll ignore Lee being the team's lone all-star for the moment. Just to stay on topic:

You'll have to explain to me how to give a team that's the biggest comeback in NBA playoff history away from being down 3-1 to a team missing their best SECOND BEST player their "props".

Do you disagree with this, or were you just being a little twat trying to split hairs about who their best player is?

Nate Robinson the best player in the eastern conference. :lol

SpursRock20
05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
We'll ignore Lee being the team's lone all-star for the moment. Just to stay on topic:

Do you disagree with this, or were you just being a little twat trying to split hairs about who their best player is?

Nate Robinson the best player in the eastern conference. :lol

Don't disagree with that at all. Good fix.

Don't forget that the Warriors had a pretty improbable comeback today to. It goes both ways.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Don't disagree with that at all. Good fix.

Fair enough. Lee's a big loss. That said, the Spurs would probably be in better position if he had NOT gotten hurt because they'd be playing with more Splitter and Diaw.

Don't forget that the Warriors had a pretty improbable comeback today to. It goes both ways.
The Spurs missed free throws, didn't bother to rebound and took one layup in the last 10 minutes of the game. It's not that improbable tbh. :)

Austin_Toros
05-12-2013, 08:27 PM
We've known they aren't title contenders all year. We're still going to watch them anyway because we're Spurs fans.

Not contenders? I didn't know that the Spurs missed the playoffs and finished below .500 :rolleyes

Budkin
05-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Not contenders? I didn't know that the Spurs missed the playoffs and finished below .500 :rolleyes

I mean the fact that they are extremely unlikely to beat the Heat. But I don't care, I'm going to keep rooting for them. Ok, I guess if they make it to the Finals they are technically contenders, but maybe in the same way the 2003 Nets were.

milkyway21
05-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Game 5 @ AT&T. Homecourt.

If they had beaten those guys they don't need to go back to GS anymore.

Missed the opportunity. but it's alright.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Losing a game a young and dangerous team gift wrapped for them... Yeah it's a big deal; this was a knockout blow game. Especially since we have an older team with all sorts of injuries; end the series as quickly as possible. Too many possibilities with more injuries and extending the series... Seriously that's a good thing for the Spurs?
I agree with everything you said there, they blew their chance to end this crap next game and choked. There is nothing positive coming from this game today. They easily should have won 2 there, blew it.

Agloco
05-12-2013, 10:09 PM
the heat have have the best player in the world in his prime, our best player is a 37 year old center

If this were true, then I'd think you should consider tempering your expectations a bit more.

tesseractive
05-12-2013, 10:19 PM
If this were true, then I'd think you should consider tempering your expectations a bit more.

Haven't you heard? Failing to beat teams that are better than you are proves that you're poorly coached and that your players have no heart.

Legacy
05-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Ehh, I don't believe this is exactly what The Spurs set out to do. I think The Spurs wanted to win this game at Oracle today, and then head back home and finish The Warriors off in front of their home crowd and be done with this series in 5. Sorry, that's just me. I mean, I could be wrong... but that's just usually how The Spurs take care of situations like this. Things just didn't work out as anticipated. :p:

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Ehh, I don't believe this is exactly what The Spurs set out to do. I think The Spurs wanted to win this game at Oracle today, and then head back home and finish The Warriors off in front of their home crowd and be done with this series in 5. Sorry, that's just me. I mean, I could be wrong... but that's just usually how The Spurs take care of situations like this. Things just didn't work out as anticipated. :p:
Naw they blew opportunities to close out teams in title years, the thing is our guys were in their prime then or near it so this pisses me off. I agree they set out to win today, had a lead and all and blew it. They wanted this one.

Legacy
05-12-2013, 10:49 PM
^^^ Well... here's to hoping they take care of business at home or we're fucked. :lol Paging Pop, too, please. :bang

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Agreed. Although no one can blame the fans for being mad at this loss. We had that 3-1 advantage, we blew it. Well I'd still say Spurs in 6.

Austin_Toros
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I mean the fact that they are extremely unlikely to beat the Heat. But I don't care, I'm going to keep rooting for them. Ok, I guess if they make it to the Finals they are technically contenders, but maybe in the same way the 2003 Nets were.

Ok that's understandable. I think everyone agrees Miami looks unstoppable this season.

DatBoyGood
05-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Whoever wins game 5 will win the series. Just like last year against OKC when we let them take game 5 the series was over because we knew how hard it would be to win in okc in an elimination game. Same situation here.

raybies
05-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Op has a team mentality.

You think pop is telling the guys, alright we blew a lead and are in trouble now. Or we should have ended it already...

Gs plays team ball and is well coached. They are a good test and helps prepare this team if we win.

Only ones freaking out are fans unable to handle a loss. As of now we got hc advantage back. We did the job. Now we got to protect hc.

After the series started ... We are fortunate. Was it a tough loss? Yeah.

That being said there are a lot of improvements that can be made. Our coach watches film and is noted for adjustments.

We are ok. Tuesdays game is a pivotal one but is on our floor.

benstanfield
05-12-2013, 11:37 PM
They also coughed up a road playoff game to a team of rookies and sophomores. Just saying, it's very very hard to make up for choking on the road in the playoffs. Luckily the Warriors did it as well. The good news is we've looked like a much better team for 8 out of the last 12 quarters.