PDA

View Full Version : Who In this fourm takes spurs loses personally?

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Everytime the spurs,lose i feel like i lost and i feel like kicking their ass!

RD2191
05-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I hate when they lose. I really hate it when they lose to a team full of douchebags like the Warriors and Thunder.

TE
05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I kick babies.

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 09:05 PM
You when curry was makin all those 3s game 1 ....and they keep jumpin and laughing on the sidelines i really hate,that shit...

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I am fucking livid still........ Thats all.

TE
05-12-2013, 09:08 PM
To be honest that whole squad is overly emotional after anything. Did you all catch Carl Landry acting like he conquered a fucking country a la Alexander The Great? Holy shit was that annoying as fuck. Can't wait to be done with this series..

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 09:12 PM
No shit..

RD2191
05-12-2013, 09:14 PM
To be honest that whole squad is overly emotional after anything. Did you all catch Carl Landry acting like he conquered a fucking country a la Alexander The Great? Holy shit was that annoying as fuck. Can't wait to be done with this series..
:lmao

RD2191
05-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Just looking at Jarret Jacks face pisses me off.

TXstbobcat
05-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I take playoff losses really hard. It took me a while to get over loosing the series to the thunder last season.

bdictjames
05-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Sometimes its good to take a step back, relax, and know that this is not within our control, and this is just a basketball game. There are way more important things to get worried about, and many things to be thankful for as well.

With that said, it used to ruin my night to find out the Spurs lost..

wtgspurs
05-12-2013, 09:25 PM
You when curry was makin all those 3s game 1 ....and they keep jumpin and laughing on the sidelines i really hate,that shit...
Hated that with a passion. fuck that was annoying! Glad they lost!

wtgspurs
05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Sometimes its good to take a step back, relax, and know that this is not within our control, and this is just a basketball game. There are way more important things to get worried about, and many things to be thankful for as well.

With that said, it used to ruin my night to find out the Spurs lost..

It doesn't matter what you do...some part of you will still hurt when the Spurs lose, but you know something, Lakers fans have it worse but they find comfort in bringing up the past.

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Lakers fans dont have it worse...they wernt full ...we are.....fuck.that..

Spurs 4 The Win
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I get pretty pissed, it ruins my night, and if anybody dares to make fun of the spurs, they know a fight is coming. haha

TXstbobcat
05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Taking the losses hard makes the wins that much sweeter. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited after the overtime game 1 win.

McGusto55
05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I get pretty pissed, it ruins my night, and if anybody dares to make fun of the spurs, they know a fight is coming. haha
....lol.....

spursfan4ever
05-12-2013, 09:33 PM
When I read the title to this thread, the OP reminds me of the guy in the movie "Fever Pitch" in a scene where he and his friends are at a bar drinking up their sorrows after a Red Sox loss and they look over to a table where they notice notable players of their team having dinner and laughing it up after a big loss to the Yankees I think and they find themselves dumbstruck realizing its just a game.

If they win, great. If they lose, there is always another game to play.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Spurs losses make me angry..

Angry and tired..

TrainOfThought5
05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
I take playoff losses really hard. It took me a while to get over loosing the series to the thunder last season.

wtgspurs
05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
When I read the title to this thread, the OP reminds me of the guy in the movie "Fever Pitch" in a scene where he and his friends are at a bar drinking up their sorrows after a Red Sox loss and they look over to a table where they notice notable players of their team having dinner and laughing it up after a big loss to the Yankees I think and they find themselves dumbstruck realizing its just a game.

If they win, great. If they lose, there is always another game to play.

It's not that we lost...it's that we lost to the Warriors.

spurs10
05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
"Step away from the ledge ,sir."

jermaine
05-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I hate it. I don't like to talk to anyone after a lose. With the loss like today, I dont like to play Nba 2k. I only play with the Spurs so it makes me not want to see them win cuz I feel its a false win.

emanueldavidginobili
05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
This lost ruined my day tbh

bklynspursfan
05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Tends to screw up my day/night when they lose... It was the same way in the regular season. No matter how bad I tell myself they're still "in control" of this series cause they have home court, I'm still pissed off about it. Feels like the end of the world sometimes lol.... But after several hours, I realize in fact that it's not.

chapnis
05-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Tends to screw up my day/night when they lose... It was the same way in the regular season. No matter how bad I tell myself they're still "in control" of this series cause they have home court, I'm still pissed off about it. Feels like the end of the world sometimes lol.... But after several hours, I realize in fact that it's not.

Me pretty much haha

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Spurs lose= I'm fucking grumpy the whole fucking day.

mercos
05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
I used to be bad about that. I remember how soul crushing the 2001 Conference Finals loss was. I don't take it as seriously since then, but I still don't like it.

Poolboy5623
05-12-2013, 10:36 PM
The loses dint bother me like they did as a youngster..but I'll admit, today stung...if the spurs collapse over the next 2/3 games, we can look back to game 4 as the catalyst...oh well, if they can't beat GS..no pt in advancing..

Trifecta
05-12-2013, 10:46 PM
In the past, I would be ready to call in sick to work tomorrow!
Just tough when the Spurs beat themselves which is what happened today!

For me when they lose, I cant wait until the next game begins for them to get back on the winning track!

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 10:50 PM
This lost ruined my day tbh

Oh yeah, near midnight and it's still ruining my day, it will ruin onto the next morning it seems now too. I am pissed. They had it.
In the past, I would be ready to call in sick to work tomorrow!
Just tough when the Spurs beat themselves which is what happened today!

For me when they lose, I cant wait until the next game begins for them to get back on the winning track!
I called in sick after the Dallas game 7 in 06, the sad thing was I was really sick from that damn loss and it ruined my day and the next as well.

baseline bum
05-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Once the first round beatdown of 2009 happened and the Spurs window was shut for good the losses stopped bothering me. Now I just enjoy the wins and watching Duncan still compete at such a high level.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Once the first round beatdown of 2009 happened and the Spurs window was shut for good the losses stopped bothering me. Now I just enjoy the wins and watching Duncan still compete at such a high level.

Some should adapt and just see what you just said is the truth. Last year was special and they had a run outta nowhere! I thought they might have a shot last year when they were hot but when they lost I didn't let it ruin my summer! I gave up expectations a while ago on this team! I get upset when they lose but in reality they are not winning a title this year so I will enjoy the wins like you said as they come. You are correct and have the right attitude.

$pursDynasty
05-12-2013, 11:30 PM
after the game I cut off all sports and tried to finish off the weekend and realized I was feeling down, at first I didn't understand why it wasn't a bad weekend and I remember being in a good mood most of the weekend until I realized it was all about the Spurs, I had blocked it out but obviously the win on Friday started the weekend off well but the loss well we all know what the loss did.

Stabula
05-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Lakers fans dont have it worse...they wernt full ...we are.....fuck.that.. Nah Lakers were the biggest disappointment in sports history. Very few things would be worse than that.

baseline bum
05-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Some should adapt and just see what you just said is the truth. Last year was special and they had a run outta nowhere! I thought they might have a shot last year when they were hot but when they lost I didn't let it ruin my summer! I gave up expectations a while ago on this team! I get upset when they lose but in reality they are not winning a title this year so I will enjoy the wins like you said as they come. You are correct and have the right attitude.

Last year I think I was over it about 10 minutes after game 6, since the whole season felt like it was being played with house money. I legitimately expected the Spurs to be absolutely destroyed by the compressed lockout schedule and end up a 6-8 seed and never figured anyone would be retarded enough to take Jefferson and the black cloud he brought to the team off Pop's hands. Seeing how badly overmatched OKC was against Miami made it a bit easier too.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Last year I think I was over it about 10 minutes after game 6, since the whole season felt like it was being played with house money. I legitimately expected the Spurs to be absolutely destroyed by the compressed lockout schedule and end up a 6-8 seed and never figured anyone would be retarded enough to take Jefferson and the black cloud he brought to the team off Pop's hands. Seeing how badly overmatched OKC was against Miami made it a bit easier too.

We might have won two against Miami at best, but yeah we would have lost. IF we make the next round Memphis will be VERY TOUGH! I would not even bet on that there. We have to beat GS first, I think they can but if not oh well they are what they are and not a title team anymore. If we win Tuesday a bonus! IF NOT oh well we lost. I will not pour my all into this now! If this were 99-07 hell yeah, I would be hurt for days over it, but this is not a title team anymore.

therealtruth
05-13-2013, 01:21 AM

I think the window shut in '07 when the Spurs won the title with a weak team and didn't retool. It would have been a good time to find the next guy to play next to Duncan. Instead the team chose to go with Bonner.

baseline bum
05-13-2013, 01:29 AM
I think the window shut in '07 when the Spurs won the title with a weak team and didn't retool. It would have been a good time to find the next guy to play next to Duncan. Instead the team chose to go with Bonner.

Huh? That 07 team was stacked like hell. Parker/Ginobili/Bowen/Duncan/Oberto/Finley/Barry/Horry was a pretty amazing top 8, and the '08 team would have given Boston a great run had Manu not gotten hurt. 09 was when age really started catching up to everyone; especially Finley and Bruce.

capek
05-13-2013, 02:45 AM
Really I don't anymore. It still pisses me off, after a game like tonight I'll spend the next couple hours intermittently muttering "fuck" under my breath. But those eliminations in '04 and '06 for example, I was sick for months afterwards, fucking existential shit. Glad I'm past that kind of reaction, though the highs of my fandom were much better back then as well. :/

chapnis
05-13-2013, 03:01 AM
I know I need to let go and care less about the Spurs but I just can't dammit.

Budkin
05-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Me. Not as bad as I used to be but when we lose it's all I can think about all day until the next game. Nothing was worse than 0.4. Couldn't sleep well until the Lakers lost in the Finals. Same thing in 2006 with Manu's foul. Last year was pretty tough as I'm still upset about that loss, but it wasn't like a debilitating depression like those others, I had learned to tell myself that rich dudes throwing a ball into a hole should have no bearing on my emotional state. But in all honesty, it's still a bummer when they lose.

timtonymanu
05-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Lately? Meh. To be honest, the Spurs have been getting embarrassed the last few years in the playoffs (swept by Phoenix, 8'ed by Memphis, backdoor swept by OKC). At this point, I'm just glad to see them competing the way they are. I'm usually over a loss a few minutes after.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Really I don't anymore. It still pisses me off, after a game like tonight I'll spend the next couple hours intermittently muttering "fuck" under my breath. But those eliminations in '04 and '06 for example, I was sick for months afterwards, fucking existential shit. Glad I'm past that kind of reaction, though the highs of my fandom were much better back then as well. :/
I used to be just like you there, they bothered me all summer long and I could not wait till next year after those losses.
I don't go nuts unless they lose unjustly. For example, at the hands of the referees. In 2006, against the Mavs, I sprinted out of my house because I didn't know how else to react to the referees literally winning a series for the other team. I wandered the streets for hours hoping someone would say the wrong thing to me. I eventually went into the woods for several more hours and sat there thinking.

Damn! I just sat in my chair staring at my damn watch for some reason for hours after game 7, not moving hardly and just not talking. I guess thats the way to go about it, but I felt deflated beyond belief after that tease of a series and a comeback in game 7 (even more of a tease). That whole series just teased us and YES the REFS literally lost us a game or two that series. Spurs should have won that one in 6 as POP said after the called off Finleys tech later and said sorry, the irony we lost that game in OT so POP said we won by a point then right? F IN REFS.

Monkeyboy14
05-14-2013, 12:09 AM
I dont usually get pissed during reg. season losses. Playoff losses to a team we are clearly better then? Yeah.. that fucking pisses me off.

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2013, 12:15 AM
SB XXV
Music City Forward Lateral
Phantom PI call in Miami-OSU NCG
Tim Thomas Game 6 3-pointer in 2006
Lakers Game 4 meltdown in 2008 finals

They affected me for days (the celtics game, weeks) and I was inconsolable

capek
05-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Damn! I just sat in my chair staring at my damn watch for some reason for hours after game 7, not moving hardly and just not talking. I guess thats the way to go about it, but I felt deflated beyond belief after that tease of a series and a comeback in game 7 (even more of a tease). That whole series just teased us and YES the REFS literally lost us a game or two that series. Spurs should have won that one in 6 as POP said after the called off Finleys tech later and said sorry, the irony we lost that game in OT so POP said we won by a point then right? F IN REFS.

holy shit that game. I drove in from Houston for that game. Not smart planning on my end I guess as I didn't get a hotel room the night of the game, so I had to drive back 2.5 hours after that loss. Some serious David Lynch shit happened on that drive back. felt like I lost my sanity and regained it 3-4 times lol

Budkin
05-14-2013, 12:27 AM
SB XXV
Music City Forward Lateral
Phantom PI call in Miami-OSU NCG
Tim Thomas Game 6 3-pointer in 2006
Lakers Game 4 meltdown in 2008 finals

They affected me for days (the celtics game, weeks) and I was inconsolable

Dude, Super Bowl XXV. One of the shittiest nights I can ever remember. I was in HS but it was the first time I ever saw grown men crying over sports and it just made it worse.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Nowitzki, a jump shooter, was going to the line 20+ times a game and most of them were touch fouls or phantom fouls on jump shots. Then, Ginobili commits one of the worst fouls in NBA history after they were set to win it. OK, that was a legit foul, I had no problem at all with them calling it. HOWEVER, if you're going to call that, you better sure as shit call the OBVIOUS hack on Duncan on his putback attempt at the end of regulation. If you're calling one, you've got to call the other as well. They didn't and the Spurs eventually ran out of gas in overtime. It was like the league was doing everything in their power to not have the Spurs in the finals.

You telling me man, GOT DAMN this game bro........ I agree with everything you just said. A Magazine I got for Fantasy the following year even mentioned the Spurs might have advanced if some bad calls were not made, that made me grit my teeth even more after the fact because everyone saw it and noticed it except Mavs fans who bitched later about the Heat series and calls! I called that JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hat

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 01:05 AM
holy shit that game. I drove in from Houston for that game. Not smart planning on my end I guess as I didn't get a hotel room the night of the game, so I had to drive back 2.5 hours after that loss. Some serious David Lynch shit happened on that drive back. felt like I lost my sanity and regained it 3-4 times lol

I didn't lose sanity, I was just a veggie on that chair for an hour afterwards and could not move hardly! I am glad I did not have to drive though man! DAMN I can't imagine being on the road then for that drive home as far as you had to travel! I probably would have gotten pulled over a few times lol. I am glad I was here in my chair, could not get arrested and nobody saw me, just me and the watch on my wrist and this blank stare for hours.

Budkin
05-14-2013, 08:11 AM
After Game 7 2006 I stayed on SpursTalk for a while trying to process everything. I just kept staring at a thread called "This one hurts." It was even worse for me because my dad had died exactly a month before and I was using the Spurs as a way to distract me from the pain. I didnt get over it until I witnessed the Mavs choke their way out of a championship. That made it a little better. The best part of that was that we won it all the next year.

davidbowie
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
it def ruins my day, but when i was younger i remember tearing up at big losses lol

now it's just like "maaayynne fuck this"

davidbowie
05-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I know I need to let go and care less about the Spurs but I just can't dammit.

i feel this way too. i've been saying this since 07 i guess but i really just want one more. one more for tim to put him over the top. in that rare category. one more so we can move on as a franchise to the next phase. i tell myself once this happens i can relax and not get so wrapped up in every damn game. i can actually just enjoy the subsequent seasons for what they are win or lose.

DapDaGenius
05-14-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the Warriors to be annoying. Hopefully we'll pull this series off, but I think we'll get pounded out by Memphis. If OKC gets by the Grizz, we'll beat them.

Avitus1
05-14-2013, 11:25 AM
It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I take the games probably to personally.

-21-
05-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Reading the posts in here make me feel good that I'm not alone in overreacting to Spurs losses.

Horse
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm lucky if nothing gets broken. I'm miserble the day after and wish I could fast foward to the next game. And would definetly kill a referee if I could find one.

bayareaspursfan
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM
It hurts more than a breakup. No joke

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
It frustrates me, depending on the circumstances, but generally I'm over it within 24 hours. The 2006 loss to the Mavs was the last time I felt somewhat emotionally devastated by a loss, and last year's Game 6 was just sickening to watch. More and more, I've realized that I watch the Spurs due to an ingrained loyalty from my childhood, but at the end of the day, it's just a game that a bunch of millionaires play for our entertainment.

Budkin
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Well the term "fan" is short for fanatic so that about sums up how many of us feel about our team.

Drew2354
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Im a very competive person, so when they lose..especially in the playoffs I get pissed. Ruins my next day.

hater
05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
in all my years of experience. you take a loss a lot better if you take your homer glasses off.

that is why I have had mine off for for the last 2-3 seasons.

Coming into this series I knew it was going at least 6 games. After game 2 I knew it could go either way. Coming into game 5 Spurs are favorites, but not by much. And it doesn't really matter, cause Spurs will get bounced in the next series or finals.

I am leaning towards a spurs win today, but would not be surprised if Warriors win. Even then, I don't see series over. Still counting on Warriors youth to do them in sooner or later.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I've mellowed out. Having kids does that to a man. But 1995 loss to Houston Rockets sent me to a mild bout of depression for about a week. Even broke up with my gf as she kept wanting to talk about it and couldn't understand why I was upset.

Magua
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm lucky if nothing gets broken. I'm miserble the day after and wish I could fast foward to the next game. And would definetly kill a referee if I could find one.
but instead you drown your sorrows in a box of bearclaws, amirite?

romain.star
05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
It feels pretty shitty because :
A/ I can't help but feel sad for Duncan who deserves one last chance to play the Finals
B/ I wake up badly exhausted the next day due to lack of sleep (the game ends around 5 or 6am)

As a result, playoffs wins on Sunday afternoon (US local time) are the best combination for us Euro fans

chapnis
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Best therapy I've found after a spurs loss is to go for a run. Time zone dependent of course.