PDA

View Full Version : Exactly what I said after game 2

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Hit your shots and you'll win the game. No, it was not a bad defensive outing until after regulation, you can't blame defense right now. Spurs didn't make their shots thus the loss.

Hit your shots and you win the game, plain and simple.

P.S. Jack has gotta be the luckiest fcker in the world right now.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Fuck Jack, sick and tired of him since that one regular season game. I knew he would be a flat out problem in this series.

Agloco
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214137&p=6558871#post6558871

Lot of these threads popping up. I tend to agree in this instance though. It came down to hitting "A" shot. Any one would do. And it didn't happen. On to the next game.

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214137&p=6558871#post6558871

Lot of these threads popping up. I tend to agree in this instance though. It came down to hitting "A" shot. Any one would do. And it didn't happen. On to the next game.

Just wanted to point out. Because a lot of posters claimed that the game 2 was already lost in the first half because of the D. :lol Laughed at me for pointing out that if we could've hit the open looks we won that game. Same goes for this game. The defense, like I sad was not bad BUT the they didn't hit the shots they were supposed to hit.

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Fuck Jack, sick and tired of him since that one regular season game. I knew he would be a flat out problem in this series.
Pop playing Neal on him helped

RD2191
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it were as easy as that we would sweep our way to a title. Our shooters are streaky scrubs who are not to be relied upon when the Spurs are in a tight game. Its like telling Neal to just defend better. Its 50/50 with our shooters. They might show up one game but completely disappear the next. Its just who they are.

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it were as easy as that we would sweep our way to a title. Our shooters are streaky scrubs who are not to be relied upon when the Spurs are in a tight game. Its like telling Neal to just defend better. Its 50/50 with our shooters. They might show up one game but completely disappear the next. Its just who they are.

:lol Coming from a guy who... Do I really need to explain? :lol

And no, I'm not just talking about our role players who you refer to as scrubs :lol TP, TD, Manu shit the bed too. Another solid take from Robdiaz :lol

RD2191
05-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Yes I know I have shit takes sometimes but they're my opinions.

Sean Cagney
Pop playing Neal on him helped

Yeah, where was Joseph which worked? IS POP this stupid?

RD2191
God forbid we all have diff thoughts and opinions about the game.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Pop's answer to everything is

We did or didn't make shots..

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm not even asking for the team to shoot higher than 50% :lol Point is, if they shoot at a respectable rate we win games 2 and 4. They were flat out horrible at offense today, all game long.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not even asking for the team to shoot higher than 50% :lol Point is, if they shoot at a respectable rate we win games 2 and 4. They were flat out horrible at offense today, all game long.

Okay 2 out of 4 games they were horrible, so next game they might be better and game 6 off since it's the pattern :( This team just is not good on O right now as a whole, even in their wins they were not that great. This seems more like the late year Spurs to me! Blown lead and missing shots down the stretch to lose a game. This is just like the last month of the year.

100%duncan
05-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Okay 2 out of 4 games they were horrible, so next game they might be better and game 6 off since it's the pattern :( This team just is not good on O right now as a whole, even in their wins they were not that great. This seems more like the late year Spurs to me! Blown lead and missing shots down the stretch to lose a game. This is just like the last month of the year.

And if you want to win a championship, you have to string together good offensive and defensive games in the playoffs.

therealtruth
05-13-2013, 01:25 AM
The Spurs title teams weren't always prolific offensively but their defense and offensive execution gave them a chance. You can't just hope to hit shots. If you're struggling to hit shots rely more on your defense and it will help generate some offensive rhythm and confidence.

EricB
05-13-2013, 04:13 AM
I think their defense against their offense since the second half of game 2 has been more than fine. Holding them to 84 in regulation and 92 in the games in Oakland is about as good as it gets IMO.

crc21209
05-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Hit your shots and you'll win the game. No, it was not a bad defensive outing until after regulation, you can't blame defense right now. Spurs didn't make their shots thus the loss.

Hit your shots and you win the game, plain and simple.

P.S. Jack has gotta be the luckiest fcker in the world right now.

You're right. The D has been pretty damn good the past 2 games, but the offense let them down big time today. From TP to Kawhi to Neal, everyone struggled. If the Spurs make 1 more 3 pointer or 2 or 3 more FTs today, we're talking about a 3-1 series right now. I think guys have to stop settling for 3 pointers, especially guys like Manu and Kawhi that we know can take it strong to the hole. Hell, they don't even have to take it straight to the hole. It would be nice if they could throw a little pump fake, take a dribble or two inside the 3 point line, and try a mid range J instead...

exstatic
05-13-2013, 04:29 AM
The good thing is that at least we're showing up and winning the odd number games. If that continues, we at least win in seven.

100%duncan
05-13-2013, 05:45 AM
therealtruth and EricB again I didn't blame the defense. The defense is not to be blamed. Spurs have played damn well on that side of the court the past 2 games. As I said, they didn't hit the shots they were supposed to hit. The shots that would've been game enders. Heck sure you can blame the refs for that call at the end of regulation but the Spurs shouldn't have kept the game that close for the refs to make a big impact. That's not championship ball. Spurs will win this series in 6 but if they want to get past Memphis they sure need to up that play or it's going to be dejavu.

EricB
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Don't think I can disagree with that. Free throws rebounds, two easy things to fix, then they'll win. Almost that simple.