PDA

View Full Version : Was that week of rest bad for us?

jermaine
05-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Its seems everyone has been gased this series. Leonard is young so there's no reason for him to be dragging right? Thompson has played Parker well on defense an by games end he can still get life an hit a wide open shot. So I wonder if resting players to long is bad. I know they swept tbe Lakers but all the resting before that point. An the way Manu doesn't start, he shouldn't be tired shooting airballs. It seems the Big 3 is only the big 1(Tony) an a half(Tim for 3qtrs). Manu hasn't been impressive yet.

DarrinS
05-13-2013, 07:48 AM
No, they are old and playing the youngest team

jermaine
05-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Old people can't have good conditioning?

King
05-13-2013, 07:51 AM
It was virtually a back to back, and the guys are playing ~10+ more minutes than their regular season average. It wasn't the week off that hurt, it was poor scheduling.

DarrinS
05-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Old people can't have good conditioning?

Sure, but a well conditioned 20 y.o. has more gas in the tank than a well conditioned 30+ y.o.

jermaine
05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Sure, but a well conditioned 20 y.o. has more gas in the tank than a well conditioned 30+ y.o.
Tru tru! But whats Leonards excuse? Manu gets alot of rest so whats his also?

Budkin
05-13-2013, 08:16 AM
We played a D League team in round 1

Gervin44Silas13
05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Could be... this team has gotten no cynlinders kliking.....we are very lucky not to be down 3-1.

Fireball
05-13-2013, 08:52 AM
The one week of rest was too much and now we have the badest schedule of all second round series ... Spurs players should not be gassed, but you can train all you want, older legs get tired earlier and playing every other day does not favor the Spurs ... I think the poor shooting has much to do with tired legs

Blake
05-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Everyone seems to have already forgotten just how banged up the Spurs have been/still are.

DarrinS
05-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Could be... this team has gotten no cynlinders kliking.....we are very lucky not to be down 3-1.

And GS is lucky they are not down 3-1.

weebo
05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
The game wasn't lost by the older players (i.e. Manu and Tim). The game was lost because our role players didn't show up. Guys like KL, Green, Neal, Splitter, Diaw,...etc need to show up and hit some buckets, play smart D, and rebound. If the role players do those three things, the Spurs win.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Everyone seems to have already forgotten just how banged up the Spurs have been/still are.

BULL SHIT! The only banged up player on this team is Parker. Maybe Splitter. The Spurs were well rested coming into this series. The excuses have to stop now! We just aren't playing that well on Offense and really haven't been for 2 months. Our Defense was terrible for a month or two as well. It was awful for the first 2 games of the series, and now it looks much much better. We just have to start making the open shots. It's clear the Spurs are due for a hot shooting game. Also, Pop needs to let Splitter go for 25 minutes game 5. We need his size. I still think we win game 5 at home, and then close out GS in their house. A lot of pussy crybabies around here. We are tied 2-2, and held the lead this series. The glass is clearly half full! There are more positives than negatives.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2013, 05:33 PM
In a word, no.

Parker, Duncan, Ginobili are healthy, and Diaw, Leonard and Splitter had time to recover.

ploto
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Maybe a better question is -- does limiting minutes during the regular season keep players fresher for the playoffs or do they never get fully conditioned for the minutes they will have to play in the playoffs?

Obstructed_View
05-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Limiting games instead of minutes is the key. Duncan is fresh for the playoffs and still has the wind to play 40 minutes. It's not Duncan's fault that he's asked to play 20 minutes straight at the end of the game with nobody to help him on defense. 2006 Tim Duncan didn't have the energy to do that.

ploto
05-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Limiting games instead of minutes is the key. Duncan is fresh for the playoffs and still has the wind to play 40 minutes. It's not Duncan's fault that he's asked to play 20 minutes straight at the end of the game with nobody to help him on defense. 2006 Tim Duncan didn't have the energy to do that.

:tu

phxspurfan
05-13-2013, 06:06 PM
No, the playing bad was bad for us.

therealtruth
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
In a word, no.

Parker, Duncan, Ginobili are healthy, and Diaw, Leonard and Splitter had time to recover.

I think 2011 series against the Grizzlies showed he can't do it by himself defensively. He needs help.

hater
05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Lakers did more damage to our playoffs than good. Imagine a heavyweight boxer practicing vs a stupid guy on a wheelchair before a fight with another heavyweight.

Surprised Spurs were able to get up from the canvas after round 2 IMO

Obstructed_View
05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I think 2011 series against the Grizzlies showed he can't do it by himself defensively. He needs help.
True dat.

Spurs with Robinson, Rasho, Nazr, Oberto, Kurt Thomas, or Splitter at center next to Duncan: Elite
Spurs with Finley, Jefferson, Bogans, Bonner, or Blair next to Duncan: ~.500