PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Warriors aren't that good

SpursDynasty
05-13-2013, 08:19 PM
It's funny how so many people here are counting out the Spurs already when this is now basically a best of 3 series with 2 of the 3 being in San Antonio. The Warriors aren't that good, plain and simple. If not for the Spurs getting lazy at the end of Game 4, and if not for the Spurs having a bad shooting night in Game 2, this series is an easy sweep.

I don't see anything the Warriors are doing that makes them any different than any other 40-45 win team. They're making shots. It's hit or miss. Outside of hitting jump shots, they are no threat. The Spurs can hit those same shots all season long. Big deal. What creates the illusion of the Warriors being so good is that the Warriors (and their fans) get excited after every single made shot. That doesn't make a good team. That doesn't win a playoff series. That just means that your team sucks so much that any made basket is a big deal. What happens when those shots don't go in? Then what? Boris Diaw can score as much as Curry and Thompson if he takes 30 shots a game.

Jumping off the bench like a bunch of high schoolers after a layup or flexing your arms after a layup just shows how much stupidity there is in that Warrior locker room. That's no way to approach a playoff series. Basketball intelligence is of utmost importance in the playoffs. The Warriors have none. It's a junior varsity high school team just going out there, chucking shots, and praying they go in. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope most doubters on this forum will shut up after the Spurs win the next two. This series is a waste of time really. The gimmicky Warriors will soon be gone and we can get ready for some real playoff basketball after this series.

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-13-2013, 08:29 PM
The Spurs could win the next 2 but it took a miracle fluke comeback in Game 1, otherwise this series would be 3-1 Warriors and basically over. The Warriors have been the better team 3 out of 4 games this series. So saying the Warriors aren't that good says more about the Spurs not being that good than anything else.

rayjayjohnson
05-13-2013, 08:30 PM
If not for the Spurs getting lazy at the end of Game 4, and if not for the Spurs having a bad shooting night in Game 2, this series is an easy sweep.

If, if, if...

shitty excuses tbh

whitemamba
05-13-2013, 08:31 PM
If, if, if...

shitty excuses tbh

this.

sup rayjay, whats been going on since the denver loss tbh?

KaiRMD1
05-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I mean the Warriors aren't that good once some heavy D is thrown their way. If the Spurs don't play the right way, I expect the Warriors to advance and get steamrolled next round thus solidifying that they never really belonged in the playoffs past the second round.

rayjayjohnson
05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
this.

sup rayjay, whats been going on since the denver loss tbh?

Not much bru. Chilling, about to watch the grizz go balls deep in that thunder ass

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
This looks like an upstairs thread

hater
05-13-2013, 08:44 PM
if spurs put as much effort as OP in this thread, we might as well forfeit :lmao

DMC
05-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I think the Spurs will shoot 80% next game. Curry will do a Hank Gathers mid court around the middle of the 2nd quarter.

NRHector
05-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Dumbass Spurs make any average team look like a gotdamn championship contender

Monster1776
05-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Y''ll are the ones with a split series with them; say what you want.

Latarian Milton
05-14-2013, 01:01 AM
warriors already gave out everything in game 4 and it'd be difficult for them to continue fighting that hard when the game returns to san antonio. series may still go to game no.7 but the spurs will end up winning it i think.

Jacob1983
05-14-2013, 01:04 AM
I have not counted out the Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs spank the Warriors in game 5. With that being said, I think more pressure is on the Spurs in game 5 because they don't want to go back to Oakland in a do or die situation. The Spurs have to win game 5 in order to win the series.

Stabula
05-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Spurs have been beating themselves with their sloppy offense.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 02:06 AM
None of the remaining teams in the West are that good, tbh..it's pretty sad that one of them is going to be in the Finals:lol..

Reck
05-14-2013, 02:13 AM
I have not counted out the Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs spank the Warriors in game 5. With that being said, I think more pressure is on the Spurs in game 5 because they don't want to go back to Oakland in a do or die situation. The Spurs have to win game 5 in order to win the series.

If Spurs lose another game at the AT&T Center then they can go fuck themselves.

They deserve to lose the series if they lose another game at home.

LOL keeping the Warriors winless there for like a decade and now they can barely compete at home.

HI-FI
05-14-2013, 02:17 AM

agree with this.

overall these playoffs haven't been that good. the East is a massive joke, and Heat are going to the finals barring some major injury. The West hasn't been that much better tbh.

jimbo
05-14-2013, 02:25 AM
agree with this.

overall these playoffs haven't been that good. the East is a massive joke, and Heat are going to the finals barring some major injury. The West hasn't been that much better tbh.

I'd take Heat/Pacers/Knicks over Spurs/Grizzlies/Thunder tbh

Nuggets were heartless
Spurs'll win a best of 3 against GS

and :lol Rockets

Reck
05-14-2013, 02:39 AM
agree with this.

Yeah the West has been devastated with injuries yet they give us good games to watch.

If you're not a Spurs fan you are probably enjoying this series. We're not because we are caught in the worryness of a Spurs choke job.

The East is just bad period, injuries or not.

Jacob1983
05-14-2013, 02:40 AM
What are you guys talking about? The 2nd round in the West has been entertaining. All of the games of the Memphis-OKC series have been close and the Spurs and Warriors have been entertaining as well. Are you going to tell me that game 1 of the Warriors and Spurs was not entertaining and thrilling? That shit was epic and classic. Double overtime on a weeknight on TNT. TNT knows drama. I agree with the East. The East is atrocious and pathetic. It's like Division III basketball.

BUMP
05-14-2013, 02:45 AM
wtf is this?

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Magindam/soon_zps0473eeab.gif

Reck
05-14-2013, 02:45 AM
What are you guys talking about? The 2nd round in the West has been entertaining. All of the games of the Memphis-OKC series have been close and the Spurs and Warriors have been entertaining as well. Are you going to tell me that game 1 of the Warriors and Spurs was not entertaining and thrilling? That shit was epic and classic. Double overtime on a weeknight on TNT. TNT knows drama. I agree with the East. The East is atrocious and pathetic. It's like Division III basketball.

Indeed. Just finished saying that.

I'm obly watching the Spurs series but I'm notvreally enjoying it because there is slways that anxiousness you get watching your team.

The Thunder and Grizzlies series has been pretty close, Thunder just always find a way to lose close games.

Reck
05-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Lol fuck iphone man

HI-FI
05-14-2013, 02:54 AM
like Shadowflames said, I can't really enjoy the Warriors-Spurs series, but objectively I think it's been the best series of the playoffs, if that makes any sense. OKC and Grizzlies hasn't entertained me for some reason. I think it's because their offense is so ugly, if you remove the only other dynamic part of that offense, then it's just boring to watch. Memphis ain't losing to them, so it's somewhat anticlimactic.

Reck
05-14-2013, 02:58 AM
^That's why I'm only watching the last couple of minutes of that series.

pretty obvious by now who will win that series.

xellos88330
05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't think the Spurs need to make many adjustments. They just have to limit GSW to 1 shot and done, hit free throws, and for the love of god HIT YOUR WIDE OPEN SHOTS FELLAS!!! The GSW defense is being glorified when in reality, the Spurs are missing really good looks that they usually make.

Bill_Brasky
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
These WC playoffs have actually been better than they have in years.....lots of thrillers and series where it really feels like both teams have a chance.

EC.....yeah that's still an abortion.

Phillip
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
now this is more of a classic spursdynasty post

:lmao diaw scoring as much as curry and thompson classic

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2013, 12:40 PM
It's simply a matter of not making wide open shots. Which is why this series is so infuriating. Because mark Jackson is trying to pa that off as good defense.

jeebus
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Lol fuck iphone man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJsKIExcgiY

AaronY
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJsKIExcgiY
LMAO..expected to see Leia chained to his leg..funny motherfucker..

Latarian Milton
05-14-2013, 06:24 PM
niggas live on shooting but they can't stay hot all the way through the series. spurs would've already own this series had they played with a bit more nasty tbh

Reck
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
LMAO..expected to see Leia chained to his leg..funny motherfucker..

Fat niggas are always funny.

What they lack in fitness they make up in being funny as hell.

Rummpd
05-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Golden State is well coached and has some real talent = not to be underestimated.

da_suns_fan
05-14-2013, 10:07 PM
So "series tied 2-2 with two out of three at home" was EXACTLY where the Suns stood when Robert Horry hip-checked Steve Nash yet Spurs fans believe they were the better team.

True story.

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:11 PM
OP dominating, tbh