PDA

View Full Version : Duncan says Bogut is too rough

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2013, 04:23 AM
San Antonio star Tim Duncan claims Australian centre Andrew Bogut is getting away with too much illegal play in their torrid NBA playoffs duel.

Bogut was lauded by his coach Mark Jackson for his 18-rebound, physically dominant performance in Golden State's 97-87 overtime win over San Antonio on Sunday, but Duncan believes the referees are giving him a free pass at times.

The win tied up the western conference semi-final series 2-2, with the crucial game five of the best-of-seven series in San Antonio on Tuesday (Wednesday AEST).

"He (Bogut) is a big guy," Duncan told reporters on Monday.

"He's playing very physical and is getting away with a lot of stuff."

The battle between 213cm tall, 118kg Bogut and 211cm, 116kg Duncan, a two-time NBA MVP and 14-time All Star who plays forward and centre, has been one of the highlights of the series.

The Warriors' opponents in the first round of the playoffs, the Denver Nuggets, also complained about Bogut's physical play, telling reporters in post-game press conferences he was hitting them with illegal screens.

Bogut said Duncan has not complained to his face.

"He just talks to the ref, he doesn't talk to me," Bogut told a San Francisco radio station on Monday.

Bogut, however, is full of respect for Duncan, who he describes as the best centre in the NBA.

"He's number one," Bogut said.

"Duncan will go down as one of the best players to play all time."

Duncan had 19 points and 15 rebounds on Sunday, but his points came from 7-22 shooting, with Bogut's one-on-one defence credited for Duncan's off shooting night.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8658538

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Stay classy TD, i got blasted by some Spurs fans for complaining that the Warriors get away with stuff.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 04:27 AM
I haven't watched Bogut in the low post very closely, my eyes have been fixed on Curry and whether or not he's being adequately defended, but I have seen the torrent of moving screens and bumps that the Warriors by and large have gotten away with.

chapnis
05-14-2013, 04:39 AM
I saw the interview, Duncan said he's getting away with stuff but that's just the playoffs and ya gotta deal with it. He was hardly complaining.

The Reckoning
05-14-2013, 04:39 AM
:cry

BillMc
05-14-2013, 04:43 AM
I saw the interview, Duncan said he's getting away with stuff but that's just the playoffs and ya gotta deal with it. He was hardly complaining.

This. Just another case of some lousy journalist trying to create a story out of nothing.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2013, 04:45 AM
You saw what that punk did to Faried when he shoved him in his throat. Bogut is dirty and got away with tons of illegal screens.

Just get under his skin and he will snap and do something stupid.

therealtruth
05-14-2013, 06:28 AM
It's time to unleash Baynes. He made Dwight Howard quit out of frustration because he was to physical with him. This series is missing physicality on our side and I think Baynes can provide it without weakening the defense.

LkrFan
05-14-2013, 06:44 AM
:corn:

Slippy
05-14-2013, 06:53 AM
He gets away with the same stuff as Zack Randolph. Suttle, yet forcefull enough shoves, prods and body checks. Not dirty but actual fouls that refs more often than not, miss.

SenorSpur
05-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Shooting off-balance, fallaway jumpers isn't the answer either.

Dunc n Dave
05-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Stay classy TD, i got blasted by some Spurs fans for complaining that the Warriors get away with stuff.

I stood up and APPLAUDED at the TV when the refs started calling him for his moving screens that he's gotten away with all series. He can't help himself by sticking his hip out on every screen. And then he has this look of disbelief that they actually called him on it.

Also seen him SEVERAL times come up and set a back screen for Curry with Duncan following closely behind Bogut, then Bogut turns and grabs Duncan by the arm or hand as he chases Curry so Duncan can't help on the drive by Curry.

Tuddy
05-14-2013, 07:32 AM
The screens on Parker are pissing me off. Giving Curry just enough space to get his shot off

milkyway21
05-14-2013, 07:38 AM
The Warriors' opponents in the first round of the playoffs, the Denver Nuggets, also complained about Bogut's physical play, telling reporters in post-game press conferences he was hitting them with illegal screens.
:cuss Bugot got a free pass with Denver, should be given warning or more foul calls if the refs just pay more attention...I'd be happy to see him fouling out early if he'll continue playing his dirty tricks.

Gervin44Silas13
05-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Moving Pics....elblows grabbing jerseys shoving....need we say more......

milkyway21
05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Play Baynes 2 minutes for the 1st 2 qtrs. against him Australia vs Australia/NZ let's see who will prevail , I think Baynes will... :lmao

Russo21
05-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Ironic in the fact that Duncan was Bogut's favorite player growing up

coachmac87
05-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Duncan just needs to go up strong. Refs aren't going to bail him out when he fades away. Not sure if that's Tim trying to sell the foul but it's not working. If he goes into the body instead of falling away he may get a couple calls...he's also gotta knock down the fts..

Tough thing bout Bogut is that he doesn't leave his feet so he really doesn't fall for pump fakes too much..just attack the body.

If Spurs attack all game and not settle for jumpers we should be ok. Put pressure on refs to make calls

silverblk mystix
05-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Bogut is a dirty player - he has been getting away with all kinds of dirty tactics.

Budkin
05-14-2013, 07:55 AM
What a misleading fucking title. Bullshit.

dougp
05-14-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm tired of seeing Bogut "box out" which is basically shoving players out from the rebounding area. The best part is, if they make it past us, they will be facing very physical bigs in Memphis or OKC who will not let him do that without retaliation.

cd98
05-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Seriously, we need to stop this nonsense. Bogut plays physical. He's been in foul trouble during the series. You can't call everything. This is the playoffs. We wish a few Spurs would be more physical. Tim will dominate him in Game 5.

peacemaker885
05-14-2013, 08:37 AM
This is a bullshit article. As many have already mentioned, you have to watch the interview to understand what Tim is saying which is basically saying that this is the way playoff basketball is played.

jjktkk
05-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Nothing to see here. Players always complain to the refs about opposing players. :wakeup

UZER
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Is Bogut playing physical...yes. But its playoff basketball. If you don't like it, you gotta match the intensity to claim your space.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Bogut is just another horrible draft bust. The Bucks actually passed on Chris Paul for this guy..

doobs
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Bogut's screens are an abomination.

Dex
05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
The physicality in the post is to be expected. This is playoff basketball, and Bogut is a big dude. He's been on the verge of foul trouble a few games, but since it is obviously taking Duncan out of his comfort zones, he is going to continue to do it.

That being said, his moving screens are driving me fucking bonkers.

ironman2886
05-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I think Bogut just pushed Duncan as far as he will go. Spurs in 6.

lil'mo
05-14-2013, 09:46 AM

Where does Duncan say Bogut is too rough? Is that a different interview, or...?

ironman2886
05-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Where does Duncan say Bogut is too rough? Is that a different interview, or...?
I don't think he does. I know he said Bogut was getting away with some things.

lil'mo
05-14-2013, 09:50 AM
uh, yeah, that's my point

Harry Callahan
05-14-2013, 10:01 AM
The article is based in Australia in all likelihood given the spelling of center (centre). Bogut's body has broken down on him he can't move as well as he used to so he resorts to tricks like the never ending moving screens. He also stuck his knee out on Parker and injured him late in game three.

I wish Baynes could be a goon and do some dirty work tonight to compromise GSW's ability to compete the rest of this series (kind of like Bogut is getting to do).

EricB
05-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Duncan handled it the right way. Acknowledged that yeah he's playing tough but suck it up its the playoffs. Nothing to see here.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I can't complain with Bogut to much. If the officials WON'T call fouls on him then the Spurs have to adjust. Talk to Pop who refuses to play Baynes. Send Baynes in to lean on Bogut for 15 minutes a game. Let him rough up Bogut early, and let Tim finish Bogut late. It's really not rocket science Pop, you see what I did there? Or you can play Duncan and Baynes together. This is partially on Pop. Almost as much as the officiating. Force the officials to blow the whistle when things start getting chippy.

mercos
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
The refs called a lot of illegal screens last game. The rough play in the post is part of playoff basketball, which Duncan acknowledged. As long as they let the Spurs do the same thing, no biggie. Spurs have to adjust and play tougher.

Bill_Brasky
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
The moving screens where he shoves people to the ground to open Curry for 3 piss me off so much. How can they not call that.....

Then he pulls and pushes people while "boxing out" and they get all the rebounds. I say give em a taste of their own bullshit.

-21-
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I haven't watched Bogut in the low post very closely, my eyes have been fixed on Curry and whether or not he's being adequately defended, but I have seen the torrent of moving screens and bumps that the Warriors by and large have gotten away with.

Dude, you stole my avatar.

KaiRMD1
05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Simple solution: return the favor. Spurs can't be soft because if the Warriors are tough, wait until the Grizzlies come to town.........if they make it to the Grizzlies

DesignatedT
05-14-2013, 12:37 PM
The word "rough" isn't in that entire article.

Budkin
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Simple solution: return the favor. Spurs can't be soft because if the Warriors are tough, wait until the Grizzlies come to town.........if they make it to the Grizzlies

The Grizz can dominate inside. Timmy will play much better than in 2011 but we'll need Splitter to man up, and we really need to play Baynes. Really though, just please beat the Warriors. Please?

senorglory
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Also seen him SEVERAL times come up and set a back screen for Curry with Duncan following closely behind Bogut, then Bogut turns and grabs Duncan by the arm or hand as he chases Curry so Duncan can't help on the drive by Curry.

I think that specific move is a mark Jackson acquired skill.

senorglory
05-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I try not to worry about refs and calls, but I think you're right. The hip check on screens, the shoves under the basket, and the hands to the upper body are pretty regularly not called on bogut. Still, seems fairly evenly called.

phxspurfan
05-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Stop playing soft as fcuk, there's your answer

EVAY
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Look guys, Bogut got called for three fouls in the first quarter last game and they still out-rebounded us by 15. Bogut only played 27 minutes because of the foul trouble.

I think it is true that he moves on virtually every single screen, but we have to match their intensity.

And Duncan never called him 'rough'. That's just he OP

oh crap
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Bogut rough? :lmao You guys are gonna shit yourselves if you get the Grizz next.

Raven
05-14-2013, 02:45 PM
well pretty much everyone saw he was basically playing nose tackle on screens..

spurs10
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Purposely kneed TP in an obvious dirty play. I won't cry should someone knock the crap out of him. In fact, anything done to him would be just, really. His coach is a pos, so why should we expect anything more of him. At least Bogut doesn't sing!!
Also, where in the world is this interview where Tim says Bogut is "too rough."

Kidd K
05-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Duncan is right, but it doesn't sound like he's making a huge deal of it, just stating facts.

I'm also not sure what Bogut's point is. Why would Duncan say anything to him about his fouls? It isn't like that'd make him stop fouling when he knows he's getting away with it anyway just because Duncan asked nicely.

Don't worry man, a lot of Spurfans here are just trolling faggots. You have to learn which ones not to take seriously. . .which is around 40-50% of them.

Legacy
05-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Stay classy Nuggs fan... Coming up here just to start this stupid-ass drama. Such a class act. You're so damn fake, it ain't even funny. Others may buy your BS, but I sure don't. :lol

Legacy
05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't worry man, a lot of Spurfans here are just trolling faggots. You have to learn which ones not to take seriously. . .which is around 40-50% of them.

:cry Yeah, Spurfans like me. :cry

eyeh8u
05-14-2013, 03:35 PM
desktop journalism at ts finest, dude clicked on nba.com video and made it sound like he was there in the trenches.

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Bogut rough? :lmao You guys are gonna shit yourselves if you get the Grizz next.

marc is actually nowhere near as physical as Bogut

slick'81
05-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Bogut has always given Duncan problems

Spurs da champs
05-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Bogut has always given Duncan problems

People seem to have forgotten about this.

Skoobz
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Without a doubt Baynes needs to come in and lay some heavy metal on Bogut.....and even hack his ass to the floor. None of the Spurs bigs have been able to successfully box Bogut out. C'mon Pop FFS.

Skoobz
05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Spurs are showing no "nasty" yet this series.

05-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Bogut is a master of moving screens and pulling opposing rebounders out of the way when rebounding. Someone should send the tapes in to the NBA so the refs can watch him more carefully.

Chomag
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Not Gonna hate on Bogut, yes he is a very physical player, thats just the player he is. I wish Spurs had more players like him. At least more thats not sitting with a suit and tie.

playblair
05-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Time to play Blair and have him get Bogut suspended. Bring in the thugs.

word blair = toughness .........................

BackHome
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
This is a contact sport get some balls and man up...talking to Splitter.!

HemisfairArena
05-14-2013, 07:23 PM
This is why Horry was one of my favorite players. He was as ruthless as they came. He could hit the 3 pointer to win the game, hip check you into a scorers table, or throw a towel in a coaches face...anything to win and get under your skin. His motto was nice guys finish last.

Kidd K
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
:cry Yeah, Spurfans like me. :cry

Nah you're okay! ^_^

Rummpd
05-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Bogut is a thug waiting for a certain Aussie to come in and shove him around.

howbouthemspurs
05-14-2013, 11:37 PM
This story is all bullshit:lol

Legacy
05-14-2013, 11:43 PM
http://i.minus.com/i2BXLZd50BACy.gif

james evans
05-14-2013, 11:58 PM
I stood up and APPLAUDED at the TV when the refs started calling him for his moving screens that he's gotten away with all series. He can't help himself by sticking his hip out on every screen. And then he has this look of disbelief that they actually called him on it.

not only bogut, but the whole team get away with moving screens. it's the only way curry and thompson can look like all stars. they live off of those screens.

John B
05-15-2013, 12:08 AM
This is when we miss SJax. He already would have been in Bogut's face. But guys like Splitter should also give it to Bogut to send the message that they got Duncan's back.

Darkwaters
05-15-2013, 03:30 AM
This series has had a ton of moving screens. Tons.

Reck
05-15-2013, 03:41 AM

Bogut and Barnes get away with pushes with inpunity most of the time.

They do get away with shoving people. Specially in Oracle arena. Game 3 and 4 were a joke.

milkyway21
05-15-2013, 07:39 AM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2013/05/11/4_20130511001508330_600_400.JPG :(

TampaDude
05-15-2013, 07:54 AM
This is why Horry was one of my favorite players. He was as ruthless as they came. He could hit the 3 pointer to win the game, hip check you into a scorers table, or throw a towel in a coaches face...anything to win and get under your skin. His motto was nice guys finish last.

Horry's hip check on Nash was the defining moment of the 2007 playoffs. It completely changed the momentum of that WCSF series and propelled the Spurs to their 4th NBA Championship. Horry was a BALLER!