PDA

View Full Version : we should just lose now right?

davidbowie
05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
i mean so we can all go about our summer. even if we get past golden state, memphis is looking great and will probably beat us.

say we make it to the finals somehow, be honest, the heat are gonna shit all over us. it'll be embarrassing. let's preserve our perfect 4-0 finals record. :toast

TJastal
05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Why does everyone believe the heat are unbeatable? Chicago just showed in game 1 they can be beaten even without the franchise player... as for Memphis... just need to use their size to match up to Gasol/Randolph and the spurs should be able to outscore the Memphis backcourt.

Spur|n|Austin
05-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Go jump off a bridge.

spurs1990
05-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I really wish we had the ability to rate posts on this site. Once you plummet under a certain number your thread privileges are revoked.

silverblackfan
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
I really wish we had the ability to rate posts on this site. Once you plummet under a certain number your thread privileges are revoked.

Damn, that is one fine idea. As mostly a lurker, I don't don't start many threads, but mostly because the existing threads cover the information/opinions already. Most of the threads are repetitive or useless troll bait.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Oh go away..

Only an idiot would not want the chance to play on.. It is amazing how scared some people are of certain teams. When did winning chips become easy?

Budkin
05-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Why even be a fucking fan? Piss off.

ironman2886
05-14-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.moviestarspicture.com/photos/jim-carrey-movies/jim-carrey-in-movie-yes-man.jpg

sananspursfan21
05-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Really hope this is just a jinx thread. On a more important note: the more "unbeatable" a team becomes, the more beatable they are soon to be :)

EricB
05-14-2013, 10:32 AM
To think this version of the Heat are unbeatable is laughable. They are VERY vulnerable.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Memphis might just turn out less difficult than the warriors.

No matter what it's substantially less difficult opponents than OKC last season.

Tbh Spurs is still the favorite to win the west if you look at the market.

tim_duncan_fan
05-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Memphis doesn't have 2 possessed demon guards with magical jumpshots. If Curry and Thompson didn't have A+++ shooting mechanics, this series would be over already.

EricB
05-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Lets calm down on Memphis, they're IMO the best defensive team left, with a very tough bench. I'd be hard pressed to pick against them even if the Spurs got some rest between series.

hooperflash
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
You must have been one of those Spurs ”fans” who left the game or turned off their t.v. during Game 1.

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
memphis is tough, but lets not act like they're beating a healthy OKC. all 4 games there have gone down to the wire

mercos
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
The Spurs offense does look abysmal right now, but their is still a fairly easy path to the title this year. They should beat Golden State. Memphis is entirely beatable. If Dwyane Wade is not 100%, the Heat are beatable as well. I think the Spurs or the Grizzlies can give Miami a good run if D-Wade is still gimpy come Finals time.

sananspursfan21
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
If David Bowie was a spurs fan I bet he wouldn't give up

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
The Spurs offense does look abysmal right now, but their is still a fairly easy path to the title this year. They should beat Golden State. Memphis is entirely beatable. If Dwyane Wade is not 100%, the Heat are beatable as well. I think the Spurs or the Grizzlies can give Miami a good run if D-Wade is still gimpy come Finals time.

The Wade Injury may play itself out in the Pacer series. The Pacers gave them a real tough series last year and they are battle tested and appear hungry. Not saying they will beat the Heat but if they get past the Knicks they will test the Heat IMO..

cd98
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I do think the Spurs will beat the Warriors in six or seven. Still, this is bad news for the Spurs. They wanted to rest up before a phyiscal series with Memphis. Instead, Memphis will beat the Thunder early and get the rest adn the Spurs will head right into the Memphis series with little time to recover.

I think the Spurs figured out Memphis, but it will be a much tougher series if the Spurs are gassed and very difficult to win.

Poolboy5623
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I'd rather play the grizzles, than the Warriors tbh..

ThaBigFundamental21
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Sorry losers, but OKC is winning game 5 in their house. So that series will probably go 6, maybe 7. Just like our series, we win in 6 most likely, maybe 7. Memphis does have a hell of a D, but I don't fear them. We are going to the Finals to face off with the Heat.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-14-2013, 11:30 AM
To think this version of the Heat are unbeatable is laughable. They are VERY vulnerable.

I agree. Their inside is weak. If Birdman is your best option inside, you are screwed. Bosh really doesn't like playing inside, he has gotten away from doing so, and I think that is FOOLISH. Especially for playoff ball. I call it now, if the Spurs choke against Memphis, Memphis is beating Miami!!! And it would be a choke, we are going to the Finals. BUT......if we choke.... Like I said, no bones about it, Memphis would expose Miami's weaknesses in a big way. Memphis is a terrible matchup for the Heat, just horrid. That being said, if Splitter gets back to being good Splitter, then we have a great chance to win it all.

mando6599
05-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I'd rather play the grizzles, than the Warriors tbh..

I'd rather play the Warriors, beat them, then play and beat the Grizz, tbh. First things first, my friend.

rascal
05-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Memphis doesn't have 2 possessed demon guards with magical jumpshots. If Curry and Thompson didn't have A+++ shooting mechanics, this series would be over already.

Memphis is superior inside and beat the Spurs just two years ago. They will be tougher than GS.

Horse
05-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I gotta believe we matchup better with memphis than golden state.

rmt
05-14-2013, 12:34 PM
OP - Spurs have much to play for besides winning - more revenue, more playoff experience for the young ones, more double-doubles for TD (tied with Shaq at 3rd, one behind Wilt), more everything - nothing to look forward to in the off-season except the possibility of losing Splitter with the way Pop has treated him these playoffs.

wtgspurs
05-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I do not fear the Grizzlies and i have a strong feeling that the Spurs can sweep them...

ThaBigFundamental21
05-14-2013, 01:03 PM
I do not fear the Grizzlies and i have a strong feeling that the Spurs can sweep them...

We can certainly beat them. But you are drinking to much homer kool-aid.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Memphis is superior inside and beat the Spurs just two years ago. They will be tougher than GS.

Randolph has been inconsistent this year and Memphis' shooters are spotty from long range. The Spurs of 2011 consisted of Richard Jefferson, a broken Manu, Bonner no-show, a pretty frequently outplayed George Hill, and no Leonard. 2011 is no longer relevant.

Big Empty
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
LOL you sound like a gay guy that wants to inject himself with hiv so he doenst have to worry about getting infected anymore.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
LOL you sound like a gay guy that wants to inject himself with hiv so he doenst have to worry about getting infected anymore.

Well that was highly ignorant and stereotypical.

RD2191
05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
We would destroy memphis, if we can get past the hottest shooting backcourt in the league we would have no problem with memphis. We held the Warriors to 84 in regulation on the road. That isnt an easy thing to accomplish. Memphis is ranked 27th in ppg.

Dex
05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
If you can't handle the stress, you don't have to watch the games.

rascal
05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Randolph has been inconsistent this year and Memphis' shooters are spotty from long range. The Spurs of 2011 consisted of Richard Jefferson, a broken Manu, Bonner no-show, a pretty frequently outplayed George Hill, and no Leonard. 2011 is no longer relevant.

They did it once already so they have the confidence that they could do it again. The first time climbing the hill is the hardest on a confidence level.

rascal
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I gotta believe we matchup better with memphis than golden state.

Gasol and Randolph will be a challenge. Splitter stinks.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 02:30 PM
They did it once already so they have the confidence that they could do it again. The first time climbing the hill is the hardest on a confidence level.

Not saying they can't, saying they'd be playing an entirely different Spurs team.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Stop watching and go about your summer than.

This is a very very easy solution.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
We would destroy memphis, if we can get past the hottest shooting backcourt in the league we would have no problem with memphis. We held the Warriors to 84 in regulation on the road. That isnt an easy thing to accomplish. Memphis is ranked 27th in ppg.

LOL No we would not destroy Memphis, you are seriously looking way ahead now and that would be a TOUGH CHALLENGE. Conley can sometimes play even with Tony Parker when they play, that alone is a problem. Their frontline is very big. I agree GS is a hard matchup but it gets harder by round.

spurspokesman
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=ironman2886;6561910lmaohttp://www.moviestarspicture.com/photos/jim-carrey-movies/jim-carrey-in-movie-yes-man.jpg

spurspokesman
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM

My thought exactly. Spurs struggle with speed and athleticism and do well otherwise. Memphis will be easier than GSW imo

RD2191
05-14-2013, 03:14 PM
You guys are seriously overestimating the Grizz. They beat a garbage clippers team and they're beating a westbrook-less okc team. They aren't that good.

SpurYank
05-14-2013, 03:26 PM
davidbowie, what makes you think you are a Spurs fan?

ironman2886
05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
If I'm forced to think about the next round(Spurs beat warriors obviously,) I think the 2011 shooting streak Zbo had is gone now. He absolutely killed us with that elbow, fade away jumper. It wasn't even bad defense from McDyess. Zbo is working the post, snatching up rebounds and put backs. Gasol is shooting jumpers. From what I saw in the regular season only, Duncan and Splitter outplayed the Memphis front court this year. The question is how the Spurs back court will play? TP played excellent against Memphis this year. This is the playoffs though so comparing it to what the next round would display can be wrong.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Grow a pair. Seriously.

rascal
05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Not saying they can't, saying they'd be playing an entirely different Spurs team.

It is not an entirely different team. It is more of the same team( still relying on the big three as the same main core, still run much of the same offense, still are very limited athletically, still an older team than most of who they will be playing)than an entirely different team.

Spur|n|Austin
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
davidbowie, what makes you think you are a Spurs fan?

He's obviously not, or he's uber trolling. Either way, he's a clown shoe.

Brazil
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
We would destroy memphis, .

:lmao

therealtruth
05-14-2013, 07:30 PM
If I'm forced to think about the next round(Spurs beat warriors obviously,) I think the 2011 shooting streak Zbo had is gone now. He absolutely killed us with that elbow, fade away jumper. It wasn't even bad defense from McDyess. Zbo is working the post, snatching up rebounds and put backs. Gasol is shooting jumpers. From what I saw in the regular season only, Duncan and Splitter outplayed the Memphis front court this year. The question is how the Spurs back court will play? TP played excellent against Memphis this year. This is the playoffs though so comparing it to what the next round would display can be wrong.

What's killing us right now is we haven't been able to get our frontcourt working. The Grizzlies struggled with the Clippers till they focused on working inside out more. I think we need to do the same thing. We need Splitter and Duncan to be getting double doubles to have a chance to do anything. Our backcourt simply isn't good enough.

HemisfairArena
05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Miami is gonna have big, big problems with Indiana. If we get past the Grizzlies...we could very well face the Pacers. Stern is gonna hate those ratings. Miami doesnt do well facing great front courts and the Pacers are gonna abuse them up front like the Grizz are dowing to the Thunder.

pgardn
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
i mean so we can all go about our summer. even if we get past golden state, memphis is looking great and will probably beat us.

say we make it to the finals somehow, be honest, the heat are gonna shit all over us. it'll be embarrassing. let's preserve our perfect 4-0 finals record. :toast

You might need to fall into a large hole.

Nothing personal you understand...

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 07:57 PM
:lmao
I agree on this here! It is funny.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Miami is gonna have big, big problems with Indiana. If we get past the Grizzlies...we could very well face the Pacers. Stern is gonna hate those ratings. Miami doesnt do well facing great front courts and the Pacers are gonna abuse them up front like the Grizz are dowing to the Thunder.
Yes, but we have to pass this round first. This round has been a damn war.

dunkman
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
davidbowie is a girl, if i recall right :)
GS is a very good team, since they have taken out a very good Denver team. imo, the Spurs will grind out the victory, but Memphis isn't a match for the Spurs this time around.
About the Heat, who knows. Reaching the finals means a very successful season.

The games are played for a reason. Whoever wins tonight, will go to the wcf.

LarryDavid
05-14-2013, 08:38 PM

OK

davidbowie
05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
lol at all the idiots you actually think I want the spurs to lose

HI-FI
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
i say we keep balling until we can't. no other way to find out what we're made of.

HemisfairArena
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
You made the idiotic thread and you call us stupid? LMAO

davidbowie
05-14-2013, 09:15 PM
You made the idiotic thread and you call us stupid? LMAO

Obviously this thread was tongue-in-cheek. It was a way to get people to look beyond this series and plenty of people got it. Don't blame me for your incompetence.

noles1983
05-14-2013, 10:16 PM
nm

HemisfairArena
05-14-2013, 10:27 PM
No one wants to play in your grade school games. We arent 10 years old anymore, Bowie. A tongue in cheek thread? More like a poor attempt at trying to be clever and disguise your trolling.