PDA

View Full Version : Can we blame this on Stephen Jackson?

Embedded
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Our funk seemed to start a little before he was waived. Oddly, it seemed like it got into Mr. Leonard's head, if it was bad enough for The Spurs to waive Jackson when they did, it must have been pretty bad. I think this team's chemistry took a huge hit then, of course there were injuries to Mr. Parker, Mr. Diaw, and Mr. Splitter during all of that, it was a really bad run. However, especially with Mr. Ginobili finding his 3 stroke last game, I see signs of us putting it together more than we have, even though the series is tied 2-2. I don't know how wise it is for the Coach of the Warriors to state that GOD has his hands on their team. So when things go poorly they might feel a little hopeless. This is only basketball, I think Coach Jackson should remember 1) He was caught having an affair with a stripper and texting photos of his dingaling a couple years back, and 2) Jackson posted $250,000.00 bail for a subsequently incarcerated drug kingpin. And his wife was extorted for a sex tape with R. Kelly while she was married. Dude has character baggage that doesn't fit his desired public persona. I think he should stop with the GOD IS ON MY SIDE thing and coach basketball, which he does well. But, I digress, back to the Stephen Jackson. I really wish he were here for the playoffs.

Dex
05-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Sure, why not?

ohmwrecker
05-14-2013, 12:27 PM
You guys think about this shit way too much.

KaiRMD1
05-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Mark Jackson is a character himself. Not the best coach but he's a character that guy. Never cared for him on commentary to be honest so I'm glad he's coaching instead. The rise of Steph Curry will be attributed to him though.

RD2191
05-14-2013, 12:48 PM

senorglory
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
One of my favorite all time headlines.

Bartleby
05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
But, I digress

SenorSpur
05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Jack did a disservice to both himself, and the Spurs, by melting down over the final months of the season. To his credit, he didn't allow it to affect the lockerroom or the relationships with his teammates, who, by all accounts, still revered him. The bottom line is that he wasn't playing well and apparently wasn't showing the type of veteran leadership that he seemed to pride himself on. The fact that he's no longer a part of this team has left the Spurs with a hole in the roster that apparently McGrady cannot fill. I only wish the Spurs could've gotten rid of him earlier and filled the roster spot with another player, who could be helping to contribute to the team in these playoffs.

temujin
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Stephen Jackson was the only tough guy on the team. Without him, the Spurs are soft.

cheguevara
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM

cheguevara
05-14-2013, 02:17 PM
What has he done that's makes him tough?

you gotta be blind if you don't see that Jackson brings toughness. He bangs with anyone, plays tough D, talks shit and generally is a presense. Kinda like Ron Artest. Like it or not, it's toughness. and it's necessary

James210
05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
If we still had him and he played during this series, the series would be over by now. He wouldn't have to shoot one shot, just his thuggish presence on the court would make Curry/Thompson/Barnes think twice. Now we have a clueless Gary Neal getting abused by their young studs.

cheguevara
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
He's tough because he talks shit or stairs at a bench after making a shot or gets called for techs for bitching at refs, anyone can do that. I seen several games where players were roughing up Parker and Ginobili and he did shit. All he has done is run his mouth on how he would do this or do that. Tell me when was the last time he has even delivered a hard foul on someone. Maybe on twitter he is tough.

well you must be the exception. 95 out of 100 fans agree that Jax brings toughness.

letmk
05-14-2013, 03:00 PM
well you must be the exception. 95 out of 100 fans agree that Jax brings toughness.

This is a sport with refs, not a no-rule survivor game. When Jack lost his steps and shooting touch, his supposed toughness only hurts the team. None of the bare eyes, basic stats or advanced stats supports his usefulness to the Spurs for this season.

cheguevara
05-14-2013, 03:02 PM
This is a sport with refs, not a no-rule survivor game. When Jack lost his steps and shooting touch, his supposed toughness will hurt the team. None of the bare eyes, basic stats or advanced stats supports his usefulness to the Spurs for this season.

Kevin Willis brought toughness. And he was 80 years old. You don't have to be in your prime to bring toughness.

and agree, stats don't really support how toughness helps a team. But it does

letmk
05-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Kevin Willis brought toughness. And he was 80 years old. You don't have to be in your prime to bring toughness.

"You don't have to be in your prime to bring toughness. "

In theory, you are right for saying this. However, That Willis still contributed when he was even older does not mean Jack was contributing.

cheguevara
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM

In theory, you are right for saying this. However, That Willis still contributed when he was even older does not mean Jack was contributing.

Jackson was our hardest worker last playoffs vs. OKC when everyone else pussied out. I don't see why this playoffs would be any different.

Brazil
05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Fuck Jax

rascal
05-14-2013, 04:29 PM

His so called perceived toughness was not worth his less than adequate overall play.

temujin
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM

Spur won a championship with Horry hipcheck. Classic.
Jackson went on the stands with his fellow Artest.
These guys has that crazy stare.
IF you are playing, you don't want to mess around with guys with crazy stares. Who knows what they are going to do next. Ask the beard guy about the Artest elbow.

temujin
05-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Right on cue.
Kevin Willis.