PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard ???

Pages : [1] 2

Keepin' it real
05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Ok, first of all, who the HELL is Harrison Barnes??? I'm getting tired of seeing all his shots going in. I had never heard of this guy before the playoffs started.

But based on what I'm seeing so far in this series, it looks like Harrison Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard, at least in terms of offensive game.

hooperflash
05-14-2013, 09:35 PM
So you don't watch college ball?

DMX7
05-14-2013, 09:35 PM
he was like the #1 high school recruit in the nation

Keepin' it real
05-14-2013, 09:40 PM
So you don't watch college ball?

Not since the 1980s. That's when college basketball died as far as I'm concerned. So I guess he played well in college? Nevertheless, I had never heard of him before.

txstr1986
05-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Best young small forwards in the game

1. Leonard
2. Parsons
3. Barnes

urunobili
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Best young small forwards in the game

1. Leonard
2. Parsons
3. Barnes So Paul George is already a veteran?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-14-2013, 09:48 PM
It helps that when Barnes has a mismatch... He gets the ball... When Kawhi has a mismatch we are refusing to give him the ball in the post

BatManu20
05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Ok, first of all, who the HELL is Harrison Barnes??? I'm getting tired of seeing all his shots going in. I had never heard of this guy before the playoffs started.

But based on what I'm seeing so far in this series, it looks like Harrison Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard, at least in terms of offensive game.

He was the #1 rated player in high school 2 years ago, went to North Carolina and didn't quite live up to the hype, but a lot of scouts were saying that he would be a much better pro than college player. And so far they're right.

txstr1986
05-14-2013, 09:53 PM
So Paul George is already a veteran?

My bad, I forgot about the all-star.

hater
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Kawhi is guarding the best shooting backcourt in the history of the league. Barnes is guarding a bunch of jumpshooting pussies

Keepin' it real
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
He was the #1 rated player in high school 2 years ago, went to North Carolina and didn't quite live up to the hype, but a lot of scouts were saying that he would be a much better pro than college player. And so far they're right.

Just listened to his stats on the TNT halftime. Regular season averaged 10 pts, 5 boards. In the first round, averaged 16 and 7, and now 18 and 8 against the Spurs. So it does seem like his success is a surprise.

I was hoping Barnes was not one of those scrubs who only seems to play well against the Spurs. If he's truly a good player, I can live with that.

SpursRock20
05-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Leonard is better than Barnes. Yes, Barnes is having a good series but I'd take Leonard any day of the week.

vander
05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
no, only >>

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
:lol Harrison Barnes was a 13 PER regular season player that sucked for most of the year..his playoffs PER is 13.5, his playoffs output has been average, tbh..

He's being guarded by Tony Parker, Gary Neal and Matt Bonner..naturally, he's going to have some decent moments..

If the Warriors win this series and go against Memphis, he'll have a horrible series against players of the same size, just like he did for most of the regular season..

DJR210
05-14-2013, 09:59 PM
I'd take him over Kawhi. He has a pair of balls, and is making his presence felt.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Harrison Barnes isn't better than Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward either, tbh..

Aztecfan03
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
:lmao No

Aztecfan03
05-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Landry might be better than Duncan though. ( Not really but Duncan is playing like shit)

lefty
05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Kwahi shitting on OP with a poster dunk

hooperflash
05-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Kawhi with the big...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/cc44691f0e47343526889e314bb11c73/tumblr_mewxtnLBIw1rf6xgqo1_500.gif

:lol

CGD
05-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Barnes was a lottery pick in a strongish draft, while Leonard a mid-teen pick in a poor draft. Add to that the fact that Leonard's rookie year was the lockout shortened season, and yeah Harrison Barnes is probably a better prospect than Leonard. Oh and add the fact that pop is bringing him along slowly, while Jackson is playing his rookies a lot, and yeah...

baseline bum
05-14-2013, 11:21 PM
he was like the #1 high school recruit in the nation

Yeah, he was hyped as the next Kobe but instead shot 10-18.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 11:23 PM
KL has so much more game than Pop lets him use at this point..

james evans
u don't know who harrison barnes is? him and reggie bullock were the 2 guards for carolina here. bullock went to high school here in my area. he was top 10 in the nation coming out of high school too. but he aint better than leonard. he's a better scorer, but leonard is not out there to score. leonard is a far superior defensive player.

unforeseen
I will take 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Meanwhile, Kawhi with 17 points on 8 shots and has completely erased Klay Thompson from this series..

wtgspurs
05-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't you ever try and think Harrison Barnes is better than Kawhi Leonard. He isn't half the defender KL is and Kawhi has a better offensive game in his arsenal (cannot be unleashed unless TP and TD sits) plus he shoots a higher percentage. Barnes gets easy buckets from mismatch - usually guarded by people 4-5 inches shorter than him, what else would you expect? I choose Kawhi over that homo looking scrub any day. Fuck Barnes, and delete this post.

apalisoc_9
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Kawhi Is averaging nearly 15-10 in this series and shutting down klay thompson. Barnes Is getting shots by design because that's what the spurs want.

Without klay's game 2, Kawhi is easily the best young talent on this series. Curry is 25 so I'm not going to add him on this list.

Don't be a dumbass and eat what the media wants you to believe.

jesterbobman
05-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Harrison Barnes has been far better than the advanced stats prediction on him coming out of college. Kawhi was projected as great and has delivered (Not quite as expected, better shooter than he showed in college).

Kawhi is a better player by a mile. Even David Thorpe (who relative to a lot of people doesn't like Kawhi and loves Barnes) sees Kawhi as one of the best players in the playoffs(9th in his MVP rankings a while ago), Harrison is the 4th or 5th best player on his team.

It's Kawhi by a considerable margin. Barnes is more athletic, but Kawhi is a far better player.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Barnes is a really nice player and we're watching him emerge as an NBA presence as we speak.

However, I'll take Kawhi - elite NBA defence and bball IQ, and a nice, varied offensive game that is developing all the time.

What I don't get is why we don't go to Kawhi more on offence. Against the right matchup he's great in the post, he can drive the ball, and he can even pull-up from 15 off the bounce. He should be a bigger part of the O than just standing in the corner most of the time - we should actually run some plays for him, especially when TP is sitting.

racm
05-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Barnes is a really nice player and we're watching him emerge as an NBA presence as we speak.

However, I'll take Kawhi - elite NBA defence and bball IQ, and a nice, varied offensive game that is developing all the time.

What I don't get is why we don't go to Kawhi more on offence. Against the right matchup he's great in the post, he can drive the ball, and he can even pull-up from 15 off the bounce. He should be a bigger part of the O than just standing in the corner most of the time - we should actually run some plays for him, especially when TP is sitting.

The only reason he's getting more shots is when the Big 3 sit.

Also, Barnes got his points being guarded by Parker and Green. Leonard was too busy only missing one shot and making Klay Thompson his bitch.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-14-2013, 11:35 PM
diffrence tonight was his shot was finnaly back...lets hope it stays like that...his D on thompson was awesome and has been for the last 3 games

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Gary Neal and Matt Bonner checking you throughout the game has the tendency to make you look good. Since Barnes is a decent player, he looks like Lebron against them.

racm
05-14-2013, 11:37 PM
I think the plan was to let Barnes get his while shutting down Curry and Thompson.

DarrinS
05-14-2013, 11:42 PM
We'd all love Barnes in a Spurs jersey, tbh

8FOR!3
05-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Kawhi's the better player, but I don't get the Barnes hate. He's out there balling in the playoffs as a rookie good for him.

chapnis
05-14-2013, 11:43 PM
We'd all love Barnes in a Spurs jersey, tbh

Hell yeah, more than Kawhi? No. But he's a heck of a player regardless.

DarrinS
05-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Gary Neal and Matt Bonner checking you throughout the game has the tendency to make you look good. Since Barnes is a decent player, he looks like Lebron against them.

And there's this, but I think Barnes has a bright future.

milkyway21
05-14-2013, 11:46 PM
When Kawhi Leonard is in transition, he's not just looking for two points. He's looking for a loud two points.

In Game 5, Harrison Barnes found that out the hard way.

Heads up, Harrison.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22244632/video-kawhi-leonard-posters-harrison-barnes

Richie
05-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Kawhi doesn't get much burn on the offensive end, but Barnes looks pretty decent offensively. Kawhi is clearly the better defender though.

Chinook
05-14-2013, 11:48 PM
No, but he's not a bad player at all.

Parsons, Kawhi, George, Butler and Barnes: the small-forward position is in for some strong years, even after James and Durant fade.

xellos88330
05-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Barnes is taking advantage of mismatches. Leonard is playing within a system. I am sure that Leonard will post bigger numbers if he played to his advantages, but the system just doesn't allow it unless he is matched up against a point guard.

james evans
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
When Kawhi Leonard is in transition, he's not just looking for two points. He's looking for a loud two points.

In Game 5, Harrison Barnes found that out the hard way.

Heads up, Harrison.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22244632/video-kawhi-leonard-posters-harrison-barnes
that was actually a foul too. it was a good no call cuz bball is a physical sport, but if durant, lebron, kobe had that contact on a dunk, it's a foul all day. there is no consistency in nba officiating.

milkyway21
05-14-2013, 11:57 PM
that was actually a foul too. it was a good no call cuz bball is a physical sport, but if durant, lebron, kobe had that contact on a dunk, it's a foul all day. there is no consistency in nba officiating.

CBS IS FAN OF LEONARD :D
writes so may articles about him..IMO

cool vid Leonard posters Barnes

mercos
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Basketball is played on both ends of the court. Barnes isn't in Leonard's league defensively. On offense, Barnes has been scoring against the Spurs weakest defenders or guys he towers over. Kawhi's offense has been up and down this series, but he has played elite defense on Thompson the past three games. Thompson didn't even get off a three for the first time this season tonight.

Kool Bob Love
05-15-2013, 12:23 AM
@ESPNStatsInfo (https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/334515949195649025): Harrison Barnes is 1st player in NBA history to score 25 Pts in consecutive playoff games after never scoring 25 in any career game. (Elias)

Josh810
05-15-2013, 12:30 AM
I'd take him over Kawhi. He has a pair of balls, and is making his presence felt.God.

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I think the plan was to let Barnes get his while shutting down Curry and Thompson.

It's a smart game plan that could have saved us a few playoff exits. That is letting one player score but controlling everyone else.

ivanfromwestwood
05-15-2013, 04:52 AM
He's getting the amare treatment. Remember when pop let him average like 35pts per game in 05. Shut everyone else down.

siraulo23
05-15-2013, 05:54 AM
if only kawhi gets the ball everytime he has curry/jack... it seems only manu recognizes that mismatch tbh...

letmk
05-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Barnes has to work hard and long for his points, like post-up on smaller guys. But when Curry and Thompson are hot with catch-and-shoot, it's bang-bang-bang 3 pointers. They can give the Warriors 12+ points in 2 minutes.

Solid D
05-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Without the defense of Kawhi and Danny, the Spurs don't win Game 5.

Barnes is a very good offensive player.

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Barnes is a fucking scrub who owns scrubs like Neal and Bonner on offense tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-15-2013, 10:16 AM
KL is way too chill. It seems like he's always stoned

Tim should have to regulate him into toning down his act and playing more team ball. But no it's the opposite. Getting kawhi to step up is like pulling teeth with this guy. He is way too happy being the fourth best player and his baby steps in development is very frustrating. He could learn a ton from Barnes (who has done dirty dirty unnatural things to embarrass KL in this series)

So yes Barnes is twice the player KL is. KL has Developed less in two seasons then Barnes has in one series

sexinthatsx
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
The only person with the last name of Barnes I'd like to see on the Spurs team goes by the name of Matt Barnes, and that's about it, thnx kk thnx.

slick'81
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
It helps that when Barnes has a mismatch... He gets the ball... When Kawhi has a mismatch we are refusing to give him the ball in the post

No doubt I hate cn kawhai call for the ball in the post only to get ignored

DMC
05-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Kawhi is guarding the best shooting backcourt in the history of the league. Barnes is guarding a bunch of jumpshooting pussies

lol

lmbebo
05-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Barnes is a solid player. Not the best on the defensive end, but average. He's a rookie, still learning his offensive game. I think its more polished than KL at the moment.

Give him a break, see where his career goes in 3-5 years. I think he would be a good starting SF on most teams. I like him.

capek
05-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Barnes is taking advantage of mismatches. Leonard is playing within a system. I am sure that Leonard will post bigger numbers if he played to his advantages, but the system just doesn't allow it unless he is matched up against a point guard.

That's the only answer to give here. Leonard could put up bigger numbers if he wasn't on a team that had a system that required players to play within their predetermined roles. This limits somebody like Kawhi, who is not one of the first 3 options. Barnes, on the other hand, is free to just play ball; he's playing great, but it's no indication that he's better than Leonard.

Raven
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM
he's playing mostly against tony parker, the size advantage is huge, so it's not really telling about Barnes's ability. Simply put, Pop is fine with Barnes and Jack making shots if he can get Curry and Thompson out of the game, and I think he is right about that.

hater
05-15-2013, 04:13 PM
I was just quotin black preacha :lol

emanueldavidginobili
05-15-2013, 06:38 PM
If you think Barnes is a scrub you're a hater. He has alot of potential and is a very confident player he's a rookie and his first playoffs and he's playing his best basketball in the playoffs, the kid is 20 years old..

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Barnes is no scrub, but comparing him and Kawhi in this series would be wrong. They aren't guarding each other enough to gauge who is better.

Arcadian
05-15-2013, 06:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYfpnacndWg

...No.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Harrison Barnes has basically had a mismatch the whole series to his advantage, as our best perimeter defenders (Leonard, Green) are guarding Curry and Thompson. That said, he's a promising solid player, I'd take him on my team any day.

jbspurs
05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Barnes I think is a little better offensively. But, Kawai is a lot better on rebound, hustle, defense and can score too. I say, overall Kawai is a greater player!

I need 5
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
We are guarding Barnes with Neal, Parker, Green and Ginobli. All of these players are much smaller so he should be doing exactly what he is doing.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 09:38 PM
He's shooting 44% from the field against substantially undersized opponents, tbh:lol..

Harrison Barnes isn't shit, tbh..I feel bad for him, because this series is going to unjustly give him more hype than he had during the regular season and more than he should ever have, but he won't be able to live up to it..

Kulo
05-15-2013, 10:04 PM
This is homer central :lol
The dude is a rookie for crying out loud, that said KL is better at the moment and in a better system.

Stabula
05-15-2013, 10:10 PM
They are not the best shooting backcourt of all time.

Fuck Mark Jackson's arrogant ass. Splash brothers have been belly flopping since game 3.

racm
05-15-2013, 10:15 PM
It's a smart game plan that could have saved us a few playoff exits. That is letting one player score but controlling everyone else.

The problem was that until recently Manu was the team's best perimeter defender and he also had to facilitate on offense.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-15-2013, 11:55 PM
The only reason he's getting more shots is when the Big 3 sit.

Also, Barnes got his points being guarded by Parker and Green. Leonard was too busy only missing one shot and making Klay Thompson his bitch.

Although he's not a creator yet, I'd argue that Kawhi is almost a better scorer than Manu at this point in their respective careers. I am not arguing that we should run every play for Leonard, or that he is the creator that Manu is, but I am very surprised that Pop doesn't actually run a few post-up, pnr or iso sets for Kawhi. Sure, Kawhi gets to go into the post when he has a clear matchup advantage, and that's good basketball, but I think when the team is sputtering they should go to Kawhi to score more often. I'm sure we'll see this next year, but I'd certainly be using it as a surprise against the Grizzlies too.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Barnes showed flashes of greatness last series against Denver, this series he's been consistently good. Barnes has a much higher ceiling then Leonard & so far in the playoffs when it matters most has been the much better player. I think we overrate Kawhi, he's so passive, has a below average jump shot & settles too much. His defense is defiantly great tho.

Sean Cagney
05-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Leonard is better than Barnes. Yes, Barnes is having a good series but I'd take Leonard any day of the week.

I would too for upside he has but Barnes is showing he is a VERY GOOD player.

Aztecfan03
05-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Barnes showed flashes of greatness last series against Denver, this series he's been consistently good. Barnes has a much higher ceiling then Leonard & so far in the playoffs when it matters most has been the much better player. I think we overrate Kawhi, he's so passive, has a below average jump shot & settles too much. His defense is defiantly great tho.

no.

superbigtime
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM
I'd take Parsons over Barnes and maybe even Kawhi.

mudyez
05-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Barnes' best case scenario: Kevin Durant

Barnes' best worst scenario: Yi Jianlian

Leonard's best case scenario: LeBron James

Leonard's worst case scenario: Harrison Barnes

SpursRock20
05-16-2013, 01:00 PM
I would too for upside he has but Barnes is showing he is a VERY GOOD player.

True that. But I'd also like to point out that if Leonard would take as many shots as Barnes has, Leonard would have better production.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2013, 10:10 PM
:lol..

apalisoc_9
06-21-2013, 08:40 AM
:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol: lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao: lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 08:41 AM
STUPID THREAD

IS STUPID

lefty
06-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Bump :lol

cjw
06-10-2014, 10:42 PM
But but GS won't give him up in any trade! Not even for KLove!

Malik Hairston
11-08-2014, 11:55 PM
:lol Spurs fans..

Why do Spurs fans turn on Kawhi every time he has a slump, tbh?(even when it's due to injury/rust, like the current slump)..

Shit, I posted more than anybody in this thread and tried to talk some sense, but still, these "fans" wanted a massive scrub like Harrison Barnes:lmao..

Malik Hairston
11-08-2014, 11:58 PM
KL is way too chill. It seems like he's always stoned

Tim should have to regulate him into toning down his act and playing more team ball. But no it's the opposite. Getting kawhi to step up is like pulling teeth with this guy. He is way too happy being the fourth best player and his baby steps in development is very frustrating. He could learn a ton from Barnes (who has done dirty dirty unnatural things to embarrass KL in this series)

So yes Barnes is twice the player KL is. KL has Developed less in two seasons then Barnes has in one series

Hey man, I like your takes, do you have a blog or something, tbh?..

apalisoc_9
11-08-2014, 11:59 PM
^

Wow, someone needs to do a Rob Dyke like video of Why would you put that on the internet Sports Edition...

:lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Harrison Barnes is starting on a undefeated team... Kawhi is struggling to shoot over 30%

Clipper Nation
11-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Kawhi won a Finals MVP going up against a superstar player at his position... Harrison Barnes has done what exactly in this league?

ElNono
11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Kawhi won a Finals MVP going up against a superstar player at his position... Harrison Barnes has done what exactly in this league?

Harrison Barnes is starting on a undefeated team in November, tbh

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Clippers fan questioning someone's accomplishments? This is too easy :lol

Malik Hairston
11-09-2014, 12:04 AM
I didn't even know Harrison Barnes still plays for the Warriors, tbh:lol..

I thought he was in Europe or something..

DarrinS
11-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Harrison Barnes is starting on a undefeated team... Kawhi is struggling to shoot over 30%

Kawhi is the reigning Finals MVP. But these November basketball stats are important.

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Kawhi is the reigning Finals MVP. But these November basketball stats are important.

Kawhi wants Max after a stellar 12ppg. If he wants Max, hes getting the star expectations

DarrinS
11-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Kawhi wants Max after a stellar 12ppg. If he wants Max, hes getting the star expectations

But but but, Harrison Barnes starts on an undefeated team.

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:09 AM
But but but, Harrison Barnes starts on an undefeated team.

There you go! Don't forget the 26fg% too

apalisoc_9
11-09-2014, 12:12 AM

I know you are trying your best to keep your schtick, but Chinook, Harlem, Mel and a bunch of other Contract experts have stated numerous times that Kawhi is getting the max contract...I don't even think it matters if he averages 12ppg this year or 45ppg..He is getting the max. Just deal with it bro.

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I know you are trying your best to keep your schtick, but Chinook, Harlem, Mel and a bunch of other Contract experts have stated numerous times that Kawhi is getting the max contract...I don't even think it matters if he averages 12ppg this year or 45ppg..He is getting the max. Just deal with it bro.

Is he getting it from the Spurs? I don't think so. IMO

apalisoc_9
11-09-2014, 12:18 AM

when you're not trolling, you've got a good eye for the game...

But yes he will be getting it from the spurs as stated numerous times by some of the better basketball posters in this site..I hold this opinion as well

The change in cap allows the spurs to pay kawhi the max and still potentially sign a superstar and keep the guys around...Not just the max extension but the max contract..So don't get a heart attack when he is making 18 to 22 million dollars a year...

ElNono
11-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I don't think Kawhi is worth the max right now, tbh... but unfortunately, neither the Spurs or internet fans will set the price tag, and unless there's something serious going on with his vision, the Spurs would be silly not to match...

wildchild
11-09-2014, 12:21 AM

Sure not!
Just trade Kawhi! For Barnes!
Obviously Harrison would have guarded Lebron and would have won the FMVP and the ship for us.

Please, please, Spurs trade Kawhi! I can't wait to see him against our wings in playoffs.

SnakeBoy
11-09-2014, 12:25 AM
I don't think Kawhi is worth the max right now, tbh... but unfortunately, neither the Spurs or internet fans will set the price tag, and unless there's something serious going on with his vision, the Spurs would be silly not to match...

Postgame Kawhi said full vision hasn't returned to his right eye. He didn't sound worried about it, probably just needs time.

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Sure not!
Just trade Kawhi! For Barnes!
Obviously Harrison would have guarded Lebron and would have won the FMVP and the ship for us.

Please, please, Spurs trade Kawhi! I can't wait to see him against our wings in playoffs.

Kawhi > Barnes

Im just saying, this dude wants 1st option on a team money... If Spurs waste their cap on one player, we'll be the Lakers soon

wildchild
11-09-2014, 12:29 AM
I don't think Kawhi is worth the max right now, tbh...
Right now...after four games of the season.

unless there's something serious going on with his vision
I'm concerned, more after Sean's comment.

ElNono
11-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Postgame Kawhi said full vision hasn't returned to his right eye. He didn't sound worried about it, probably just needs time.

Yeah, I heard... regardless, I don't think he's worth the max right now... I like him, I think he has a great future... I'm rooting for him. The Spurs will end up paying whatever it takes, so that's gonna be that.

ElNono
11-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Right now...after four games of the season.

No. Coming into the season, in a vacuum, I didn't think he was worth it, considering his level of development at this time. It doesn't matter though, if any team thinks he's worth the max, the Spurs will match.

wildchild
11-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Im just saying, this dude wants 1st option on a team money... If Spurs waste their cap on one player, we'll be the Lakers soon

No, you're not saying that...you say he's not a max player. And he is, the market'll say that.
And just for the record, another max player scored 5 points against us in his opener game this season.

apalisoc_9
11-09-2014, 12:39 AM
No, you're not saying that...you say he's not a max player. And he is, the market'll say that.
And just for the record, another max player scored 5 points against us in his opener game this season.

Chandler didn't get the paid the max..

I Also think there's a huge difference between extension and contract..Kawhi is prime to get the later..which is where the big money is.

wildchild
11-09-2014, 12:43 AM
No. Coming into the season, in a vacuum, I didn't think he was worth it, considering his level of development at this time.
I think his level of development is related to low playing time, lack of offensives opportunities, the Big 3 above him getting all looks, etc, but we'll see.

ElNono
11-09-2014, 12:45 AM
I think his level of development is related to low playing time, lack of offensives opportunities, the Big 3 above him getting all looks, etc, but we'll see.

it's possible.

Hoops Czar
11-09-2014, 12:47 AM

Then, where's his cane or seeing eye dog? Spurs players don't normally make excuses but, since when does Pop play players less than 100% this early in the season?

Hoops Czar
11-09-2014, 12:49 AM

It's convenient.

wildchild
11-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Then, where's his cane or seeing eye dog? Spurs players don't normally make excuses but, since when does Pop play players less than 100% this early in the season?

Since the team lost three players and the rest is older than shi...the Atari.

rasuo214
11-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Kawhi > Barnes

Klay Thompson just got the max and he isn't a 1st option and his offense is why he got paid. You don't need to be a 1st option to be a max player. The Spurs will be the Lakers soon if they don't replenish their losses. I'm not sure why Spurs fans are so concerned about cap space. When was the last time the Spurs signed a major impact max player via FA? If they're going to maintain success it'll be via the draft and smaller FA acquisitions.

mkurts
11-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Barnes better than Kawhi ? What a shit take OP

apalisoc_9
04-08-2015, 06:11 PM

dabom
04-08-2015, 06:21 PM

You such a faggot tbh. :lmao

dabom
04-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Has Joe ever been fucking right? :lmao

SupremeGuy
04-08-2015, 06:30 PM
So is TGY just a HC alt? They both have horrible takes on nearly everything. They're both faggots. They're both cleveland fans. Etc.

SupremeGuy
04-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Has Joe ever been fucking right? :lmaoJust about his crush being too busy sucking her asshole boyfriend's dick to ever pay any attention to him, tbh.

dabom
04-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Just about his crush being too busy sucking her asshole boyfriend's dick to ever pay any attention to him, tbh.

dabom
04-08-2015, 07:15 PM
So is TGY just a HC alt? They both have horrible takes on nearly everything. They're both faggots. They're both cleveland fans. Etc.

Might be the same person tbh. lol

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Will Harrison Barnes let Lebron average a triple double like our boy did? Tbh

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-27-2015, 04:12 PM

The current year DPOY and prior year Finals MVP who still has untapped potential probably is worth a max deal. Not sure what all the fuss is about. He's worth it, he'll get it.

You are almost acting like you're the guy scratching the check.

dabom
05-28-2015, 08:23 PM
The current year DPOY and prior year Finals MVP who still has untapped potential probably is worth a max deal. Not sure what all the fuss is about. He's worth it, he'll get it.

You are almost acting like you're the guy scratching the check.

Nah man. Kawhi is a role player. Never won nothing. Never done nothing in the playoffs. Not a lebron stopper. That guy from the bulls is. Kawhi is not the future. He can't draw double teams.

Venti Quattro
05-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Harrison Barnes won't win a FMVP or DPOY but he is very important if the Dubs want to win the NBA championship. That, he could win.

dabom
05-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Harrison Barnes won't win a FMVP or DPOY but he is very important if the Dubs want to win the NBA championship. That, he could win.

I heard our water boy was on point last year. Should have never replaced him. :lmao

DMC
05-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Will Harrison Barnes let Lebron average a triple double like our boy did? Tbh
Won't matter if Barnes can walk away a champion with the finals MVP, like our boy did.

hater
05-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Man it would have been nice to see the matchup tbh. Instead Kawhi goes ahead and gets shitted on by matt Barnes.

PhoenixSpursFan
05-31-2015, 03:48 AM
Stupidest post in history of forum

PhoenixSpursFan
05-31-2015, 03:50 AM
Nah man. Kawhi is a role player. Never won nothing. Never done nothing in the playoffs. Not a lebron stopper. That guy from the bulls is. Kawhi is not the future. He can't draw double teams.

Role player??

PhoenixSpursFan
05-31-2015, 03:51 AM

Your a role poster

Agloco
05-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Role player??

Your a role poster

Blue text tbh.

Silver&Black
05-31-2015, 09:43 AM
Stupidest post in history of forum

Role player??

Your a role poster

Not familiar with the blue font I see....

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2015, 11:03 AM
FIFY

dabom
05-31-2015, 04:04 PM
If the blue font wasn't a dead giveaway. Llol

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Your a role poster

LOL @ the irony

TheCerebral1
06-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Whoever truly thinks that Harrison Barnes is better than Leonard, must be so gone from smoking hash, that their eyelids got stapled shut.

look_at_g_shred
06-04-2015, 10:12 PM
37 for James and counting

loveforthegame
06-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Lebron shitting all over Barnes, Thompson, Green, and Iggy. :lol

Keepin' it real
06-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Why is this thread still being bumped? :bang

This was from two years ago.
I asked a question with incredulity (see the three carets and three question marks???) because Barnes was playing as well as or better than Leonard for most of the series, especially the night I asked the question. Look up the box scores if you don't remember.

The original thread is below. Move on ...

jermaine
06-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Lebron shitting all over Barnes, Thompson, Green, and Iggy. :lol

An they will all end up with a ring... Labron scoring 44 is a win for GS. Means no one else is involved or heating up.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2015, 11:52 PM
2014 NBA Finals Game 2:
Kawhi Leonard - 9pts, 2reb, 3/9 shooting

2015 NBA Finals Game 2:
Harrison Barnes - 11pts, 6reb, 5/10 shooting

Clipper Nation
06-08-2015, 12:09 AM
2014 NBA Finals Game 2:

2015 NBA Finals Game 2:

2014 NBA Finals:
Kawhi - Finals MVP, champion

2015 NBA Finals:
Barnes - losing at home to a D-League team

wildchild
06-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Whoever truly thinks that Harrison Barnes is better than Leonard, must be so gone from smoking hash, that their eyelids got stapled shut.

Agreed. :tu

Another year that TGY didn't complete the program...his time in rehab was a joke, he never stayed clean.

Malik Hairston
06-08-2015, 12:39 AM
:lol Barnes a non-factor in the series, so far, and has been terrible on defense..

Last time Lebron carried a team to a game 2 win in the Finals after losing game 1, a nigga named Kawhi Leonard took over the entire series and won it for his team..maybe Barnes can do the same, we'll see..

Nathan89
06-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Would've been nice to see Kawhi shutting down Curry in a series. Kawhi is perfect to guard that not so athletic careless dribbler. Kawhi could've very easily been back2back fmvp this year.

Raven
06-08-2015, 01:45 AM
Would've been nice to see Kawhi shutting down Curry in a series. Kawhi is perfect to guard that not so athletic careless dribbler. Kawhi could've very easily been back2back fmvp this year.

not really, that's LDN's job

exstatic
06-08-2015, 07:16 AM
not really, that's LDN's job

You miss that last GS game? Kawhi took his lunch money, 7 times.

cjw
06-08-2015, 12:12 PM
You miss that last GS game? Kawhi took his lunch money, 7 times.

GS lives and dies off turnovers. Feels like every run they go on is propelled by open court turnovers, while at the same time Curry is really careless with the ball. 3.8 turnovers per game in the playoffs and 5 per game in the finals...

timtonymanu
06-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Game 3 stats:

(2015) Harrison Barnes, 0 points (0-8), 3 rebs, 3 TOs, -10

(2014) Kawhi Leonard, 29 points (10-13), 4 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals, +19

:hat Det Finals MVP.

RD2191
06-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Game 3 stats:

:lolkawhi haters
:lolthegreatshit

RD2191
06-09-2015, 10:54 PM
2014 NBA Finals Game 2:

2015 NBA Finals Game 2:

Game 3 stats:

SUCK IT LONG AND HARD THEGREATSHIT

lefty
06-09-2015, 10:55 PM

TheGreatPhaggot
OP

ohmwrecker
06-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Barnes would be a good backup for Kawhi.

rasuo214
06-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Kawhi 29 points in game 3, Barnes 22 points in the first 3 games.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2015, 11:14 PM
:lol What I meant was....

Matt Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard

rasuo214
06-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Kawhi 1 DPOY > Barnes 0 DPOY
Kawhi 1 FMVP > Barnes 0 FMVP
Kawhi 1 Championship > Barnes 0 Championships.
Kawhi reached the finals twice > Barnes never been to the finals

Kawhi did all that before turning 24, Barnes at the same age didn't even debut in the NBA yet.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
:lol What I meant was....

Matt Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard
:lol TheFatShit

Answer the question, faggot: are you Scott or Joe?

hater
06-10-2015, 12:55 PM

Me with da goodz

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2015, 02:35 PM
:lol TheFatShit

Answer the question, faggot: are you Scott or Joe?
Only fat fuck in here is robdiaz

Answer the question, faggot: do you let Harlem live rent-free in you?

Clipper Nation
06-10-2015, 03:10 PM

No. Are you Scott or Joe?

RD2191
06-10-2015, 04:35 PM

Lol, I'm 6'1 185, scrub. How fat are you?

TheGreatYacht
06-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Bump.

lol outplayed by Matt barnes

apalisoc_9
08-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Harrison Barnes :lmao

spursistan
03-20-2016, 02:08 AM
Deserved BUMP for this all-time shitty take.....

Getting abused by a fat ass Diaw who's been MIA for 3 months :lol ...less impact on game than other end of bench Warriors players. I can't wait to see the dumb ass GM who is going to give this guy a max...

Nathan89
03-20-2016, 02:10 AM
Deserved BUMP for this all-time shitty take.....

Getting abused by a fat ass Diaw who's been MIA for 3 months :lol ...less impact on game than other end of bench guys Warriors. I can't wait to see the dumb ass GM who is going to give this guy a max...

Brandon Rush face when this scrub gets a max:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:11 AM
I refuse to believe a team will max him, but it'll probably happen..

He doesn't do anything at a high level outside of shooting open 3s, tbh..not a good defensive player, can only create his own shot on mismatches, no playmaking ability..there's literally nothing impressive about him and you don't even notice him on the floor most of the time..

dabom
03-20-2016, 02:13 AM

He doesn't do anything at a high level outside of shooting open 3s, tbh..not a good defensive player, can only create his own shot on mismatches, no playmaking ability..there's literally nothing impressive about him and you don't even notice him on the floor most of the time..

What do they use him for anyways? Undersized powerforward? :lol

Nathan89
03-20-2016, 02:15 AM

He's just a spot up 3pt shooter as well. It's not like he disrupting the defense by running around screens.

He definitely shouldn't get a max but that has been the presumption for awhile now at least on the internet.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:16 AM
What do they use him for anyways? Undersized powerforward? :lol

Shoots open 3s and defends decently in small-ball lineups..somehow, some GMs think that's worth a max deal:lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Decent shooter, above average defender, can post up a little and create his own shot a little - that's enough for $100+ mil in the new NBA environment. He'll get paid more than Leonard.

Robz4000
03-20-2016, 04:25 AM

Sounds like a certain current Laker set to retire...

TheGreatYacht
04-08-2016, 12:06 AM
:wow

timtonymanu
04-08-2016, 12:07 AM
:lmao must be great when you have Curry, Thompson, Iggy, and Draymond taking the pressure off you.

Benoit
04-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Harrison is having a bad season and were still going to break the record for wins :rollin

imagine if he gets going for the post-season

TheGreatYacht
04-08-2016, 12:12 AM
Harrison is having a bad season and were still going to break the record for wins :rollin

imagine if he gets going for the post-season
He was being guarded by Kawhi, same dude who got cucked by Ingles

Benoit
04-08-2016, 12:12 AM
He was being guarded by Kawhi, same dude who got cucked by Ingles

going to be embarrrassing if he wins dpoy again

TheGreatYacht
04-08-2016, 12:14 AM
going to be embarrrassing if he wins dpoy again
Yup

timtonymanu
06-13-2016, 10:45 PM
:lol 2-14 tonight, kept the Cavs in this.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2016, 10:47 PM
:lol classic..

He's having one of the worst playoff runs from a starter in recent history, tbh..

ViceCity86
06-13-2016, 10:48 PM

spursistan
06-13-2016, 10:53 PM

Nathan89
06-13-2016, 10:54 PM
Comparing a top 10 player to a role player.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Comparing a top 10 player to a role player.

A shitty role player, too:lol

resistanze
06-13-2016, 11:15 PM
:lol Turned down $64 million

spursistan
06-14-2016, 02:28 AM

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 04:25 AM

Will still get 80 mill, so the joke is on you.:lol

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 08:32 AM
:pop: Seems like he's gotten over himself. Where's Danny?

tholdren
06-15-2016, 07:04 PM
:lmao must be great when you have tp, Td, manu, and danny taking the pressure off you.

RD2191
06-16-2016, 09:39 PM

RD2191
06-16-2016, 09:40 PM
:lmao :lmao

timtonymanu
06-16-2016, 09:57 PM
:lol 0-8 so far

spursistan
06-16-2016, 10:48 PM
:lmao :lmao "max player"

siraulo23
06-16-2016, 10:58 PM
This dude is an nba pro and cant hit practice jumpshots :lol

he couldnt be more open on these shots

siraulo23
06-16-2016, 10:58 PM
Dude turned into tony allen all of a sudden wtf? Head scratcher

Mr. Body
06-16-2016, 11:03 PM

Carolina dudes. Generally overrated.

Nathan89
06-17-2016, 12:17 AM

Will still get 80 mill, so the joke is on you.:lol

Agreed. He can force the Warriors to pay him well over $64 million. They don't want break up a team this stacked. Other teams will offer more than that as well.

Nathan89
06-17-2016, 12:20 AM

Some of the GSW players are front runners tbh. They usually are significantly better than the competition so they can shoot with all the confidence in the world. Now that every shot seem important Barnes is bricking and Draymond is passing up shots like Diaw.

resistanze
06-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Agreed. He can force the Warriors to pay him well over $64 million. They don't want break up a team this stacked. Other teams will offer more than that as well.

Or...they can just replace him. He's without doubt the least impactful starter on the team.

People have bought into the myth of Harrison Barnes WAY too much...

Kawhitstorm
06-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Or...they can just replace him. He's without doubt the least impactful starter on the team.

People have bought into the myth of Harrison Barnes WAY too much...

They need a big wing like Barnes who can guard PFs for the "Death Lineup" to work. Marvin Williams could be an option but dude was worse than Barnes in the playoffs as far as shooting the rock.:lol

spursistan
06-17-2016, 09:44 PM

Coach Nick embarrassing himself :lol..

spursistan
06-17-2016, 09:47 PM

SAGirl
06-17-2016, 09:58 PM
:lmao Nice find ^^

SpursFan86
06-17-2016, 10:00 PM

Coach Nick embarrassing himself :lol..

I mean to be fair, he was one of the most hyped players of his high school class and he had some pretty nice moments in the playoffs of his rookie year (and those tweets are from May, so I'm assuming that's what sparked them). Obviously it looks bad now, but I don't think it's embarrassing for someone to have predicted he'd be an all-star in a few years back in 2013.

edit: errr, just saw your next post...nevermind, that is pretty embarrassing :lol

Budkin
06-18-2016, 01:18 AM

look_at_g_shred
06-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Uhh..no

CGD
06-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Costing himself money this offseason

tholdren
06-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Only KL fans would mock a player in the finals when your boy got bounced rd 2. sad

bic50
06-19-2016, 04:46 AM
Only KL fans would mock a player in the finals when your boy got bounced rd 2. sad

Only a dumb bitch would continually mock one of the best players on their own team while licking jimmer ass who can barely stay in the league. Sad

tholdren
06-19-2016, 07:55 AM
Only a dumb bitch would continually mock one of the best players on their own team while licking jimmer ass who can barely stay in the league. Sad
UMAD? Doesn't matter if the best is not good enough, tbh. And Spurs needed exactly what I said they would need - a scorer/slasher. The spurs lost, exactly why I said they would lose - scoring drought.

Spurtacular
06-19-2016, 11:36 PM
I have not looked at one box score this series. HB didn't seem like anything special at all. But he's basically the fifth option, so it's open threes all the time for him 'til he knocks two or three down; even then.

Spurtacular
06-19-2016, 11:37 PM
UMAD? Doesn't matter if the best is not good enough, tbh. And Spurs needed exactly what I said they would need - a scorer/slasher. The spurs lost, exactly why I said they would lose - scoring drought.

Could've used Jimmer's shooting, tbh. Even if they just used him as a spark plug.

hooperflash
08-22-2016, 04:46 AM
Duplicate post.

hooperflash
08-22-2016, 04:49 AM
Twitter roasting Barnes.

http://clutchpoints.com/twitter-reacts-latest-harrison-barnes-sighting-olympics/

http://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/harrison-barnes.jpg

TheGreatYacht
08-22-2016, 10:31 AM
At least he represented his country, unlike roleplayerwhi

cjw
08-22-2016, 04:34 PM

Guarantee you Kawhi spent more time in the gym throughout the Olympics than any one player on Team USA.

Why go play meaningless basketball in an event with a foregone conclusion when you can work all summer to get better?

Diego20
08-22-2016, 04:39 PM

the irony:lol

Hoops Czar
08-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Guarantee you Kawhi spent more time in the gym throughout the Olympics than any one player on Team USA.

Why go play meaningless basketball in an event with a foregone conclusion when you can work all summer to get better?

Are you sure? I thought he was attending to personal matters. He sure as hell couldn't be bothered when the Spurs were courting Durant.

About the meaningless basketball quote... I think it's an honor and privilege to play for your country in the Olympics. It's not something that should be taken for granted and players from other countries know and understand this. It's not about who's going to win, it's about representing the Stars and Stripes. It's one of the reasons why I don't get on TP and Ginobili for representing their respective countries in the Olympics even though they should be taking the Summers off to rest and recover from the previous season. Leonard is only 25 and if he was going to partake in the Olympic games, this would have been the perfect year to do it.

dabom
08-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Would it be fair to have Kawhi on Enrique? :lol

cjw
08-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Are you sure? I thought he was attending to personal matters. He sure as hell couldn't be bothered when the Spurs were courting Durant.

About the meaningless basketball quote... I think it's an honor and privilege to play for your country in the Olympics. It's not something that should be taken for granted and players from other countries know and understand this. It's not about who's going to win, it's about representing the Stars and Stripes. It's one of the reasons why I don't get on TP and Ginobili for representing their respective countries in the Olympics even though they should be taking the Summers off to rest and recover from the previous season. Leonard is only 25 and if he was going to partake in the Olympic games, this would have been the perfect year to do it.

The guy has played into June in three of his seasons and early-mid May in the other two. Give him a break. Guys like Boogie, Melo, etc. have had a little more free time. Curry, Lebron and Westbrook all took time off. Durant needed to save face, George needed redemption.

It's an honor to represent America in an individual sport, not in a sport where your team is so stacked that it would be an embarrassment to lose. Or to overcome tremendous odds and beat America (which is why the foreign guys always play).

And on the personal matter, maybe he's playing it safe with girlfriend pregnant? Maybe as simple as that.

But to doubt he's been hitting up the gym knowing his work ethic is silly. The guys at the olympics spent half their time in Rio accidentally going to brothels (or just once) and cheering on beach volleyball and swimming.

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 08:29 PM
the irony:lol

Hoops Czar
08-22-2016, 11:13 PM
The guy has played into June in three of his seasons and early-mid May in the other two. Give him a break. Guys like Boogie, Melo, etc. have had a little more free time. Curry, Lebron and Westbrook all took time off. Durant needed to save face, George needed redemption.

To be fair, Kawhi hasn't played past May 12th since 2014. Yet, Klay, Draymond and Kyrie have played into June the last two seasons. Kawhi is roughly the same age as the before mentioned so if he was going to partake in the Olympics, this would have been the perfect year to do so because he's young and is body can handle the excessive workload.

It's an honor to represent America in an individual sport, not in a sport where your team is so stacked that it would be an embarrassment to lose. Or to overcome tremendous odds and beat America (which is why the foreign guys always play).

If you asked 99% of foreign basketball players, they'd tell you straight faced, the field is playing for silver and bronze because team USA is winning gold. I don't know any athlete who joins his country's Olympic team for the sole purpose of beating team USA. I have no idea what you're implying with the bolded.

And on the personal matter, maybe he's playing it safe with girlfriend pregnant? Maybe as simple as that.

But to doubt he's been hitting up the gym knowing his work ethic is silly. The guys at the Olympics spent half their time in Rio accidentally going to brothels (or just once) and cheering on beach volleyball and swimming.

This is very true if you're referring to him skipping out on Rio because of his pregnant girlfriend, but that's no excuse for him to miss out on the Durant meeting because his girlfriend's due to have a baby sometime in July. :lol Ever hear of a cell phone? I have little doubt that he's hitting the gym hard and I don't question his work ethic. However, his personality is starting to rub me the wrong way.... turning down daughters, missing the biggest recruitment meeting of the summer, etc. This is a put up or shut up year for him. It's not about regular season stat padding, it's about getting the Spurs back to the Western Conference finals. There's no shame in losing to the Warriors but, it would be a colossal failure to miss the conference finals for the third consecutive year.

dabom
08-22-2016, 11:30 PM
Kawhi is a fucking Alpha. He smells that BETA all over Kevin "always second" Durant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6xD6__gb8

dabom
08-22-2016, 11:33 PM
BETA virus is worse than Zika tbh...

loveforthegame
08-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Who does Leonard think he is? The nerve of this guy wanting to be around for the birth of his first child. Real men would go play for gold and think of their kid second. Wish the Spurs would find real character guys. Ones that have their priorities straight.

08-23-2016, 12:18 AM

Gotta network. Playing with friends is all the rage these days. Kawhi could have played and made some friends. And maybe one day he would be able to convince a team member to come over.

Honestly, Kawhi probably would have looked pretty bad on Team USA. His defense really isn't all that needed and there are several players who would outshine him on offense so he wouldn't get the ball too often. Leonard would have been a back up PF in a team that already features Durant, Melo, George, and Draymond at the 4 spot.

Leonard had a baby so yeah I guess that's an excuse to stay home. Although plenty of NBA players have kids throughout the NBA season and they still travel. Leonard would have only spent two weeks in Rio. Missed opportunity though.

SAGirl
08-23-2016, 12:33 AM
Gotta network. Playing with friends is all the rage these days. Kawhi could have played and made some friends. And maybe one day he would be able to convince a team member to come over.

Honestly, Kawhi probably would have looked pretty bad on Team USA. His defense really isn't all that needed and there are several players who would outshine him on offense so he wouldn't get the ball too often. Leonard would have been a back up PF in a team that already features Durant, Melo, George, and Draymond at the 4 spot.

Leonard had a baby so yeah I guess that's an excuse to stay home. Although plenty of NBA players have kids throughout the NBA season and they still travel. Leonard would have only spent two weeks in Rio. Missed opportunity though.
Agreed. Also, Tony, Manu and a whole lot of guys on teams are fathers. Olympics are only once every 4 years. I don't care about this particular Olympics but he's a big time hermit. It won't help him in the leadership and recruitment departments.

rasuo214
08-23-2016, 03:49 AM
So now Kawhi has to go on play dates to make new friends? When Tony and Manu play international ball people on here bitch that they need time off and rest, when Kawhi doesn't play international ball people on here bitch that he needs to play and "network". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

SAGirl
08-23-2016, 04:27 AM
So now Kawhi has to go on play dates to make new friends? When Tony and Manu play international ball people on here bitch that they need time off and rest, when Kawhi doesn't play international ball people on here bitch that he needs to play and "network". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
To call him a hermit as I did is to tell the truth.

Snaq O'Meal
08-23-2016, 05:14 AM

Play dates are not necessary in this digital age. Draymond did well to recruit Durant by simply texting and posting pics of certain body parts on Snapchat.

loveforthegame
08-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Spurs players over the years have been excused from practice, shoot around, and even games for the birth of their child. Leonard wouldn't have had the luxury of flying home from Rio for the birth of his. Like it or not, he chose family over the Olympics. So yeah, a lot of them are fathers but were around for the birth of them. Something that seems to be important to all of them even if it's not on this board. Now if Leonard was asking for a month off from the Spurs to be a father he'd deserve a roasting for it.

Leonard's worked out with various players (Melo, Butler) or attended their camps (Jordan, Paul) during the summer. Most the time we don't even know about it until those players mention it somewhere. Just because Leonard isn't tweeting about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Can we say for sure or not if Leonard ever talked to Durant? Just because it's not splashed on the news or tweeted about doesn't mean it may not have happened either. He was there for the recruitment of LMA so it's not like he refuses to take part in that side of things.

For someone who is a hermit, autistic, retarded, doesn't network, choker, beta, media shy, and everything else he's been called here, he somehow has the respect of the media and players who have recognized his work. He must be doing something right though you wouldn't think so reading this board.

dabom
08-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Spurs players over the years have been excused from practice, shoot around, and even games for the birth of their child. Leonard wouldn't have had the luxury of flying home from Rio for the birth of his. Like it or not, he chose family over the Olympics. So yeah, a lot of them are fathers but were around for the birth of them. Something that seems to be important to all of them even if it's not on this board. Now if Leonard was asking for a month off from the Spurs to be a father he'd deserve a roasting for it.

Leonard's worked out with various players (Melo, Butler) or attended their camps (Jordan, Paul) during the summer. Most the time we don't even know about it until those players mention it somewhere. Just because Leonard isn't tweeting about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Can we say for sure or not if Leonard ever talked to Durant? Just because it's not splashed on the news or tweeted about doesn't mean it may not have happened either. He was there for the recruitment of LMA so it's not like he refuses to take part in that side of things.

For someone who is a hermit, autistic, retarded, doesn't network, choker, beta, media shy, and everything else he's been called here, he somehow has the respect of the media and players who have recognized his work. He must be doing something right though you wouldn't think so reading this board.

Don't pay attention to shirty posters tbh.

cutewizard
08-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Kawhi rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooperflash
08-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Play dates are not necessary in this digital age. Draymond did well to recruit Durant by simply texting and posting pics of certain body parts on Snapchat.

Well played sir. In fact, I dug up an image of when KD first asked Westbrook for nudes.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6UGLqlWnSX0CWIYIdGjOfhL3QmbNQe OJd3gYE3_D0uZJ1WMD9

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 12:15 PM
did anyone in this thread say that barnes is better? if so :lol

YGWHI
08-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Honestly, Kawhi probably would have looked pretty bad on Team USA. His defense really isn't all that needed and there are several players who would outshine him on offense so he wouldn't get the ball too often.
Several players? No. Just Durant.

Kawhi's one of the most well-rounded offensive threat in the league, he's more versatile and efficient on the offensive end than the rest of 2016-Rio-Team USA.
http://i.imgur.com/uumHJ3F.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jlJUib6.jpg

Leonard had a baby so yeah I guess that's an excuse to stay home. Although plenty of NBA players have kids throughout the NBA season and they still travel.
Most NBA players want to be involved in their child's birth, they want to stay home and don't travel that day and the next. The same thing when their kids suffer some illness and need a surgery/treatment.

dabom
08-23-2016, 11:49 PM
YG with the hooks.

YGWHI
08-24-2016, 12:02 AM
I don't care about this particular Olympics but he's a big time hermit.

Well, Tim has that hermit-gene, too. Didn't party with other stars, he turned Obama's invitationt down last month...Not a big deal.

SAGirl
08-24-2016, 12:12 AM
Well, Tim has that hermit-gene, too. Didn't party with other stars, he turned Obama's invitationt down last month...Not a big deal.
I hope Kawhi is in the same vein. Tim had a lot of compassion for teammates and was the best teammate ever. No nee to be public about that. Notice I also said hermit and didn't disparage his character. Early in Tim's career he was Also so detached that Pop had to prod him to get more engaged. Eventually as Pop said, Tim developed a habit where he didn't say much but when he said something it mattered and he'd touch guys (not in a pervy sense), but patting someone on the head, greeting teammates as they left the court, putting a shoulder on somebody who had a rough night. Kawhi's has to develop his own thing. We'll see.

YGWHI
08-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Spurs players over the years have been excused from practice, shoot around, and even games for the birth of their child. Leonard wouldn't have had the luxury of flying home from Rio for the birth of his. Like it or not, he chose family over the Olympics.
These guys are the same ST members who would blame him if he gets a season-ending injury like PG a year ago playing for USA...

I can see them posting "Fuck Kawhi, who pays your contract? The Spurs, not Colangelo!!"

:toast

LakerHater
08-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Harrison Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard ???

http://115.imagebam.com/download/XGc5Q7Yfj-G0ddAono5l1A/50119/501180628/ManuWhat.gif

dabom
08-24-2016, 12:28 AM
http://i.makeagif.com/media/11-19-2015/rjAgMm.gif

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 12:38 AM
as of last season: "parker > kawhi" -TheGreatYacht :lmao

dabom
08-24-2016, 12:48 AM
as of last season: "parker > kawhi" -TheGreatYacht :lmao

Harrison Barnes >>> Kawhi Leonard ???

http://115.imagebam.com/download/XGc5Q7Yfj-G0ddAono5l1A/50119/501180628/ManuWhat.gif

http://i.makeagif.com/media/11-19-2015/rjAgMm.gif

TheGreatYacht
08-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Slurpers defending roleplayerwhi till the end :cry

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Slurpers defending roleplayerwhi till the end :cry

kawhi has the same amount of finals mvp as parker. and last year he finished second in mvp voting. which is closer than parker ever got :lol

oh, and how many defensive player of the year awards does tony have?

K...
08-24-2016, 04:23 PM
kawhi has the same amount of finals mvp as parker. and last year he finished second in mvp voting. which is closer than parker ever got :lol

oh, and how many defensive player of the year awards does tony have?

A couple things. Not a complete rebuttal, Kawhi does have a great resume. But the league is watered down now. There's less competition for those awards. And why are we discussing Parker is a
Harrison Barnes thread?

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 04:50 PM
A couple things. Not a complete rebuttal, Kawhi does have a great resume. But the league is watered down now. There's less competition for those awards. And why are we discussing Parker is a
Harrison Barnes thread?
because thegreatcunt was calls kawhi a role player while also still calling tony MVParker :lol

Snaq O'Meal
08-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Well played sir. In fact, I dug up an image of when KD first asked Westbrook for nudes.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6UGLqlWnSX0CWIYIdGjOfhL3QmbNQe OJd3gYE3_D0uZJ1WMD9

I have a feeling Durant will be sorely disappointed with Draymond after years of enjoying this:

http://www.que.es/archivos/201309/paquetes-ok-672xXx80.jpg

RD2191
11-21-2016, 09:24 PM
:wakeup:lol