05-14-2013, 11:17 PM
From pure shooter to bum.

Cojo stealing his minutes(neal 4:46).:lmao

m33p0
roger mason 2.0

Mr.Bottomtooth
About fucking time. Joseph needs those minutes.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
He's so fucking bad, tbh..I shed a tear every time he's checking in..

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2013, 11:20 PM
I yell at the screen when he checks in and Mark Jackson goes to whoever is on him in the post

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Didn't Patty Mills out produce him in ~1 minute of PT?

Still not the worst player on the Spurs; my one year old daughter called Matt Bonner a vagina.

timtonymanu
05-14-2013, 11:21 PM
I've always been a Neal fan, but yeah clearly he looks very bad.

Brunodf
05-14-2013, 11:23 PM
No shit, i've been saying this for 2 years

Holden_Caulfield
05-14-2013, 11:24 PM
idk if i even want him to come back for the minimum lol

Brazil
05-14-2013, 11:25 PM

U want a medal?

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Joseph, McGrady, Mills, it doesn't matter..you need to try somebody else at this point, tbh..

timtonymanu
05-14-2013, 11:27 PM

You havent even been on the forum for a year yet.

Brunodf
05-14-2013, 11:27 PM
U want a medal?
If u frenchs/brazilians had the gold one, i would take it:depressed

Floyd Pacquiao
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
yep...please pop no fucking bonner and neal...fucking pussie jefferson was going off on them ffs

Obstructed_View

And it's taken you almost that long for that opinion to finally be correct. You're the William Miller of basketball.

TheGoldStandard
Gary Neal needs to be left Home Alone.

benefactor
moar joseph

Brunodf
05-14-2013, 11:29 PM
And it's taken you almost that long for that opinion to finally be correct. You're the William Miller of basketball.
Neal hasn't played well since 2011

DarrinS
05-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Neal and ginger combo in first half. Yay!

racm
05-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Without that 3 against Memphis he'd have been given DNPs a long time ago.

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 11:55 PM
i didn't want to admit it, but Neal has followed the Roger Mason path... although Neal at his best >> Mason at his peak

there's a good chance some dumb team throws some money at Neal, and he'll be gone. Blair is obviously gone after the season too. If Bonner leaves, then ST will erupt with joy if the trio of Bonner, Blair, Neal are all gone :lol

Gagnrath
05-15-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm not throwing in the towel on Neal yet, he's been hurt all year and its tough to shoot when your body mechanics are wrong.

KL2
05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm not throwing in the towel on Neal yet, he's been hurt all year and its tough to shoot when your body mechanics are wrong.

Even if his offense does return I still don't want him back because he is terrible defensively (he may be the worst defensive player in the NBA) he's making Barnes look like a superstar, he also can't rebound leading to extra attempts for the other team, and he makes the dumbest fouls ever. 90% of Neal's fouls turn into and 1's for other teams, he's always fouling someone making a layup, dunking, shooting etc.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Even if his offense does return I still don't want him back because he is terrible defensively (he may be the worst defensive player in the NBA) he's making Barnes look like a superstar, he also can't rebound leading to extra attempts for the other team, and he makes the dumbest fouls ever. 90% of Neal's fouls turn into and 1's for other teams, he's always fouling someone making a layup, dunking, shooting etc.

Gary Neal plays ole defense, lets everyone get past him but he's quick to throw an arm out to hit the player who's already laying the ball in. Guy couldn't guard a trash can

PÒÓCH
05-15-2013, 12:51 AM
From pure shooter to bum.

Cojo stealing his minutes(neal 4:46).:lmao

Recall that he's been dealing with that nagging injury all year long.

Chinook
05-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I think Neal will have a chance to prove himself again if the Spurs make it to the next series. His shooting could be very important if Green or another wing hits a slump, which I think is pretty likely.

DesignatedT
05-15-2013, 01:01 AM
He's awful.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2013, 01:07 AM
HE IS UTTER SHIT, I HOPE he is gone soon! He is horrible.
I think Neal will have a chance to prove himself again if the Spurs make it to the next series. His shooting could be very important if Green or another wing hits a slump, which I think is pretty likely.

HE FUCKING SUCKS! NO NO NO! He sucks. :nope

Sean Cagney
05-15-2013, 01:09 AM
yep...please pop no fucking bonner and neal...fucking pussie jefferson was going off on them ffs

Me and you could go off on them bums! I am serious too.

Richie
05-15-2013, 01:12 AM
This is not the series for Neal, there's absolutely nobody in the backcourt to hide him on when defending. Against the Grizzlies or the Heat he may be useful on someone like Allen, Chalmers or Cole who aren't offensive threats, and his shooting could be useful.

Chinook
05-15-2013, 01:13 AM
HE IS UTTER SHIT, I HOPE he is gone soon! He is horrible.

HE FUCKING SUCKS! NO NO NO! He sucks. :nope

Coulda sworn you were saying the same thing about Green before this series. After seeing a playoffs in which Bonner stepped up against Dwight Howard and Danny Green has erased the hottest scorer in this post-season, I think you should keep an open mind. Green's defense is needed against the Warriors' shooters. Neal's offense could be needed against Memphis' defense.

SpurPadre
05-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Just looking at the box score and seeing Neal with only 4 minutes gives me a boner, lol. Now Pop, the next step is to have TMAC or Blair cut into Bonner's minutes.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Green plays defense, at least..

Neal is shooting 28% from 3 in the playoffs..he's a horrible defensive player, he needs to produce on offense to negate his poor defense, he hasn't done that..if the Spurs play Memphis, his looks are going to be scarce compared to the first 2 opponents..

Tuddy
05-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Planter fasciitis plus other team having options at 1-2-3 makes it hard. If we make it further he will be more effective depending on his foot

Chinook
05-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Green plays defense, at least..

Neal is shooting 28% from 3 in the playoffs..he's a horrible defensive player, he needs to produce on offense to negate his poor defense, he hasn't done that..if the Spurs play Memphis, his looks are going to be scarce compared to the first 2 opponents..

I agree with that. I think Neal will have a better chance to score than Green if things get tough. Neal can create his own shot, and he seems much more willing to shoot under pressure. It may take some miracle shots to win a game or two, and Neal's shown he can do that. I'm not saying leave him in the rotation, just that I still can see him stepping up if needed.

I like Joseph to get his minutes more than McGrady, though. If Joseph is aggressive, his offense is pretty much as good as Neal's, anyway.

Budkin
05-15-2013, 01:26 AM
It's pretty sad... two seasons ago the guy came out of nowhere and hit big shot after big shot. Remember that miracle in game 5 against the Grizz? That was long ago...

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 01:28 AM
This is not the series for Neal, there's absolutely nobody in the backcourt to hide him on when defending. Against the Grizzlies or the Heat he may be useful on someone like Allen, Chalmers or Cole who aren't offensive threats, and his shooting could be useful.

I think last year with Derek Fisher showed there is no one Neal can guard in the playoffs.

superbigtime
05-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I am a Neal fan (or was) but he is struggling in a big way and just can't seem to find the touch he had a couple years ago. Cojo is better in every way from ball handling to decision making to shooting. Let him play patty cake with the boys from Australia on the bench.

TD 21
05-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Injuries obviously derailed his season. I don't know why people act like it's anything but that. He was consistently good for 2 plus years and he's been consistently bad since.

I agree that he should be dropped from the rotation, but the good news is, when they dispose of the Warriors, he probably will be. They don't need a fourth wing in the rotation against the Grizzlies, as they'll be virtually no small ball played in the series. Should they get to the Finals, even if he were healthy, he'd be a questionable fit against the Heat, since there's no place to hide him defensively and size on the wing is more necessary against them than any other team.

05-15-2013, 08:14 PM
3000+ posts in 6 or 7 months.
My God.

(I created my first account two years ago but it was never approved to post, so I just lurked. But i finally made a new account and got approved to post pretty soon after)

Anyway, I think we all agree Gary Neal needs to be glued to the farthest end of the bench, at this point. If only Pop felt the same.

jbspurs
05-15-2013, 08:25 PM

Busted ALT!

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 08:35 PM
He is sucking major time right now, but IF we get past this round, he will play against Memphis and he will play big. Well, I hope so. :lol

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Neal's still living off that game 5 shot in '11. He has no place on the defensive minded Spurs.

BackHome
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I agree with that. I think Neal will have a better chance to score than Green if things get tough. Neal can create his own shot, and he seems much more willing to shoot under pressure. It may take some miracle shots to win a game or two, and Neal's shown he can do that. I'm not saying leave him in the rotation, just that I still can see him stepping up if needed.

I like Joseph to get his minutes more than McGrady, though. If Joseph is aggressive, his offense is pretty much as good as Neal's, anyway.

I like Joseph running the point when Tony is out and I would like to see McGrady be able to give Kawhi a few minutes of breathing time. Also would like to see McGrady get more minutes as long as he is playing well he can take Bonners and Neals minutes.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Gary Neal has lost his spot in this playoff run, he hasn't hit anything well enough and he's crap on defense. Joseph/TMac can eat his minutes.