PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about Tony...

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:44 PM
I thought he battled as best he could, but he looked extremely gassed out there... is it that shin still bothering him? Sometimes you can see he still has those bursts of speed, but they're far apart.

I commend him for playing hard even though he looked hobbled out there.

hater
05-14-2013, 11:45 PM
0/10 from the argentine who joined the forum the day Manu joined the spurs :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
05-14-2013, 11:46 PM
well he did say that the calf bruise was down to ping pong size now...so yeah its prob affect his speed

BatManu20
He does look a little off. And he still had a hell of a game. 25, 10, and only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night.

bayareaspursfan
He'll be alright for game 6. Late start for the next game and plus his calf is getting better..

TheGoldStandard
He didn't have to go HAM in the first half but he played great in the 2nd, found a Rhythm.

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:47 PM
0/10 from the argentine who joined the forum the day Manu joined the spurs :lol

I'm serious, tbh... not a knock on Tony at all... and I joined in 2007... I used to post back in SpursReport before finding this greatness...

TampaDude
I thought he battled as best he could, but he looked extremely gassed out there... is it that shin still bothering him? Sometimes you can see he still has those bursts of speed, but they're far apart.

Top Performers

San Antonio: T. Parker 25 Pts, 2 Reb, 10 Ast, 1 St

Yeah, Parker really stunk it up tonight... :lmao

Parker went all out this game and pretty much the reason the Spurs won the game. Hopefully he gets a lot of rest. He wouldn't have had to work so hard if Manu wasn't bricking so many shots this series.

hater
Top Performers

:rollin

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Top Performers

Never said he "stunk it up"... I actually commended him for his great effort... I'm simply saying he looked pretty hobbled out there...

I'm mostly concerned with him going forward in these playoffs...

DAF86
05-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Tony is key, tbh. When he plays like the MVP of this team, we are very tough to beat.

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:49 PM
:lol CoP members with the knee-jerk reaction over a serious thread...

Again, no knock on Parker at all... just worried about his health at this point.

hater
05-14-2013, 11:50 PM
well tbh he looked pretty good and giddy at the press conference. He was even bringing up his own topics and shit. IMO he's fine

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 11:51 PM
gotta agree with elnono on this one. while parker produced just fine, he still doesn't look like MVParker. unless it gets aggravated, it at least seems his calf is improving (from baseball to ping pong). lets just hope he doesn't get kicked again

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm hoping for OKC to extend their series a bit so he gets some rest. I'm afraid that if the Spurs beat GSW on Thursday and MEM finished off OKC tomorrow, WCF might start on Sunday...

letmk
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Never said he "stunk it up"... I actually commended him for his great effort... I'm simply saying he looked pretty hobbled out there...

I'm mostly concerned with him going forward in these playoffs...

Yeah, you didn't say it explicitly. I was not majoring in English, but when you commend one for his effort, it gives the implication that his contribution is not that great. While in fact, he is the run-away MVP for this game.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm hoping for OKC to extend their series a bit so he gets some rest. I'm afraid that if the Spurs beat GSW on Thursday and MEM finished off OKC tomorrow, WCF might start on Sunday...

OKC will win and extend the series...

ElNono
05-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, you didn't say it explicitly. I was not majoring in English, but when you commend one for his effort, it gives the implication that his contribution is not that great. While in fact, he is the run-away MVP for this game.

Well, I'm no English major either, and the only implication I made is that he played extremely hard even though it didn't look like he was very healthy.

I completely agree he was key on this victory.

hater
05-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Well, I'm no English major either, and the only implication I made is that he played extremely hard even though it didn't look like he was very healthy.

then why make a thread about Tony? Duncan was limping most of the time and Manu was crawling like a bug for a while. Yet you make a thread about Parker. what a surprise :lol

cutewizard
05-15-2013, 12:00 AM
the solution:

Cory Joseph with increased minutes..............

DatBoyGood
If a hobbled Tony is putting up 25 and 10 then i don't think there's need to be concerned :lol . He'll look better as the time goes on. I'm just hoping GS doesnt pull some fake thug act if the game gets out of hand Thursday.

DarrinS
Meh, no worries for TP. If this is a 75% TP, I can't wait to see 80%.

Damn, can you imagine if we still had George Hill?

letmk
05-15-2013, 12:02 AM

TBH, I've learned quite a bit from reading your posts. But as the head of CoM, what you said did give out the wrong impression.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
then why make a thread about Tony? Duncan was limping most of the time and Manu was crawling like a bug for a while. Yet you make a thread about Parker. what a surprise :lol

Because Tim and Manu are old... them getting gassed isn't a surprise. The Spurs will need a full speed Parker going forward. He's become the head of the snake for the Spurs.

05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
this is what happens when you make shitty threads and posts all year

houston spurs fan
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM

Another bad thread start. Please go away.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:05 AM
TBH, I've learned quite a bit from reading your posts. But as the head of CoM, what you said did give out the wrong impression.

while I have written my good share of troll posts, this was actually intended as a serious thread, tbh.

If I want to troll, I would just have said Tony sucked.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:05 AM
this is what happens when you make shitty threads and posts all year

who are you?

Richie
05-15-2013, 12:06 AM
This is the last series where he will have to work so hard on the defensive end. Put him on Allen against Memphis, Cole/Chalmers if we get to the Finals. Hopefully that will give him more energy for the offensive end.

05-15-2013, 12:07 AM
who are you?
Someone who doesn't forcefully make bad threads to get attention.

sasffl
05-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Tony need rest. I hope we can close out this series two days later

GSH
05-15-2013, 12:10 AM
They commented in the post game that he had a bruise on his calf the size of a tennis ball, but he jokingly said it was no only the size of a ping pong ball. I don't know if that meant he had a knot that size, because that's pretty quick for the area of a bruise to shrink that much. But whatever it meant, I sounds like it is probably still bothering him some. But he's also run the shit out of Thompson and Curry, trying to defend him, and they looked a lot more gassed than he did tonight.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:14 AM

And who would that be?

I'll take fellow Spursfan unsolicited opinions, tbh...

MVP: ElNono. Has to be. His .500 thread sustained for 75% of the year and he "was right about them Lakers" till the very last game of the season. He puts in tireless work on the board and is always an entertaining read.

MVP: ElNono, with mid and Harlem runners-up.

it's either gotta be Mid or El Nono. both of them have gone Eagleton on Laker fans all year, sans lube. El Nono's ".500 Thread" was a haunting reminder of what Jim Buss has in store for Laker fans....for pretty much the rest of their lives. Nono is a sarcastic Mexican but no doubt he's done some great work on these boards.

MVP goes between ElNono, DMC, Harlem, and I guess mid. Not his biggest fan, but I admire his constant crusade against Laker fans. on a spurs forum, that's mvp caliber stuff. in the end, the +.500 thread is what I'll remember most from this season

Again, this was a serious thread about Tony's health. If it wasn't clear in my first post, it should be by now...

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:16 AM
They commented in the post game that he had a bruise on his calf the size of a tennis ball, but he jokingly said it was no only the size of a ping pong ball. I don't know if that meant he had a knot that size, because that's pretty quick for the area of a bruise to shrink that much. But whatever it meant, I sounds like it is probably still bothering him some. But he's also run the shit out of Thompson and Curry, trying to defend him, and they looked a lot more gassed than he did tonight.

That's what I figured... he looked hobbled, and I'm sure he could use the rest

hater
05-15-2013, 12:17 AM

:lmao

hater
05-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Another bad thread start. Please go away.

:rollin

houston spurs fan
05-15-2013, 12:18 AM
El Nono, you bring this site down a notch single handedly. Please stop posting. You lack the intellect to post on this site.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2013, 12:22 AM

Yea, we would not have Leonard...... So imagine that.

05-15-2013, 12:24 AM
And who would that be?

I'll take fellow Spursfan unsolicited opinions, tbh...

Again, this was a serious thread about Tony's health. If it wasn't clear in my first post, it should be by now...
:lol craving recognition from random people on the internet. So you had one good NBA thread, the rest of your anti-Parker rants in the Spurs forum are still obvious and forced.

I didn't knock you on this thread. You wondered why no one was taking you seriously and I gave you an answer.

DesignatedT
05-15-2013, 12:24 AM
I think its the calf. He looked 100 percent for the first time during game 3 before he got kicked in the calf so hopefully it's just that. Doubt he will recover 100% from the ankle and everything else he's been battling but very few players are completely healthy at this point in the season.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:25 AM
El Nono, you bring this site down a notch single handedly. Please stop posting. You lack the intellect to post on this site.

This from the guys that posts this:

They got beat by a better team at home. What's inexcusable are the two losses to OKC. That shows a mentally weak team and that starts with the coach...However, his track record is what it is so it is way to early to demand a new coach.

then this:

Racm, please stop posting comments. You just compared Pop to Don Nelson and called him senile. These unintelligent threads need to cease. Comparing Pop 1999-2007 including a prime Tim Duncan to today's Pop and team expecting the same results are just silly. Pop's ability to adapt over the years and making use of what he has had to work with have been genius. The NBA recognizes that and awarded him coach of the year last year. What do you want him to do? Prevent injuries, aging, locker room garbage, Blair knowing he's gone, etc... As a die hard there is no one I would rather have at the help than Pop...

Yeah, you need to stop posting too...

HI-FI
05-15-2013, 12:26 AM
lol at the shit Nono is taking. I think he's being sincere, and even if he isn't, he does sarcasm very well. I ruined my own joke above, per par, saying eagleton for Kobe.

I think Parker was pretty good this game. I still wish he would fix his tunnel vision, but it is what it is. He deserves props for still driving at key moments. I think CoJo deserves a ton of credit, he more than held the fort down. It sounds good that Parker's bruise is better, and hopefully we can let him heal up.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:27 AM
I think its the calf. He looked 100 percent for the first time during game 3 before he got kicked in the calf so hopefully it's just that. Doubt he will recover 100% from the ankle and everything else he's been battling but very few players are completely healthy at this point in the season.

That's why I'm saying I hope OKC does us a solid tomorrow...

hater
05-15-2013, 12:28 AM
damn Nono getting wrecked.

I'm out of here :lol

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:29 AM
lol at the shit Nono is taking. I think he's being sincere, and even if he isn't, he does sarcasm very well. I ruined my own joke above, per par, saying eagleton for Kobe.

I think Parker was pretty good this game. I still wish he would fix his tunnel vision, but it is what it is. He deserves props for still driving at key moments. I think CoJo deserves a ton of credit, he more than held the fort down. It sounds good that Parker's bruise is better, and hopefully we can let him heal up.

I have nothing but gratitude for Tony in this game... being 100% serious... but with the Spurs looking like they're going to sort the Warriors out and move on, the concern with health is very real, IMO.

Kidd K
05-15-2013, 12:30 AM

I'm glad we traded him since we got Leonard, but Hill has become amazing with Indiana. If we still had him (and Leonard) we'd be fucking the league up nasty style tbh.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 12:31 AM
damn Nono getting wrecked.

I'm out of here :lol

:lol never been one to hide, tbh

If you don't have thick skin, you can't hang around this place...

siraulo23
05-15-2013, 12:46 AM
not sure if it's a serious thread

he looked pretty good other than as you said he was gassed at some points in the game, now if you had posted this thread after game 4 then...

racm
05-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Tony put up on 25 and 10 on a bad wheel.

Nono just gave credit where it's due, people.

A fully healthy Parker and this series would have been clinched by now.

spurs10
05-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Hhhmmmm......it definitely was late in the game before he really got it going. Before that, GSW fans had to be glad he was relatively quiet. I think he's a bit slowed down by the calf, but nothing too serious I'm thinking. He certainly found another gear late....:toast

Budkin
05-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Dude he looked like Tony of old considering the injury.

superbigtime
05-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Tony has got a huge competitive heart and should get more recognition for how tough he is. He's as tough as AI or Kobe, he's definitely playing banged up.

Trimble87
05-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Tony did look like he was only 80-85% tonight. His outstanding stats are a credit to how hard he worked out there.

The trolling on this site has reached an epidemic when people troll a thread because the thread starter trolls too much... even though the current thread is not a trolling thread at all. smh

spurs10
05-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Tony basically said the same thing in his post game interview. He said he was really "hurting" and "slow." Even went on to say he felt like a "50 year old man," so he was indeed just fighting through it.

carina_gino20
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
He looked slow in the 1st half but really got it going in the second. I don't know how much of that is 'feeling healthy' and how much of it is just playing through the pain to will the Spurs to a win. Major props for his performance tonight. He did look much better in the end.

EVAY
05-15-2013, 01:44 PM
What Tony said after the game was that it took until the second half for the leg to get warmed up enough that it wasn't hurting him too much. I heard him say virtually the exact same thing a few weeks ago about some other injury.

If that is the case, he should be warming up about an hour before game time, or the trainers should be doing something more to ease that knot in his leg before the game starts.

I think you can count on Curry having an injection prior to the next game, so Tony is going to need to be at his best.

EVAY
05-15-2013, 01:45 PM
The problem with having much time between series is that although it allows Tony time to rest and recover, down time seems to get Manu and Duncan out of their rhythm, so it really hurts some players while helping others.

Brazil
05-15-2013, 02:09 PM
:lol @ ElNono bashing

Unless I missed an hidden agenda (like duncan and manu have the excuse to be old, what is parker excuse ?) which is always a possibility with the pope of the CoM, it sounds like a very legit thread and I agree with OP about his concern.

Some two cents. I think Pop limited his minutes more than usual and gave him some long rest stretches (parker played 34 mn). it helps that Cory played well but it could be also because parker is indeed banged up. For me Parker was trying to manage his game, in O he run less around 3 screens through baseline and he was looking more his team mates. He was aggressive but more selective which is not a bad thing at all, he chose when to explode. To sum up he played like a vet out there, that was a very clever game by Parker considering he is not 100%. Once again here his JS is key, when he shoots it well he is more assertive and he doesn't try to do it all by himself.

We need to finish that shit asap to get a bit of rest and give time to the ping pong ball to disappear. One thing is clear he won't be 100% for the whole PO, he needs to fight through it, there is no other way around. Spurs need to hide as much as possible in D, the more energy he spends there the worst look our offense.

:tu to Parker for his very solid game and :tu to ElNono for this legit thread and for the props.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Parker looked horrible most of this series but has been playing progressively better. I think the concern is understood but given how much cleaner and more effective at finishing yesterday, I'd say his health is improving not declining. Looks like if Memphis wins that series it actually might be a blessing because it will allow us to come back to SA and get TP extra days of R&R to get close to 100% for Grind City.

Hemotivo
05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
TP is not 25 anymore

Mouth is Bleeding
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
He posted this on his twitter:

Big win last night !!! Lot of treatment now lol The Warriors are tough !!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549117_10151437605198173_616207257_n.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

slick'81
05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm more worried about manu tbh dude looks like he's playing in mud

RD2191
05-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Is that an Iron Lung? lol. jk.

DarrinS
05-15-2013, 04:12 PM
He posted this on his twitter:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549117_10151437605198173_616207257_n.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

I believe that's the Calfmaster 3000

EVAY
05-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Frankly, the Spur I was more worried about was Duncan. After the first quarter he didn't look like he could walk well, much less play well.

And today, he was even limping on the way to the plane.

TD 21
05-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Same. This was why blowing game four was crucial. Five games in eight days, with two overtimes thrown in, have clearly taken a toll (I told all those who were rest obsessed and backed Pop's every move this season that, once the grind of the playoffs kicked in, all the micromanaging wouldn't matter) and now they're either going to have one-two days before the start of the WCF, which will probably go every other day. It was already going to be difficult offensively against the Grizzlies defense to begin with and this will only exacerbate matters.

ThePop
05-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Wow you guys worry more about the players health than they do.

T Park
05-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Same. This was why blowing game four was crucial. Five games in eight days, with two overtimes thrown in, have clearly taken a toll (I told all those who were rest obsessed and backed Pop's every move this season that, once the grind of the playoffs kicked in, all the micromanaging wouldn't matter) and now they're either going to have one-two days before the start of the WCF, which will probably go every other day. It was already going to be difficult offensively against the Grizzlies defense to begin with and this will only exacerbate matters.

lol god your a whiny little brat

GSH
05-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Wow you guys worry more about the players health than they do.

Lots of people in this neighborhood bleed silver and black. That pretty much says it all.