PDA

View Full Version : Pop is the answer

jermaine
05-14-2013, 11:46 PM
I liked his rotations tonight. He kept Neal to a minimum, an Bonner also. He didn't rush Tiago off the court either. I liked the coaching from Pop very much so tonight. :toast

TampaDude
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
I liked his rotations tonight. He kept Neal to a minimum, an Bonner also. He didn't rush Tiago off the court either. I liked the coaching from Pop very much so tonight. :toast

Yup...do it one more time and we're headed to the WCF. :toast

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Feeling good about everything tonight. WCF is very close...

Chinook
05-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I'll say this: The Spurs are 2-0 in game in which McGrady appears. I don't think that's a coincidence...

cutewizard
05-14-2013, 11:58 PM
lets close this in Game Six and get ready for Memphis

gonna be a helluva series

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Genius tbh. Who would've thought that playing the regular rotation instead of midget ball would be good for the team:toast

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Who would have though reducing the amount of help defense would improve the defense? Also reducing the amount of bad defenders (Neal, Bonner) would reduce the need for help defense.

silverblk mystix
05-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Co- sign...

When Pop does the simple things and does not overthink it - Spurs are a better team.

Less Bonner and no agenda against Splitter = better Pop = better Spurs team.

boutons_deux
05-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Spurs hit FG 52%. Pop's a genius! :)

exstatic
05-15-2013, 07:05 AM

Yeah...

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 07:15 AM

Can you say flip flopper, smh.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2013, 07:36 AM

Regular rotations, ball movement, and points in the paint are known to do that.

urunobili
05-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Until I see Bonner and Neal no more (or kept to no more than 4 min each) I'll be reluctant to agree with this...

RD2191
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
A.I

jjktkk
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM

Stubborn ass Pop just won't change. smh

Tiago Splitter and Tim Duncan playing zero minutes together.

"Return to defense" = 4 guard lineups in the playoffs jacking up threes.

:lmao Pop isn't the problem.

How shocking that a Popsucker would run in here in defense of Pop. Even when it is obvious that Pop fucked the team - a Popsucker will refuse to see.

lol indeed

Pop is just outcoaching himself as per par. The never ending beef with Splitter and propensity to bench him every time he starts to get it going...
the absolute refusal to unleash his only physical rebounder (Baynes) all season...in a series where the spurs are getting eviscerated on the boards...The unending love affair with Bonner and Neal even when its clear matchups don't favor them....yada yada same shit different year

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/jjktkk/SpursTalkCockroaches_zps24d55416.png (http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/jjktkk/media/SpursTalkCockroaches_zps24d55416.png.html)

jermaine
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
What's wrong with m giving credit where credit is due? I put the blame on him, so now im a flip flopper. Smh

jjktkk
05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
What's wrong with m giving credit where credit is due? I put the blame on him, so now im a flip flopper. Smh

When you overreact over one loss and say shit like this, yea pretty much.:

For the love of me I can't understand why is it when Green, Ginobili is struggling, he comes out with Neal who hasn't been on. When you have Tracy with Length sitting on the bench. I know yal gone say he doesn't know the system. But in the first half, it seems as if dont to many Spurs players seems to be in place. If we lose the series, I pray Pop gets fired for not using all available weapons. When its clear, what he's putting out there isn't working.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 12:05 PM

You started a thread titled "Pop is the Problem" 5 days ago, now you start a thread titled "Pop is the Answer". That's the epitome of flip flopping.

SA210
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
So basically Pop finally did what we said he should do. OK, thanks :tu

Blake
05-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Spurs hit 55% at free throw line. Pop sucks! :(

Blake
05-15-2013, 12:12 PM

You're a better coach than Pop!

Horse
05-15-2013, 12:44 PM
The problem is this thing would've been over in 5 games at the most had Pop done the obvious things he did last night sooner.

silverblk mystix
05-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Popsuckers just can't stand it when we hit the nail on the head - and then they are puzzled when we give credit when credit is due.

It fucks up their stupid thinking that anyone who points out Lord Pop's stupidity actually wants the spurs to lose.

lol butthurt morons

jermaine
05-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Popsuckers just can't stand it when we hit the nail on the head - and then they are puzzled when we give credit when credit is due.

It fucks up their stupid thinking that anyone who points out Lord Pop's stupidity actually wants the spurs to lose.

lol butthurt morons
Preach my brotha!

ChumpDumper
05-15-2013, 01:21 PM
lol I knew they would take credit for the win.

TJastal
05-15-2013, 01:27 PM
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/jjktkk/SpursTalkCockroaches_zps24d55416.png (http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/jjktkk/media/SpursTalkCockroaches_zps24d55416.png.html)

:lmao

That's good. 10/10.

Just one question.... what exactly is Obstructed_View, he kind of looks like a bug-dropping.

TJastal
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM

:lol

Popsuckers hate it when we're on point.

SA210
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
:lol

Popsuckers hate it when we're on point.

:lmao We say Pop should do this to win, Pop finally does it and they win. It must sting them. Why do the Popsuckers wanna to lose so badly?

tesseractive
05-15-2013, 01:37 PM
The problem is this thing would've been over in 5 games at the most had Pop done the obvious things he did last night sooner.

You mean like magically make Splitter and Diaw recover from their injuries and get back in rhythm faster, and make Tony not lose his explosiveness in game 4 from that thigh injury?

Other than figuring out the backup guard situation, the Spurs have had a regular rotation all season except when guys have been hurt. Diaw and Splitter were coming off injuries coming into this series. I'm pretty sure that this had a big impact on how he was doling out the minutes.

Just like a decade or two, it's more important to try to get guys healthy than it is to risk losing them for the playoffs because you push them too hard to go after a single non-elimination game. We're up 3-2 and in good shape. It would have been great to win in 4 or 5 and get everbody some rest, but if it meant a high risk of, say, losing Tiago for a Memphis series or something, it would have been kind of a pyrrhic victory.

Playoff basketball has ups and downs. As far as I'm concerned, Pop has been getting it done just fine.

Dre_7
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Its amazing more Spurstalkers arent NBA head coaches!

capek
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I'll say this: The Spurs are 2-0 in game in which McGrady appears. I don't think that's a coincidence...

...Seriously? That's the definition of coincidence. He's a human victory cigar at this point in his Spurs career...

Chinook
05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
...Seriously? That's the definition of coincidence. He's a human victory cigar at this point in his Spurs career...

It was a joke. You must have missed the previous thread the OP started. He and I had a back-and-forth about McGrady.

But it's not a coincidence that McGrady has played only in Spurs wins. He'd only get minutes in garbage time.

capek
05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
It was a joke. You must have missed the previous thread the OP started. He and I had a back-and-forth about McGrady.

But it's not a coincidence that McGrady has played only in Spurs wins. He'd only get minutes in garbage time.

haha ya I missed that. Scrolled down in this thread to check references, since I didn't see anything so I assumed. joke makes much more sense though, unless you were a new category of dumb, which I was skeptical about from coming across other posts of yours here and there :tu

Obstructed_View
05-15-2013, 05:31 PM
:lmao

That's good. 10/10.

Just one question.... what exactly is Obstructed_View, he kind of looks like a bug-dropping.

I didn't even realize someone put me in that picture until you mentioned it. I look like a piece of carapace. I guess being right about smallball for seven years somehow makes me a Pop basher.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2013, 05:33 PM
You mean like magically make Splitter and Diaw recover from their injuries and get back in rhythm faster,

Splitter got injured in the 4th quarter of game 4? That must be why he missed the last 15 minutes of the game. Either that or Pop saw something in practice.

hater
05-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Pop's 1st half rotations were shit. He short circuited when he saw Jackson inserting Dick Jefferson. Pop was like 'oh yea? you think you can outscrub me?? Bonner, Neal get the fuck in there!'

but he redeemed himself in the 2nd half. Much better rotations and the timeout in the 4th quarter when he stood up and screamed while Manu was about to throw the ball to the 3rd row of seats, that timeout was amazing.

UZER
05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Pop's 1st half rotations were shit. He short circuited when he saw Jackson inserting Dick Jefferson. Pop was like 'oh yea? you think you can outscrub me?? Bonner, Neal get the fuck in there!'

but he redeemed himself in the 2nd half. Much better rotations and the timeout in the 4th quarter when he stood up and screamed while Manu was about to throw the ball to the 3rd row of seats, that timeout was amazing.

The worst part is this is the same thing that happened in game 3. Great rotations, Bonner no 2nd half minutes, green on curry. Then inexplicably goes backwards in game 4 with Bonner 4th qtr minutes and Parker on Curry.

So having good rotations in the 2nd half of game 5 unfortunately doesnt mean shit when it comes to pop.

tesseractive
05-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Splitter got injured in the 4th quarter of game 4? That must be why he missed the last 15 minutes of the game. Either that or Pop saw something in practice.

Pop may have just capped his minutes at that point in his recovery. (It's also possible that he tweaked something, but I don't think the tape shows any evidence of this.) Because everyone who questioned him getting pulled are right -- he was effective out there, so it doesn't make sense for him to be pulled right there unless there's some reason we couldn't see.

tesseractive
05-15-2013, 10:21 PM

Pop may have just capped his minutes at that point in his recovery. (It's also possible that he tweaked something, but I don't think the tape shows any evidence of this.) Because everyone who questioned him getting pulled are right -- he was effective out there, so it doesn't make sense for him to be pulled right there unless there's some reason we couldn't see.