cutewizard
05-14-2013, 11:59 PM
right,!!:whine

DMX7
he needs to get better on D.

Floyd Pacquiao
I must say CoJo is not scared of the moment like some thought he would be...his defense on jack has been great and he's showing no fear of shooting the J...proud of that nig

TrueSpursFan
05-15-2013, 12:01 AM
he needs to get better on D.

He's already a pretty good defender, shuffles his feet really well and is laterally quick

cutewizard
05-15-2013, 12:02 AM
he is already a good defender at his position..........

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 12:02 AM
He is a good defender and can hit shots= much better than Neal

RD2191
05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
:wakeup

spurspokesman
05-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Kid has heart

silverblackfan
05-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Joseph has been great and finally starting to allow the Spurs to keep up the pressure when Tony rests. Love his defense and aggression. Never seems to take a bad shot and lately has been hitting them.
Shame Nando has not had any good minutes yet, but both of these guys are improving our backup PG depth. Anything that keeps Neal as a SG is good in my book.

philldafunk
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
He definitely did hit thing. Props!

ABC
03-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Bump :downspin:

HI-FI
03-28-2014, 10:52 PM
:tu
CoJo is some underrated goods.

mods should change this to Dojo of CoJo.

Mel_13
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
It's been a long process, but CoJo has developed nicely.

ABC
03-28-2014, 11:01 PM
He passed up a 3 pointer that I thought he should have taken. I think he'll have to make them at at least an average rate and take them when he's open to be really useful to the Spurs, at least while Manu is running the bench. I'm a Joseph fan for sure though.

Chinook
03-28-2014, 11:07 PM
He has a complete game, but he really lacks polish. I still like him as a project to replace Parker whenever he moves on, but I have no idea how Pop can go about unlocking Cory's talent. I think Pop likes him, though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the team offer a cheap extension to him next off-season. He's still only 22 years old.

ElNono
03-28-2014, 11:09 PM
still not a fan, tbh... too inconsistent and sometimes some of his decisions drive me up a wall... he's better than he was a year ago though...

DapDaGenius
03-28-2014, 11:10 PM

Dojo of CoJo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA

I don't see why CoJo gets so much hate from some users. Someone the other day said he was bad for a 3rd string point guard. Not sure what's up with that.

ABC
03-29-2014, 07:38 AM
He has a complete game, but he really lacks polish. I still like him as a project to replace Parker whenever he moves on, but I have no idea how Pop can go about unlocking Cory's talent. I think Pop likes him, though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the team offer a cheap extension to him next off-season. He's still only 22 years old.

I'd like the Spurs to keep him, but I can't see them offering him an extension. Have they extended anyone outside of the Big 3 in the last 17 years? It seems like they usually allow players go to free agency and let the market determine their value.

Joseph's youth and his ability to defend shooting guards should make the Spurs willing to pay a bit more than they might otherwise for a third point guard. I'm assuming they re-sign Mills.

Chinook
03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
I'd like the Spurs to keep him, but I can't see them offering him an extension. Have they extended anyone outside of the Big 3 in the last 17 years? It seems like they usually allow players go to free agency and let the market determine their value.

Joseph's youth and his ability to defend shooting guards should make the Spurs willing to pay a bit more than they might otherwise for a third point guard. I'm assuming they re-sign Mills.

How many of the Spurs' first-round draft picks have even made it through their rookie contracts with the team? Just Splitter as far as recent ones, and he couldn't be extended.

superbigtime
03-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I've said he was garbage in the past but he's been playing pretty well actually here as of late. I thought Cojo was signed up for next season?

Texas_Ranger
03-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Yea Joseph will still be on the team next season. Don't know if that was the right move, cause he's gonna make 2.1 M. Spurs will need some money to sign Mills and Diaw back. Also lets hope Bonner won't get more than a vet.min, cause I bet he'll stick around.

RD2191
03-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Bonner needs to retire gracefully before he gets ran the fuck out. Dude is dead weight, worthless. Great team guy but Daye can do what Bonner does and is still quite young.

AFBlue
03-29-2014, 11:41 AM
I really like the kid's moxie. When he plays with confidence and surety, he's just an entirely different player and the result is usually very good.

RD2191
03-29-2014, 11:47 AM
CoJo kills it in garbage time. I'm starting to wonder if it's all mental with him. Maybe he looks good because he plays 3rd stringers but it looks like he has all the right tools to at least be a decent backup PG.

AFBlue
03-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Yea Joseph will still be on the team next season. Don't know if that was the right move, cause he's gonna make 2.1 M. Spurs will need some money to sign Mills and Diaw back. Also lets hope Bonner won't get more than a vet.min, cause I bet he'll stick around.

It was absolutely the right move. No one knew Patty was going to come into the season with a vengeance and steal the backup spot with his excellent play. And the fact remains, Patty's contract is up after the season. Joseph is excellent insurance if someone decides to pay Patty as a starting guard or sixth man. Or he could be a valuable trade chip to fill a near-term need. Either way, I don't think the Spurs are in jeopardy of losing out on Mills/Diaw because of Joseph's cap number.

Spurs played this one just right imo tbqh fwiw.

Hoops Czar
03-29-2014, 12:21 PM
It's been a long process, but CoJo has developed nicely.

Couldn't agree more. He is official a third string pg. Congrats to him for all the hard work he's put in.

weeks
03-29-2014, 12:26 PM

agreed

AFBlue
03-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. He is official a third string pg. Congrats to him for all the hard work he's put in.

Ya bro, third string on the best team in the league with the deepest bench, backing up an all-star PG and a top-5 sixth man candidate. Insignificant details tbqh.

Mugen
03-29-2014, 12:32 PM
He'd be better served translating that aggressive he has with the 3rd string lineup into the 2nd string lineup when he gets minutes tbh. Too often, it looks like he's just going through the motions when he sees mins with the main bench unit and doesn't look for his shot unless he's wide, wide open.

Granted, he hasn't seen too many opportunities with Mills killing it this year but the backup PG has some wiggle room in the aggressive department and CoJo should be taking advantage of that. He's got a decent offensive game that he should trust more tbh.

Hoops Czar
03-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Ya bro, third string on the best team in the league with the deepest bench, backing up an all-star PG and a top-5 sixth man candidate. Insignificant details tbqh.

He's third string goods for any team not tanking. Malik Hairston, Alonzo Gee and Nando De Colo syndrome tbqh.

Btw, Mills isn't winning 6th man and he isn't a true PG, something CoJo is. His only plus is defense and that's because Mills is so bad at it. But like I said, congrats to him. He worked his ass off to become back up to the back up to the back up.

ABC
03-29-2014, 01:30 PM
How many of the Spurs' first-round draft picks have even made it through their rookie contracts with the team? Just Splitter as far as recent ones, and he couldn't be extended.

Point taken about first round picks. I had to read up on the NBA FAQ about extensions. I thought more Spurs' players were eligible for extensions than there really have been. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Bonner, and now Splitter might be the only players the Spurs have signed to contracts longer than 3 years in the recent past.

That said, they could have extended Duncan two years ago and they could have extended Ginobili last year. It's a different situation, I know, but... I still think they'll let Joseph become a restricted free agent in 2015.

Chinook
03-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Point taken about first round picks. I had to read up on the NBA FAQ about extensions. I thought more Spurs' players were eligible for extensions than there really have been. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Bonner, and now Splitter might be the only players the Spurs have signed to contracts longer than 3 years in the recent past.

That said, they could have extended Duncan two years ago and they could have extended Ginobili last year. It's a different situation, I know, but... I still think they'll let Joseph become a restricted free agent in 2015.

I agree. It's probably more likely that he's on another team in 2015 rather than on an extension.

ABC
07-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Bump.

Joseph is legit. Get ready Spursfan.

littlecoyotecoin
07-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Bump.

Joseph is legit. Get ready Spursfan.

I hope so. The story developing around the 1/2 spot is very interesting given Patty, Manu, and Tony's often occurring injuries.

FireMicoHalili
07-24-2014, 10:56 AM
this, and because the shadows of Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons, and Isaiah Thomas loom large.

Well not really, not much expectation for the 29th pick. He's been solid so far as 3rd PG. Still shoots under 33% from downtown (31%).

dabom
07-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Good player.

urunobili
07-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Is he part of Canada for the WC?

elemento
07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
If he could shoot the 3 at a high clip, he would be the backup PG already. He is already a good defender and has great size to defend either the 1 or the 2. He doesn't have problems handling the ball or initiating the offense, but he doesn't fit the team offensively. If he doesn't develop a 3p shot or a decent mid-range game, i doubt he stays in SA after next season.

littlecoyotecoin
07-24-2014, 11:30 AM
If he could shoot the 3 at a high clip, he would be the backup PG already. He is already a good defender and has great size to defend either the 1 or the 2. He doesn't have problems handling the ball or initiating the offense, but he doesn't fit the team offensively. If he doesn't develop a 3p shot or a decent mid-range game, i doubt he stays in SA after next season.

Hopefully he's moved into the apartment over Chip's garage for the summer.

Ice009
07-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I thought Cory played great defense against Westbrook in game 6 of the OKC series. I thought he was a big key to that great 3rd quarter the Spurs had to pull ahead going into the 4th. He played tough out there and didn't give an inch.

If he could shoot better from the outside, I agree, he could be really good for the Spurs. Keep working on that jumpshot Cory, I think you're going to get a great chance here. Take advantage of it.

smaka
07-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Game vs Slovenia starting in 15 minutes. I believe Joseph will play.

dabom
07-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Message link if you got one. even a shitty one is good

littlecoyotecoin
07-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Ditto...

AFBlue
07-24-2014, 04:29 PM
He's third string goods for any team not tanking. Malik Hairston, Alonzo Gee and Nando De Colo syndrome tbqh.

Btw, Mills isn't winning 6th man and he isn't a true PG, something CoJo is. His only plus is defense and that's because Mills is so bad at it. But like I said, congrats to him. He worked his ass off to become back up to the back up to the back up.

Shit take persists through time. I'll bump after CoJo proves a reliable backup to Tony in Patty's absence through the first couple months of the season, but I just had to comment in this take. Awful.

dbestpro
07-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Will he ever learn the pick and roll?

Captivus
07-24-2014, 04:46 PM
With Mills not playing he will be a key player in the rotation.

I just hope he is up to the challenge.

littlecoyotecoin
07-25-2014, 10:05 AM
I could not watch the game, yesterday. They made me work, and no link manifested, but Project Spurs did have a quick summary of CoJo's stat line. More details would be appreciated.

"Working with the National Team

Cory Joseph (Canada) – Joseph is currently in Slovenia with the Canadian National team, as they have begun a slate of 11 games in Europe. In Canada’s first game Thursday, Joseph finished with 11 points (5-of-8 shooting), three rebounds, one assist, and four fouls in 22 minutes in his team’s 92-80 loss to Slovenia. Canada will not be heading to Spain in August because they failed to qualify for a spot in the World Cup last summer."

http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/late-july-update-on-spurs-international-players.html

eDizzle20
07-25-2014, 11:42 AM
I love the heart Joseph showed in game 4 of the OKC series last season. I'm really rooting for him to take hold of the back-up PG spot. This preseason will be huge for him. I believe Cotton could give him a run for his money based on Cotton's shooting prowess.

ABC
01-04-2015, 03:14 AM
Bump

Sean Cagney
01-04-2015, 03:35 AM
CORY HAS been balling lately. I hope he keeps it up. Patty was hitting his shots as well, very encouraging right now with those two playing this well. Tony can sit a few more and they can win the next few IMO but we will need him back eventually.

look_at_g_shred
01-04-2015, 11:25 AM
CORY HAS been balling lately. I hope he keeps it up. Patty was hitting his shots as well, very encouraging right now with those two playing this well. Tony can sit a few more and they can win the next few IMO but we will need him back eventually.
Agree. It be a blessing if we can sweep the games Tony is out. We need it tbh!

Raven
01-04-2015, 11:40 AM
full breakout season, he is a decent starter in the league.

Mel_13
01-04-2015, 12:18 PM
lol @ HC.

We're all wrong sometimes, but few are wrong as often and none in such consistently spectacular fashion.

hooperflash
06-16-2015, 06:41 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Chinook
06-16-2015, 06:43 PM
I love the hashtag in the second one.

hooperflash
01-18-2017, 03:41 AM
33 pts https://youtu.be/VcYqbQnWepc?t=24s

YGWHI
01-18-2017, 03:43 AM
Great!!! Well done, CoJo :toast