PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Greatness sons...bow down....

Floyd Pacquiao
05-15-2013, 12:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKR0MqhCAAMjr3v.jpg:large

Reck
05-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Yeah I thought about all the lakerfans here who get salty when you bring up Duncan. This must have stung pretty good.

irishock
05-15-2013, 12:12 AM
inb4 "boiled down...."

lefty
05-15-2013, 12:13 AM
lol shaq

Picked the Warriors to win game 5

Warriors lost

And TD got ahead of him

Legacy
05-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Timmayy!! :hat

AaronY
05-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Magics number is mind blowing..

Reck
05-15-2013, 12:17 AM
lol shaq

Warriors lost

And TD got ahead of him

That's probably why he picked them. He was aware of this little gem. :lol

:lol mad Kobe passed him in rings
:lol gets clowned on every show
:lol gets stingy mad when players break his records.

Legacy
lol shaq

Warriors lost

And TD got ahead of him

:lmao Aaaahhhh... HHHhhhmmmmmmm... I get it now. :p:

HarlemHeat37
Magics son is cock blowing..

Fixed if for you, my guy, tbh..

Bynumite
05-15-2013, 12:23 AM
He's playing like shit and it will only get worse against the bears. Proceed with the stat padding though.

midnightpulp
05-15-2013, 12:26 AM
He's playing like shit and it will only get worse against the bears. Proceed with the stat padding though.

So mad right now.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2013, 12:31 AM

duncanhoward.gif

Bynumite
05-15-2013, 12:31 AM
So mad right now.

I said the spurs would make the WCF before the 2nd round started but Memphis would make the Finals. How am i mad when the current events are something i expected from the start?

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
37-year old Duncan may have to go through a defensive gauntlet of Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut and Marc Gasol in consecutive series'..those are 3 of the top 5 defensive Cs in the league, crazy competition, tbh..

midnightpulp
05-15-2013, 12:39 AM
I said the spurs would make the WCF before the 2nd round started but Memphis would make the Finals. How am i mad when the current events are something i expected from the start?

Lol Cognitive dissonance.

Because after game 1 and 2, it looked like the Warriors were the better team, and had you believing an upset was probable, an event you'd much rather have happen than the Spurs making the Western Conference Finals. Your hope was reignited after game 4. Now that the Spurs have assumed control, you're basically the figurative 6 year old child who was just told Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Now you'll have to pathetically resort to "bragging" about the Spurs losing to "Dem Bears" in the WCF, which will be (if it happens) funny and sad at the same time.

Anything to soothe the pain of the sweep, eh?

Bynumite
05-15-2013, 12:42 AM

Because after game 1 and 2, it looked like the Warriors were the better team, and had you believing an upset was probable, an event you'd much rather have happen than the Spurs making the Western Conference Finals. Your hope was reignited after game 4. Now that the Spurs have assumed control, you're basically the figurative 6 year old child who was just told Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Now you'll have to pathetically resort to "bragging" about the Spurs losing to "Dem Bears" in the WCF, which will be (if it happens) funny and sad at the same time.

midnightpulp
05-15-2013, 12:43 AM
So mad :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2013, 12:46 AM
on remembers great history

but doesnt want anything to do with the last 7 yrs of albatross spurs

Bynumite
05-15-2013, 12:57 AM

The spurs got it easy so far, an injured Lakers team without their best player and forced to play D leaguers for extended minutes and the young Dubs, lacking playoff experience.

Don't act like the spurs had to overcome huge obstacles because that's not the case. Spurs simply fulfilled the duties of a healthy regular season conference champion.

But if Memphis stays healthy, shit's about to get real for the spurs and you know it. The WCF was a lock for the spurs given the circumstances.

Jacob1983
05-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Magic's stats are padded because he played in the Finals almost every year in the 1980s. Duncan's stats are great but recent Spurs team have stunk in the playoffs so he hasn't had as many chances to pass Magic. Duncan could probably do it before he retires if the Spurs have a deep playoff run this year and maybe one more before he calls it quits.

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2013, 01:02 AM
The spurs got it easy so far, an injured Lakers team without their best player and forced to play D leaguers for extended minutes and the young Dubs, lacking playoff experience.

Don't act like the spurs had to overcome huge obstacles because that's not the case. Spurs simply fulfilled the duties of a healthy regular season conference champion.

But if Memphis stays healthy, shit's about to get real for the spurs and you know it. The WCF was a lock for the spurs given the circumstances.

you say without lakers best player? wtf you on about ****? i saw 3 cunts out there in grey shirts who been the lakers best for 3 weeks end of the RS getting the lakers into the playoffs...

midnightpulp
05-15-2013, 01:03 AM

Those "D-leagues" played better and showed more heart and energy than Nash and "Blake Mamba" ever did in the series. And I don't give a shit if you were without Kobe, a frontline featuring Gasol and Howard should be enough to win one game, or at least not lose every game by 20 against a "fool's gold" team like the Spurs. It's also funny how you don't mention our "D-leaguer" Aron Baynes holding your boy Dwight to 7 points.

This years Lakers were heartless, gutless, and shitty. Even if Kirby had played, it's a 5 game series at best. The Lakers were that bad.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 01:13 AM
:lol Los Angeles Grizzlies fans with the excuse express

Most realistic NBA fans had the Spurs' ceiling as the WCF when the season started... reaching the WCF would actually be 'mission accomplished'. Anything past that is gravy.

On the other hand, Lakerfan predicted their team to be a lock to the WCF and instead had to endure 80% of the season under .500, the future of the franchise being dominated by a d-leaguer, the Achilles, Nash ducking his kids, D'Antoni running his players to the ground, the Spurs, of all teams, sweeping their asses on the first round, and now trying to have another team backup all the mouth-running they did throughout the season... :lmao

In other words, the biggest failure in the history of sports :lmao

Jacob1983
05-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Will you be happy with just a Silver Ball? The Spurs name, reputation, and legacy could change if they get the Silver Ball but don't win the Larry O'Brien trophy. It will be 4-1 instead of 5-0. Would you rather it stay at 4-0 instead of possibly risking it and winding up at 4-1? And if the Spurs play the Heat in the Finals but lose, Mavs fans will have bragging rights as still the only team in NBA history to eliminate them in the Finals.

Reck
05-15-2013, 01:26 AM

The good old too young excuse.

Funny we weren't hearing any of that when Warriors were dominating the series.

Somehow now that the Spurs are in control it becomes a matter of too much experienced against little expirience.

I'm sorry but that's not going to fly.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Will you be happy with just a Silver Ball? The Spurs name, reputation, and legacy could change if they get the Silver Ball but don't win the Larry O'Brien trophy. It will be 4-1 instead of 5-0. Would you rather it stay at 4-0 instead of possibly risking it and winding up at 4-1? And if the Spurs play the Heat in the Finals but lose, Mavs fans will have bragging rights as still the only team in NBA history to eliminate them in the Finals.

If we reach the WCF, anything past that is gravy. According to some 'fans' here, this Spurs team wasn't even supposed to be making the playoffs these days with 'Jim being done' and what not...

Reck
05-15-2013, 01:33 AM

Spurs>Undertaker :lol

Wishful thinking I know.

Jacob1983
05-15-2013, 01:34 AM
But what about the Silver Ball? You're telling me you don't want another Silver Ball?

ElNono
05-15-2013, 01:36 AM
But what about the Silver Ball? You're telling me you don't want another Silver Ball?

sure, we'll take anything we can get... I'll love another LOB too, but at that point we would be severely overachieving, IMO.

whitemamba
05-15-2013, 01:39 AM

psych major?

Jacob1983
05-15-2013, 01:40 AM
I'm asking you if you would be okay with the Spurs being 4 for 5 in the Finals rather than 4 for 4 or 5 for 5? The Spurs always win the Larry O'Brien trophy when they are in the Finals. The Spurs have never even trailed in the Finals. Game 7 of the 2005 Finals is the only time the Spurs have been tested in the Finals. And it's the only time the Spurs have faced elimination in the Finals too.

Legacy
05-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Just hoping for the best, preparing for the worst over here as well. I got too caught up in last year's Playoffs and then BOOM--we got hit with a brick wall. I learned my lesson BIG TIME afterwards. It took me a few weeks to recover from that loss because I let myself get too caught up into everything. I'm definitely more mentally prepared this time for any upsets. I guess you can say I'm more "zen" about whatever happens,lol. I'd rather just go with the flow of life than stressing over something I have absolutely NO control of. There's just no point in it. *shrug*

ElNono
05-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm asking you if you would be okay with the Spurs being 4 for 5 in the Finals rather than 4 for 4 or 5 for 5? The Spurs always win the Larry O'Brien trophy when they are in the Finals. The Spurs have never even trailed in the Finals. Game 7 of the 2005 Finals is the only time the Spurs have been tested in the Finals. And it's the only time the Spurs have faced elimination in the Finals too.

I would certainly rather be 5-5. With this team, I'm ok with anything if they get to the WCF.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Instead, it was about one of the best trios in NBA history. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili won their 93rd playoff game together, tying Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Byron Scott of the Los Angeles Lakers for the second-most playoff wins as a trio in NBA history. Only Magic, Kareem and Michael Cooper (110) have more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/58273/spurs-trio-outduels-warriors-duo

Nathan89
05-15-2013, 02:35 AM

Yes, I rather make it to the finals and know that the Heat beat the Spurs than think "what if".

Robz4000
05-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Let's say TD ends up passing Magic on that list. How does that impact his all-time ranking, if at all? IMO that officially puts him ahead of Kobe and Shaq, regardless of if he rings again or not, though I'm sure most if us already have him as such.

FkLA
05-15-2013, 03:45 AM

Jake the Snake, did anybody think the Mavs would win in '11? If my Spurs get there who the fuck knows maybe Kawhi gives the King trouble and he chokes just as bad as he choked in 2011 and we win #5 tbh. If it doesnt happen then oh well atleast these old ass Big 3 gave it one last shot. So in short, fuck yeah ill take 4-1 over 4-0.

:flag:

Latarian Milton
05-15-2013, 03:45 AM
i think it's easier for a PG or a big to net double-doubles than it is for a SG/SF. PGs get assists and bigs dominate rebounds, while SGs and SFs need to do both and often spread their numbers over rebounds and assists.

Latarian Milton
05-15-2013, 03:47 AM
mavs also by far the only team to have been asskicked by miami in the nba finals imho

Thebesteva
05-15-2013, 04:06 AM
lol shaq

Warriors lost

And TD got ahead of him

It's weird when I think about the 2nd half of Shaq's career. That guy was bigger than Kobe when he was here. The Superman aura captivated this city, he was larger than life. He was the Mike Tyson of the NBA, he wouldn't just beat you, he would beat the dog shit out of you.

I thought he'd in essence retire in Miami with another ring or two and go down as an all time legend. Instead, the second half of his career was horrific. He went to more teams in the span of 4-5 season than Kevin Willis.

mrjap2x
05-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Kinda sounds stupid but are triple doubles excluded in count of double doubles?

FkLA
05-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Kinda sounds stupid but are triple doubles excluded in count of double doubles?

Of course not, dumbass.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Why the fuck do people think that losing in the NBA finals is worst than losing before that? :lol

Brazil
05-15-2013, 08:10 AM

I'd be okay with being 4 for 5, it would mean the team had another shot to a fifth

Brazil
05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Why the fuck do people think that losing in the NBA finals is worst than losing before that? :lol

exactly

who gives a fuck except for trolling purposes to be 4-0 in finals ?

Baynes
05-15-2013, 08:56 AM

swept :lol:lmao

Dunc n Dave
05-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Let's get back to this...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKR0MqhCAAMjr3v.jpg:large

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
GOAT of his generation, bar none.