PDA

View Full Version : Calling it right now: Jackson will start Jack over Landry in game 6.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't know if it deserves a thread but I wanted to go on record.

To not make it a completely worthless thread please play along and answer these questions:

1) Do you think he will do it?
2) Would you do it if you were him?
3) Would it work for them?
4) How should the Spurs respond if it happens?

Richie
05-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Hope so. Go to Splitter/Timmy in the post vs Barnes every possession.

spurraider21
05-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Spurs eat the boards for breakfast tbh

Chinook
05-15-2013, 12:21 AM
1-I could see it. He's probably convinced it's their best lineup.

2-Nope. See next question.

3-Hell no. That allows Green to check Curry from jumpstreet.

4-The way they always respond when that lineup is on the floor. Let Splitter and Diaw try their hand at guarding Barnes, and put in Neal or Joseph to buy Ginobili time if they can't keep Barnes from scoring.

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 12:44 AM
1- Maybe
2- No
3- Yes, because Pop would matchup and play Neal
4- Keep playing the rotation that won us 58 games

DAF86
05-15-2013, 01:18 AM
1- Maybe
2- No
3- Yes, because Pop would matchup and play Neal
4- Keep playing the rotation that won us 58 games

That's contradictory. Why wouldn't you go with it if you think it would work?

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 01:28 AM
That's contradictory. Why wouldn't you go with it if you think it would work?
I don't like small ball and just because i said that would work doesn't mean that's the only way

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Why would he? He would have absolutely no scorers to bring off the bench if he did that. Jack will take shots away from Curry and Klay. Would be colossally stupid.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Why would he? He would have absolutely no scorers to bring off the bench if he did that. Jack will take shots away from Curry and Klay. Would be colossally stupid.

He got 3 of the 4 W's against Denver playing this way.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 02:00 AM

We aren't Denver.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 02:07 AM
We aren't Denver.

So what? That doesn't have anything to do with what you first said. You said Jackson would be "colossally stupid" to make this move 'cause: "He would have absolutely no scorers to bring off the bench if he did that and Jack will take shots away from Curry and Klay" you didn't bring the Spurs at all on your argument so I'm asking you: Why would this move hurt them when it didn't hurt them in round 1?

capek
05-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Calling it now. In Jackson's post game interview for game 6, he will repeat over and over again, "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum

Nathan89
05-15-2013, 02:21 AM

Splitter wouldn't be successful against Barnes in the post. Splitter has no post skills.

racm
05-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Splitter wouldn't be successful against Barnes in the post. Splitter has no post skills.

He posted up Abaka quite well earlier this season

blkroadrunners
05-15-2013, 03:16 AM

He put Jack into the starting rotation due to Lee's injury and also to counter Karl's lineup since the Nuggets had Chandler at the 4. I don't see MJ pulling this lineup since the Parker/Green/Leonard/Duncan/Splitter tandem has been working pretty well.

FkLA
05-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Jack is fucking tough and clutch. At this point I actually feel more comfortable when its a Curry/Thompson backcourt instead of Jack and one of them tbh. Hope he doesnt start Jack although I wouldnt be surprised...I wonder why Jack has bounced around so much he seems like a starting caliber PG imo.

TE
05-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Pop is making Jack and Barnes beat us while taking Curry/Thompson out of the game. It's actually a good strategy because it makes Jack go into hero-ball mode. I prefer that over Curry/Thompson going nuts tbh.

silverblk mystix
05-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Has that Blasian motherfucker ever missed a shot against the Spurs?

Johnny RIngo
05-15-2013, 06:40 AM

Guess you forgot Tiago having problems posting up Derek Fisher last year. Softest big in the league. Decent defender though(the only thing keeping him from getting his ass glued to the bench).

Dex
05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I doubt Jack starts game 6, but I am extremely impressed with his play. He is extremely locked in right now. Every time he goes for that mid-range pull up, I expect for it to go in, and I'm unfortunately right the majority of the time. Not only that, but his buckets always seem to come at momentous times, when the Warriors are trying to stem the tide or squash a Spurs rally. He has arguably been their best player over the past two games, and is providing a Manu-like punch off the bench. I can't remember the last player the Spurs had who was as automatic with a jumper.

I'd like to see CoJo get more minutes on him, because he seems to be the only guy who has been able to slow him down up to this point.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
So what? That doesn't have anything to do with what you first said. You said Jackson would be "colossally stupid" to make this move 'cause: "He would have absolutely no scorers to bring off the bench if he did that and Jack will take shots away from Curry and Klay" you didn't bring the Spurs at all on your argument so I'm asking you: Why would this move hurt them when it didn't hurt them in round 1?

Because the Spurs are much better at exploiting mismatches and taking advantage of deficiencies than the Nuggets are. We're a much smarter team. And I think we match up a LOT better if Jack starts. Parker on Jack, Green on Curry, Kawhi on Klay... suddenly they have no one who's able to get free to score, and then their bench is even more anemic.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Because the Spurs are much better at exploiting mismatches and taking advantage of deficiencies than the Nuggets are. We're a much smarter team. And I think we match up a LOT better if Jack starts. Parker on Jack, Green on Curry, Kawhi on Klay... suddenly they have no one who's able to get free to score, and then their bench is even more anemic.

Well you should have said that instead of what you said, tbh.

Anyways I don't know if I fully agree. Since Tiago was inserted in the starting line-up the Spurs have dominated this series, if not for that choke at the end of game 4 this shit would be over by now. It's clear that what the Warriors are doing isn't working anymore, they need to shake things up and what better way of doing this than inserting a guy that is playing pretty well right now and going with a formula that has already gave you benefits in these playoffs.

Spur-Addict
05-15-2013, 11:00 AM
When they go small, the solution is more Diaw. They end up going small through large stretches of the game anyways, so Diaw needs to at least play 20-25 minutes per. His versatility nullifies (As best as possible with our current rotation) their lineup changes, and their zone defense. He can guard their 3's, and post their 3's. He can guard 4's, and post Draymond Green when he plays the 4. Whenever he has played at least 20 minutes per this series, we win. The only problem I have with Diaw, is when he settles for too many outside jumpers. But, he attacked the basket a few times last game so obviously he saw what I saw.

Mugen
05-15-2013, 11:01 AM
I think he does shake up the starting lineup in Game 6. Spurs have controlled the 1st quarter the last 3 games and the W's can't afford a slow start in Game 6. I'd prob start Jack and hope they get off to a good start and get the crowd involved early.

As for it working, it's going to depend on if Barnes can hit the jumpers that Tiago will be giving him. Tiago is too soft in the post to punish anybody not named Curry on their team so they'll be fine defensively.

I'd have a real quick hook on Splitter and bring in Boris if they use this strategy and have success with it early.

Johnny RIngo
05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Since Tiago was inserted in the starting line-up the Spurs have dominated this series

This is what everyone was calling for from day one. Unfortunately, Pop got cute with the lineups and tinkered with a winning formula. Now if only Tiago regained some semblance of his offensive game, Spurs would be in great shape moving forward.

Raven
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't know if it deserves a thread but I wanted to go on record.

To not make it a completely worthless thread please play along and answer these questions:

1) Do you think he will do it?
2) Would you do it if you were him?
3) Would it work for them?
4) How should the Spurs respond if it happens?

No.
No.
No.
I don't know tbh, attack the rim non stop until bogut fouls out.. It's not like leaving jack open for midrange jumpers is that bad, as long as curry and thompson are out, it shouldn't hurt us too much, also it would be very easy to grab rebs..

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Well you should have said that instead of what you said, tbh.

Anyways I don't know if I fully agree. Since Tiago was inserted in the starting line-up the Spurs have dominated this series, if not for that choke at the end of game 4 this shit would be over by now. It's clear that what the Warriors are doing isn't working anymore, they need to shake things up and what better way of doing this than inserting a guy that is playing pretty well right now and going with a formula that has already gave you benefits in these playoffs.

It has far less to do with Tiago and far more to do with putting Leonard on Klay and Green on Curry, from what I can tell. They get no open shots now and their shooting has tanked. That's what hurt us so bad most of the series. We lost game 4 because we shot 35/24/56%.

Spur-Addict
05-15-2013, 11:34 AM
It has far less to do with Tiago and far more to do with putting Leonard on Klay and Green on Curry, from what I can tell. They get no open shots now and their shooting has tanked. That's what hurt us so bad most of the series. We lost game 4 because we shot 35/24/56%.

We absolutely shot poor from the field, there is no debate on team percentages effect on the outcome. But we did not dictate much of the late stretch of the game with lineups. Diaw should've played much more than he did. I don't care if his 1st half was sub par. Having Neal guard Barnes or Thompson is clearly not the correct option, ESPECIALLY late in games. Also, playing undersized contributes to giving up 19 offensive boards as well. And we all know how giving up 19 offensive boards can drastically change a game. And I think Pop realized the same defects to the lineup, and played Diaw 20 plus minutes.

BlackSilver
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
This is what everyone was calling for from day one. Unfortunately, Pop got cute with the lineups and tinkered with a winning formula. Now if only Tiago regained some semblance of his offensive game, Spurs would be in great shape moving forward.

Or...I dunno, MAYBE it had something to do with Tiago being injured.

Horse
05-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Jack is fucking tough and clutch. At this point I actually feel more comfortable when its a Curry/Thompson backcourt instead of Jack and one of them tbh. Hope he doesnt start Jack although I wouldnt be surprised...I wonder why Jack has bounced around so much he seems like a starting caliber PG imo.

He's bounced around cause he takes so many bad shots. Yeah he's tough but he's a lucky fuck. I welcome his cause he will cool off and he turns the ball over.

MannyIsGod
05-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Calling it right now: You're wrong.

EricB
05-15-2013, 01:42 PM
If he ever was gonna do it , second half last night was it. However, Jackson hardly ever dictates matchups.

EVAY
05-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Pop is making Jack and Barnes beat us while taking Curry/Thompson out of the game. It's actually a good strategy because it makes Jack go into hero-ball mode. I prefer that over Curry/Thompson going nuts tbh.

This.