PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else mute they tv when black preacher speaks in huddle?

hater
05-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Or is it only me?

DejuanorwhatDude
05-15-2013, 03:56 AM
LOL

DejuanorwhatDude
05-15-2013, 03:57 AM
Seriously fuck the amount of coverage Mark Jackson gets. I've seen one time out from Pop all series.

J.T.
05-15-2013, 04:02 AM
I mute the entire game when Chris Webber is calling it, tbh

Stabula
05-15-2013, 04:09 AM
No but that's a good idea, actually. Can't stand that fuck.

50Bestspurever
05-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Buck said it best mark jackson=john lucas. fuck em both.

hooperflash
05-15-2013, 04:44 AM
I had the game muted the whole time. I wasn't bluffing when I said I'd mute in the game thread :lol Can't stand Webber and the black preacher, tbh.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2013, 07:25 AM
If I'm watching the game in real time, I'll pause during commercials so I can skip over shit like that.

From what I've seen, what Jackson tells his team is exactly what you should tell a young team. They're horribly overmatched, and they've won two games.

pgardn
05-15-2013, 07:36 AM
He is the team psychologist. If his assistant, who actually gives instruction, gets a job elsewhere, he is done once this team matures.

TampaDude
05-15-2013, 07:37 AM
"Mama, there goes that man..."

Budkin
05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
I watched the entire game on mute. So much more enjoyable.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 08:15 AM
I watched the entire game on mute. So much more enjoyable.

WOAI alldayerrday..

Budkin
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
WOAI alldayerrday..

Problem with WOAI is that it's not in sync with the TV.

Leetonidas
05-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Mark Jackson is a faggot. The reason they mic him up is so they can show him repeating the same throwaway lines we've heard for year even though he's doing no real coaching or drawing shit up. After he said god had his hands on their team I hope that douche gets struck by lightning

Gospursel
05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm a preacher, so I watch Mark Jackson for tips not on basketball but for next Sunday's message.

redskinfan
05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
You mean Mark Cliche Jackson?

kjhip1
05-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Can't believe the amount of whining on the account of hearing the "black preacher". It offends u that much? Obviously the coach has a pretty close knit group of players. To each their own. Seems like he gets the respect from his team. Good series so far. But the knit picking is pretty lame tbh.

spurspokesman
05-15-2013, 08:42 AM
No. I enjoy hearing there reaction when the Spurs make them eat S@#$

Va Spur
05-15-2013, 08:50 AM
man-- some Jackson venom-- seems like a genuine guy to me-- lot of hate here

First-- totally agree that Jackson does not draw up a play or coach much technically (at least from what we hear)

Second He is a good fit at least now for this team. He's gotten a lot out of young team-- and they play for him --isn't that a big part of coaching???

third-- calm down people-- Why are you blaming Jackson for TNT/ESPN. He's just with his team-- pretty sure he could care less that you are listening in. i know POP surely doesn't.

fourth-- yes i am preacher too

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Seriously fuck the amount of coverage Mark Jackson gets. I've seen one time out from Pop all series.

As poorly as the Spurs have played for so much of the series most of his time out speeches could only make it on the air as one long bleep.

Paulie
05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm a preacher, so I watch Mark Jackson for tips not on basketball but for next Sunday's message.

:rollin

mercos
05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
The slobbering over Golden State in general has been nauseating. As a Spurs fan, you get used to the media loving the opposition.

Beaverfuzz
05-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Don't worry, we won't have to hear from Webber anymore as game 7 (if necessary) would be an ABC game.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Id say half Christian youth pastor and half parody jordan tweets

SenorSpur
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
He certainly wont make anyone forget Martin Luther King, Jr.

Whisky Dog
05-15-2013, 02:21 PM
They won't show the actual instruction in the huddle on TV so all we're left with is the "rah rah" stuff. Can't judge the guy on coaching acumen based on that, but I will say he's just as annoying as a coach as he was doing commentary.

Hemotivo
05-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Or is it only me?

:tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
He works really well with GS since they're a young team, but I wonder what his coaching style would be if he were coaching veterans, or how it'll evolve as the team evolves.

hater
05-15-2013, 04:00 PM
:rolleyes

Black preacha knows how to hit the right buttons to get ESPN to show him. Please. It's all an act. He's doing his job as a hack preacha, and ESPN is packaging it all up and selling it to the millions of retarded tv viewers.

What most ppl miss is that it's mostly bullshit. I did hear 1 bit in game 5 where black preacha said "we're keeping them in the game" when the Warriors were trailing by 15 :lmao

black preacha is a hack and it disgusts me to see these displays on my tv. that's why I mute that fake, stripper fucking, gangsta bailing SOB

DarrinS
05-15-2013, 04:02 PM
TNT will definitely use that "reel 'em in" line after this series is over.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
They won't show the actual instruction in the huddle on TV so all we're left with is the "rah rah" stuff. Can't judge the guy on coaching acumen based on that, but I will say he's just as annoying as a coach as he was doing commentary.

He doesn't have any instruction to give, his coaching method is solely "rah rah" stuff.

mudyez
05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
I like Jackson's wired TO's. He is the type of coach they show in Disney movies or your girlfriend loves for beeing so close to his players.

Do I think, he is a good coach? Not really!

More like a Mary Poppins or one of these animals from that TV show (hamster, duck and frog...flying around...rescuing other animals...singing shit...what is it called again?).

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
It's widely known that Mike Malone is the X's and O's coach for the Warriors, tbh..

eric365
05-15-2013, 04:14 PM
I actually like when he is preaching. I don't believe in what he says but I like listenning it

05-15-2013, 09:14 PM
This.
They don't show any coach giving his team actual instruction. I'm not sure what you all expected.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I had almost the whole game on mute.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
He was a pretty dam good PG when he played. I would think that he would know how to draw up plays and run a team as a coach.

I hated Mark Jackson as a player. He was like a mini Barkley, minus the rebounding. I don't think I ever saw a possession where he dribble less than 25 times.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 09:24 PM
He doesn't have any instruction to give, his coaching method is solely "rah rah" stuff.

This. I think in the next year or two he'll lose the team when they see the man behind the curtain isn't the Wizard.

HI-FI
05-15-2013, 09:32 PM
my dislike comes from his as an announcer. it's no accident that JVG and Mike Breen have become the best announcing duo, imo, once Jackass left. All Jackson did was say stupid trite shit, like "hands down man down" or "momma there goes that man". I also think it's arrogant that he demanded a HC coach gig without working his way up.

he's an obnoxious human being and his wife's national anthem was an insult. I'm also not a fan of the "God has his hands on our team" thing. It's the same reason I hate when teams like New Orleans Saints say they are doing it for Katrina or whatever. It instantly makes them the good guys, yet those same teams still commit dirty shit.

GSH
05-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Jackson has a good young team, and he has been all about trying to convince them that they belong here. He's smart enough to know that there is only so much you can cram into a timeout, and that there is only so much you can do at the end of the season. He's saying exactly what this team needs to hear. And I don't know why that would be of interest to anyone other than his own players.

If you're bitching because you don't agree with his religious beliefs, or trying to get young multi-millionaires to be good people, you're a fool. Reggie Miller doesn't subscribe to Jackson's religious beliefs, but he respects the hell out of Marc Jackson, and what he does for young men as well as young basketball players. And Marc Jackson has been about as consistent as anyone I know, over the years. That's a pretty good trick, considering how many people are waiting for him to get a speeding ticket, just to prove "what a hypocrite he is". Guys who try to stand for something have to fill much bigger shoes, and Jackson has done a pretty good job of it. As for coaching - he's got these kids believing that they can knock off the Spurs, and playing like it. What more could you ask? Maybe a better idea would be to give him some credit, even if you do turn off the sound.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Jackson has a good young team, and he has been all about trying to convince them that they belong here. He's smart enough to know that there is only so much you can cram into a timeout, and that there is only so much you can do at the end of the season. He's saying exactly what this team needs to hear. And I don't know why that would be of interest to anyone other than his own players.

If you're bitching because you don't agree with his religious beliefs, or trying to get young multi-millionaires to be good people, you're a fool. Reggie Miller doesn't subscribe to Jackson's religious beliefs, but he respects the hell out of Marc Jackson, and what he does for young men as well as young basketball players. And Marc Jackson has been about as consistent as anyone I know, over the years. That's a pretty good trick, considering how many people are waiting for him to get a speeding ticket, just to prove "what a hypocrite he is". Guys who try to stand for something have to fill much bigger shoes, and Jackson has done a pretty good job of it. As for coaching - he's got these kids believing that they can knock off the Spurs, and playing like it. What more could you ask? Maybe a better idea would be to give him some credit, even if you do turn off the sound.

He's already proved what a hypocrite he is with the prostitute. No need to wait for that speeding ticket.

Chinook
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
He's already proved what a hypocrite he is with the prostitute. No need to wait for that speeding ticket.

:lol I was gonna say it if you hadn't.

james evans
05-15-2013, 10:41 PM
no, black people don't bother me being that my mom, dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are all black.

hater
05-15-2013, 11:13 PM

:lmao

GSH
05-15-2013, 11:59 PM

:lol I was gonna say it if you hadn't.

:lmao

Heh... that's what I was waiting for. Most of you don't care if Jackson is a good coach or not. And you don't care if an ex-NBA player hires a prostitute. You don't like his religious beliefs, but instead of just saying so you want to bitch about what he says during timeouts. Just say what you mean. Jackson may be a hypocrite, but at least he had the stones to take the heat, instead of paying off the extortion money.

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about his religious beliefs. Especially when the question is whether he's been a good coach for GS this year. They knocked off Denver, which almost nobody thought was possible. They've given the Spurs all they could handle so far. And some of you want to second-guess what he says during timeouts? I'd be that most of the same people celebrated Pop's, "I want some nasty" comment. Pop told that team what they needed to hear, even if they didn't respond. And Jackson has been telling this team what they needed to hear, and they've responded pretty damned well.

If you don't like the guy, fine. Just grow a pair and say so. Don't pretend it's about his coaching ability.

superbigtime
05-16-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't like him.

crc21209
05-16-2013, 01:42 AM
I don't care much for Mark Jackson. I don't think he's worthy of an NBA coaching job. Sure he's a good motivator but I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy...

FkLA
05-16-2013, 01:43 AM
He is corny and cliche during the wired soundbites but that doesnt make him a bad coach. What genius coaching soundbite have we heard from Pop? Unless you consider I want some nasty as genius its all the same bullshit tbh. What you hear is his way of motivating...he creates an us against the world mentality whereas Pop is more of a hard ass dictator. Different approaches but cant really argue with either result.

Chinook
05-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Heh... that's what I was waiting for. Most of you don't care if Jackson is a good coach or not. And you don't care if an ex-NBA player hires a prostitute. You don't like his religious beliefs, but instead of just saying so you want to bitch about what he says during timeouts. Just say what you mean. Jackson may be a hypocrite, but at least he had the stones to take the heat, instead of paying off the extortion money.

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about his religious beliefs. Especially when the question is whether he's been a good coach for GS this year. They knocked off Denver, which almost nobody thought was possible. They've given the Spurs all they could handle so far. And some of you want to second-guess what he says during timeouts? I'd be that most of the same people celebrated Pop's, "I want some nasty" comment. Pop told that team what they needed to hear, even if they didn't respond. And Jackson has been telling this team what they needed to hear, and they've responded pretty damned well.

If you don't like the guy, fine. Just grow a pair and say so. Don't pretend it's about his coaching ability.

If you had the misfortune of finding your way to the Collins thread downstairs, you'd know that I have no issue with Jackson's beliefs, nor with him expressing them. I just found it funny that you're trying to make it seem like people are slinging mud at a pure soul. He's not, and that's fine. Jackson messed up, and his standing as a moral arbiter is forever compromised (even though he did eventually admit to it).

Does that make him a bad coach, or even a hypocrite for using faith when he's "sinned"? No. I'm not one of those people running around trying to show all people of faith are secret liars. I feel faith is a much more complicated part of psychology than those people do.

I don't dislike Jackson or his style of coaching at all. He, like Ray Lewis last playoffs, is saying exactly what his team needs to stay motivated. It doesn't have to make sense to outside people. If Jackson can get his team to believe they're divinely blessed, great. Faith will always be the most powerful motivational tool.

Jackson's true coaching mettle will be tested in coming years. He needs to develop some depth, because Curry's and Bogut may not be able to play big minutes anymore. He needs to expand his offense and find a way to make the necessary adjustments when things mess up his game plan. Most importantly, he needs to learn to how to motivate his team on an even higher level. Curry's confidence seems shot, and Jackson needs to find a way to keep that from happening again.

Chinook
05-16-2013, 01:59 AM
He is corny and cliche during the wired soundbites but that doesnt make him a bad coach. What genius coaching soundbite have we heard from Pop? Unless you consider I want some nasty as genius its all the same bullshit tbh. What you hear is his way of motivating...he creates an us against the world mentality whereas Pop is more of a hard ass dictator. Different approaches but cant really argue with either result.

I agree with you about the clips from time-outs being pretty much the same, but I think you're selling short how good the 'nasty' speech really was. Improper diction aside, it was an incredible speech, which touched on every mental issue the team was having at the time. Pop in general manages to really make an impact in his soundbites. It's interesting to contrast them with his general unwillingness to give elaborate answers in interviews.

Sean Cagney
05-16-2013, 02:00 AM

I agree he was horrible at Commentary! I could not stand him, he said the most obvious dumb shit! Well to win the game they must make their shots! NO SHIT Jackson! He said shit like that all the time, he sucked as a commentator, thank GOD he is not there now.

mudyez
05-16-2013, 04:02 AM

I as a coach(for like 11 years now) take a lot of pride in beeing a good motivator, but you have to take some things into account when performing the motivation:

1. You also have to have the players that react to stuff like that! The young Dubs team seems to be perfect, but imagine a coach pumping up a guy like Timmy, which looks at him like "wtf?". Trying to overmotivate the wrong players happened to me and it is ugly :).

2. You have to pick your spots! The playoffs seem to be the right situation for the Dubs, but imho I think these Spurs only need(/respond to) it in elimination games or the finals. Even now it may be too much for the Dubs as there have been too many situation where they where pumped but failed.

3. This stuff gets old fast. Doing this for like 2 years is ok, but after a while you tent to use the same frases and the stuff gets boring. Pop now coaches Timmy, Tony, Manu and most of the others for quite some time, Mark seems to be the guy that gets killed by his own players in like 2 years, when they are sick of him. In soccer you can see that with some national coaches. A guy like Jürgen Klinsman was a great motivator with Germany in 2006 but having the same players around you every day (playing about 60 games a season rather than about 6 in a tournament) is a different story.

4. Mark uses frases only but forgets about some basic principles when speaking to his players. For example you try to avoid negations, as the brain can't handle them. In game 5 Mark said something like: "We can't/shouldn't loose the ball this often"...the brain only gets: "loose the ball"...and thats just what happend the next posession. If he says "Take better care of the Ball!" the result may be something different. (I know that sounds like stupid psycho stuff, but I did really get better results since taking care of it when speaking before games and during timeouts).

That said: I don't think Pop is a great motivator, but with this team and in that scenario I'm taking Pop and his X&O's over a guy like Jackson every day.

btw.: Is Klinsman still your national soccer coach?

naico
05-16-2013, 04:50 AM
That dude has one hell of a monotone voice tbh..I'm surprised the GS players are able to pay attention to what he's saying.

naico
05-16-2013, 04:52 AM
I don't care much for Mark Jackson. I don't think he's worthy of an NBA coaching job. Sure he's a good motivator but I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy...

Looks like the assistant coach is doing all the coaching in that regard. Anybody else noticed that?

Legacy
05-16-2013, 05:15 AM
:rollin Don't even get me started. He brainwashes his team into believing that "their time" has already come to become this year's champions. It doesn't work that way, guy... sometimes you have to come back to The Playoffs a few more times before you finally get to The Promised Land. It didn't happen right away for MJ, it didn't happen right away for Duncan, for Kobe, for LeBron, etc; etc;... so PLEASE ... just STFU!! I'm a spiritual (not religious) person myself, but Geez, at least I'm also a logical person and have some common sense.

Have him and Pop even shown any respect for eachother throughout this series at all, BTW? Just curious... because I don't remember ever seeing either one of them coming up to the other one and shaking hands/showing any kind of professionalism towards eachother anytime before/during/after the games at all. ... Or am I just missing something?

UGH. Not to mention he sounds just like Charles Barkley with his big-ass mouf' running nonstop. Yadayadyadayadayadayada... "They don't respect us!..." Yadayadayadayadayadayada... "They all think we don't belong here!..." Yadayadayadayadayadayada.... (insert another we're out to molest them and chop them up into itty-bitty little pieces with an ax afterwards verse).
GAAAHHH!! WTF!!?? Again ... PLEASE ... just :stfu already, assclown, preacher, monk, cult leader, WTFever you are!!!

/rant :p:

mingus
05-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Jackson is a pretty damn good coach. He's also pretty damn annoying.

mudyez
05-16-2013, 05:22 AM
If he can't even get "the team of fate", "god's team", "touched by god team" to the finals, he needs to be fired immediately.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-16-2013, 05:46 AM
He's pretty arrogant and I really can't stand when they give him air time. He acts like his shit don't stink but he really hasn't done anything in his playing and coaching career. This and his introduction of "air space" to the world.....

The Reckoning
05-16-2013, 06:09 AM
lol he ran his good players into the ground

SouthernFried
05-16-2013, 07:05 AM
I don't think GS needs motivation...I think they need coaching.

IMHO, Mark Jackson is hurting GS. They have so much talent, it's crazy. They need a coach to help them, not a cheerleader.

I also think Jackson's speeches might be aimed more at the camera's...than his team.

hater
05-16-2013, 07:08 AM
I do find it annoying Black Preacha makes his speeches like he's leading a crusade to take over Jerusalem :lmao it's fucking basketball. rebound the fucking ball and pass it around. Shoot it. What the fuck is the need to say "you earned the right to win" "god has his hands on us" and bullshit like that

what the fuck does you earned the right to win mean anyway. You haven't won yet, so how the fuck you have the right to win? it's just a play with words to fool the weak minds of athletes

fuck this hack. using his fake ass preaching and insulting the intelligence of not only his players, but the american public :lmao

I don't want my intelligence damaged by these bullshit play on words that this fuck learned at black preacha school

and hell, I don't even blame the hack black preacha, go ahead and damage your player's intellect. It's ESPN's fault for airing that shit nonstop. It's a fucking circus. And there's noone stepping up to correct it, so I mute my tv.

SouthernFried
05-16-2013, 07:15 AM
I miss Sean

mudyez
05-16-2013, 07:21 AM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/warriors/2011/08/25/mark_jackson.JPG

get it?

pgardn
05-16-2013, 07:24 AM
When a coach uses the phrase, "God has his hands on us", when clearly referring to winning, and not the health of the team, it strikes some people as strange. You have 500 hundred or so "other" people get crushed in a building (some people read the news) and then you hear such a self- important totally egocentric statement, yep it's gonna make some people upset.

Good to hear the preachers on here are befuddled by the dichotomy...

Egocentric, self-important, give that a go in your next sermon...As a theme. Can I get an "Amen" from a preacher? I'm sure Jesus would be proud.

exstatic
05-16-2013, 07:57 AM

See, GSH? It can actually be BOTH.

Whisky Dog
05-16-2013, 10:02 AM
lol he ran his good players into the ground

To me this was his biggest mistake. Running Curry every second of a double overtime game 1 was insane, and the kid hasn't been the same since that 1st half of game 1. Partly due to better defense but he's also looking worn out because the playmaking is only there in small spurts too. Then running Klay Thompson every second of game 2 and that kid hasn't been the same since either due to the same reasons. Those young players are in uncharted territory as far as games played in one season and you can't run them those kinds of minutes.

Obstructed_View
05-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Looks like the assistant coach is doing all the coaching in that regard. Anybody else noticed that?

Tex Winter.

TheCerebral1
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I honestly could care less, put all the pressure on "America's team", and that plays more into the hands of TP, Manu and TimmyD. When they are eliminated in game six, this can be forgotten about as the Spurs move onto Memphis. Play the game to win, leave everything on the court and move on. Tony Parker said it best, that the pub that the greatest back court in NBA history were having in game one and two did not matter one moment. True professionalism.

HI-FI
05-16-2013, 08:21 PM
for those who suffered through Mark Jackson as an analyst, whoever made this video understands your pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtZ7eXwT7o

SilverSpur
05-17-2013, 04:43 PM
LOL! I mute his ass with passion. I can't believe you wrote this topic. LOL

DMC
05-17-2013, 04:51 PM
The media doesn't give a shit about GS. They just have a limited selection of topics, and the Spurs have been discussed ad nauseum over the past 15 years. Same Spurs, same game plan, same coach, same quips, same "class". Nothing new. Why report on it?