PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Word on the street is Metta World Piss is about to get amnestied

Thebesteva
05-15-2013, 04:51 AM
Supposedly it's all but official, it was on ESPN radio that the front office has told MWP that he will probably get amnestied. Lakers are not interested in using the amnesty on Gasol and definitely not on Kobe.

Good riddance, thanks for the awesome postseason run in 2010. I still miss Ron Artest...but Metta World Peace can go fuck himself.

Latarian Milton
05-15-2013, 05:08 AM
lakers have planned to amnesty him since before he changed his name to MWP tbh. good riddance for lakers if come true, and he'd be a decent pickup for vet min imho. he's still a decent player but only worth probably 1/3 or 1/4 the money he gets paid

Thebesteva
05-15-2013, 06:27 AM
lakers have planned to amnesty him since before he changed his name to MWP tbh. good riddance for lakers if come true, and he'd be a decent pickup for vet min imho. he's still a decent player but only worth probably 1/3 or 1/4 the money he gets paid

It's funny cuz his faggot ass brother went on Lakersground and made a thread saying,"Sorry LG, Ron isnt going anywhere," he basically went on to say he's gonna play his final year and get paid by the Lakers whether they like it or not. Good to see the Lakers are gonna amnesty that useless shitbag.

Though, I wish they could somehow get rid of Nash as well.

Raven
05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
not sure what good does that to them, other than paying less luxury tax..

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Ya, this would be a confusing strategy, tbh..

I'd take World Peace as a bench guy on the Spurs, though..

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Blasphemy.
I don't want that phony bitch near a Spurs bench.

We get our Championships legit or we don't get them at all.

Mugen
05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Blasphemy.

:lol How would having Artest on the bench invalidate a championship? He'd be a perfect backup 3/4 under Pop's system and add toughness to a team that needs it tbh.

Raven
05-15-2013, 11:23 AM
:lol How would having Artest on the bench invalidate a championship? He'd be a perfect backup 3/4 under Pop's system and add toughness to a team that needs it tbh.

artest is not suited to be a backup, at least according to his own words some time ago. Also i don't see him running in transition anymore, let alone shooting decently. His D is way overrated, he can post up perhaps any sf in the league though. In the end, i have no idea how to use him efficiently, considering he is a mental disaster, i would rather pass.

Mel_13
05-15-2013, 11:35 AM

Could save the Lakers 25-30 million dollars. They could very well make the judgement that the difference between Artest and a D-Leaguer isn't worth anywhere near that much money.

I agree with both of you that Artest would fit well on the Spurs. I doubt they'd be interested, but I would favor making a bid if Ron-Ron was available via amnesty.

Cane
05-15-2013, 11:37 AM
MWP is worth being in the league for his brother's tweets and forum posts alone. What he says about Lakerfan is just classic.

Mugen
05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
artest is not suited to be a backup, at least according to his own words some time ago. Also i don't see him running in transition anymore, let alone shooting decently. His D is way overrated, he can post up perhaps any sf in the league though. In the end, i have no idea how to use him efficiently, considering he is a mental disaster, i would rather pass.

At this point in his career, he's a backup 3/4. we don't need him running transition or being a reliable shooter or even as our main defensive stopper. We'd need him for 15-20 mins as a backup to Kawhi and smallball 4 and provide toughness to a team that needs it. Artest can do that. If he can accept that role then he's perfect.

Granted, the same thing was said about Jack and it didnt work out. But it was a worthy gamble and i think Artest would be as well tbh.

Mugen
05-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Could save the Lakers 25-30 million dollars. They could very well make the judgement that the difference between Artest and a D-Leaguer isn't worth anywhere near that much money.

I'm guessing this helps them re-sign Clark?

They're probably hanging onto Pau as Dwight insurance. If Dwight leaves, then Pau isn't going anywhere. If he resigns, I don't envision a scenario where D'Antoni/Pau/Dwight are all lakers next season.

Mel_13
05-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm guessing this helps them re-sign Clark?

They're probably hanging onto Pau as Dwight insurance. If Dwight leaves, then Pau isn't going anywhere. If he resigns, I don't envision a scenario where D'Antoni/Pau/Dwight are all lakers next season.

They have full Bird rights on Clark, so the only limitations on retaining him would be self-imposed financial constraints. If you assume that even the Lakers set some limits on their own payroll, and I do, then using the amnesty on Artest makes it easier to keep Clark.

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
He's forever stained due to his traitorous treatment of Larry Bird and Indy along with his cheapshots being coddled for a WWE title.
For a user like him, leaving the Fakeshow is not going to change his spots.

We've got toughness on the roster, we just have a bitch coach who refuseses to play them properly. Prefering instead ginger toughness.

Mugen
05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
They have full Bird rights on Clark, so the only limitations on retaining him would be self-imposed financial constraints. If you assume that even the Lakers set some limits on their own payroll, and I do, then using the amnesty on Artest makes it easier to keep Clark.

Thanks, Mel.

Monster1776
05-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Blasphemy.

Too be honest I see no difference in having Jackson on your bench instead of Artest. Only slight difference is that Artest is more crazy than stupid and Jackson is the opposite.

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Too be honest I see no difference in having Jackson on your bench instead of Artest. Only slight difference is that Artest is more crazy than stupid and Jackson is the opposite.
SJax does not deliver cheapshots like the one Metta World Puss put on Harden.
Have you forgotten because Harden changed uniforms?

baseline bum
05-15-2013, 01:31 PM

False. That shot he dropped the Detroit fan with was pretty cheap.

The main reason I like Jack over Artest is that Jackson has always been a guy who can hit high-pressure shots that most role-players get scared off by. Moot point now of course.

midnightpulp
05-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Do it, RC.

Be a nice backup for Kawhi.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Metta is welcome across the hallway, tbh.... the All-Crazy duo of Metta and Barnes has to be reunited :lol

spurraider21
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
this saves them luxury tax cash, but in no way shape or form helps them acquire new players though

Monster1776
05-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Remember how I said Metta was more crazy than stupid. Going insane after dunking and trying to take off someone's head because you're "in the moment" is crazy; not to mention the name change. Jax tweeting he's going to cum in Ibaka's mouth and jumping into the stands in Detroit is stupid.

Monster1776
05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Plus Artest LITERALLY takes crazy pills.

http://cdn2.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/CrazyPills.jpg?

capek
05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I think after what Pop & Co must of had to have gone through with Jackson at the end there, there is no way they'd pick up Artest. Once bitten twice shy etc etc

Raven
05-15-2013, 02:33 PM
At this point in his career, he's a backup 3/4. we don't need him running transition or being a reliable shooter or even as our main defensive stopper. We'd need him for 15-20 mins as a backup to Kawhi and smallball 4 and provide toughness to a team that needs it. Artest can do that. If he can accept that role then he's perfect.

Granted, the same thing was said about Jack and it didnt work out. But it was a worthy gamble and i think Artest would be as well tbh.

i guess you're right, the only thing i am not sure, is if artest knows he is now only suited for a backup job, i mean this is the guy who though they were going to beat the chicago record this year.

jag
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Plus Artest LITERALLY takes crazy pills.

http://cdn2.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/CrazyPills.jpg?

Hey-O!

EVAY
05-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Pretty accurate assessment, though in truth I don't want either one of them.