PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Is Memphis the most over-rated = over hyped team left in the playoffs - hell yes

Rummpd
05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Spurs will roll them this year with a healthy big three, Splitter, and Leonard and a much deeper and better team. Memphis just doing what is expected and getting props for beating a badly coached, over-hyped Clippers team without Griffin and a hurt Paul, and now a Thunder team without Westbrooke. LOL any media that really believes Marc Gasol is the best center in the game or the real DPOY or that anything their guards are doing is that special....

benefactor
05-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Are you going to have another meltdown if you are forced to take it in the ass like you did last season when you made threads like this? For fucks sake, the GS series isn't even over.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Are you going to have another meltdown if you are forced to take it in the ass like you did last season when you made threads like this? For fucks sake, the GS series isn't even over.

lol the irony

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213844

benefactor
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Not really sure what that statement has to do with that thread, but whatever.

benefactor
05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh yeah...and lol socially awkward.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Oh yeah...and lol socially awkward.

Who was this intended to? If it's me I don't know what you talkin 'bout Willis.

DAF86
05-15-2013, 09:41 AM

That you made that pussy thread after losing game 2 against the Warriors when the Spurs are the favorites to get to the NBA finals in the Western conference.

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 09:47 AM
TBH, we the way we are playing right now, relying heavily on Green and KL, Grizz will stomp the shit out of us.

Raven
05-15-2013, 09:47 AM
it will be interesting to see how we match up with them, they are literally the basket opposite of gsw.

benefactor
05-15-2013, 09:51 AM
That you made that pussy thread after losing game 2 against the Warriors when the Spurs are the favorites to get to the NBA finals in the Western conference.
I was giving the greys/homers shit...like I have for years. Try not to get trolled so easily.

They have a decent shot at beating Memphis but nothing is close set in stone with this team. I was talking to Rummpd on the socially awkward thing.

Phillip
05-15-2013, 09:56 AM
i would be very concerned by Memphis if I were San Antonio...

DAF86
05-15-2013, 10:00 AM
I would be very concerned about the lottery if I were Dallas.

benefactor
05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
It will be a physical series for sure...and it's not like the Spurs at their healthiest. Rummpd is just bringing the pre-ejac per par.

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:08 AM

I sure as hell am.

JamStone
05-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Don't know how much hype they are getting aside from the DPOY award to Gasol. I think most people know the limitations Memphis has, especially offensively. Depending on what you think their hype is, they may be overrated. But I don't think too many people (media or fans) think they're some great team or anything.

The one thing that may be talked about them that could be considered overhyped is that of the remaining playoff teams, they probably match up best against the Miami Heat. I actually agree with that. That doesn't mean they will or are likely to beat the Heat. It's just that they probably present the most challenges for them. They have very good wing defenders, a very good PG, and their frontcourt duo is something the Heat could have problems with defending. I'd still take the Heat in a series, but I think they would give the Heat the most problems of anyone else left because of the different match-ups.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2013, 10:15 AM
David Stern is going to be so mad if one of these teams beats his little buttercup.

skut_farkus
05-15-2013, 10:23 AM

X2

Memphis is a team that can beat you up, with the exception of Duncan im not sure anyone else on the spurs can handle that.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Splitter should watch all of Dolph Lundgren's movies.

Venti Quattro
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
David Stern is going to be so mad if one of these teams beats his little buttercup.

The beauty here is David Stern doesn't need to intervene and I hope he doesn't. The Heat can win the crown on their own.

mercos
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Gasol is overrated. He shouldn't have even been in the discussion for DPOY. Memphis as a team is rated just fine in my opinion. I don't hear them getting too much dap from the media. Right now everyone is too busy fawning over Golden State.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Spurs still need one guy outside of the big 3 to come up big on a consistent basis... could be Leonard, Green, Splitter... it just hasn't happened yet. When one or more of those guys play good, the Spurs are very tough to beat.

ElNono
05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
And I called Memphis to be a tough out this playoffs before they even started, tbh... Gasol ultimately justified winning the DPOY by pushing Griffin's and Ibaka's shit in. They're a team that is hungry and play slow-paced, playoff-style basketball all season long, so the playoffs are basically a continuation of what they do. They're not shiny, but I don't think they're overrated at all.

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:38 AM
And I called Memphis to be a tough out this playoffs before they even started, tbh... Gasol ultimately justified winning the DPOY by pushing Griffin's and Ibaka's shit in. They're a team that is hungry and play slow-paced, playoff-style basketball all season long, so the playoffs are basically a continuation of what they do. They're not shiny, but I don't think they're overrated at all.

Griffin and Ibaka aren't talented on offense tbh. Such 1 dimensional players. Not taking any credit away from Fat Marc and them Grizz but those 2 don't do shit on O.

Kidd K
05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
The Warriors play in Memphis now?

ElNono
05-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Griffin and Ibaka aren't talented on offense tbh. Such 1 dimensional players. Not taking any credit away from Fat Marc and them Grizz but those 2 don't do shit on O.

They're tough covers for anybody... Spursfan of all people should know...

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
premature ejaculation, this shit belongs upstairs

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
They're tough covers for anybody... Spursfan of all people should know...

Spurs frontline owned the shit out of the Griffin last year and this year. Ibaka had 1 fluke game last year.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
TBH, we the way we are playing right now, relying heavily on Green and KL, Grizz will stomp the shit out of us.

Memphis is relying on their scrubs just as much

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Memphis is relying on their scrubs just as much

Grizz frontline is scary. TD is tired as shit. I would be scared of them but I still believe on this team.

Let's finish GSW first anyway tbh.

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-15-2013, 10:49 AM
:lmao OP made these same types of threads last year when SA was up 2-0 against the Thunder... He was even calling for another "dynasty" type run by the Spurs :lmao

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
:lmao @ this thread from OP last year: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198346

Nathan89
05-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Ibaka is just missing the wide open shots he hit against us last year. Has nothing to do with Marc being a great defender. If Ibaka is getting less open shots it's because Grizz have other better defenders and Marc doesn't have help as much.

benefactor
05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
:lmao @ this thread from OP last year: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198346
The NBA got the series it wanted and the outcome it wanted even if it finally could not pull a rabbit out and skew it to 7 games or some shit like that.

Re this "artificially induced" finals, I am sure a lot watched and some even cared, that the Heat destroyed the Thunder.

Meanwhile, in all honestly, by far the two best and complete teams (the Bulls and Spurs) were home due to injuries or spurrious officiating at key moments and count the fans of the Celtics, Lakers and Mavs as also rightfully pissed off that their teams simply count not stand in the way of a dream match to end a shortened season. It iwll be peculiar for sure, that for some reason this season unlike the 99 season will not have an * attached to it; but one should be and doubled down as **2012 champs, for in reality the Heat are still a beatable team with no depth and poor skill at at least two positions, but whom somehow got the games called the way they needed for their superstars and of course "redeemed themselves" after last years seemingly equally scripted defeat where the NBA Gods placated Cuban finally.

Therefore, to get in step with what the Commish and the NBA Gods want many of you will coronate the King and revive his countdown to 7. You will surely pray and hope that Howard gets what the hell he really wants. You even will hope D. Williams goes to the Lakers or some such crap as that.
A few of you wil surely also hope that things will work out well for the Lottery lucky (or enhanced) Hornets who went from being owned by the NBA to a tax write off for a car salesman.

However, count me out of really caring for the NBA so much anymore.

For as my 14 y/o said, Dad if they are not going to even give them a chance with the calls why the hell should we watch or even care anymore? One should not and I cannot - so out for at least a long, long time..

KoolAid Mans Brother
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
^ :lol

Pelicans78
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Ibaka is just missing the wide open shots he hit against us last year. Has nothing to do with Marc being a great defender. If Ibaka is getting less open shots it's because Grizz have other better defenders and Marc doesn't have help as much.

Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense. And easily the best center in the league right now. He's not gonna get outplayed by Duncan.

Phillip
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
:cry dont say bad things about my team :cry

Phillip
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense.

this

he isn't flashy, be he is pretty much always in the right position at all times, makes sure his teammates are in the right position at all times, guards the PnR very well, and can play straight up defense very well on most any type of big man.

he may not necessarily be the best defender in the league, but he has a bigger impact on a top tier defensive team than any other single player does. he actually reminds me a lot of the effect Tyson Chandler had the year he was with the Mavs, only Gasol is better all around.

Brazil
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
We have a serie to finish tbh and Grizz have also one to finish

then and if we meet them they will be the favorites imho. They were the better team in 2011 and Spurs are two years older, Splitter and Leonard will be new factor in that serie but Grizz have gained a lot of experience and their style is quite adapted to the POs. Behind a dominant front court, Conley is extremely solid, their suffocating D is going to be a challenge for our young guys. If we meet I see them in 6, Spurs will have to play their A+ games in particular in the rebound department, huge workload ahead for Leonard, Tim and Splitter.

DMC
05-15-2013, 02:00 PM
No way God doesn't let Tim get his 5th ring this year. He did it for David and he'll do it for Tim. God is good, and that's the good news.

Monster1776
05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
A crippled Thunder team, a Spurs team about to turn to dust, and a Warriors team led by baby faced Curry? No, Memphis isn't overrated.

capek
05-15-2013, 02:33 PM

Just calling a bitch a bitch tbh :tu

capek
05-15-2013, 02:46 PM
We have a serie to finish tbh and Grizz have also one to finish

then and if we meet them they will be the favorites imho. They were the better team in 2011 and Spurs are two years older, Splitter and Leonard will be new factor in that serie but Grizz have gained a lot of experience and their style is quite adapted to the POs. Behind a dominant front court, Conley is extremely solid, their suffocating D is going to be a challenge for our young guys. If we meet I see them in 6, Spurs will have to play their A+ games in particular in the rebound department, huge workload ahead for Leonard, Tim and Splitter.

I'd put money on that turning out not to be true. Everything you wrote is a quintessential example of a fan trying so hard not to be a homer that his analysis loses any connection to reality. The Grizz are a very good team, but good in the limited way that the Warriors are good, just with slight differences in emphasis. It's the kind of "good" a smart team can successfully gameplan against. Spurs have been able to do that against the Warriors, and should move on after 6, and I don't see any reason to strongly believe that something similar isn't possible against a possible future WCF matchup against the Grizz. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs aren't able to beat them in a tough 6 game series.

Brazil
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I'd put money on that turning out not to be true. Everything you wrote is a quintessential example of a fan trying so hard not to be a homer that his analysis loses any connection to reality. The Grizz are a very good team, but good in the limited way that the Warriors are good, just with slight differences in emphasis. It's the kind of "good" a smart team can successfully gameplan against. Spurs have been able to do that against the Warriors, and should move on after 6, and I don't see any reason to strongly believe that something similar isn't possible against a possible future WCF matchup against the Grizz. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs aren't able to beat them in a tough 6 game series.

Except Grizz are more experienced than Warriors and their limited way is usually money in PO: slow path, great D that's totally different than a high path JS team that usually collapses in POs. Grizz are healthy and can rely on their 4 guys to do some damage, their bench is weak but it is not that important in PO. There is nothing homer saying that.

Thebesteva
05-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Memphis is a serious threat against Spurs, they have had the Spurs number as of late and have shown resciliance when they went down 0-2 to the Clips then came back and beat the dog shit out of the competition so far in the playoffs. Not sure wtf the OP is smoking

Brazil
05-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I think Memphis is a serious threat against Spurs, they have had the Spurs number as of late and have shown resciliance when they went down 0-2 to the Clips then came back and beat the dog shit out of the competition so far in the playoffs. Not sure wtf the OP is smoking

Spurs / Grizz who would you pick ? how many games ?

Thebesteva
05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Spurs / Grizz who would you pick ? how many games ?

Honestly, I think the Spurs will win in 7 because the NBA will not want to see the lowly Grizz in the finals. But I would NOT be surprised if the Grizz win in 6. I know I'm copping out of making a pick but I definitely think it's either a tough victory by the Spurs or a 6 game series for the Grizz.

Spurs in 7 is more likely

Brazil
05-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I think the Spurs will win in 7 because the NBA will not want to see the lowly Grizz in the finals. But I would NOT be surprised if the Grizz win in 6. I know I'm copping out of making a pick but I definitely think it's either a tough victory by the Spurs or a 6 game series for the Grizz.

Spurs in 7 is more likely

I'd like to think that but I honestly don't see it. They killed us in 2011, one will argue about Manu's injury and having Leonard but the big issue was inside and I'm not sure Splitter is solving that point + Spurs are two years older.

Well for the moment we have a game 6 to play if we face Grizz it would mean Spurs have had already a solid season.

capek
05-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Except Grizz are more experienced than Warriors and their limited way is usually money in PO: slow path, great D that's totally different than a high path JS team that usually collapses in POs. Grizz are healthy and can rely on their 4 guys to do some damage, their bench is weak but it is not that important in PO. There is nothing homer saying that.

The observations are sound and not too-far-anti-homer, but drawing the conclusion that those observations justify the conclusion of a 6 game Grizz win is what I'd call too-far-anti-homer. For instance the Grizz have benefited greatly this post season from major injuries to their opponents (Spurs have as well but to a lesser extent). That alone undercuts the certainty of the conclusions anyone could draw as to the Grizz strengths in these playoffs. You dismiss the Grizz weak bench, but it was exactly their strong bench that allowed them to be so successful against the Spurs '11. Zbo is also a shadow of the player he was back then, and when you couple that fact with Tiago's emergence this season (yes, his softness has slowed his comeback from injury this post season, but we still know he as a not-soft endpoint to come back to), and Timmy's great play (when he's not being brought down by tummy troubles), our front courts are quite comparable this season imo. Conley gives Tony great trouble, this is true, but Tony has never played better than this season, so that matchup will be mostly a wash. And then Kawhi and Green are better wings than anything we had in '11. That alone should be viewed as what will tip the series in favor of the Spurs.

We'll see of course, as all prognostication is meaningless until confirmed by events. But for reasons that are my own the tendency to over-correct away from homerism annoys me more than blatant homerism does...just hatin' on the analysis and not the analyzer :lol

benefactor
05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Just calling a bitch a bitch tbh :tu
:cry Spurs are the best you meanie :cry

td4mvp2k
05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense. And easily the best center in the league right now. He's not gonna get outplayed by Duncan.

ya he's a fantastic flopper... and dont think he has 4 on TD?

:lol @ TD's losers... B Kemp, fat Gasol's bro, Aussie sh*t Bogut

fat Gasol plays by AS Z-Bo so dont be dis'n TD like dat pelican b*tch

Brazil
05-15-2013, 04:36 PM
capek, I'm all for a Spurs win :lol

Just don't see it, at this stage unless you have Dirk 2011 rebounds, inside scoring and D are key and they are better than us on those areas imho. Tony vs. Conley cannot be a wash for us to win, Tony will have to dominate Conley and Conley in particular in POs is very under rated (look what he has done to cp3).

Spurs ceiling is WCF, going to the finals would be a bonus.

thunderup
05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Memphis is for real yall

RD2191
05-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Memphis is for real yall
:lmao

hater
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM
:lmao at ppl speculating in this thread

round 2 is not even over dummies

hater
05-15-2013, 04:47 PM
oh yeah and rummpd is probably the biggest moron in this forum

rascal
05-15-2013, 04:54 PM

Is the OP the guy who was almost in tears when the Spurs lost last year? I know he is one of the biggest homers(Spurs are going to win a title every year) on this site.

benefactor
05-15-2013, 05:20 PM
^That would be accurate. See post #33 in this thread.

timtonymanu
05-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Memphis in 6, tbh.

Manu is struggling to even be a factor and Golden State's defense isnt on the level of Memphis. Plus Tiago would have to stop playing like a vagina like he has been most of the postseason so far.

hater
05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Is the OP the guy who was almost in tears when the Spurs lost last year? I know he is one of the biggest homers(Spurs are going to win a title every year) on this site.

OP is the biggest homer in the history of homers. Part of me wants the Spurs to lose so this guy sheds tears tbh :lmao

capek
05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
OP is the biggest homer in the history of homers. Part of me wants the Spurs to lose so this guy sheds tears tbh :lmao

Is that the same part of you that enjoys a salty cock in your mouth?

hater
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Is that the same part of you that enjoys a salty cock in your mouth?

are you that desperate for sex that you come on to guys in a basketball forum? :lmao I know you guys earned the right to marry each other and stuff but these come ons are going a bit too far. Try PMing Kool :lmao

capek
05-15-2013, 07:44 PM
are you that desperate for sex that you come on to guys in a basketball forum? :lmao I know you guys earned the right to marry each other and stuff but these come ons are going a bit too far. Try PMing Kool :lmao

I'm gay, you say as you interpret my dig as a come on. Lonely?

hater
05-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm gay

I know. there's nothing wrong with it bro. Just try to keep your solicitations a little more classy and a bit more private. Have some self respect :lmao

KL2
05-15-2013, 07:50 PM
2011 Grizzlies>>>>>2013 Grizzlies

2011 Spurs<<<<<<<2013 Spurs

Shane Battier
Tony Allen
Mcarthur
Young
Randolph (who was playing out of his fucking mind)
Vasquez
Oj Mayo
Gasol

Meanwhile SA had:

Duncan (worst season of his career putting up 13 ppg)
Parker (MUCH better this year)
Blair (he was starting alongside Bonner and getting raped)
RJ getting 30mpg lol
Dice who was done
Manu broken elbow
Bonner allowing Mcarthur to shoot like 60%

splitter/Green were both glued to the bench, Kawhi wasn't a spur yet either.

And because of SA's small guards, Neal/Hill/RJ (soft as fuck) they posted up our players and rebounded at will over them.

As you can see, the 2011 Spurs were really bad.

hater
05-15-2013, 07:52 PM
2011 Grizzlies>>>>>2013 Grizzlies

2011 Spurs<<<<<<<2013 Spurs

Randolph is playin out of his mind this year. Conley is better this year. Gasol is way, way better than 2011 Gasol. They still have Tony Allen. And have Tayshaun Prince who has been a major glue guy(a la Battier).

no way 2011 Griz >>>>>>>>>> 2013 Griz tbh. 2013 is as good or better.

capek
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
I know. there's nothing wrong with it bro. Just try to keep your solicitations a little more classy and a bit more private. Have some self respect :lmao

Genius! Hopefully you don't confine your creativity to internet forums only. :tu

hater
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Genius! Hopefully you don't confine your creativity to internet forums only. :tu

says the guy that talks about salty cocks :lol

Pelicans78
05-15-2013, 08:17 PM
ya he's a fantastic flopper... and dont think he has 4 on TD?

:lol @ TD's losers... B Kemp, fat Gasol's bro, Aussie sh*t Bogut

fat Gasol plays by AS Z-Bo so dont be dis'n TD like dat pelican b*tch

You're living in the past. Duncan couldn't consistently score on Perkins one-on-one last season. He wore down even without having to focus on an interior scorer. Its gonna be worse for him against Memphis. But I'm not ruling OKC out. They could easily win the next 3 games.

Venti Quattro
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
The Rummpd Hall of Fame

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196792
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198346
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195936
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196026
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196427
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196648
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197298
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196647
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197673
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198352
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198272
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193905
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197208

:lmao :lmao :lmao

benefactor
05-15-2013, 08:24 PM
rofl

td4mvp2k
05-15-2013, 09:40 PM
You're living in the past. Duncan couldn't consistently score on Perkins one-on-one last season. He wore down even without having to focus on an interior scorer. Its gonna be worse for him against Memphis. But I'm not ruling OKC out. They could easily win the next 3 games.

:lol @ the past ur in dat he couldnt score... he consistently had 17 n 10 DA... and they did have ibaka to score DA...

worse vs memphis no... and :lol @ u wit okc in next 3... stfu pelican

Spurs9
05-15-2013, 11:40 PM
:lmao at op's shit take

capek
05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
capek, I'm all for a Spurs win :lol

Just don't see it, at this stage unless you have Dirk 2011 rebounds, inside scoring and D are key and they are better than us on those areas imho. Tony vs. Conley cannot be a wash for us to win, Tony will have to dominate Conley and Conley in particular in POs is very under rated (look what he has done to cp3).

Spurs ceiling is WCF, going to the finals would be a bonus.

Let me make it clear that I'm not in agreement with the OP :lol

I just think there are enough little things in the Spurs favor that make a Spurs series win the most likely outcome (assuming Spurs close out against GS)

Pelicans78
05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
:lol @ the past ur in dat he couldnt score... he consistently had 17 n 10 DA... and they did have ibaka to score DA...

worse vs memphis no... and :lol @ u wit okc in next 3... stfu pelican

Ibaka's not a scorer. Can't create his own shot. Memphis's defense is better than last season OkC's defense.

Reality's gonna set in soon. I'll be here waiting for you.

td4mvp2k
05-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Ibaka's not a scorer. Can't create his own shot. Memphis's defense is better than last season OkC's defense.

Reality's gonna set in soon. I'll be here waiting for you.
:lol ya dats y ibaka had a PO hi in scorin vs spurs cuz he couldnt... lol @ memphis d playn okc wit no RW n der better... plz stfu pelican cuz u dont kno sh*t!

Budkin
05-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Man reading those threads was painful.

Latarian Milton
05-16-2013, 03:40 AM
i still think the grizzlies are overrated and beating the handicapped OKC doesn't mean shit. OKC would've dominated the west had they maintain a 100% healthy squad, and westchuck's injury shaked up the whole map of the west imho. spurs are the favorite to win the west now, and memphis will probably be remembered as one of the weakest sides to ever make the conference finals, similar to the jazz and nuggets a couple years ago

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 03:57 AM
People just don't understand what they're up against when they play Memphis. This isn't the wounded Lakers or the defensive-sieve Warriors they'll be playing. Even if the Spurs beat Memphis in 5 or 6, they'll be on crutches the next series. Since the Hollins era, no team who's faced them in the playoffs has been able to recover the next round b/c of the physical beating they lay on you all game. You can say they're ref-dependent or w/e other excuse, but the fact of the matter is no matter who wins this series the Spurs players will be corpses afterwards--either watching from home or being sacrificial lambs to Miami.

Quadzilla99
05-16-2013, 04:00 AM

Well, no fucking shit.

Latarian Milton
05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
^ that's true. memphis or teams playing a similar style never appeared on the path of a team that would eventually win the championship (07' spurs the only exception maybe). grizzlies just perish together with their opponents if they can't win, like a bomb or a crazy bee imho

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Another thing to consider is that Memphis rarely--if ever--gets blown out. They just pound and pound and stick around, making you strain all game. SA very well may win this series--but it's going to cause irreparable damage to them against the Heatles

LkrFan
05-16-2013, 04:58 AM
:lol

Stabula
05-16-2013, 05:14 AM
I was giving the greys/homers shit...like I have for years. Try not to get trolled so easily. . :rolleyes

FkLA
05-16-2013, 05:19 AM
tbf to Rumppd most people would be lying if they said they knew the Spurs would fall flat on their faces last year, especially during that 20 game win streak and being a perfect 10-0 in the playoffs...if Im not mistaken in Game 2 of the WCF Durant, Chimp, and Harden all had 25+ points and they still fucking lost. That Spurs team looked like a juggernaut at that point and I aint ashamed to admit that I thought it was our year tbh. :cry

ps benefactor is a really dumb, shitty poster

benefactor
05-16-2013, 06:41 AM
People just don't understand what they're up against when they play Memphis. This isn't the wounded Lakers or the defensive-sieve Warriors they'll be playing. Even if the Spurs beat Memphis in 5 or 6, they'll be on crutches the next series. Since the Hollins era, no team who's faced them in the playoffs has been able to recover the next round b/c of the physical beating they lay on you all game. You can say they're ref-dependent or w/e other excuse, but the fact of the matter is no matter who wins this series the Spurs players will be corpses afterwards--either watching from home or being sacrificial lambs to Miami.
Eh...beat up or not the next series, they will be sacrificial lambs to Miami. I'd be happy just to be in the finals one last time before Duncan hangs them up.

hater
05-16-2013, 06:54 AM

:lmao Spurs already in crutches thanks to the Warriors. Parker is in an iron lung, Duncan is limping and Manu is crawling like a bug. And the series is not over yet. :lmao at ppl talking about the WCF like it's a done deal. We are one sprained ankle away from going fishing. Wake up homers

and even if Spurs were 100% and even if they make the Finals. Heat in 5 at most.

:lol at rummpd's threads wow. He's a lock to the HOF of blind homers

Spursfanfromafar
05-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Memphis are a fantastic team. They got better with addition by subtraction after the completely inefficient mid range shooter Rudy Gay was given the go bye bye.

Tayshaun Prince gives them a decent and efficient player who can shoot 3s, and defend the best offensive player on the other side in tandem with Tony Allen. Prince will defend Leonard/Ginobili *if the Spurs overcome the Warriors*. And Allen will most likely try to hound Parker if Parker gets going.

By going away from Gay, they have also given a greater load to Conley (apart from continuing to rely upon their bigs). And Conley has come onto his own following Gay's departure.

They will pound the painted area and make it difficult for Duncan and Splitter. Gasol & Randolph will be very difficult cover for Duncan and Splitter, who is still convalescing from the ankle injury in the Lakers' series.

The best way for the Spurs to beat the Grizz to shoot their three pointers and score on their corner 3 attempts regularly. Leonard/ Green will have to show up if the Spurs are going to beat the Grizz. Duncan will most likely guard and be guarded by Gasol while Randolph will make life hell for Splitter. I expect Diaw to take turns defending Randolph as well, as Diaw seems to get the hang of being a good post defender. And Bonner better stay away. He will be abused by Randolph.

Again.. all that is contingent upon the Spurs not screwing it up at the Bay Area. Which is very much unlikely in my opinion.

hater
05-16-2013, 07:16 AM
not sure. Conley is more than capable of defending Parker. Allen will guard Manu. Prince will guard Kawhi.

and with Gasol guarding Duncan. Spurs will have mountain to climb.

Pelicans78
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
:lol ya dats y ibaka had a PO hi in scorin vs spurs cuz he couldnt... lol @ memphis d playn okc wit no RW n der better... plz stfu pelican cuz u dont kno sh*t!

Ibaka had a playoff high because others created for him. He can't create his own shot consistently especially like Gasol and Randolph. Golden State isn't anything special with or without David Lee yet the Spurs are struggling. Memphis is a much better team than Golden State.

You're lack of spelling shows how lazy you are.

td4mvp2k
05-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Ibaka had a playoff high because others created for him. He can't create his own shot consistently especially like Gasol and Randolph. Golden State isn't anything special with or without David Lee yet the Spurs are struggling. Memphis is a much better team than Golden State.

You're lack of spelling shows how lazy you are.

lmao pelican fan... n spelln dont do nuttn 4 u cuz u dont kno wtf u talkn bout :lol

td4mvp2k
05-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Memphis's defense is better than last season OkC's defense. Reality's gonna set in soon. I'll be here waiting for you.:lol @ memphis D... Realitys been set phaggot n i'll be waitn 4 ur gay bird fan azz... :lol

capek
05-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Hey Brazil, you starting to come over to my way of thinking yet chum...

p

Pelicans78
05-19-2013, 11:21 PM
:lol @ memphis D... Realitys been set phaggot n i'll be waitn 4 ur gay bird fan azz... :lol

I'm sure you were celebrating after game 2 last year against OKC.

td4mvp2k
05-19-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm sure you were celebrating after game 2 last year against OKC.

:lol @ u thinkn okc is memphis wit spurs be'n a betta team dis yr.... get wit it u DA...

spurs own u :lol

KaiRMD1
05-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Don't get over confident

Jacob1983
05-20-2013, 03:03 AM
I would have to say Superfriends is the most overrated team left. They play in a shitty conference and are gifted by playing in a WNBA talent level division.

Pelicans78
05-20-2013, 10:59 AM
:lol @ u thinkn okc is memphis wit spurs be'n a betta team dis yr.... get wit it u DA...

spurs own u :lol

Spurs haven't owned anyone since 2007, but Spelling owns you.

td4mvp2k
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Spurs haven't owned anyone since 2007, but Spelling owns you.

:downspin: have a good 1 in da lottery as we win #5 brah... :lol

DAF86
05-27-2013, 11:06 PM

lol faggot.

TE
05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
The good doctor with the goods

FkLA
05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
The Good Doctor shitting on everyone imo.

benefactor
05-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Props to Rummpd.

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2013, 11:19 PM
3 wankers on 3 defensive teams, that should be reselected...they did shit nothing besides fouls and more fouls

Phillip
05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
lol faggot.

3 close games that basically went down to the wire, and easily could have gone Memphis way? It may have been a sweep, but it wasn't exactly like they completely dominated them. San Antonio definitely surprised me though, and played some damn good basketball.

In the end, it means nothing, because they are just going to get raped by Miami. Enjoy :toast

midnightpulp
05-28-2013, 09:30 AM
3 close games that basically went down to the wire, and easily could have gone Memphis way? It may have been a sweep, but it wasn't exactly like they completely dominated them. San Antonio definitely surprised me though, and played some damn good basketball.

In the end, it means nothing, because they are just going to get raped by Miami. Enjoy :toast

I agree. I've been calling it a "7 game" sweep.

DAF86
05-28-2013, 09:44 AM

Spurs lost only 3 out of 16 quarters against the Grizzlies, they very rarely played from behind the entire series, this really wasn't as close as those two OT games suggest. Even if they had lost one or both of those games the Spurs would have still won the series in 5 or 6 fairly comfortable games. The Grizzlies just had no real chance of beating the Spurs, they just made a couple of games close thanks to two fluke quarters.

And yeah, you can bet your poorly basketball opinions taking ass that I enjoyed/will enjoy this season. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I'd definitely put money on Miami if I had to bet on a team, but I'd be very surprised if it's a total face raping like some are making it out to be. Two 7 footers who both have skill and a coach who can dominate the Phillibeaner. The reason why it's not a worst case scenario for Miami is because San Antonio isn't a good offensive rebounding team and beating the Heat requires dominating the offensive glass. On the flip side Miami's undisciplined swarm defense might get destroyed by a team that passes as well as SA does.

IMO the x-factors in this series will be how effective Parker is after they inevitably switch Lebron onto him, which brittle-boned shooting guard can give his team more production, and which team's role players hit the open threes they get. I fully expect Lebron and Duncan to dominate.

HarlemHeat37
05-28-2013, 10:33 AM
I'd definitely put money on Miami if I had to bet on a team, but I'd be very surprised if it's a total face raping like some are making it out to be. Two 7 footers who both have skill and a coach who can dominate the Phillibeaner. The reason why it's not a worst case scenario for Miami is because San Antonio isn't a good offensive rebounding team and beating the Heat requires dominating the offensive glass. On the flip side Miami's undisciplined swarm defense might get destroyed by a team that passes as well as SA does.

IMO the x-factors in this series will be how effective Parker is after they inevitably switch Lebron onto him, which brittle-boned shooting guard can give his team more production, and which team's role players hit the open threes they get. I fully expect Lebron and Duncan to dominate.

Pretty much agree with this, tbh..

Lebron is going to put up numbers, the Spurs should make him a scorer, tbh..Duncan is going to get his and win his matchup, and Pop is going to outcoach Spoelstra..

Agreed with all of DOK's matchups, and I'd add Splitter/Bonner/Diaw vs. Bosh, too..Splitter needs to be tough and produce against the Heat's weakness, this nigga needs to get paid in free agency, tbh..

DPG21920
05-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Miami has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this. Why not just eat your shit sammich instead of going GNSF?

Secondly, while I somewhat agree with your first statement, despite there being 2 OT games, it was pretty dominant. Spurs held MEM to a really low FG%, won 12 out of the 18 quarters played (with on quarter being tied) and generally lead for the vast majority of the series from start to finish.

It was a pretty dominant series despite MEM having some tremendous individual quarters to make things close.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-28-2013, 11:36 AM
The refs also favored the hell out of Memphis, tbh. They made the series look a lot closer than it actually was.

DPG21920
05-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Outside of game 4, I didn't have a huge issue with refs. Thank Gawd Spurs have a lot of rest because last night was physical.

Raven
05-28-2013, 11:46 AM

cmon dude, i don't remember such a one-sided WCF in like forever..

Phillip
05-28-2013, 12:01 PM
cmon dude, i don't remember such a one-sided WCF in like forever..

2000-2001 WCF was far more one sided. Remember it?

Raven
05-28-2013, 12:08 PM
2000-2001 WCF was far more one sided. Remember it?

that's forever ago.

Phillip
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
that's forever ago.

not really

DAF86
05-28-2013, 12:19 PM
"i would be very concerned by Memphis if I were San Antonio" ---> First sweep in the WCF in 12 years.

HarlemHeat37
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
The 2001 Spurs were one of the most overrated teams of all-time, tbh..

midnightpulp
05-28-2013, 12:37 PM
The 2001 Spurs were one of the most overrated teams of all-time, tbh..

God yes.

:lol Danny Ferry, Terry Porter, and the corpse of Sean Elliott were the primary wing rotation in the WCF after Derek Andersen went down.