PDA

View Full Version : The reason everyone paniced so much after game1 loss:

mudyez
05-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Do you realize, that this Spurs team didn't win a single playoff series for the last three playoffs (including '13) when they lost a game?

MEM in '11 --> LOSS
UTA in '12 --> SWEEP
LAC in '12 --> SWEEP
OKC in '12 -->LOSS
LAK in '13 --> SWEEP

We (fans) are just not used to winning a series when we take a hit.

That said: I believe this could be the series that takes us to another level if we go on to the next round, as also some players need to learn to fight back after taking hits.
You could make a statement, that guys like Timmy, Manu and Parker are experienced enough, but some of the roleplayers might need to learn this (especially last year it was on them to contribute).
Or is Pop just not good anymore at adjusting when a series goes on?

The road to a ship isn't always the straight line between two points. Just take a look at MIA's road last year!

[ game2...and "panicked" :/ ...how can I edit it?]

racm
05-15-2013, 09:00 AM
The past two seasons the team was either too soft (RJ) or too inexperienced (Green, Leonard, Splitter's first real playoff reps) and couldn't defend.

This season the Spurs play markedly better D and the young guys have more playoff experience.

mudyez
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
The past two seasons the team was either too soft (RJ) or too inexperienced (Green, Leonard, Splitter's first real playoff reps) and couldn't defend.

This season the Spurs play markedly better D and the young guys have more playoff experience.

Yeah, but when you say "playoff experience" isn't what I mentioned one of the main points?

xTovar210
05-15-2013, 09:07 AM
This should really help out the younger guys. But we really need to close out Thursday

Keepin' it real
05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
You mean everyone from Golden State panicked? Because the Spurs won Game 1.

BillMc
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
You mean everyone from Golden State panicked? Because the Spurs won Game 1.

Damn, you beat me to it! :)

Kidd K
05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
It wasn't that for me (after game 2), it was how bad the Spurs have played for the past two months. They have had very few games in which they've looked impressive and dominant except against the Fakers who were a huge joke and did not belong in the playoffs.

Lot of fans also remember Jack shitting on us in the regular season. On top of that Manu hasn't been very good since. . .honestly I can't remember the last time Manu was consistently good. 2 years ago?

Spurs have been playing their worst basketball in years recently. That's why everyone paniced.

SpursRock20
05-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Everyone panicked after the game 2 loss because that is spurstalk for you. We have grown so accustomed to winning, we just can't handle a loss.

mudyez
05-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Damn, you beat me to it! :)

actually I beat you both to it ;)

Dre_7
05-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Everyone panicked after the game 2 loss because that is spurstalk for you. We have grown so accustomed to winning, we just can't handle a loss.

Exactly!

Spurstalk has a history of panicing and cliff jumping. I still remember sequ's famous "I quit" thread (or was it "its over"?) in 2005 after losing game one to Denver in the first round. :lol

I have watched enough Spurs series over the years to know its never over until its over.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
SpursTalk in the middle of a Spurs game:

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

hooperflash
05-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Cheers, to my fellow non-cliffjumpers! :toast

MR-Clutch
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Didn't we lose one to the Mavs when we beat them in the first round?

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I didn't

SenorSpur
05-15-2013, 03:07 PM

Between Bonner, Neal, Splitter and Diaw, this team remains soft.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
I thought every one cliff jumped because the spurs got out played 2 game in a row on their home court...also throw in the fact the mulatto bros destroying the spurs and making every shot they threw up....also add in the other facts that diaw wasn't playing enough, splitter wasn't starting and matt bonner was playing and started game 2....

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
And we didn't know if Pop was going to try outsmallballing the Warriors. He finally came back to his senses and went big.

KaiRMD1
05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I panicked because the Spurs couldn't stop Klay or Curry for twogames & looked like the Spurs of the last month of the season

davi78239
05-15-2013, 08:29 PM
We lost game 1 to mavs in 2010 and went on to win series.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM
SpursTalk in the middle of a Spurs game:

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

"Sky is falling!"

"Sky is intact!"

I wonder if there are any other fanbases in the NBA that nearly commit suicide because Harrison Barnes hits a 20 footer to drop the Spurs lead to just six points.

aal04
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I was worried because we died off in the last 10 RS games.

And we cakewalked over crippled Lakers.

And then suddenly we had to face the most on fire team in the NBA with the worst prep possible and games 1 and 2 highlighted my concerns.

We are beating them through a team effort. something that i dont think will win us a ring by itself. We need the big 3 to contribute all-star performances on top of the team effort.

Stabula
05-15-2013, 09:29 PM
I wonder if there are any other fanbases in the NBA that nearly commit suicide because Harrison Barnes hits a 20 footer to drop the Spurs lead to just six points. Well with how poorly the Warriors were playing the Spurs at their best easily could have blown the game wide open much earlier and they could have used the safety net. The Warriors can shrink a 6 point deficit with a couple of threes in two possessions no problem.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Well with how poorly the Warriors were playing the Spurs at their best easily could have blown the game wide open much earlier and they could have used the safety net. The Warriors can shrink a 6 point deficit with a couple of threes in two possessions no problem.

Point is, we're up 3-2 to a team that was shooting HISTORICALLY well in the first 2-3 games of the series. Too many Spurs fans think we should go 16-0 and if we don't, we suck as a team.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I didn't panic but man I was angry at Pop and worried because I never knew what lineup he'd throw out there or how many minutes he'd give to who. I think Pop has a problem with overreacting.

therealtruth
05-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Point is, we're up 3-2 to a team that was shooting HISTORICALLY well in the first 2-3 games of the series. Too many Spurs fans think we should go 16-0 and if we don't, we suck as a team.

The historic shooting had a lot to do with the bad defense.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 10:59 PM
The historic shooting had a lot to do with the bad defense.

They still have to hit shots at an insane clip. The Spurs defense wasn't THAT bad. You make it sound like every game there's bad defense the other team shoots 50%+ from 3.

Capt Bringdown
05-15-2013, 11:11 PM
It wasn't that for me (after game 2), it was how bad the Spurs have played for the past two months.

That's pretty much it. And they haven't looked very impressive against GS. Seems to me that Memphis and Miami are playing the best ball right now. The Spurs are going to have to make some substantial changes/improvements in their game if they want to remain in the tournament.

Kidd K
05-16-2013, 01:20 AM
That's pretty much it. And they haven't looked very impressive against GS. Seems to me that Memphis and Miami are playing the best ball right now. The Spurs are going to have to make some substantial changes/improvements in their game if they want to remain in the tournament.

Yeah man, for sure. It isn't like the Spurs aren't capable of beating the Grizzlies. . .I mean this team imo is better. . .but right now they're just not playing that good while Memphis, GS, Miami, and sort of Indiana are all clicking right now. Denver was too before getting eliminated.

Honestly, of every team that's left, the Spurs are playing the worst in reference to their supposed ceiling. I really hope it changes. Terrible time to be playing bad basketball. :\

Homeland Security
05-16-2013, 07:55 AM
This website is not representative of the Spurs fanbase. Eight to ten years ago there were a lot of pretty knowledgeable and even-keel posters on ST. Virtually all of them left years ago. Even if one is mentally coherent, there is little point in posting anything intelligent here anymore. The site is really only useful for trolling. It's sort of like the Internet version of what happens when black people move into a neighborhood.

kaji157
05-16-2013, 08:44 AM
I donīt think SR paniked, most of us had the Spurs in 5 or 6 games and even whith the Spurs shooting an all time shit in game 4 it could have been in 5 still if the refs didnt blow two calls in the last 2 mins of the game.
People that panic here are either newbs and/or the usual overreacters.