PDA

View Full Version : Duncans shove near end of Game 5

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Did not record, sorry i don't have exact time stamp.

Near the end of the game it showed Duncan walking onto the court after a timeout.
As he walked past a Warrior, he shoved him. It did not look like a joke or a love pat. Very serious look on Duncans face, the shove looked like a message.

Did one of the Warriors give Duncs a cheapshot and thus Duncan was responding?

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Near the end of the game it showed Duncan walking onto the court after a timeout.
As he walked past a Warrior, he shoved him. It did not look like a joke or a love pat. Very serious look on Duncans face, the shove looked like a message.

That would make two shoves for Duncan last night then if true.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2013, 10:26 AM

I'm almost 100% certain that it was Richard Jefferson and if that's what it was it looked like a complete joke.

Wrenchman
05-15-2013, 10:28 AM
From what I could tell it was Jefferson, I think he was just messing with him.

SpursRock20
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, he kinda just walked in to Jefferson but then flashed a quick smile his way.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2013, 10:31 AM

jermaine
05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
My wife seen it an said what is Duncan doing. He's going to get a tech.

davidbowie
05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
they are all friends. it was a joke.

Embedded
05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I saw it, yes, it seemed like a joke

bayareaspursfan
05-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I wish there was a video of Manu and td pushing him away.

Cane
05-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Joakim Noah did this to Duncan when Duncan was listening in on a Bulls huddle, crica Del Negro days. But Joakim wasn't joking around lol

bthewigwam
05-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Already on YouTube. Manu's doesn't look friendly at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg9n8ou1Dw

rAm
05-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg9n8ou1Dw

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
My wife seen it an said what is Duncan doing. He's going to get a tech.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp2x93JPYH1qf24kqo1_500.png

Penya
05-15-2013, 11:25 AM
There was another bump from Duncan to RJ right after a timeout and he didn't look serious at all, unlike the one you already posted.

Cane
05-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Talk about awkward

Mel_13
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
There was another bump from Duncan to RJ right after a timeout and he didn't look serious at all, unlike the one you already posted.

Yeah. I didn't see the one in the video, but there was definitely an exchange that was much less serious. Have no idea whether it was before or after the one in the video.

bus driver
05-15-2013, 11:31 AM
they r fuckn with rj

bthewigwam
05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
has been being discussed in the game thread also, opinions on if it looked serious or not

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 11:43 AM
That's pure gamemanship and it was started by RJ.
RJ was standing on the traction pad that players step on before they go on the court. You see Cory trying to work around RJ, but Manu pushed RJ off and then Tim completed the deal to make sure he was no longer in the way.

That was NO JOKE but it wasn't started by the Spurs either.

You peeps have to observe a little better, again, it was no joke.

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 11:53 AM

and rAm
Spurstalk bringin the good per usual. :toast

So lets find out about the other potentially friendly push time frame.

Cause no way no how does this one in the YouTube look friendly. Manu and Duncs looking serious. Esp the Duncan after stare.
Soft Dick trying to listen in on strategy during timeout?

DPG21920
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
That didn't look like a joke, but would not be surprised if that's just their humor.

johnpaulwall21
05-15-2013, 12:03 PM
I think manu was serious and so was Jefferson. Duncan came in towards the end and probably believed they were jokingly pushing around so he joined in on the action. Duncan realized right after by the look on jefferson's face that it wasn't a joke and well the deed was done already.

The second push later on in the game was to show jefferson that he meant nothing bad by it and tried to relieve some of the awkwardness that developed between the guys.

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
I think manu was serious and so was Jefferson. Duncan came in towards the end and probably believed they were jokingly pushing around so he joined in on the action. Duncan realized right after by the look on jefferson's face that it wasn't a joke and well the deed was done already.

The second push later on in the game was to show jefferson that he meant nothing bad by it and tried to relieve some of the awkwardness that developed between the guys.

Completely wrong in every way. It was awkward because RJ started it and Manu & Tim told him to STEP.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2013, 12:18 PM
It was a congratulatory shove. RJ made some great plays for the Spurs last night.

bklynspursfan
05-15-2013, 12:21 PM

LMAO... I think it was, they just know how to keep straight faces.

bklynspursfan
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
btw, a gif of this would be awesome :)

johnpaulwall21
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Completely wrong in every way. It was awkward because RJ started it and Manu & Tim told him to STEP.

Rj started it and manu retaliated. I read body language. Duncan had no idea what was going on. U can tell by his shove and his look after that he was not aware.

ambchang
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
they r fuckn with rj

This sentence can have at least two meanings.

I am not sure which one you actually meant.

DMC
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
You see RJ stuck that sticky mat to Manu's arm. That was obviously all in fun. Spurs are always friendly with ex Spurs.

arodz
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
How much you wanna bet Mark Jackson sent RJ over there to see how much he could hear. He figures he's still buddy buddy with these guys and they won't think much of it. Instead Manu and Timmy told him to go get his fucking shine box. I love it. This is the playoff; ain't no fucking around here.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
You see RJ stuck that sticky mat to Manu's arm. That was obviously all in fun. Spurs are always friendly with ex Spurs.

I think RJ was trying to be fun, silly, playful, & flirtatious by doing that but Manu and TD had their game faces on and pretty much told him to GTFO.

TrueSpursFan
05-15-2013, 12:44 PM
The other one in which Duncan pushes Jefferson off screen was totally joking around but the one you guys are talking about looks like no joke

Fabbs
05-15-2013, 12:45 PM
I think RJ was trying to be fun, silly, playful, & flirtatious by doing that,
ChumpBlake could you verify RJs behavior?

jbspurs
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
That's pure gamemanship and it was started by RJ.
RJ was standing on the traction pad that players step on before they go on the court. You see Cory trying to work around RJ, but Manu pushed RJ off and then Tim completed the deal to make sure he was no longer in the way.

That was NO JOKE but it wasn't started by the Spurs either.

You peeps have to observe a little better, again, it was no joke.

No joke? Rj even put the plastic cover on Manu's arm... C'mon they're fooling around.

DMC
05-15-2013, 12:50 PM
I think after the "coming out" by Collins, RJ is being handled with kid gloves.

Budkin
05-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I didn't see the one on the side but I saw Tim come out a give RJ a little shove and smile. They played together for several years. I'm sure they're still friends.

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 01:01 PM
No joke? Rj even put the plastic cover on Manu's arm... C'mon they're fooling around.

That was RJ's lame ass attempt at fun. Manu pushing him off the traction pad was not. Why should any Spur, including Cory Joseph, have to work AROUND RJ? That's what Cory was trying to do and Manu made his GTFO move on RJ and then Tim sealed the deal. Ex-Spur or not, sometimes, you're gonna get hammered.

mercos
05-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Looks like they were just messing around. You can't always tell by the look on their faces, because sometimes acting serious is just a part of messing around.

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Rj started it and manu retaliated. I read body language. Duncan had no idea what was going on. U can tell by his shove and his look after that he was not aware.
More like Tim was wholly disinterested like he didn't give a fuck once he sent RJ packing.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2013, 01:26 PM
That was "You sucked shit as a Spur, piss off"

Love tap..

spurraider21
05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
along with the Dwight-troll face, i'm loving how Duncan is depicting himself these playoffs :lol

TJastal
05-15-2013, 01:53 PM
ChumpBlake could you verify RJs behavior?

I agree let's hear from the experts in displaying subtle fruitiness.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2013, 01:58 PM
I agree let's hear from the experts in displaying subtle fruitiness.As opposed to your and Fabbs' Ru Paul style flamery.

You can get married in several states now. Make honest women out of each other.

Kuestmaster
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Timmy with the death stare. So badass.

jiggy_55
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
There was the "bump" also and that looked more like a joke than the video posted above.

DapDaGenius
05-15-2013, 02:27 PM
That didn't look like a joke, but would not be surprised if that's just their humor.

Agreed. Duncan's stare looked similar to what gangstas in the hood do, minus the flashing of a gun.

boutons_deux
05-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Tim's humor is dead pan, but it sure looked like RJ wasn't in on the joke.

If Tim and Manu were serious, I find that out of character for, childish of them.

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 02:52 PM
For once, our guys flex their muscles and people say, well RJ is a former Spur and such.
Hey FORMER SPUR, get the fuck off of our traction pad!

I thought what Manu and Tim was warranted. RJ doesn't have to stand on it. He meant to stand on it as if to draw a line in the sand. Manu and Tim just kicked that line away and then pushed RJ away.

lil'mo
05-15-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm almost 100% certain that it was Richard Jefferson and if that's what it was it looked like a complete joke.
Yup, it was jefferson

RD2191
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
LMFAO, That's hilarious. Duncan is a dick.

hater
05-15-2013, 05:24 PM
"our guys are choir boys and pussies" "our guys are dicks"

:lmao make up your minds

who gives a shit, Stephen Jackson would have thrown Dick Jeff to the 2nd row. It's game 5 of the playoffs. Time to draw blood. I also saw Green try to step on Elian Gonzalez's ankle in the 4th quarter. I stoop up and aplauded but I'm not gonna make a thread about it. It's time to send those bitches back home crying to momma Jackson.

BillMc
05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
"our guys are choir boys and pussies" "our guys are dicks"

:lmao make up your minds

who gives a shit, Stephen Jackson would have thrown Dick Jeff to the 2nd row. It's game 5 of the playoffs. Time to draw blood. I also saw Green try to step on Elian Gonzalez's ankle in the 4th quarter. I stoop up and aplauded. It's time to send those bitches back home crying to momma Jackson.

True. Though based on this season's shooting, Jax would have missed the 2nd row...

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg9n8ou1Dw
Duncan is just showing the scrub who is boss :lol

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm telling you. ALL MALICE INTENDED! Manu & Tim was not going to let Nikki Fairchild

http://img.www.xrentdvd.com/export/sites/xrentdvd/bios/cast/N/nikki_fairchild/2.jpg

stop the team from using the traction pad they step on prior to stepping on the court.

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Serious horse play? Duncan's stare down was scary.

maverick1948
05-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Duncan was NOT horseplaying with Jefferson. RJ was asking for the push. Joseph, Manu and Kawhi were going to the mat and RJ was standing on it and not moving. Duncan had already started towards the mat when Manu pushed RJ. TD then pushed him out of the way and stared him down. I dont know what RJ was thinking but they furnish 2 mats for the teams to wipe their feet. Didnt see second one, but I dont think Timmy is playing here. I think it was to be a message to the Spurs that RJ wanted to send but it backfired. No one I repeat no one is afraid of the wuss named Richard Jefferson.

aal04
05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Clear as day.

RJ came in and jokingly put plastic cover on Manu.

Spurs are in full serious play off mode and Duncan was super pissed off at the physicality of the games plus the fact that he was frustrated with his performance + flu.

It started off as a joke, but the spurs were not in a joking mood.

Skoobz
05-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Touche'

james evans
05-15-2013, 10:45 PM
they should be nice to RJ. when he's on the court, he's our 6th player

crc21209
05-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah that didn't look like much of a joke. Gotta love TD and Manu having Cory's back...:tu

Legacy
05-16-2013, 03:16 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp2x93JPYH1qf24kqo1_500.png

:lol Too funny. This is J.T's avatar, too... it always cracks me up.

Legacy
05-16-2013, 03:28 AM
That was "You sucked shit as a Spur, piss off"

Love tap..

:wow I gotta' agree. Just the way RJ tripped nervously, lol, while looking skeered as he was backing away from the scene... and the "look of death" on Timmy's face during the stare down. He got those crazy-ass serial-killer bug eyes. No joke. Scared me for a few seconds just watching that. :wow :lol

iManu
05-16-2013, 03:39 AM
RJ put that dirt of everyone's shoes on Manu. I wouldn't call much about this a joke at all. It's on until the series is over.

Thank God LJ can finally give Soft Dick some A's.

Go Spurs Go.

Baynes
05-16-2013, 03:48 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/tim-duncan-shoves-richard-jefferson-then-stares-him-down-video/

It made the news LOL.

Manu and Timmy shoving him out of the closet

jag
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Read through the thread. This seems the most accurate.

BigTex342006
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Everybody was serious with the Spurs. It was all business and it a heated game, they had (as they should) their game faces on. You don't come out of a time-out in a 50-50 playoff series in the second round joking around with players on the other team, former ones or not. Not sure about the other shove though.

Fireball
05-16-2013, 11:12 AM
I just remembered an interview during a Spurs practice when RJ was still on the team. He wore a hooded shirt and Manu hugged him from behind ... that came because of the evident trade rumors. How much has changed since then, but I do not think Manu or Timmy would shove RJ intentionally if not meant as a joke. Timmy just has the perfect poker face ...

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 06:33 PM

Well, except maybe Dennis Rodman.

hater
05-16-2013, 06:38 PM
RJ put that dirt of everyone's shoes on Manu. I wouldn't call much about this a joke at all. .

pretty much. The Gay one was salty about something. Hope Manu got a tetanous shot :lol

milkyway21
05-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Agreed. Duncan's stare looked similar to what gangstas in the hood do, minus the flashing of a gun

:lmao didn't read this before

Jefferson standing on the courtside sticky pad so Cory Joseph couldn’t use it during Game 5 on Tuesday.

First Manu Ginobili pushed him, and then Tim Duncan followed up with a shove and stare down.

exstatic
05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
I just remembered an interview during a Spurs practice when RJ was still on the team. He wore a hooded shirt and Manu hugged him from behind ... that came because of the evident trade rumors. How much has changed since then, but I do not think Manu or Timmy would shove RJ intentionally if not meant as a joke. Timmy just has the perfect poker face ...

This is exactly why RJ never worked here. There are no jokes in a tight playoff series.

The TNT crew nailed it on the head. Before the first game, the players hug. Before game two, they high five. After that, they just dap. There are no friends during playoff series. You can be friends before and after.