PDA

View Full Version : my favorite stat from last night

Blake
05-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Klay Thompson 0-0 from 3 point range.

incredible he didn't attempt any.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Our defensive 1-3 (along with Miami's) might be among the best the NBA has seen in a long time. If Parker manages to get healthy for the Memphis series (assuming the series finish the way they are now), I could see us holding the Grizzlies to ~80 points in a couple of games. Parker Leonard and Green have all established themselves as anywhere from great to elite defenders. Green is pretty new to this fold but his play this series against Curry is absolutely undeniable. I've never seen him play so athletically and use his length on both ends of the court to get shots off/dunk/deny easy opportunities. Great to see.

If it does go down with Memphis vs SA for the WCF, it's going to be a gutter war. Grind City hasn't seen a team yet that can stand up and punch their backcourt in the mouth like the Spurs are capable of doing. Conley is NOT going to average 25ppg against us.

capek
05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
My favorite stat? 109-91. :P

But ya, those are great ones too. :tu

boutons_deux
05-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Flash Brothers are Flash-in-the-Pan Brothers.

(but Steph has ankle problems, which appear to be chronic)

DapDaGenius
05-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Flash Brothers are Flash-in-the-Pan Brothers.

(but Steph has ankle problems, which appear to be chronic)

Not our problem. Anytime the Spurs lose and we'll have an injured player or two, people say "no excuse", so that is how I feel with every team now.

MR-Clutch
05-15-2013, 02:34 PM
First game of his career where he hasn't attempted at least one 3.

DapDaGenius
05-15-2013, 03:02 PM
My favorite stats:

Kawhi 7-8 FG

Bogut only 6 rebounds

Curry 1-7 3PT

boutons_deux
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
some TP stats, for a playoff games:

For all of the impactful additions made by the Spurs in recent years, this is still a team that's only going as far as Tony Parker can carry them.

His win-loss splits in this series are staggering.

In the three San Antonio victories, Parker's amassed 28.3 points on 33-of-65 shooting (50.8 percent) from the field and 7.7 assists. In the two losses, he's been held to just 18.5 points on 13-of-34 shooting (38.2 percent) and 3.0 assists.

Game 5 was clearly no exception. Parker led the Spurs with 25 points on 9-of-17 shooting and dished out 10 assists against two turnovers.

He ripped off six straight points to start a 15-0 run in the first quarter to give the Spurs a lead they would never relinquish. When the Warriors had whittled the Spurs' lead to eight midway through the fourth, Parker found Kawhi Leonard for a three then added a layup and a jumper on the next two
possessions to provide the proverbial dagger.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640107-winners-and-losers-from-tuesday-nights-nba-playoff-action/page/4