PDA

View Full Version : ESPN finally embracing the Spurs...kind of

Dex
05-15-2013, 04:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ULUZDUo.jpg

TheyCallMePro
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
The problem with ESPN is they never give us enough credit for what we actually do on the court. Instead they simply praise Popovich, Duncan, or "the system" and relegate our success to relative, ho-hum terms. I like how TNT actually talks about the matchups, the offensive and defensive game plan and execution, and provides an in-depth analysis on what actually makes the spurs great. I listened to Colin Cowherd this morning for 3 hours and not once did he mention the Spurs-GSW series. In fact, all he mentioned about the NBA is that he doesn't like Melo as a player and that the Heat have a big decision coming up about what to do with Wade and whether or not to give him a max contract after NEXT year. Seriously. ESPN does a dis-service to themselves by not bringing the same professional mindset towards breaking down and analyzing these playoff series that TNT does. And they wonder why nobody watches the ESPN half-time and post-game shows when they broadcast the games.

cjw
05-15-2013, 07:43 PM
The problem with ESPN is they never give us enough credit for what we actually do on the court. Instead they simply praise Popovich, Duncan, or "the system" and relegate our success to relative, ho-hum terms. I like how TNT actually talks about the matchups, the offensive and defensive game plan and execution, and provides an in-depth analysis on what actually makes the spurs great. I listened to Colin Cowherd this morning for 3 hours and not once did he mention the Spurs-GSW series. In fact, all he mentioned about the NBA is that he doesn't like Melo as a player and that the Heat have a big decision coming up about what to do with Wade and whether or not to give him a max contract after NEXT year. Seriously. ESPN does a dis-service to themselves by not bringing the same professional mindset towards breaking down and analyzing these playoff series that TNT does. And they wonder why nobody watches the ESPN half-time and post-game shows when they broadcast the games.

ESPN has a postgame show? I just switch over to NBA TV for the interviews. When TNT's postgame show is on, the interviews get relegated to the DVR. The difference in quality of coverage is astounding.

KL2
05-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Get off my lawn sounds like something an old republican white guy would say.

cd021
05-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Get off my lawn sounds like something an old republican white guy would say.

Your kind of repeating yourself. Republicans are old and Caucasian. LOL.

HemisfairArena
05-15-2013, 08:17 PM
ESPN is simply covering their bases. With OKC on the verge of elimination...Spurs look like they will play the Heat in the Finals. Grizzlies arent gonna beat us in the WCF's...and there will be plenty of people bringing up 2011 as if it is relevant today. Everytime someone brings up the Grizz upset of the Spurs in 2011....I simply say the Mavs must be winning the title this year since 2011 is relevant now. ESPN is the biggest bandwagoning fan of all time and the ultimate troll.....all rolled in to one.

KenziE
05-15-2013, 10:09 PM
ESPN is simply covering their bases. With OKC on the verge of elimination...Spurs look like they will play the Heat in the Finals. Grizzlies arent gonna beat us in the WCF's...and there will be plenty of people bringing up 2011 as if it is relevant today. Everytime someone brings up the Grizz upset of the Spurs in 2011....I simply say the Mavs must be winning the title this year since 2011 is relevant now. ESPN is the biggest bandwagoning fan of all time and the ultimate troll.....all rolled in to one.

who told you that Mem and Sas will square off in the WCF? jumping the gun ya?

rasho8
05-15-2013, 11:58 PM

Memphis is pretty scary.

SpurPadre
05-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Is this racist? Is it because he looks like a b3aner?

FUCK you for that racial epithet, you fucking piece of shit.

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Sounds serious.

This board should be about sports talk, not racist bullshit.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2013, 12:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ULUZDUo.jpg

oh I get it, they're old

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:28 AM
oh I get it, they're old

The Heat's average age is older than the Spurs but they're not labeled as an old team. Even the Knicks, the oldest team in the league isn't labeled as an old team. Funny how that works for ESPN.

The Reckoning
05-16-2013, 12:29 AM
lmao espn is def calling TP old

The Reckoning
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM
FUCK you for that racial epithet, you fucking piece of shit.

want some queso with that vino?

Aztecfan03
05-16-2013, 01:57 AM
The Heat's average age is older than the Spurs but they're not labeled as an old team. Even the Knicks, the oldest team in the league isn't labeled as an old team. Funny how that works for ESPN.

But the Spurs stars are old besides parker whereas the Heats stars aren't. Heats oldest of big 3(wade) is same age as spurs youngest of big 3 (parker). Heat just have older role players.