PDA

View Full Version : Video: ESPN Spurs/Warriors series analysis

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Warriors done? Props are finally dished out. These guys are geeky as hell.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9278649

BillMc
05-15-2013, 05:20 PM
The one guy takes the time to make the point that Leonard isn't athletic and can hardly jump (though he does give him major props as MVP of the series). That said, he says he's just long armed not athletic. I always got the impression Kawhi was an athlete, and seems to have pretty good hops. What do you guys think?

DPG21920
05-15-2013, 05:29 PM
He's a good athlete, but not great with regards to traditional measures (vertical, speed, ect..). He's solid though.

UZER
05-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I've said before he doesn't have hops, his arms are just super long. But his is athletic, just not super athletic.

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 05:50 PM
The guy on the far right more importantly made it clear at the end to those(analysts/fans) who forgot that this team(2012-2013 Spurs) is different from 2011. Spurs didn't have Kawhi, Danny Green, Diaw, Splitter(didn't get any significant time,) and Manu was playing with a broken arm. Not to mention this year's team has a reassurgent Tim Duncan and a better team defense. Also TP had an excellent regular season series against Memphis this year.

Poolboy5623
05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm giddy at the chance to play Memphis in the wcf...I'm not gonna smile too much, until it happens..but the thought of not having to chase around those two guards( and jack, who doesn't miss), is a pretty exciting thought. Memphis would be tough, in they're own ways but I've been saying all series long(against GS), that I'd rather be playing Memphis. I guess we'll "see what happens."

playblair
05-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm giddy at the chance to play Memphis in the wcf...I'm not gonna smile too much, until it happens..but the thought of not having to chase around those two guards( and jack, who doesn't miss), is a pretty exciting thought. Memphis would be tough, in they're own ways but I've been saying all series long(against GS), that I'd rather be playing Memphis. I guess we'll "see what happens."

darrell aurthur will dominate bonner ..................................

dontplaybonner............................

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:10 PM
darrell aurthur will dominate bonner ..................................

dontplaybonner............................
Diaw will be on Arthur, and this would be the series for Aron Baynes. Marc Gasol is playing extremely high minutes. He played the whole game the other night in regulation. Duncan can't be on the floor the whole time Gasol is.

eyeh8u
05-15-2013, 06:15 PM
guy on the very right is the founder of 48moh , guy in the middle should clean his room before a skype session, at least get rid of that stationary bike.

Man In Black
05-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Kawhi is a more of a 2 foot jumper, he's less explosive off of 1 leg but with the long arms and confidence, that shouldn't pose an issue early on in his career.

AztecSpur
05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
If he's not athletic.what do you call that one handed shot at the baseline while falling out of bounds, or more like being shoved out of bounds. Honestly you guys critique, but couldn't make that shot in a thousand tries......shheeesh. If he's not athletic then you guys must be spastic.

hater
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
If he's not athletic.what do you call that one handed shot at the baseline while falling out of bounds, or more like being shoved out of bounds. Honestly you guys critique, but couldn't make that shot in a thousand tries......shheeesh. If he's not athletic then you guys must be spastic.

make a shot?? most posters here can barely bend over to pick up the ball :lmao

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:40 PM
If we are comparing hops and athletism to Griffin, Howard, Wesbrook, and the other handful of players in this league, then no, he isn't as athletic. His length and hands make his dunks look effortless. Kawhi does have deceptive quickness and hops though.

Arcadian
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
To say he's "not athletic" is just ridiculous nonsense. He might not be as good of a leaper as your Blake Griffins and Lebron James, but that's just one fucking aspect of athleticism. He's still highly athletic in many ways.

spurraider21
05-15-2013, 07:13 PM
"Can you do better" is by far the worst argument ever in any pro sports discussion

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2013, 07:25 PM
To say he's "not athletic" is just ridiculous nonsense. He might not be as good of a leaper as your Blake Griffins and Lebron James, but that's just one fucking aspect of athleticism. He's still highly athletic in many ways.
Ditto. In basketball culture, athletic has basically become a synonym to hops. Any guy in the NBA is athletic in their own right (yes, even Matt Bonner...he's just a pussy). You can tell just by watching him a few seconds that Leonard has great core strength and body control. He's probably a lot stronger than he looks.

Canibspur
05-15-2013, 07:34 PM
make a shot?? most posters here can barely bend over to pick up the ball :lmao

I made a shot once.

capek
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Warriors done? Props are finally dished out. These guys are geeky as hell.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9278649

I'd rather watch these kinda guys talk about sports than the supposedly made for tv kinda morons we're forced to deal with on sportscenter/broadcasts etc

pgardn
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I'd rather watch these kinda guys talk about sports than the supposedly made for tv kinda morons we're forced to deal with on sportscenter/broadcasts etc

Absolutely.

They speak English and their points are well thought out even if you happen to disagree.

This is so much better than Shaq's halftime mumbling nonsense.

capek
05-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Absolutely.

They speak English and their points are well thought out even if you happen to disagree.

This is so much better than Shaq's halftime mumbling nonsense.

Complete sentences. :wow

Multiple clauses per sentence when the thought being expressed requires it. :wow

Using as many unique sentences as the thought necessitates, as opposed to repeating a handful of cliches in slightly different orders. :wow

Stuff like this is always refreshing when compared with the slightly brain damaged-type stuff that the mainstream is filled with. :tu

pikkiwoki
05-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Complete sentences. :wow

Multiple clauses per sentence when the thought being expressed requires it. :wow

Using as many unique sentences as the thought necessitates, as opposed to repeating a handful of cliches in slightly different orders. :wow

Stuff like this is always refreshing when compared with the slightly brain damaged-type stuff that the mainstream is filled with. :tu

Why u gotta disrespek Kenny Smiff like dat?