PDA

View Full Version : The adjustments by the Spurs in this series have been stunning

Embedded
05-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Look at how we started - and look now. Klay Thompson held to 4 points for the game??! Curry held for 9 in the same game?!?! I mean, Corey Joseph scored almost twice as much as Thompson!!! Thompson and Curry were described as the greate3st backcourt in NBA history!!! I am extremely impressed at the progression of defense.

rascal
05-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't believe Curry is healthy. Thompson just hit some open shots, put a man on him and he is nothing special.

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah. This series should have been over yesterday if we could have made shots and freethrows in the forth quarter of game 4. Spurs need the same pissed off, assertive demeanor they had in game 5 to close this out on Thursday.

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Played the regular rotation after the game 2. Genius coach tbh.

Darius McCrary
05-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Curry was beginning to slow down from fatigue before he got hurt. Charles Barkley said it perfectly last night on the post game.

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Just glad Curry has regressed because of defense and injuries. Game 1 was freaking crazy. I had never seen anything like that. As far as Thompson, he has just been shut down defensively.

hater
05-15-2013, 06:48 PM
LOL Barkley. thankfully there's video proof that Kawhi and Green have been big reasons Elian and his brother have been shittin the bed.

Watch game 1 and 2 and then watch the rest of the games. You'll see the priority is not to let these guys breathe. Thankfully video does not lie.

Arcadian
05-15-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't care how healthy he is - Curry was not going to maintain that level of play against us regardless.

MarioSpeedwagon
05-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Thompson got exposed. Guy is a spot up shooter and defender, nothing more. Had a PER of 12 this year for crying out loud. Game 2 was a complete fluke.

Arcadian
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
They were only "stunning" if you didn't expect them. I fully expected these adjustments, so I'm not stunned at all.

CGD
05-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Pop made the decision to let Barnes and Jack go off offensively. He's baited golden states to run everything through a rookie and an undersized tweeter. Two their respective merit they've done a good job, but at least Curry and Thompson have been neutralized which has been the difference since game three. Spurs just ran out of legs in game 4.

DarrinS
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Bluff called?

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I made 2 threads after game 1 asking for Pop to make a simple adjustment..stop doubling Harrison Barnes and giving Thompson open shots..Pop finally stopped double teaming Barnes in game 3, their offense hasn't been the same..

Klay Thompson is an average player that can shoot the lights out when he's wide open..the strategy against him was horrible in games 1 and 2..

Pop outcoaches himself sometimes, tbh..

superjames1992
05-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Pop is a great coach, tbh. Look at other coaches around the league and you'll agree. Pop can be a bit stubborn at times, but he's as good as they come, per par.

spursfaninla
05-16-2013, 12:48 AM
The whole "best shooting backcourt ever" comment was made by their own coach. No one else thinks that. Kwahi makes a huge difference on Thompson, though, and green is a good enough defender given that curry is injured.

Curry injured is the biggest adjustment made in this game. Sure, our defense is looking better, but it sure helps that curry is not 100%. And bogut.

Duncan did not play that well, Manu's shot is still off, and we win by 18. Defense is clearly focused and working, but we shot over 50% from the field and 47% from 3.

I doubt we can count on many games where we shoot 47% from three for wins. 10-21. 30 points from 3s. That is a lot. And 19 points from free throws. That combines for almost 50 points. My point is, part of this game I take as unusually good offense in ways that I doubt we replicate, and some of it is good defense, and part is good luck in our being healthy at a key time.

Takes a combination of events sometimes. Wade is not feeling good either. Memphis is healthy, so they will be a real test.

Tbiggums47
05-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Curry was beginning to slow down from fatigue before he got hurt. Charles Barkley said it perfectly last night on the post game.

Agreed Darius......Warriors with the exception of Barnes and Jack look tired to me!

Seventyniner
05-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Look at the Warriors' point totals in regulation by game. 106, 100, 92, 84, 91. And some of that 91 was in garbage time. The Spurs have definitely made the right defensive adjustments, and are also getting good shots on offense, just missing them in even-numbered games.