PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Jack: UFA Any Interest ?

tmtcsc
05-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Jarrett Jack will be an unrestricted free-agent this summer. Does anyone think the Spurs will target him this summer ? I'd like the Spurs to add another player that can take the ball to the hole instead of relying on jumpshots. However, Jack has proven that he can step up his game when needed. I'm not sure he's the answer to driving to the basket.

100%duncan
05-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Fuck him.

hyhy
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
0/10

lmbebo
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
He can step it up, he can run a team. He'll also command a pretty penny.

blkroadrunners
05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Some team will overpay him. Don't see it being the Spurs.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
He can step it up, he can run a team. He'll also command a pretty penny.

Naw. He's a great bench player, but not so much as a starter. I'd be shocked if he got any more than he's making now, in the neighborhood of $5M.

Canibspur
05-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Spurs MO is to find the guy that's capable but hasn't done it yet for a much cheaper price. It's a gamble. they've been right a lot and when they're wrong it doesnt hurt as much. Dont want to be sucked in paying ten mil a season for what could turn out to be RJ.

That said, its too bad this guy wont be cheap. Think he would mesh well and an all around upgrade to Neal.

lmbebo
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
$5m is a pretty penny.

ironman2886
05-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Realgm says he's already talked about re-signing with the Warriors. If not, Cuban will pay him, and we'll see this fuck on our biggest rival.

maverick1948
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Cory Joseph will be the next backup point guard. He has just shown the tip of the iceberg of his ability. He will get a ton of time next season as Neal will be gone. Mills will remain as insurance against injury to TP or CJ.

Richie
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
We need to spend on a 3 and 4. He'd be an upgrade to Neal but not a priority.

baseline bum
05-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Jack's a really nice instant offense off the bench guy; still, don't see the fit unless Manu retires.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2013, 09:40 PM
He was a top 3 6th man this year, somebody will pay him, tbh..

SenorSpur
05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I've read a couple of reports in the past 2-3 weeks that list the Spurs as one of the rumored teams that could be interested in him this summer. Of course, my first inclination is why and at what price? Jack is a very good player, but I also believe some team will overpay for him.

Beaverfuzz
05-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Nope, he's still the same loser that he was when he was a Blazer.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Spurs cutting Neal instantly makes them a better team its addition by subtraction.

exstatic
05-15-2013, 10:18 PM
$5m is a pretty penny.

Believe it or not, that's the average NBA salary.

Embedded
05-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Jack doesn't seem to be a good team player, more wants to dribble and dribble. I can't see him in a 'system'

Brunodf
05-15-2013, 10:34 PM
No, chucker and plays no D. I will take Cojo/DeColo

Poolboy5623
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
So...the consensus is we'd rather have de Colo or cj backing up tony, instead of jack?! I get cj, being a draft pick of our own, in all but come on people! That's crazy, If he could be had, affordably, I think he'd be a great fit. He'd probably come here and go brick city on the spurs though...not sure why, could just see that happening. With the way he shots against S.A., you'd expect him to make every shot he takes.

DesignatedT
05-15-2013, 11:00 PM
He will get a big contract from some terrible FO.

dav4463
05-15-2013, 11:09 PM
He is Gary Neal.

dg7md
05-15-2013, 11:40 PM
He will likely be overpaid, wherever he goes. If we can get him, sure, absolutely. But don't break the bank over him, he's not all-star caliber, just a great roleplayer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Cory Joseph will be the next backup point guard. He has just shown the tip of the iceberg of his ability. He will get a ton of time next season as Neal will be gone. Mills will remain as insurance against injury to TP or CJ.

This.

Jack detractors really should check their heads though - he's a fine scorer and 6th man, and can run a team. I understand hating on him while we're playing against his team, but he is a pretty good NBA role-player.

therealtruth
05-16-2013, 06:33 AM
He would be worth getting just to prevent him from playing well against us.

mudyez
05-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Is that some type of joke?
Everyone dislikes this guy (rightfully) and we have like 400.000.000 backuppointguards already.

Get rid of Neal and we still should be fine! CoJo should be the number one #2, Mills still should be able to give us some spark or handle the main offensive burden in games where we sit Parker (+others), and De Colo is some kind of insurance at either guard spot (and can play PG alongside Mills in the games I just mentioned).

We have a nice guard rotation and don't need cancer Jack.

tmtcsc
05-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Joke? Who said Jarrett Jack is a cancer? Just compare JJ's stats to any of the players you listed as backups to Tony. CoJo is our best defender at PG but none of the other players you mentioned even belong in the same conversation. Mills, DeColo and Neal all pale in comparison. Add to that, this guy is competitive as hell and can play the point or 2 guard position. I'm all for hating your opponent while you play them in the playoffs but let's get real here.
He has 7 years of experience and is a leader. The other players are still looking for an identity.

Jarrett Jack: 12.9 ppg / 5.6 APG 40% 3p % (29 min. per game) Salary - 5.4 Mill. per season

Mel_13
05-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Joke? Who said Jarrett Jack is a cancer? Just compare JJ's stats to any of the players you listed as backups to Tony. CoJo is our best defender at PG but none of the other players you mentioned even belong in the same conversation. Mills, DeColo and Neal all pale in comparison. Add to that, this guy is competitive as hell and can play the point or 2 guard position. I'm all for hating your opponent while you play them in the playoffs but let's get real here.
He has 7 years of experience and is a leader. The other players are still looking for an identity.

Jarrett Jack: 12.9 ppg / 5.6 APG 40% 3p % (29 min. per game) Salary - 5.4 Mill. per season

I would expect that a guy making 5.4M, and will make as much or more next season, to be much better than our 3rd string guards who combine to make about 3.5M.

In the most optimistic scenario, the Spurs will have about 11M in cap space. A starter quality PF and a good backup SF are much higher priorities than a combo guard, even one as good as Jack. The only way it makes any sense to pursue a guard of Jack's quality/pricetag is if Manu retires.

DarrinS
05-16-2013, 09:26 AM
This.

Jack detractors really should check their heads though - he's a fine scorer and 6th man, and can run a team. I understand hating on him while we're playing against his team, but he is a pretty good NBA role-player.

Jask is a solid player. I don't get the hate either. People say he's equivalent to Neal, but I disagree. Jack is a WAAAYYY better ball handler.

jbspurs
05-16-2013, 09:43 AM
With a little rivalry going on, I hope the Warriors keeps him. It'll be more fun to watch their core intact vs Spurs next season.

Maddog
05-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Realgm says he's already talked about re-signing with the Warriors. If not, Cuban will pay him, and we'll see this fuck on our biggest rival.

he's 29
Suspect he'll go with the most money
Will be tight for GS- however given Curry's history of Ankle problems it will be a priority to resign him

MI21
05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
His game seems like the kind that would be counter-productive on a team with a strict system, but you just can't deny his effectiveness. He's pretty good in the clutch as well.