PDA

View Full Version : ZBO pretty classy postgame interview on Spurs

SpurPadre
05-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Sideline reporter tried to get him to pick a team he'd rather face and when he of course said, "whoever" the guy said, "Well, you beat the Spurs before!" But ZBO shook it off and said we're a different team now so that doesn't matter and gave Pop and The Big 3 props. I just thought that was cool. Anybody else catch it?

GSH
05-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Randolph isn't going to give anybody any ammunition. He's going to do his talking on the court. When you're a big, bad MF you can do that.

eyeh8u
05-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Some of you guys are super sensitive. Anything the anyone says to even be perceived a slight this forum gets 3 threads dedicated to it. Wawa hubie sucks , wawaaaaa chris webber is a homer. Now some guy says something that is not even a compliment, Just a fact, spurs are a different team, and we have threads calling him classy. Fuck him. Fuck memphis.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Some of you guys are super sensitive. Anything the anyone says to even be perceived a slight this forum gets 3 threads dedicated to it. Wawa hubie sucks , wawaaaaa chris webber is a homer. Now some guy says something that is not even a compliment, Just a fact, spurs are a different team, and we have threads calling him classy. Fuck him. Fuck memphis.

This tbh. Thank you for saving me a long post. :lol

Sean Cagney
05-16-2013, 12:13 AM
I agree to EYE above! TRUE! They are so damn sensitive it's ridiculous! Good lord grow up some lol. Who cares? Enjoy your life and our team has 4 titles! You guys act at times as if we are insecure losers! That is what insecure should be for, a loser who never had or did.

BANG! DITTO!

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM

Uh, I wasn't complaining about anything or being sarcastic. I was giving ZBO props. I took what he said as a compliment because that's what he was trying to do. It's as simple as that.

racm
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM
ZBo just being :cry classy off the court :cry

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:17 AM
I agree to EYE above! TRUE! They are so damn sensitive it's ridiculous! Good lord grow up some lol. Who cares? Enjoy your life and our team has 4 titles! You guys act at times as if we are insecure losers! That is what insecure should be for, a loser who never had or did.

BANG! DITTO!

What's with the lack of reading comprehension about this? Giving ZBO props is that big a deal?

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:20 AM
ZBo just being :cry classy off the court :cry

How old are you? 10?

pikkiwoki
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM

Homer or not, Chris Webber is a fucking terrible commentator.

timtonymanu
05-16-2013, 12:32 AM

:lol SpurPadre is one of the most sensitive fans on this board when it comes to what the media says.

:cry Someone picked us to lose :cry
:cry He said something nice about us. Classy him! :cry

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 12:33 AM
:lol SpurPadre is one of the most sensitive fans on this board when it comes to what the media says.

:cry Someone picked us to lose :cry
:cry He said something nice about us. Classy him! :cry

It was getting annoying :lmao :lmao :lmao Who gives a fuckshit about the media :lmao

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:35 AM
It was getting annoying :lmao :lmao :lmao Who gives a fuckshit about the media :lmao

I guess I have to remember I'm not dealing with mature people around here. Alright, cool, I get the vibe and will respect it.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 12:37 AM
I guess I have to remember I'm not dealing with mature people around here. Alright, cool, I get the vibe and will respect it.

Seriously brah, don't fucking get attached to the media or anything anyone in the media says. :lol

DAF86
05-16-2013, 12:38 AM
He's not just saying it, tbh. He believes it, he has lost 4 out of the last 6 against the Spurs. The last time they wanted to face the Spurs in the playoffs, not this time.

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Seriously brah, don't fucking get attached to the media or anything anyone in the media says. :lol

I'm not really. They're just comments on a message board, but whatever. I'll drop it. I'll just focus on b-ball talk. I'm not trying to antagonize or be an annoying poster.

Splits
05-16-2013, 12:40 AM
:cry I heard people on the BBC talking about the Spurs never winning a championship and I had a sad and a big cry, then realized it was Tottenham :cry

OP is emo as fuck

SpurPadre
05-16-2013, 12:43 AM
:cry I heard people on the BBC talking about the Spurs never winning a championship and I had a sad and a big cry, then realized it was Tottenham :cry

OP is emo as fuck

Nah, I just think people here are a lot less mature than I gave them credit for, lol. But I can dig it.

dmon35
05-16-2013, 01:29 AM
I never use to like Z-BO until i saw an interview he gave and was asked which player he admires, respects, and loves playing against. Tim Duncan. On the court he seems like a thug, but off the court, the dude is all class..

crc21209
05-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Randolph is right though. Both teams are completely different from 2 years ago. Conley and Gasol are much better overall players now, and they also added a veteran in Prince who has been there before. However, I do think that Randolph isn't in the dominant zone he was in 2 years ago. The Spurs are waay different. Mainly, there is no HWSNBN starting at the 3 spot for the Spurs. Old man McDyess is gone, and George Hill is gone. Now we have some pretty good young guns in Kawhi and Green, along with a more capable big man in Splitter....

Spurs 4 The Win
05-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Randolph is right though. Both teams are completely different from 2 years ago. Conley and Gasol are much better overall players now, and they also added a veteran in Prince who has been there before. However, I do think that Randolph isn't in the dominant zone he was in 2 years ago. The Spurs are waay different. Mainly, there is no HWSNBN starting at the 3 spot for the Spurs. Old man McDyess is gone, and George Hill is gone. Now we have some pretty good young guns in Kawhi and Green, along with a more capable big man in Splitter....

They also dont have battier or gay now

Sean Cagney
05-16-2013, 01:49 AM
They also dont have battier or gay now

Gay was out for that series we lost in 011. Mayo was there but Gay was out for the year.

Johnny RIngo
05-16-2013, 01:52 AM

Not to mention TD isn't a walking corpse this year(Duncan was playing on sprained ankles during that 2011 post-season). Ginobili doesn't have a broken arm. Parker has improved as a playmaker. SA is actually a good defensive team nowadays.

crc21209
05-16-2013, 01:57 AM
Not to mention TD isn't a walking corpse this year(Duncan was playing on sprained ankles during that 2011 post-season). Ginobili doesn't have a broken arm. Parker has improved as a playmaker. SA is actually a good defensive team nowadays.

Exactly. Different year, different teams.

lefty
05-16-2013, 01:58 AM
:cry they say nice things about us

:cry so classy

:cry outclassed us

tesseractive
05-16-2013, 02:28 AM
I never use to like Z-BO until i saw an interview he gave and was asked which player he admires, respects, and loves playing against. Tim Duncan. On the court he seems like a thug, but off the court, the dude is all class..

He seems kind of like Sheed -- in the wrong team environment, he was terriblem and a detriment to the team. Playing for a good franchise, with the right teammates, he'll stay on the reservation, be a real asset, and channel his wildcard antics into keeping his opponents off balance.

As for liking Tim Duncan, it's the same thing you see with guys like Shaq and Barkley -- it's often the guys who have the most trouble with self-discipline themselves that most respect and even envy it in others. (You can tell -- Shaq will go to his grave wondering how much better he could have been if he'd been able to get his shit together and keep it that way over his career. Serves him right.)

hooperflash
05-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Must. Stop. Darrell. Arthur. tbh. :lol

timtonymanu
05-16-2013, 08:04 AM

:lol because giving a shit about what the media says is "mature" basketball talk

:cry Why don't you guys be nice to me? :cry

Keepin' it real
05-16-2013, 08:39 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3p8w1d.jpg

Russ
05-16-2013, 08:57 AM

Spurs about to get relegated?:flag:

Homeland Security
05-16-2013, 09:15 AM
He seems kind of like Sheed -- in the wrong team environment, he was terriblem and a detriment to the team. Playing for a good franchise, with the right teammates, he'll stay on the reservation, be a real asset, and channel his wildcard antics into keeping his opponents off balance.

As for liking Tim Duncan, it's the same thing you see with guys like Shaq and Barkley -- it's often the guys who have the most trouble with self-discipline themselves that most respect and even envy it in others. (You can tell -- Shaq will go to his grave wondering how much better he could have been if he'd been able to get his shit together and keep it that way over his career. Serves him right.)
I think Z-Bo simply grew up. In this day and age, for an immature athlete to grow up and become a good citizen during his career is rare enough that it is worth lauding. :tu

Man In Black
05-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Spurs about to get relegated?:flag:

No Russ, The Totteham Hotspur FC finished the league in 5th place. Only the bottom 3 teams get relegated(Think demoted to a lower level league). This time the teams leaving the Premiership are Wiggan, Reading, and QPR.

LarryDavid
05-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Just the PR Coach earning his/her keep

Stabula
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Honestly I'm kind of sick and tired of all the well-guarded politically correct answers we hear from players and coaches in these interviews. No one ever says anything meaningful it's always the same "yeah our team didn't play our best but we just have to watch some tape and we'll see what works" instead of saying what's actually on everyone's mind which is more like "Yeah Gary Neal fucking shot us out of the game." I'm sure Randolph knows who he'd rather play but he knows he'd get shit for being vocal about it.

jag
05-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Stop making threads homo

Embedded
05-16-2013, 04:08 PM
With our ability to adjust (last year in the playoffs vs. OKC that was not the case) I am looking forward to playing Memphis.