PDA

View Full Version : Baynes a make her dance

KL2
05-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah I made a thread with that title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Assuming SA gets past GS, this would be the perfect series to play him in, especially against Randolph.

I fear he will be glued to the bench though :cry

Halberto
05-16-2013, 12:47 AM
What's with all these people wanting unproven players (Tmac and baynes) getting minutes in the playoffs?

DAF86
05-16-2013, 12:53 AM
He won't be glued to the bench, tbh. He will be glued to a suit.

KL2
05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
What's with all these people wanting unproven players (Tmac and baynes) getting minutes in the playoffs?

Baynes proved he could hold his own against Howard, he's a big body, 6'10 260lbs of muscle that could definitely match up well with Memphis' physical big men. I'd rather have him than Blair/Bonner/Diaw on Zach or Gasol. They won't be able to post as easily forcing them into tough shots, and he adds rim protection which SA will need against a team that can't shoot from 3.

Halberto
05-16-2013, 03:44 AM
He played well, but it was a very small sample size. Also, Dwight isn't half the post player that Zbo or Marc Gasol are. Splitter and Diaw will be the difference this year.... that's assuming we get past GS.

Darkwaters
05-16-2013, 04:08 AM
I love the idea of Baynes next season. I think he could be great for us. But this year he isn't a go-to guy.

I think he should be active at least, since he could easily make sense if we run into injury/foul issues. But you don't plan to go with him unless one of those contingencies occurs.

TrainOfThought5
05-16-2013, 04:12 AM

probably because we were the same ones who wanted Cojo to get minutes over Neal, De Colo, and Mills.

and look what happened with that. Although im not a huge fan of TMac this year.

All we want are the players best utilized according to their skills and matchups, i dont think thats too much to ask.

mudyez
05-16-2013, 04:17 AM
I guess Baynes will at least be in a Spurs uniform for these games (if we advance to the WCF). Not sure if he will play a lot, but he will get his chance at least in garbage minutes or if other bigs get into fouldtrouble.
The GS series just isn't at all for him, thus sporting the suit.

therealtruth
05-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Baynes proved he could hold his own against Howard, he's a big body, 6'10 260lbs of muscle that could definitely match up well with Memphis' physical big men. I'd rather have him than Blair/Bonner/Diaw on Zach or Gasol. They won't be able to post as easily forcing them into tough shots, and he adds rim protection which SA will need against a team that can't shoot from 3.

This. I see Baynes as someone who can soak minutes without worsening the defense and having passable offense. You can't say that for Bonner/Blair.