PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which team had a stronger 2nd round opponent -- Spurs or Grizzlies?

Uriel
05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Which team do you think is better: the Thunder or the Warriors?

RD2191
05-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Well since the only offensive threat on OKC is Durant, I'm gonna lean towards the Warriors who are also underrated on defense.

Richie
05-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Warriors are probably better defensively and without Westbrook, the Thunder became a one man team. Durant had to do quite literally everything on every Thunder possession, he's an incredible player but the Warriors have more varied attacking options.

We shut down Curry and Thompson and still get burned by players like Jack and Barnes. The Thunder don't have that kind of depth.

Ironically last year they had the depth of the Warriors and more talent, which is how they beat us. We had to do whatever we could to stop Durant and Westbrook which led to Ibaka going 11-11 and Harden killing us.

tesseractive
05-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Is this a serious question? Thunder... and ten fold because Curry got hurt.

The Westbrook-less Thunder has looked pretty one-dimensional. LeBron arguably had a better supporting cast back with the Cavs.

mercos
05-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Before this round started, I would have said the Thunder were better. Now, I think its Golden State hands down. Durant has been amazing, but the rest of the team has played terrible. All of the games were close, but that is only because of the Grizzlies style. The Thunder looked awful in that series.

Kidd K
05-16-2013, 01:24 AM
The Warriors until Curry hurt his ankle. Then again, Curry was getting locked up and cuckolded worse and worse every game before he hurt his ankle. So honestly, I don't think his injury has been as big a factor as Danny Green was for figuring him out.

After all, Klay Thompson is 100% and has been a ghost because of Pop/Leonard's defensive adjustments on him. Who's really to say it's just Curry's ankle and not the defensive adjustment that made a bigger impact? Or at least just as big.

OKC never really had a guy get super red hot on fadeaway drifting contested threes for a whole game like the Warriors did twice. I would say OKC is the harder team to eventually figure out even without Westbrook, but the Warriors have played better than OKC, at least for two games.

superbigtime
05-16-2013, 04:04 AM
TBH haven't watched much OKC/Memphis. Absence of Westbrook is more detrimental than Curry's gimpy ankle. would go with GSW. Clearly Spurs and Memphis are best of the west.

KaiRMD1
05-16-2013, 04:07 AM
TBH haven't watched much OKC/Memphis. Absence of Westbrook is more detrimental than Curry's gimpy ankle. would go with GSW. Clearly Spurs and Memphis are best of the west.

Spurs still have to close out the Warriors

rascal
05-16-2013, 04:35 AM
Those voting are going to be disappointed in how tough Memphis will be.

superbigtime
05-16-2013, 05:00 AM
Spurs still have to close out the Warriors

Oh!

Legacy
05-16-2013, 06:01 AM
:lmao When The Spurs are losing people believe Golden State is the better opponent. When The Spurs are winning, however, they scoff at Golden State and act like they are nothing but a bunch of JV Basketball Scrubs that didn't even belong in The Playoffs to begin with. I seriously beg to differ, folks. Downstairs goes absolutely nuts over GS when we lose to 'em, though. They've even called them "America's Team." Just a buncha' hater-idiots. Nothing new there at all, of course. :lmao

hater
05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Warriors >>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook-less OKC not even close

still does not mean Grizz are not a formidable opponent. Quite the contrary. Grizz could have swept OKC, they were just playing with their food.

ffadicted
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Warriors > No WB Thunder and it's not even close