PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The 2013 Western Conference..

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2013, 04:04 AM
Is this the worst Western Conference in the post-Jordan era, tbh?..

The 2009 and 2010 West only had 1 legit team, but those Lakers would dominate any of the teams in this year's West, tbh..

2011? 2003?

2003 could be comparable, but I think the Spurs and Lakers of that year make a difference..

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Make everyone healthy in the West and it's a pretty stacked conference imho.

KaiRMD1
05-16-2013, 04:08 AM
You must be high

DeadlyDynasty
Mavs were decent in 2003...one choked 4th qtr away (w/o Dirk too) from making that a Game 7 WCF. Sacto was also still good but got derailed by CWEbb's injury. 2013 takes the cake for sure

Quadzilla99
Everyone important is healthy except Westbrook, unless you think those scrubs were gonna do something.

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2013, 04:09 AM
You must be high

Why?..

Memphis or San Antonio representing the West would probably be the worst West representative of the post-Jordan era, tbh..

rayjayjohnson
05-16-2013, 04:10 AM
Everyone important is healthy except Westbrook, unless you think those scrubs were gonna do something.

Denver would have beaten Golden State if Gallo was healthy tbh

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:11 AM
holy shit how could i forget 2007...worst, most anti-climactic WC playoffs i've ever seen once the GSW upset was over

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Why?..

Memphis or San Antonio representing the West would probably be the worst West representative of the post-Jordan era, tbh..

Expound tbh.

Quadzilla99
05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Meant to say scrubs in LA..

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2013, 04:13 AM
holy shit how could i forget 2007...worst, most boring WC playoffs i've ever seen after the GSW upset.

The 2007 Spurs would easily win this year's West, though..and the 2007 Mavs would be better than any of the remaining teams IMO..

Quadzilla99
05-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Denver would have beaten Golden State if Gallo was healthy tbh

Gallo is overrated imho. His shooting has regressed every single year. Still he might have helped, still think GS wins, maybe in 7 though.

Juggity
05-16-2013, 04:16 AM
The west does seem weaker. But outside of Miami (actually, outside of just Lebron James) the east is still a huge joke in comparison.

The league is just diluted this year.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:17 AM
Yup, I don't get the complaining of HH when East is clearly a joke tbh. :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2013, 04:18 AM
The league overall is pretty weak this year, tbh..

Miami is winning with Wade at 50%, tbh, which speaks volumes..

Quadzilla99
05-16-2013, 04:18 AM
The west does seem weaker. But outside of Miami (actually, outside of just Lebron James) the east is still a huge joke in comparison.

Yeah, the talents never been higher but due to injuries, poor coaching, bad FO moves (lol Harden trade) or a combination of all three (LoLakers) it's a shit wc playoff field.

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm not complaining, I'm making a simple observation, tbh..

I just find it funny that the Spurs and Grizzlies have a legit shot at the Finals when both teams have an abundance of flaws:lol..the West is usually a powerhouse..

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:20 AM
The 2007 Spurs would easily win this year's West, though..and the 2007 Mavs would be better than any of the remaining teams IMO..
Agreed, I think we were arguing 2 different points though. Yes, those 2007 Mavs and Spurs would run roughshod over this mediocre 2013 class--I was just remembering how terribly boring that entire playoffs was. Thank God for LeBron's ECF Game 5 or that year would be quickly forgotten

thunderup
05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Memphis should be in the leastern conference.

The more pressing question is: Has Miami gotten the easiest run to the finals ever? Outside of Indiana, who might take the Heat to a 6-game series, the Least has no parity whatsoever. It's a shameful showing from the league. Stern should be beside himself.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
He's saying for the first time in years that the West has no viable contenders at a title. It's just a pile of mediocrity

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:23 AM
The league overall is pretty weak this year, tbh..

Miami is winning with Wade at 50%, tbh, which speaks volumes..

To be fair with the Bulls, they had key guys injured.

:lol Rose

thunderup
05-16-2013, 04:28 AM
To be fair with the Bulls, they had key guys injured.

:lol Rose
Not to mention a Bucks team that had no business being in the playoffs. :lol

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:28 AM
He's saying for the first time in years that the West has no viable contenders at a title. It's just a pile of mediocrity

But you gotta consider the injuries too. Clearly a healthy Lakers all year wouldn't be 7th seed. Nuggs with Gallo was dangerous. OKC without Westbrook is a whole 'nother story. I mean injuries hurt the teams clearly. And you can say that the west is a pile of mediocrity but imho right now;

1. Heat
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. New York

So I wouldn't really critic the west tbh.

Latarian Milton
05-16-2013, 04:29 AM
09 was probably the most boring one as far as i can remember, and the magic were probably the worst team to make the NBA finals in the past decade imho. fact is the playoffs will always become somewhat meaningless & boring when/if the spurs quit early

thunderup
05-16-2013, 04:30 AM
:lol yeah, the Least is so mediocre that their 2nd best team would be the 4th-5th best team in the West.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:33 AM
09 was probably the most boring one as far as i can remember, and the magic were probably the worst team to make the NBA finals in the past decade imho. fact is the playoffs will always become somewhat meaningless & boring when/if the spurs quit early
07 Cavs were the worst team to ever make the finals. 02 and 03 nets aren't far behind. Then the 2009 Magic

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:36 AM
07 Cavs were the worst team to ever make the finals. 02 and 03 nets aren't far behind. Then the 2009 Magic

I'd put that Nets as a better team than the Magic imho, because they were able to repeat being ECF champs atleast fwiw.

thunderup
05-16-2013, 04:37 AM
The 09 Magic are the worst team.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:37 AM
But you gotta consider the injuries too. Clearly a healthy Lakers all year wouldn't be 7th seed. Nuggs with Gallo was dangerous. OKC without Westbrook is a whole 'nother story. I mean injuries hurt the teams clearly. And you can say that the west is a pile of mediocrity but imho right now;

1. Heat
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. New York

Grizzlies - no superstars, not a chance against Miami
Spurs - Great system, fool's gold players who can't win big games anymore--especially against vastly superior talent like the Heat
Warriors - I assume this was a joke
OKC - Got smoked by Miami with Harden--but they're now a viable threat to Miami w/o him?
New York - Stupid, undisciplined chuckers
Indiana - never a serious threat...just an annoying fly that won't go away.

Miami shits on all those teams--MAYBE Memphis can surprise them and take them to 6, but I doubt it.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:40 AM
I'd put that Nets as a better team than the Magic imho, because they were able to repeat being ECF champs atleast fwiw.
The ECF was pathetic then. They had to get through Antoine Walker to get to the finals! Cleveland Cavaliers literally had one player against 12--and he was guarded by Bowen

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Grizzlies - no superstars, not a chance against Miami
Spurs - Great system, fool's gold players who can't win big games anymore--especially against vastly superior talent like the Heat
Warriors - I assume this was a joke
OKC - Got smoked by Miami with Harden--but they're now a viable threat to Miami w/o him?
New York - Stupid, undisciplined chuckers
Indiana - never a serious threat...just an annoying fly that won't go away.

Miami shits on all those teams--MAYBE Memphis can surprise them and take them to 6, but I doubt it.

What's your point tbh? I just explained that even with the West being a "pile of mediocrity", the Heat aside, the East is way way way worse.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:42 AM
The ECF was pathetic then. They had to get through Antoine Walker to get to the finals! Cleveland Cavaliers literally had one player against 12--and he was guarded by Bowen

Point well taken but just saying they did it 2 in a row so it's not like it was a fluke or what, 09 Magic though was clearly a fluke. Not even arguing bout the Cavs because I agree that that was the worst team that got in the Finals.

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:45 AM
What's your point tbh? I just explained that even with the West being a "pile of mediocrity", the Heat aside, the East is way way way worse.
My point is that you can't read...must be a Filipino thing. Harlem's thread wasn't an EC/WC compare and contrast. He's simply stating that this WC field has no boss teams, which is an anomaly considering the conference's dominance in the post Jordan-era. The final teams are MEM, GSW, and SAS...All 3 would get buttraped by any past WC representative

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:46 AM
My point is that you can't read...must be an Aussie thing. Harlem's thread wasn't an EC/WC compare and contrast. He's simply stating that this WC field has no boss teams, which is an anomaly considering the conference's dominance in the post Jordan-era. The final teams are MEM, GSW, and SAS...All 3 would get buttraped by and past WC representative

Vice versa. :lol

Latarian Milton
05-16-2013, 04:47 AM
the cavs could pile up nearly 70 games in the regular season and i dont think the magic had managed to do so tbh. bron's supporting casts might be the worst pieces of shits you ever seen in the NBA finals but a team led by bron >>>> team led by a drama queen. 07' spurs were just too strong tbh

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:47 AM
I'm not even arguing about the injured west teams being weak but I just pointed out that the East is still way worse tbh :lol

thunderup
05-16-2013, 04:49 AM
I'm not even arguing about the injured west teams being weak but I just pointed out that the East is still way worse tbh :lol
:lol a point that will slide by in this forum

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:50 AM
the cavs could pile up nearly 70 games in the regular season and i dont think the magic had managed to do so tbh. bron's supporting casts might be the worst pieces of shits you ever seen in the NBA finals but a team led by bron >>>> team led by a drama queen. 07' spurs were just too strong tbh
You're thinking of 2 different Cavs teams. The one in 07 was pure dogshit and won 48-50 games. The one in 09 won 66 games but lost to the "drama queen" in the ECF.

{pats self on back}

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 04:55 AM
DD tryna be racist, fails. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2013, 04:57 AM
to say t he spurs dont have a chance against the cheat thi season is bullshit

bulls manage to pushed the heat around to 5 games, i think spurs can pushed that shit in also

wade is playing injured which works best in the spurs interested if they can exploit it....

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 04:58 AM
DD tryna be racist, fails. :lol
:loltbh, does it really matter what penal colony island you're from? Either way, you are beneath me and my people.

You also can't read or post decent basketball takes. Rough day for you.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 05:00 AM
:loltbh, does it really matter what penal colony island you're from? Either way, you are beneath me and my people.

You also can't read or post decent basketball takes. Rough day for you.

Fails again. :lol

Since when did I disagree with Harlem :lol Just pointed out that West is still clearly better and I didn't disagree that they were a pile of mediocrity, did I?

Rougher day for you. :lol

Johnny RIngo
05-16-2013, 05:09 AM

:lol Lakers needing 7 games to beat a Rockets team without Yao or McGrady
:lol George Karl Nuggets team being in the Conference Finals
:lol Orlando Magic being in the Finals
:lol Magic's franchise player averaging 14 ppg in the Finals
:lol Turkoglu being the leading scorer on a Finals teams

DeadlyDynasty
05-16-2013, 05:21 AM
Since when did I disagree with Harlem :lol Just pointed out that West is still clearly better and I didn't disagree that they were a pile of mediocrity, did I?
Lie #1:

Is this the worst Western Conference in the post-Jordan era, tbh?..

Make everyone healthy in the West and it's a pretty stacked conference imho.

Why?..

Expound tbh.
Clearly a post that doubt's HH's assertion

Go back to first quote where yiou either lied or contradicted yourself.

But you gotta consider the injuries too. Clearly a healthy Lakers all year wouldn't be 7th seed. Nuggs with Gallo was dangerous--this made me lol. OKC without Westbrook is a whole 'nother story. I mean injuries hurt the teams clearly. And you can say that the west is a pile of mediocrity but imho right now;

1. Heat
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. New York

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 05:24 AM
DeadlyDynasty

So you want to negate the fact that the injuries Superstars/Top players of some teams in the West affect their team's performance?

And when I ranked those teams, I even ranked them while considering some of them short handed and still the East's teams are way worse. :lol

And how can saying East is a lot worse disagree with what HH said? It's true the East is way worse :lol

Neglecting Superstars' injuries. :lol

Trying to be racist, backfiring :lol

benefactor
05-16-2013, 07:01 AM
This is why I think all the Spur fan "zomg we are contenders!!11!1" talk while blasting semen everywhere is kinda silly. Sure they have a good chance to go back to the finals, but lets not act like that is some sort of impressive act this season. The playoffs is usually my favorite time of year but this year I've found myself wishing football would hurry up and start. I don't think that's ever happened tbh.

Pelicans78
05-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Point well taken but just saying they did it 2 in a row so it's not like it was a fluke or what, 09 Magic though was clearly a fluke. Not even arguing bout the Cavs because I agree that that was the worst team that got in the Finals.

The 09 Magic weren't a fluke. They made it to the ECFs the next season and lost to a very good Celtics team. That Magic team were much better than either of the Nets teams.

TampaDude
05-16-2013, 08:58 AM
The 2007 Spurs would shit all over this 2013 WC.

weebo
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
The 2007 Spurs would shit all over this 2013 WC.

Duncan and Manu were younger and the Spurs had a more battled tested supporting cast.

Bill_Brasky
05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
You shut down Bosh, you beat the Heat. The Heat aren't unbeatable.

Brazil
05-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Western Conference is weak I agree but WC is still >>>>>>>>> EC

This EC is one of the worst I can remember of any conferences since I watch basketball

:lol Indiana lead by George Hill in position to play ECF

jeebus
05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
if the Lakers played in the East this year, they probably wouldn't taken a 2nd round team to 7 games.

Clipper Nation
05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Memphis should be in the leastern conference.
Never mind that, the Hornets should have never been moved out of the East....

When the NBA finally expands again, they should move Memphis and NOLA to the East and put expansion teams in Seattle and either Vancouver or Kansas City, tbh....

Clipper Nation
05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
And the East has pretty much blown chunks since Jordan retired....

I feel like that's because a lot of eastern markets are football-centric, and NBA teams of course struggle to compete with NFL teams, so lots of Eastern teams especially make short-sighted moves and stay mediocre in order to put butts in seats and stay mildly relevant instead of building a real team....

td4mvp2k
05-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Never mind that, the Hornets should have never been moved out of the East....

When the NBA finally expands again, they should move Memphis and NOLA to the East and put expansion teams in Seattle and either Vancouver or Kansas City, tbh....
LV?

Clipper Nation
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
LV?
Vegas would never happen, tbh.... no major sports league wants any public association with the sports gambling scene, and Vegas' local economy went to shit during the recession and is struggling to recover....

KaiRMD1
05-16-2013, 11:51 PM

This is what happens when all the superstars wanna play together

irishock
05-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Both conferences fucking suck tbh

The new breed of Faggot Rose, Griffin and Acne replacing the likes of A.I., Shaq, TMac, etc. :lol