PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rick Barry dropping truth bombs on Miami Heat greatness on espn

BobaFett1
05-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Rick is right sons when he said Heat is not one of the greatest teams ever. They are good but great? I have to say lets see them win 4 to 5 titles be4 we call them great tbh.

racm
05-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Leastern Conference, tbh

jeebus
05-16-2013, 09:35 AM
lol winning 4 or 5 titles. that's rich.

100%duncan
05-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Rick Barry is an idiot imho.

Clipper Nation
05-16-2013, 10:37 AM
With today's free agency, salary cap and harsh luxury tax, we probably need to lower our expectations for what a great dynasty is, tbh.... we're not going to see another Jordan Bulls piling up 6 rings and running the table in Finals because the NBA is inching closer to parity....

I do think the Heat will go down as an all-time great team, and it has little to do with ring count and more to do with LeBron's greatness.... but anyone expecting 5 rings out of this team is delusional, considering it will have to be blown up soon under the NBA's rules, tbh....

Seventyniner
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
You can't win 4 or 5 titles in one year. If the Heat go 16-4 or better in the playoffs they'll definitely be near the top of the list of best seasons ever.

BobaFett1
05-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Leastern Conference, tbh

so true

irishock
05-16-2013, 12:06 PM
:lol forum thinking the Heat could stand up to the 96 Bulls

DMC
05-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Rick Barry didn't know his daughter in law was fucking his son's friend. Rick doesn't know much.

hater
05-16-2013, 06:53 PM
no shit. even Pat Riley would agree with that.

mercos
05-16-2013, 07:35 PM
If Miami wins the title this year, they will have had one of the better seasons in NBA history. However, I would not consider them one of the best teams in NBA history. They have to many weaknesses, and the league overall was pretty weak this year. The Eastern Conference was an absolute joke. I don't think they are better than the Spurs title teams, or the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, let alone Jordan's Bulls.

Latarian Milton
05-16-2013, 11:04 PM
only time will tell if this team will come down the greatest of all time but at least at this point of time we're the greatest basketball team on this planet imho, no one knows how things are gonna turn out to be in 2-3 years though. barcelona looked invincible in the football world just 1-2 years ago but the team of universe have already been beaten to earth two years in a row at the hands of chelsea & bayern respectively

LkrFan
05-16-2013, 11:09 PM
With today's free agency, salary cap and harsh luxury tax, we probably need to lower our expectations for what a great dynasty is, tbh.... we're not going to see another Jordan Bulls piling up 6 rings and running the table in Finals because the NBA is inching closer to parity....

I do think the Heat will go down as an all-time great team, and it has little to do with ring count and more to do with LeBron's greatness.... but anyone expecting 5 rings out of this team is delusional, considering it will have to be blown up soon under the NBA's rules, tbh....
1st bolded: :rollin :lmao :rollin
2nd bolded: :rolleyes
Overall post: -25 points

Jacob1983
05-17-2013, 12:40 AM
My Mavs beat the Heat in the Finals. Only team to eliminate the Heat in the Finals.

Latarian Milton
05-17-2013, 12:53 AM
your mavs are also by far the only team to have got asskicked in the finals by us imho

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 01:01 AM
miami heat is like the pistons during the first half of the 00 decade....fkn 5 straight ECF appearances in the shitty east

Jacob1983
05-17-2013, 01:17 AM
If Superfriends is great, then why aren't they the two time defending NBA champs? You wanna know why? Because my Mavs said no and beat their asses.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 01:25 AM
i wonder whats the heat excuse in the playoffs dropping games...i thought they were coasting?

HI-FI
05-17-2013, 01:36 AM

honestly, it's for the best. you need to give fanbases and organizations a chance, otherwise what's the point. Jordan was a phenomenon, a global icon, but it's bad for the league to try to recreate that with teams winning multiple dynasties in a row. at some points fans will tune out if their teams have no chance. personally i think Spurs will do quite fine, perhaps even better, in a league with decent parity.

LkrFan
05-17-2013, 01:37 AM
You sound sort of angry that LeBron James >>> Kobe Bryant, tbh.

No, I'm not actually. Father time is undefeated son.

BobaFett1
05-17-2013, 01:44 AM
You sound sort of angry that LeBron James >>> Kobe Bryant, tbh.

truth^&

LkrFan
05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Um, no. I'm talking about career-wise. He's already ahead of him on the hypothetical all-time great list, no question.

If you say so son, it must be so then. :tu

LkrFan
05-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Everyone and their brother on ST does, basically. Only people that don't are delusional Laker fans. lol
FIFY son. I got your back hommie. No need to thank me. :tu

Latarian Milton
05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
miami will come down as 6 or 7 time NBA champions when all is said and done imho. mavs just got lucky to steal one from our closet and we ain't gonna let it happen again

Clipper Nation
05-17-2013, 06:27 PM
1st bolded: :rollin :lmao :rollin
2nd bolded: :rolleyes
Overall post: -25 points
LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>> KirbyPERIOD

Rick Santorum
05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
your mavs are also by far the only team to have got asskicked in the finals by us imho

thunder

LkrFan
05-17-2013, 07:17 PM
LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>> KirbyPERIOD
I'm >>>>>>>Kobe right now too. -15 points :lol

Thebesteva
05-17-2013, 09:45 PM

I swear CN sometimes I'm convinced Lebron has you on his payroll

Jacob1983
05-18-2013, 12:57 AM
My Mavs eliminated the Heat in the Finals and that is awesome to me. I cannot stand the Miami Heat. I wish and encourage nothing but failure to their franchise. That team was given a championship in 2006 and 2011 was awesome because they finally got what was coming to them. It was nice to see DWhistle look like the arrogant egotistical bitch that he is. It was even more awesome that it happened in Miami.

FkLA
05-18-2013, 02:40 AM
My Mavs eliminated the Heat in the Finals and that is awesome to me. I cannot stand the Miami Heat. I wish and encourage nothing but failure to their franchise. That team was given a championship in 2006 and 2011 was awesome because they finally got what was coming to them. It was nice to see DWhistle look like the arrogant egotistical bitch that he is. It was even more awesome that it happened in Miami.

How are the Mavs doing in the playoffs this year, Jake the Snake ?