PDA

View Full Version : Former Horn Joseph should stick in San Antonio

Darkwaters
05-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Golden: Former Horn Joseph should stick in San Antonio

Posted: 5:48 p.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2013
By Cedric Golden- American-Statesman Staff

SAN ANTONIO —

Cory Joseph loves Austin, but will be staying away from the 512 for a while.

After a regular season spent living out of his suitcase between stints with the Austin Toros of the NBA Developmental League and the San Antonio Spurs, Joseph is well on his way to becoming a full-time NBA player.

“I don’t know that yet,” Joseph said after Tuesday night’s Game 5 playoff win over Golden State. “I just want to keep trying to improve my game.”

There’s nothing like being prepared when opportunity knocks, and Tony Parker’s injury troubles have given Joseph the chance to show his worth to Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who installed him as Parker’s backup before the playoffs.

So why Joseph over rookie Nando De Colo and veteran Paddy Mills?

That’s easy.

They preach defense in San Antonio, and that’s always been Joseph’s calling card from his days with the Texas Longhorns. He is on the short list of best perimeter defenders on the team and has taken his turn on Golden State’s Steph Curry in this best-of-seven series. While Parker struggled to get his aching legs revved up early on Tuesday — “I felt like a 50-year-old man,” he said after the game — Joseph entered with just under four minutes remaining in the first quarter and provided an immediate spark.

On the offensive end.

Read more:
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/basketball/golden-former-horn-joseph-should-stick-in-san-anto/nXsJC/

playblair
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
word playblair was one of very few posters who believed in cojo.................... cojo haters were rampant.................. cojo turned haters into believers.................

KL2
05-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Playblair=underrated.

He makes Timvp look like Ducks.

jesterbobman
05-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah, it's not like timvp started a thread before the season on the debate of who the backup PG should be and chose CoJo as the backup he thought should be the backup PG.

Oh Wait.

Seventyniner
05-16-2013, 04:21 PM
playblair now referring to himself in the third person! Watch out Deion!

DapDaGenius
05-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I've always liked CoJo. On another site, I saw a mock draft that had someone's personal opinion under each pick, and it said that we should ditch Cojo for Erick Green. The guy said "Joseph doesn't have what it takes to be back-up to Parker".

If we picked up a PG/SG like Erick Green, I would think that he would replace Gary Neal, right?