PDA

View Full Version : Duncan vs Kobe is the modern day Magic vs Bird.

HemisfairArena
05-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Its a shame Duncan and Kobe didnt play in different conferences like Bird and Magic did. It would have been as epic as the 80's between the Celtics and Lakers. If Duncan wins his 5th ring this year and ties Kobe...they are as close as it comes to a virtual tie for best ever for their generation.(And for the record, I think Duncan with 4 rings is still the best player of his generation)... I dont think it has ever been this close in the history of the game. Kobe and Tim would have 5 titles, multiple Finals MVP's, won regular season MVP's, both have the most all defensive selections in the game(Duncan with 14..Kobe with 12), All Star appearance(Kobe with 15...Duncan with 14), and All NBA team(Kobe with 13...Duncan with 12). I dont think there will ever or has ever been two players that will be this close for their era ever again. Magic ran away from Bird but is the only comparision close to this. LeBron will run away from Durant. Jordan never had anyone comparable in his era... ect....Duncan vs. Kobe is the best debate of all time for who was the best of their era.

HemisfairArena
05-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow. This is why we are laughed at as Spurs fans. I present this debate and no one responds. Present this argument on a Laker board and it gets 300 responses in 5 minutes for Kobe. And you my fellow Spurs fans get angry when we dont get any respect. LMAO

LarryDavid
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Wow. This is why we are laughed at as Spurs fans. I present this debate and no one responds. Present this argument on a Laker board and it gets 300 responses in 5 minutes for Kobe. And you my fellow Spurs fans get angry when we dont get any respect. LMAO

OK

DarrinS
05-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Sorry, but I disagree

spurraider21
05-16-2013, 09:29 PM

OK

jack sommerset
05-16-2013, 09:40 PM
I choose Duncan. God bless

spurraider21
05-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Don't think it parallels Magic/Bird that well, but you can safely bet that pretty much anybody on this forum would correctly prefer Timmy over Kobe

tim210g
05-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Hemisfair I think ther lookin for u?

skulls138
05-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Bird and Magic were much closer in height and were competing during the golden age of NBA basketball. Hell they made a Broadway play about them. Sure K and D they had some battles but why link those two and not Shaq or Ginobili etc?

polandprzem
05-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Nowhere near to compare

SouthTexasRancher
05-16-2013, 11:53 PM

Then do everyone a favor znd go back over to your Laker board where your fan club can cheer you on. Over here we enjoy getting angry when we get respect, not when we don't. Duncan & Kobe or not even close to being the Magic - Bird of today. Kobe has 5 rings and Tim has 4 rings.....other than that there really isn't anything to it.

Arcadian
05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
I think it should be Duncan and Shaq.

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. Garnett/Nowitzki (you can debate that one, but who cares)

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 12:42 AM
:lol Kobe

hyhy
05-17-2013, 01:03 AM

So if we post 300 responses in 5 minutes over something that has been said for years and we already concluded otherwise, we get respect?