PDA

View Full Version : Calling my shot

Joesteds
07-11-2005, 01:20 PM
This is as of July 11th, and I am calling my shot at who will be in the western and eastern finals and all the winners. This will piss some Spurs fans off.

West
Suns v. Spurs - Spurs

East
Heat v. Pacers - Heat

Finals
Heat v. Spurs - Heat

A lot of people on here talk bad about Dwade how he hasn't won anything, but this next year is his 3rd freaking year in the league. Shaq has to be healthier than he was this past playoffs along with Wade. I see them being a dominant force if they can resign Damon Jones or bring in another dead eye shooter. I also see the Rockets and Nuggets making noise in the West, but neither are there yet. I see Detroit falling off its pedestal to the Pacers who will be better with Artest and Granger. The Bulls will be pretty damn good next year also. anyways those are my picks and I'm sure most will be unhappy with my pick of the Spurs losing.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
This is as of July 11th, and I am calling my shot at who will be in the western and eastern finals and all the winners. This will piss some Spurs fans off.

West
Suns v. Spurs - Spurs

East
Heat v. Pacers - Heat

Finals
Heat v. Spurs - Heat

A lot of people on here talk bad about Dwade how he hasn't won anything, but this next year is his 3rd freaking year in the league. Shaq has to be healthier than he was this past playoffs along with Wade. I see them being a dominant force if they can resign Damon Jones or bring in another dead eye shooter. I also see the Rockets and Nuggets making noise in the West, but neither are there yet. I see Detroit falling off its pedestal to the Pacers who will be better with Artest and Granger. The Bulls will be pretty damn good next year also. anyways those are my picks and I'm sure most will be unhappy with my pick of the Spurs losing.
Nah thats alright, noone will be unhappy, 'cause we know you're wrong

Jdspur20
07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I see Detroit falling off its pedestal

how could you say that??? where have you been the last 2 seasons???

Banks91
07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
lol cmon on guy, how are we gonna lose to a squad that wont reach the finals

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
the pistons are legitttt i realize that after the finals

constantstate
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
nostra-freaking-damus

Sense
07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
It's his opinion, there's nothing you can do other than just laugh..

hahah

SpursWoman
07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Brilliant!

constantstate
07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
i predict that shaq will eat his weight in crunch bars... i think they re-up'ed him.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Shaq has to be healthierDoes he?

SpursWoman
07-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Does he?

Yes, he does...or they aren't doing squat. Will he be? Doubtful. :fro

1Parker1
07-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't get why everyone has made Ron Artest into some kind of superstar caliber player like Tim Duncan that can carry a team over the top. Pacers are good enough without him, as they proved last season.

SpursWoman
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Pacers are good enough without him, as they proved last season.

Not quite good enough. :lol

Joesteds
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
how could you say that??? where have you been the last 2 seasons???

I've been watching the N.B.A. Who do you see on the Detroit Pistons that is going to get better? Every last one of them are in their primes or heading past their primes. If they lose Brown, which is what I am counting on here, who will keep that team of Naughty-heads together. Oh yeah like Flip Saunders can keep Rasheed under wraps. Lets fill a void of a Hall of Fame coach with a guy whos greatest achievement was beating a crappy Sacramento squad to make it to the Western Finals only to get run out of the gym by the Lakers. So where have I been is watching what is transpiring to that team. Where have you been to not see the Pistons struggle against the Pacers the last two seasons, and with Artest coming back and the addition of Granger, they will be a hell of a lot better than last year. That is who I am predicting to knock the Pistons off is the Pacers. If not the Pacers then hell yes the Heat beat the Pistons. They were going to beat them this year with a broken Shaq until Wade gets those ribs hurt.

Pistons < Spurs
07-11-2005, 01:50 PM
I sooooooooooo want a rematch of this years finals. Hopefully both teams will make it possible.

And if they do face off in the Finals.......Pistons in 7!!! :fro

constantstate
07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I sooooooooooo want a rematch of this years finals. Hopefully both teams will make it possible.

6 normal finals games and then:
A Five Way Double Elimination Steel Cage Match for the belts!

(where are those belts anyway?)

Pistons < Spurs
07-11-2005, 02:07 PM

I beleive they are being melted down so that they can be turned into the largest WORLD CHAMPION hood ornaments for their SUV's !!!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 02:12 PM
dude the pistons are younger than the spurs......

Jdspur20
07-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I've been watching the N.B.A. Who do you see on the Detroit Pistons that is going to get better? Every last one of them are in their primes or heading past their primes. If they lose Brown, which is what I am counting on here, who will keep that team of Naughty-heads together. Oh yeah like Flip Saunders can keep Rasheed under wraps. Lets fill a void of a Hall of Fame coach with a guy whos greatest achievement was beating a crappy Sacramento squad to make it to the Western Finals only to get run out of the gym by the Lakers. So where have I been is watching what is transpiring to that team. Where have you been to not see the Pistons struggle against the Pacers the last two seasons, and with Artest coming back and the addition of Granger, they will be a hell of a lot better than last year. That is who I am predicting to knock the Pistons off is the Pacers. If not the Pacers then hell yes the Heat beat the Pistons. They were going to beat them this year with a broken Shaq until Wade gets those ribs hurt.

so you call the pistons a naughty-heads team and not the pacers??? :rolleyes. they are a great basketball "team". i give them alot of respect and for the next couple of years, they should never be written off. i would like to see coach carslile keep that head case pacer team together.

pache100
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM

I heard they had them melted down to make fishing lures.

SpursChampsIII
07-11-2005, 02:46 PM

West
Suns v. Spurs - Spurs

East
Heat v. Pacers - Heat

Finals
Heat v. Spurs - Heat

I don't necessarily disagree with the Heat being in the finals, but the Pistons are definitely going to be tough to just toss aside. Pacers have too many hot heads...they are talented allright, but it takes more than raw talent to get there. If the Spurs make it to the finals, it WILL be a repeat! Don't discount the Rockets too quickly...I predict either they or the Suns will face the Spurs in the WCF next year.

Joesteds
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Trust me I would love to see the Rockets make it to the WCF next year, but realistically I see them having the same problems as last year with not enough athleticism to match up with the Suns or maybe even the Nuggets, if they can play together. I think they will be better than the Mavs next year and they could present the Spurs a tough challenge as they did in the regular season this year. Neither team really has an answer for one anothers superstar. Rockets have no one that can guard Duncan, except Yao who wouldnt guard him. Spurs, although most Sours fans believe Bowen could do the job, could not stop T-Mac.

Sense
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM

lol look at your name and then do another prediction.

1Parker1
07-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Not quite good enough. :lol

shhh....Pooh is going to hunt you down :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Shaq is going to decline faster than Wade develops, but the ECF is still a crap shoot IMO. Indy will likely be healthy and better with Artest, Detroit still has its core but I really don't know who they are going to hire to replace LB who wouldn't be a significant downgrade. Throw into the mix that Cleveland is working hard to get Lebron some worthwhile playmates, and if the Nets can land SAR and miraculously stay healthy they could even contend.

But barring any injury bugs biting the wrong Spurs too hard, I think it's very reasonable to look for a Spurs repeat.

kskonn
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Trust me I would love to see the Rockets make it to the WCF next year, but realistically I see them having the same problems as last year with not enough athleticism to match up with the Suns or maybe even the Nuggets, if they can play together. I think they will be better than the Mavs next year and they could present the Spurs a tough challenge as they did in the regular season this year. Neither team really has an answer for one anothers superstar. Rockets have no one that can guard Duncan, except Yao who wouldnt guard him. Spurs, although most Sours fans believe Bowen could do the job, could not stop T-Mac.

I agree T-Mac is who I think Bowen has the most problems against. He is fast and tall enough to shoot over bowen. If he is making his shots it is tough, if not impossible, to stop him. However Yao needs to man up, he got pushed around by Rasho last year in the game that duncan did not play in, If I were a rockets fan that would be unexcusable.

I feel that parker and Ginobli are two huge mismatches for the rockets. they need a point guard.

Johnny Tightlips
07-11-2005, 06:34 PM