PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: sons why are the officials so hell bent on helping the Spurs win?

BRHornet45
05-16-2013, 11:53 PM
seriously its obvious that these two teams are pretty evenly matched with the Warriors having a slight edge. however the Spurs have received an insane amount of help from the officials this entire series. more so than teams like the Heat and the Knicks have received.

real talk is the owner of the Warriors in bad with Stern or other NBA executives? this series has been terribly lopsided with officiating.

Spurs9
05-16-2013, 11:54 PM
You mean warriors? They have gotten all the bullshit fouls this q

jeebus
05-16-2013, 11:58 PM
I can imagine BR screaming at his tv "ref y:cryu suck!" with the crowd

BRHornet45
05-16-2013, 11:59 PM
yea kinda like that bullshit, phantom call before the Landry dunk?

anyone with a brain can see this series has been called in the Spurs favor. hopefully that changes in the final minutes and the refs get emotionally distracted by the home crowd.

Spurs9
05-16-2013, 11:59 PM
I can imagine BR screaming at his tv "ref y:cryu suck!" with the crowd

He's probably on stubhub getting ideas for his next thread tbh :cry

lefty
05-17-2013, 12:02 AM
http://blog4dat.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/new-orleans-pelicans.png?w=520

jeebus
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
http://blog4dat.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/new-orleans-pelicans.png?w=520

fuck you lefty, I won't go in there

LarryDavid
05-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Why is water wet? Why is grass green? Why is the sky blue? Why is NOLA a shit hole city? Somethings just are.

td4mvp2k
05-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Spurs :lobt2:

Reck
05-17-2013, 12:12 AM
LOL BR obviously watched like 10 seconds of the game.

If you watched the first two quarters than you'd know how the refs were giving the Warriors blatant as fuck calls.

Spurs just were the better team. Period.

:lol @ anyone who thought they had some type of shot.

Joyrider
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Ever heard of an illegal screen, BR?

unforeseen
05-17-2013, 12:16 AM
The refs tried to bring back the Warriors but the Spurs hit a few clutch 3s in the fourth quarter.

Kidd K
05-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Yeah, with the first two fouls against the Spurs in the 4th being phantom fouls, and the refs calling fouls against the Spurs 80% of the time the Warriors got the ball under the basket and just 20% of the time the Spurs did, it makes sense to think the exact opposite of what you did OP.

Latarian Milton
05-17-2013, 12:32 AM
because they can't wait to let the spurs - grizzlies series take place?

SpursIndonesia
05-17-2013, 12:34 AM
why are you crying alongside the Dubs, OP ? Kinda disappointing, IMHO.

ElNono
05-17-2013, 12:34 AM
with the economy tanking, cheap tickets is where it's at, tbh...

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 12:37 AM
1/10, GSW got some ridiculous calls tonight

KaiRMD1
05-17-2013, 12:37 AM
BR with the usual bashing of teams more successful than his pelicans (that's a lot of teams mind you)

Reck
05-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Yeah, with the first two fouls against the Spurs in the 4th being phantom fouls, and the refs calling fouls against the Spurs 80% of the time the Warriors got the ball under the basket and just 20% of the time the Spurs did, it makes sense to think the exact opposite of what you did OP.

Like I said, ol' BRPelican probably only saw one bad call by the refs and automatically thought it applied for the whole game/series.

His Spurs hate knows no bounds. Its sad.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 12:51 AM
warriors had gotten alot of bullshit calls when the spurs were trying to a make a run to extend the lead....

spurs played smart not in the penalty for most quarters to send these idiots to the ft line...while on the other end, the warriors couldnt do shit to the spurs

TVI
05-17-2013, 07:14 AM
seriously its obvious that these two teams are pretty evenly matched with the Warriors having a slight edge. however the Spurs have received an insane amount of help from the officials this entire series. more so than teams like the Heat and the Knicks have received.
0/10.

The Reckoning
05-17-2013, 07:32 AM
yeah moving screens, crab dribbling and body fouls.

DAF86
05-17-2013, 08:28 AM
'Cause we bring those ratings up, son.

spursfan09
05-17-2013, 10:40 AM
There's money to be made!

hooperflash
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
It made up for all the missed calls on illegal screens..

AaronY
05-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Because Stern loves the Spurs so much http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--david-stern-stumbles-again-in-his-failed-culture-war-against-the-spurs-194828970.html

DMC
05-17-2013, 05:22 PM
What is you, a Pelican or a Pelican't?

DarrinS
05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Because Stern wants small market teams in the finals.

DMC
05-17-2013, 05:25 PM
1/10, GSW got some ridiculous calls tonight

I almost never comment about officiating but a few calls on post plays were just strange as fuck. That one on Kawhi was weird, normal post defense, suddenly it's a foul. Same with that Neal foul call on Jack on the jump shot, Neal never touched him.

I don't see the point in the conspiracy thing, and the game happens faster than the replays we see, but some of these are no brainers, just like that out of bounds off Leonard that they spent 10 minutes reviewing which gave GS time to set up an inbounds play.

It makes no sense.

DMC
05-17-2013, 05:28 PM

real talk is the owner of the Warriors in bad with Stern or other NBA executives? this series has been terribly lopsided with officiating.

All of these games are horribly officiated. The refs are old as fuck. Fans only watch one end and think calls that benefit their team are all good calls, but the truth is the game is just officiated really really shitty. They miss half the calls and miss call about half the ones they do call. Players travel on damn near every possession, I watched Chandler Parsons move both feet for 8 seconds right in front of a ref and nothing was ever called (yes he had the ball and wasn't dribbling).

Funny they can see a touch foul across the court but cannot see a travel right in front of them.

I think the lurching back of the head should be an automatic no call unless the player is hit from behind. No frontal contact causes that except to the face or head area, certainly not the body blocks on moving screens. You flop, no reward even if you're fouled.

They need to stop rewarding players who come to abrupt stops just to draw a charge. That's a bullshit tactic that does nothing for the flow of the game. It's true on inbounds plays, CP3 does it a lot by getting ahead of a defender then stopping and letting the guy run over him.

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I almost never comment about officiating but a few calls on post plays were just strange as fuck. That one on Kawhi was weird, normal post defense, suddenly it's a foul. Same with that Neal foul call on Jack on the jump shot, Neal never touched him.

I don't see the point in the conspiracy thing, and the game happens faster than the replays we see, but some of these are no brainers, just like that out of bounds off Leonard that they spent 10 minutes reviewing which gave GS time to set up an inbounds play.

It makes no sense.
Jack stepped out of bounds= 2 freebies
Diaw took 2 steps and was fouled= travel
Curry took 5 steps= all good

DMC
05-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Jack stepped out of bounds= 2 freebies
Diaw took 2 steps and was fouled= travel
Curry took 5 steps= all good

I watched Tony take 3 steps before his layup attempts several times.

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I watched Tony take 3 steps before his layup attempts several times.
:nopeTony missed everything but a jumper/2 3s...

DMC
05-17-2013, 07:41 PM
:nopeTony missed everything but a jumper/2 3s...

That's why I said "attempts".

He missed several layups, and he traveled in the process.

LkrFan
05-17-2013, 08:06 PM
with the economy tanking, cheap tickets is where it's at, tbh...
Co-sign son tbh. There are still great $33 playoff tix (http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/san-antonio-spurs-tickets.aspx) at AT&T Center. I wish I was stationed back stateside so I can be there in person to watch Memphis push det shit in. This series be so intense, it will have a sponsor:

http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Screen-shot-2011-02-02-at-1.15.28-PM.png:lol

baseline bum
05-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Son, remember back in '05 when you had a Riverwalk too?

Biggems
05-17-2013, 08:44 PM

no worries my good man, the pelicans will get to fly soon enough.....just sit back and watch some real basketball while you are waiting.

Biggems
05-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Son, remember back in '05 when you had a Riverwalk too?

I almost fell out of my chair on this one.....damn im choking over here I am laughing so hard