PDA

View Full Version : Defensive matchups

KL2
05-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Who guards who?

I can definitely see Green guarding Conley, while they hide TP on Pondexter/Allen. I'd like to see Kawhi on Arthur since he kills us, Prince isn't an offensive threat either so maybe Manu can guard him when we go small?

TE
05-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Since we all know Neal is bound to get minutes...are you all confident with putting him on Pondexter or Bayless...I'm indifferent to this atm

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Just play the regular matchups and don't double.

KL2
05-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Since we all know Neal is bound to get minutes...are you all confident with putting him on Pondexter or Bayless...I'm indifferent to this atm

Shit I forgot about him, even if he can defend him he can't rebound to save his life, we'll need all the rebounds we can get our hands on against Memphis. Their wings are terrible offensively though so I'm not that worried.

spurraider21
05-17-2013, 02:38 AM
Parker should stay on Conley. Parker is solid defensively, its just that Curry has been white hot and was shooting over the top of him. Conley isn't a threat to do that.

Nathan89
05-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Green-on-Conley
Parker-on-Allen
Kawhi-on-Prince
Splitter-on-Zbo
Duncan-on-Marc

TE
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
The Grizzlies like to go small with Conley and Bayless. If that happens I'd give CoJo a shot at guarding Mike Conley while hiding Parker on Bayless.

DAF86
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
On the perimeter is pretty clear, tbh. Tony on Allen, Green on Conley and KL on Prince.

On the front-court I don't know. I don't quite how we guarded them on the regular season, can somebody tell me how the mutchups were and how they went.

DesignatedT
05-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Green on Conley/Bayless, Leonard on Pondexter/Prince, Parker on Allen.

TE
05-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Green on Conley/Bayless, Leonard on Pondexter/Prince, Parker on Allen.

This is also good too

Richie
05-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Parker needs to be able to defend Conley. This will mean we have players with length (Green and Leonard) able to double the Memphis bigs off of poor shooters like Allen and Prince.

If either Green or Leonard defend Conley it means Parker will have to be the double man in the post and that won't bother ZBo or Gasol as much as Green or Leonard would.

mudyez
05-17-2013, 04:47 AM
i hate bonner as much as the next guy, but i see this being his series when used "sparingly". i wouldn't mind seeing him take z-bo. hell get his points no matter who guards him.

I see Pop going with the "spread it out on offense and hope Bonner(+Diaw) can bother ZBo a little bit" aproach and I actually like it.
If game1 indicates that Bonner has no chance he should adjust rather early than to late (like last year), but I'd give it a shot especially at home.

The rotation should be:

Timmy/Splitter/2minutes of Baynes (on Gasol)
Diaw/Bonner (on ZBo)
Tony/Neal (on Allen/Pondexter)
Green/CoJo (on Conley/Bayless)
Leonard/TMac (on Arthur or whatever is left)

Test ZBo!
Don't double except from Allen!

DAF86
05-17-2013, 04:51 AM
I see Pop going with the "spread it out on offense and hope Bonner(+Diaw) can bother ZBo a little bit" aproach and I actually like it.
If game1 indicates that Bonner has no chance he should adjust rather early than to late (like last year), but I'd give it a shot especially at home.

The rotation should be:

Timmy/Splitter/2minutes of Baynes (on Gasol)
Diaw/Bonner (on ZBo)
Tony/Neal (on Allen/Pondexter)
Green/CoJo (on Conley/Bayless)
Leonard/TMac (on Arthur or whatever is left)

Test ZBo!
Don't double except from Allen!

So Manu and Prince don't play in this series, odd.

mudyez
05-17-2013, 05:10 AM
So Manu and Prince don't play in this series, odd.

...both are in the Leonard group

DAF86
05-17-2013, 05:17 AM
...both are in the Leonard group

Ok, so why would you put T-Mac in there instead of Manu and Arthur instead of Prince? -_-