PDA

View Full Version : Why was Parker yelling at Danny Green?

ivanfromwestwood
05-17-2013, 04:34 AM
I also saw what looked like he was pissed at Bonner a few plays later. was it missed defensive rotations he was pissed about?

chapnis
05-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Clearly Bonner and Greens fault he couldn't make a shot.

DAF86
05-17-2013, 05:26 AM
They were suppossed to jump/switch on Curry.

ducks
05-17-2013, 09:57 AM
spurs were trying to run curry off the three
they wanted gs to make twos onloy they did not think they could make enough 2 to win
was nice to see someone on th eteam be vocal
duncan ususally is quiet

LoneStarState'sPride
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Was glad to see Parker holding fools accountable.

moisaenz
05-17-2013, 10:32 AM
He yelled at green cause green was playing better than him.

Poolboy5623
05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
The spurs were set on what they were going to do last night....play defense. It seemed like they knew their o would he fine, but they were focused on not giving them any open looks. I felt better after seeing tony fired up. .. I knew they were out to finish them off.

ironman2886
05-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Green was late on the switch and close out. I havent seen Parker that livid with a teammate.

spursfan09
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Had to be about that 3 that Curry hit right before the stop in play.

lovetp9
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa 真的

Poolboy5623
05-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Green was late on the switch and close out. I havent seen Parker that livid with a teammate.

If you actually watch the play though...green was stuck between a rock and a hard place....leave Barnes alone for an easy basket or leave him o go out and contest curry...what I made of it and saw green explaining this to tony, but tp was basically like "I don't care about Barnes," as it gave curry an open look. Basically, if curry, jack, or klay got any open looks, someone was gonna get an ass chewing.

Splits
05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
When I saw the play live I thought it was TPs fault for going under the screen, but rewatching it's obvious that Green should have switched it and been up in Curry's face instead of lagging off.

ironman2886
05-17-2013, 10:58 AM
If you actually watch the play though...green was stuck between a rock and a hard place....leave Barnes alone for an easy basket or leave him o go out and contest curry...what I made of it and saw green explaining this to tony, but tp was basically like "I don't care about Barnes," as it gave curry an open look. Basically, if curry, jack, or klay got any open looks, someone was gonna get an ass chewing.

I just saw the play again. Green helped out on Klay at the basket(Kawhi was getting beat). When Green caught up to the switch of Barnes and Curry, he was too late. Curry had a good shot at the three point line.

Gervin44Silas13
05-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Its about time someone got into someones faces... Clearly Pop made the adjustments play hard D make them beat you on the perimiter... contest the shot and be physical!!!!

BWS-1994
05-17-2013, 11:29 AM
This was from the first quarter? As others have said, Green was late on the switch resulting in a 3 for Curry...

TrainOfThought5
05-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Was glad to see Parker holding fools accountable.

waisman
05-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Bad DF is TP ...

Kidd K
05-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Clearly Bonner and Greens fault he couldn't make a shot.

No. This happened really early in the game before Parker missed very many shots. So it obviously has nothing to do with it.

Poolboy5623
05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
I just saw the play again. Green helped out on Klay at the basket(Kawhi was getting beat). When Green caught up to the switch of Barnes and Curry, he was too late. Curry had a good shot at the three point line.

Your right..my bad..it was klay that he had to defend, not Barnes...tough spot for Danny but with the way Thompson was shooting, I think tonys pt was valid...

Poolboy5623
05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
No. This happened really early in the game before Parker missed very many shots. So it obviously has nothing to do with it.

It happened really early..I wanna say the spurs were up 7-4 and the three, tied the game at 7...but that's what I liked most about it. Showed the spurs were taking the game seriously...green can handle it. He responded.

barakz21
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
It was about Green being late on covering Curry coming off a pick which resulted in a 3..... It's actually nice seeing TP be more vocal. Dude's gone a long way from being the wide eyed teenager who was Pop's personal whipping boy. I remember the early 2000s like it was yesterday, TD would always give TP a pep talk when he did wrong and a tap on the head/butt if he did good. TP's being more of a leader now imho

Kidd K
05-17-2013, 07:03 PM
It happened really early..I wanna say the spurs were up 7-4 and the three, tied the game at 7...but that's what I liked most about it. Showed the spurs were taking the game seriously...green can handle it. He responded.

Yep, Green has been beasting that shit all series. Dude manned up bigtime this postseason.

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Loved seeing that...

Mugen
05-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Good stuff from TP and even better to see Danny respond well to that.

ivanfromwestwood
05-17-2013, 08:44 PM
what about Bonner? saw him pop and tp having some words during a timeout.

lefty
05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Can we see a clip of that sequence to see if TP was right ?

lovetp9
05-17-2013, 11:12 PM
http://i.minus.com/i8Bc8JEGZUjOF.gif

this??

TheGoldStandard
05-17-2013, 11:16 PM
TP9 showing some leadership. Gotta be vocal!

SayTown
05-18-2013, 03:59 AM
He was telling Green he didn't care if another player had a wide open dunk, never leave curry open

hyhy
05-18-2013, 11:31 AM
what about Bonner? saw him pop and tp having some words during a timeout.

For green its switching problems. For bonner, Bonner expected Tony to ICE, but Tony expected Bonner to hedge, so Bonner was in the wrong position to close out.

hooperflash
05-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Hell of a leader, good job TP!

Budkin
05-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I loved seeing that. You gotta ripped if you fuck up like that.

blkroadrunners
05-18-2013, 04:13 PM
hmEFxL0k66k

From viewing the clip, it looks like Klay beat Kawhi from the pick by Barnes. Green picked up Thompson just enough for Kawhi to recover, but at the same time Barnes set a screen for Curry which lead to a Curry three. I don't think it was Green's fault, but at the same time Green could have relied on Duncan to protect the paint.

DMC
05-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Pop makes a plan and yells at Tony to get it done. Players like Green cannot decide to just alter it on the fly because they see something else. It's not intuitive, but it works. Parker is the leader out there, he has to show that leadership in key moments. That will keep Pop from jumping Green and Tony's asses.

DMC
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
For green its switching problems. For bonner, Bonner expected Tony to ICE, but Tony expected Bonner to hedge, so Bonner was in the wrong position to close out.

It's pointless to yell at Bonner. He's one of the worst defenders in the league, Pop knows it but he's in there to "spread the floor". Expecting him to defend properly is asking too much. Yelling at him for not doing so basically shits on any chances you have that he'll actually make or even take an open shot if he gets one. Any pressure on him turns him to jelly.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
I loved seeing Parker ripping him a new one. We need the in your face leadership, accountability. We need this from everyone. Even if Green were yelling at Parker, or Leonard giving Manu an earful. Everyone needs to be held accountable. I loved the fire.

hyhy
05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
It's pointless to yell at Bonner. He's one of the worst defenders in the league, Pop knows it but he's in there to "spread the floor". Expecting him to defend properly is asking too much. Yelling at him for not doing so basically shits on any chances you have that he'll actually make or even take an open shot if he gets one. Any pressure on him turns him to jelly.

tbh, it was TP's fault that possession. They have been playing ICE the whole game and tony didnt force curry to his right for that possession. Bonner was doing the right thing.

pikkiwoki
05-19-2013, 12:51 AM
hmEFxL0k66k

From viewing the clip, it looks like Klay beat Kawhi from the pick by Barnes. Green picked up Thompson just enough for Kawhi to recover, but at the same time Barnes set a screen for Curry which lead to a Curry three. I don't think it was Green's fault, but at the same time Green could have relied on Duncan to protect the paint.

From the video it looks like it was Tony's fault. When Curry picks up his dribble and passes off to Barnes, Tony relaxes for a second, and as Curry cuts towards Barnes to receive the handoff, Tony just stands there flat footed. Green was busy covering for Kawhi, so he wasn't at fault. Tony just let his guard down for a split second and got burned.

lefty
05-19-2013, 01:29 AM
hmEFxL0k66k

So basically faggot TP refuses to take responsibility and yells at a younger player

"leader" :lol

YoMamaIsCallin
05-19-2013, 06:07 AM
I also saw what looked like he was pissed at Bonner a few plays later. was it missed defensive rotations he was pissed about?

They weren't following the scheme on playing screens with Curry. It wasn't about "being late". It was about not doing what they were supposed to do. A mental mistake.

GSH
05-19-2013, 10:05 AM
From the video it looks like it was Tony's fault. When Curry picks up his dribble and passes off to Barnes, Tony relaxes for a second, and as Curry cuts towards Barnes to receive the handoff, Tony just stands there flat footed. Green was busy covering for Kawhi, so he wasn't at fault. Tony just let his guard down for a split second and got burned.

Yep. It's never popular with the people who believe that Tony (or Manu, or Tim) are incapable of making a mistake. But Tony just gets caught in no-man's land. I don't know what the hell he was doing, but he just stopped and watched Curry run towards Barnes for a screen. If you're trying to run a guy off the 3P line, that's not the way to do it. That play was designed to go to Thompson. They ran two screens at Kawhi (Bogut leans into him first, then Barnes), and Thompson came completely clear. If Green hadn't helped it was a near-cinch two points for GS. Anybody who was watching that game should remember the trouble Duncan was having. Thompson would likely have blown past for a layup, but could have pulled up for a short jumper.

Normally you think of guys switching because of a pick. Parker just lost his man. The separation didn't have anything to do with a pick. Tony was so far behind that he didn't even reach the pick man until curry was raising up to shoot. He got caught flat-footed, and turned to yell at the young guy. Green, to his credit, took it like a man and moved on. If yelling=leadership, then Tony came up big on that play. But his defense was shit.

dbestpro
05-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Green forgot the pregame Krispy Cremes.

spursfan09
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't think tp would yell at a player for his own mistake. Get some common sense people. He hardly goes off on a player like that. If it was his mistake I'm sure pop would have let him have it.

wtgspurs
05-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Why are people talking about Bonner? He wasn't even on the floor.