PDA

View Full Version : Hack-a-Bear

mudyez
05-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Just wondering:

Do you think Memphis is good enough offensively that Hack-a-Nyone will even be a factor?

Is there anyone to foul? Hack-A-llen may be the closest thing, but even he probably will negate it.

Will they Hack-a-Spur?

mudyez
05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
for our german posters:
http://www.wikkedsoundz.de/img/hackepeter_front.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Why bother? The Grizzlies' offense isn't going to generate that much offense per possession, and putting them in the bonus early is retarded. They don't have an offensive rhythm to disrupt because they aren't a run and gun, jack it up team. And hacking a backup just prompts the coach to put their good players back in the game. If you thought they were going to wear down that might be a good strategy, but it isn't because they won't.

That said, I expect Pop to do it at some point because it's one of those tricks that makes him feel like he's contributing as a coach.

DesignatedT
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Tony Allen is a career 75% free throw shooter.

EVAY
05-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Isn't Gasol a good free throw shooter? I don't know about Randolph's free thow shooting.

Pretty soon guys are going to start hacking Spurs if we don't improve our free throw shooting.

mudyez
05-17-2013, 03:02 PM
I think you got me wrong.
I'm also thinking, that it doesn't make a lot of sense (because of the mentioned things like "no offensive rythm anyway" and "no important bad FT-shooters").
Just wanted to hear your opinion.

But they might hack us, if we don't improve our FT shooting.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, that won't be necessary. They're not nearly as capable of scoring as GS was. They don't have any terrible free throw shooters anyway.