PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph can be nasty

Embedded
05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Did you see him in their Clippers series? Once he grabbed Blake Griffin's throat when they were wrestling on the ground, another time they were on the ground and he attempted to hit Blake Griffin in the mouth with his forearm. Dude has serious anger management issues. Now, I don't think he would try that crap with Mr. Duncan, because if he does, I'll get all up in his ass. Well, ok, maybe I won't, but he'd better not do that, I was surprised the Clipper's head coach, etc. wasn't pressing it more, he should have been suspended for that throat grab. I think he respects Tim Duncan too much to do that to him, and I doubt Mr. Splitter would get that physical. But when battling Randolph, he will go thug so we have to execute, we're not going to out physical that guy.

EVAY
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Zach Randolph IS nasty, and my main concern about this upcoming series has been less a matter of whether or not we can win, but whether or not our guys can survive the beating they are going to take from the Grizz. And based on the calls in the last series, refs aren't going to call anything on them. Remember the neck take-down on Ginobili last night? That's going to look tame compared to what the Grizz are going to get away with.

hater
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
disagree completely

Randolph is pure class. Yeah he's physical, but he's old school.

the great thing about Spurs vs. Grizz is that I'll be happy with either one going to the Finals. Both teams are pure class (except for Tony Allen)

tlongII
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Z-Bo is a bad mofo. Remember, this is the guy the broke his teammate's jaw in practice once.

Spur|n|Austin
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Fairly classy, I've never seen him play dirty. Nasty? Sure, who doesn't want more nasty? But Dirty? Nahhh

Sean Cagney
05-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Fairly classy, I've never seen him play dirty. Nasty? Sure, who doesn't want more nasty? But Dirty? Nahhh

I agree with this here.

biskvito
05-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Splitter is not afraid of anything but foul trouble. If he feels the refs are letting him play D he will as he did before injury. Seems like Splitter never had that great defensive game against Memphis bigs, or I'm the only who remembers that.

ironman2886
05-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Splitter's length and quick feet will bother Zbo a bit. If Splitter doesn't box out and plays soft, Zbo will get easy layups, offensive rebounds, and freethrows the whole series. Zbo played against a soft post player in Griffin(bad defender also,) and then an athletic shotblocker, but awful post player(Ibaka). Ibaka cant box out or defend a talent post player. I think fans are going to be pleasantly surprised with our frontcourt this series.

Baseline
05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Blair needs 6-8 minutes a game to aggravate and beat up on ZBo.

And we need to go at whoever ZBo is guarding. If Duncan is out high with Gasol on him, leaving ZBo to guard the rim...then go at ZBo.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Griffin's a good player, but he's a flopper and a flailer, and being on a team with the king of floppers and flailers doesn't help him. Credit to Z-Bo for giving as good as he got in that series, but I don't think he was interested in making that a wrestling match until Blake did.

Tony Allen, on the other hand...

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Splitter is not afraid of anything but foul trouble. If he feels the refs are letting him play D he will as he did before injury. Seems like Splitter never had that great defensive game against Memphis bigs, or I'm the only who remembers that.
Last game we played without Timmy, Splitter had a double double and held M.Gasol to 3 buckets

SupremeGuy
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
That's fine if he does start to play rough put Baynes on him. Say what you will about Baynes but he will get in there and mix it up and play rough to. We seen him do it with Howard.Fixed.

Rummpd
05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Agree = Put a big Aussie in there for 10 minutes issue is resolved and move on.

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Love Randolph as a player and person, and he's likely going to dick down the Spurs bigs, unfortunately...

BackHome
05-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I am so looking for to see how Bayes can play against this guy....I am not talking heavy minutes but at least five to ten minutes depending on how he is playing. Zach is going to put a hurt on Bonner and Splitter he plays old style no flopping take it on the chin and keep going. So Splitter and Bonner better get their big boy panties on or we going to have a short series.

GSH
05-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Did you see him in their Clippers series? Once he grabbed Blake Griffin's throat when they were wrestling on the ground, another time they were on the ground and he attempted to hit Blake Griffin in the mouth with his forearm. Dude has serious anger management issues. Now, I don't think he would try that crap with Mr. Duncan, because if he does, I'll get all up in his ass. Well, ok, maybe I won't, but he'd better not do that, I was surprised the Clipper's head coach, etc. wasn't pressing it more, he should have been suspended for that throat grab. I think he respects Tim Duncan too much to do that to him, and I doubt Mr. Splitter would get that physical. But when battling Randolph, he will go thug so we have to execute, we're not going to out physical that guy.

There are dirty players in the league, but Randolph isn't one of them. He's big and strong, and plays hard, but not dirty. I loved the play where he and Griffin wound up on the ground. Griffin asked for it. And about 3 seconds after they went to the ground, Blakey looked like he wanted his mommy. There was no doubt in anybody's mind about which one was the alpha dog.

TampaDude
05-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah...those were 2 very nasty points that Z-Bo put up today. :lol

GrandeDavid
05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Z-Bo is a bad mofo. Remember, this is the guy the broke his teammate's jaw in practice once.

Is there anything sadder than a Portland fan with nearly 25K posts in a Spurs fan forum? lol