PDA

View Full Version : Any Auto insurance gurus?

Big Empty
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Yea i got myself into a bind here. I recently bought a new truck and a few weeks later got into a minor accident with a trash can. So my dumb ass put a claim on it. but i had a minor claim 2 years ago and a speeding ticket a year ago. In 10 years ive only had two claims where the insurance company paid about 4000 total for all my claims. But they are discontinuing my insurace and the qoutes im getting are 200.00 more than what im currently paying!! I guess all they care about are the number of claims not the dollar amount. So anyone know of a good cheap insurance company that isnt a scam? thanks

FL0
05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I can show you. PM ME!

Twisted_Dawg
05-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I sell it and you are fucked. Moral of the story: don't report real minor claims. PM if you want me to look for a cheaper rate.

Wild Cobra
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Wow...

You put in a claim for a garbage can jumping out in from of you?

Your own fault. They see two accidents in the three year window. Not much you can do about it. It's not the severity of the accident so much as they are afraid your third accident will cost them big bux...

Wild Cobra
05-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Yea i got myself into a bind here. I recently bought a new truck and a few weeks later got into a minor accident with a trash can. So my dumb ass put a claim on it. but i had a minor claim 2 years ago and a speeding ticket a year ago. In 10 years ive only had two claims where the insurance company paid about 4000 total for all my claims. But they are discontinuing my insurace and the qoutes im getting are 200.00 more than what im currently paying!! I guess all they care about are the number of claims not the dollar amount. So anyone know of a good cheap insurance company that isnt a scam? thanks
OK...

You cost them $2000/year, and you're looking not to pay more?

In my almost 40 years of driven, I haven't cost insurance companies a single dime. It is people like you, who make my rates so high, so don't ask for sympathy from me.

Big Empty
05-18-2013, 12:23 AM
OK...

You cost them $2000/year, and you're looking not to pay more?

In my almost 40 years of driven, I haven't cost insurance companies a single dime. It is people like you, who make my rates so high, so don't ask for sympathy from me.
Actually in the 11 years ive been with them ive paid them close to 13000 and theyve paid back 4. 11 years, two tiny claims. And a speeding ticket that shouldnt be on my record come to find out. Ur rates are probably high due to inflation, or corporate greed. But for me its live and learn. I shoulda just paid out of pocket. And i did ask the agent how it would impact me before i went through with the claim. She couldnt answer that. Geico gave me a good rate. 100 more a month than what i currently pay. What i should do is total my truck and give them a better reason to drop me.

Big Empty
05-18-2013, 12:24 AM
I have till 7/22 to fuck statefarm over

Wild Cobra
05-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Actually in the 11 years ive been with them ive paid them close to 13000 and theyve paid back 4.
So?

Insurance companies cannot survive without profit, and it only takes one good accident to cost them in excess of $50k. Having two claims already put you in a bigger risk catagory for a large claim.

Anytime you do anything collective, the problem makes like you get off easy and the good ones like me help pay for your accidents. Insurance ends up being another redistribution of wealth.

Here's an idea...

Most states allow you to post about a $50,000 bond, for self insurance. then you don't have to pay them.

Wild Cobra
05-18-2013, 01:04 AM
I have till 7/22 to fuck statefarm over
I'll remember that you just pronounced yourself as an unethical shithead.

Big Empty
05-18-2013, 03:57 AM
So?

Insurance companies cannot survive without profit, and it only takes one good accident to cost them in excess of $50k. Having two claims already put you in a bigger risk catagory for a large claim.

Anytime you do anything collective, the problem makes like you get off easy and the good ones like me help pay for your accidents. Insurance ends up being another redistribution of wealth.

Here's an idea...

Most states allow you to post about a $50,000 bond, for self insurance. then you don't have to pay them.lol it was a joke. Im not going to make matters worse and destroy my truck.No i came on here knowing i fucked up. Fact is they did make a profit off of me. Like i said, lesson learned. I will pay a high insurance bill for about 3 years. Noone owes me anything.you mean to tell me you dont use your health insurance either? Uve been goin to the doctor, dentist & eye doctor all these years and paying full price despite having health insurance? Idk just seems odd. I could care less if a company makes a profit or not. But i do understand, thats what they are there for. To make money. They could care less about me. I just figured shit, ive benn paying insurance for 8 years let me use it since i dinged my truck up. Wild cobra, calm ur crazy ass down and get some wild zebra in ur life lol im just a squirel trying to get a nut not fuck anyone over

FuzzyLumpkins
05-18-2013, 05:04 AM
What coverages went up?

If you were deemed at fault for those accidents then your liability would have been placed in a different risk category and you're probably fucked. Hate to say it but it is what it is.

And ignore WC, he is going to fellate his corporate overlords no matter what. Having seen underwriting and claims handling practices first hand treat them just like you would treat anyone that cheats and plays underhandedly. Fraud will land your ass in jail though.