PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Blackistone:"Spurs have not improved since 2011; Memphis has"on Around The Horn

mute
05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Kevin Blackistone said on Around the Horn that he's picking Memphis over the Spurs because "we already saw this series back in 2011" and that "the Spurs haven't gotten better, but the Grizzlies have". Do you writers not give a shit anymore? You would think he'd have some pride in his work and do some actual research/journalism...

SpursRock20
05-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Um, Blackistone really? 60% of our starting line-up is different.

He just lost all credibility.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I like KB, but that's just ignorant. Spoken like a Mav fan tbh.

Budkin
05-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Does this guy even watch the NBA?

barakz21
05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Either he hasn't seen the spurs play or he's pretty dumb. The mainstays of this year's team that was on that '11 team aside from the big3 are bonner, blair, green, neal, and splitter. Of those 5, only green and splitter see heavy minutes, add to that the fact that this year we got kawhi, diaw, tmac, ndc, mills and baynes. Our D has improved, and it helps to have a 3 man who actually produces on both sides.

TheCerebral1
05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
It's a very interesting series. It will be close and very highly contested. Marc Gasol is a key difference maker on defense does that mean that through ball movement with the heavy guard flow that San Antonio pocesses that we cannot break through. I highly doubt that. As recent as today via this site in the Splitter thread, he's feeling a lot better. He's a great off the ball defender and post stopper. I don't see where all this is coming from. Tony Allen cannot guard every jump shooting forward the Spurs have. If we shoot between 51-60% they should be in every game. The Spurs in 6.

Chinook
05-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Funny that the only change in Memphis is Shane Battier for Tayshaun Prince. If anything, you'd think they've gotten worse.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 04:35 PM
The color of his skin should shed light onto why he may think this; critical thinking is probably not a strength. Guy is lucky to have a job right now, tbh.

Clicked on "show post" just to check, and yep, glad I have you on ignore. :

ShoogarBear
05-17-2013, 04:45 PM
The color of his skin should shed light onto why he may think this; critical thinking is probably not a strength. Guy is lucky to have a job right now, tbh.

aaronstampler, is that you?

MinuteByMinuteSports
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Funny that the only change in Memphis is Shane Battier for Tayshaun Prince. If anything, you'd think they've gotten worse.

And Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo no longer with the team. Bench is inexperienced.

TheCerebral1
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM

You're forgetting Rudy Gay, but outside of that little to no change.

hater
05-17-2013, 04:52 PM
:lmao this guy should just kill himself

shedding Dick Jefferson and reducing Bonner's minutes to single digits alone makes Spurs much better.

peacemaker885
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Nothing new. We were discounted in the Lakers series, the GSW series and now with the Grizzlies. You guys should be used to this by now. This is the norm.

Whisky Dog
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Lulz Blackistone trolling y'all's asses for notoriety. Not even Memphis themselves are stupid enough to believe that although I really hope they do overlook the Spurs. Go ahead Grizzlies- watch ESPN 24 hours a day

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Why do you guys care what ESPN ever has to say. They cater to people who don't know the difference between the high-post and the short corner. People who think Kobe is a top-5 player all-time. They still use raw stats without context to judge how good a player is.
Their TrueHoop network is okay though.

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
1/10.
Bonner/RJ combined for 50+minutes/game

Homeland Security
05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Kevin Blackistone said on Around the Horn that he's picking Memphis over the Spurs because "we already saw this series back in 2011" and that "the Spurs haven't gotten better, but the Grizzlies have". Do you writers not give a shit anymore? You would think he'd have some pride in his work and do some actual research/journalism...
The other sports journalists who do their homework are on the East Coast, because the culture demands knowledge. Everywhere else, being a loudmouth is more important than knowing anything. And even the East Coast is not immune to this phenomenon; Exhibit A: Stephen A. Smith.

This is what Blackistone really meant:

I am so sick and fucking tired of the Spurs. Will they ever go away? Ever? Twenty-five years from now, will we be talking about how spry Tim Duncan looks at age 62 in our 2038 WCF preview? What the fuck? The Mavs rose after the Spurs did and have already collapsed, rebuilt, and collapsed again! It's been the same shit every year since Bill Clinton was fucking Monica Lewinski! I'm picking Memphis, Memphis has to win to stop this hemorrhaging of my soul, I don't really have a reason why, I don't care about having a reason why, let me just through this shit out there about 2011. I'm not going to analyze the matchup. Fuck the matchup. Fuck the Spurs.

EricB
05-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Lazy analysis is all that is. Not surprising though, he's been exposed in bad analysis opinions before.

Chinook
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM

I'm not forgetting Gay. He was injured for that series.

I did, however, forget Mayo. OJ is better than Bayless on offense, so I imagine their bench scoring is even worse.

emanueldavidginobili
05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Michael Smith knows his stuff, he said today on ATH that hes picking the spurs because the Clippers and Thunder are not even in the same league as the Spurs at execution and that Tiago is getting healthier and is the X factor in this series

boutons_deux
05-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Why do you guys care what ESPN ever has to say. .

countering such claims invites one to articulate counter-claims, which this thread has done, eg, Spurs HAVE gotten better with Kawhi, Splitter, Danny, Boris, Cory while dropping RG, less Bonner.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-17-2013, 05:39 PM
countering such claims invites one to articulate counter-claims, which this thread has done, eg, Spurs HAVE gotten better with Kawhi, Splitter, Danny, Boris, Cory while dropping RG, less Bonner.
But the original claim shouldn't be taken seriously; it doesn't deserve attention unless you want to get a good laugh.
If someone claimed that Tim Duncan never was as good as Blake Griffin is now, would you bother to come up with counterpoints, or would you just laugh and move on?

spurraider21
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
funny how a lot of fans and posters on this forum actually watch more basketball than these morons who are paid "analysts"

Spur|n|Austin
05-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I literally rolled around on the floor laughing at this.

Stop saying "we" when you talk about the Spurs, you're a Lakers fan brah

Man In Black
05-17-2013, 05:57 PM
funny how a lot of fans and posters on this forum actually watch more basketball than these morons who are paid "analysts"

The sucky thing is that those peeps actually get PAID for their contributions, while we freely share it here. UNREAL! The TV guys don't really know anything, it's the web and print guys that at least try to formulate a credible hypothesis.

TXstbobcat
05-17-2013, 05:58 PM
I think the development of Leonard is a huge upgrade at the small forward position that makes this spurs team better than the 2011 spurs team.

Trill Clinton
05-17-2013, 06:02 PM

:flipoff

:lol

Canibspur
05-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Nothing new. We were discounted in the Lakers series, the GSW series and now with the Grizzlies. You guys should be used to this by now. This is the norm.

Yep. Pretty much means it's our year.

05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
What? 2011 was still the HWSNBN era. The Spurs may be declining and playing soft but it's not even close to the HWSNBN times.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
LMFAO! Yeah we had Dyess at C then and no Kawhi! Green was not here either I believe? Totally different team. What an idiot. Last years team was light years ahead of 2011's team, this one might be a little better than last years team (Well maybe not but on par or near it). 2011 team a pure jump shooting team, Tim Duncan was all banged up and slow that year and looked near retirement! Manu had a broken arm. Yeah I see his point.

spursince#99
05-17-2013, 06:39 PM

see, I ought to beat your ass bruh but I highly doubt you'd say that in person so I'll let you slide

EricB
05-17-2013, 06:42 PM
What? 2011 was still the HWSNBN era. The Spurs may be declining and playing soft but it's not even close to the HWSNBN times.

Playing soft? On what planet do you live on?

rascal
05-17-2013, 07:10 PM

Gay did not play in 2011 playoffs.

rascal
05-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't think the Spurs are any better. Leonard is an upgrade but Manu is a downgrade. The Spurs still rely too much on Manu. Splitter is a bust. Memphis will control the boards. Memphis has grown as a team and are playing the best basketball of their season now. The Spurs lucked out with the lakers injured and GS a fluke shooting perimeter team that went south after Curry rolled his ankle and still pushed the Spurs to 6 games .

timtonymanu
05-17-2013, 07:18 PM
LMFAO! Yeah we had Dyess at C then and no Kawhi! Green was not here either I believe? Totally different team. What an idiot. Last years team was light years ahead of 2011's team, this one might be a little better than last years team (Well maybe not but on par or near it). 2011 team a pure jump shooting team, Tim Duncan was all banged up and slow that year and looked near retirement! Manu had a broken arm. Yeah I see his point.

Danny Green was on the 2011 roster but this was when he was the 14th man and where his competition on the roster was Da'Sean Butler.

IIRC, I think Pop started going to Danny Green when RJ shit the bed.

HemisfairArena
05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Duncan is a big difference from 2011. He has found the fountain of youth. In 2011 against the Grizz in the playoffs he averaged 12 pts/gm. This year against Pau Gasol and Howard in LA...Timmy schooled them and is averaging 18 pts/gm in these playoffs. When Timmy plays like that...life is good if you are a Spurs fan.

SpursWoman
05-17-2013, 07:36 PM
This is what Blackistone really meant:

I am so sick and fucking tired of the Spurs. Will they ever go away? Ever? Twenty-five years from now, will we be talking about how spry Tim Duncan looks at age 62 in our 2038 WCF preview? What the fuck? The Mavs rose after the Spurs did and have already collapsed, rebuilt, and collapsed again! It's been the same shit every year since Bill Clinton was fucking Monica Lewinski! I'm picking Memphis, Memphis has to win to stop this hemorrhaging of my soul, I don't really have a reason why, I don't care about having a reason why, let me just through this shit out there about 2011. I'm not going to analyze the matchup. Fuck the matchup. Fuck the Spurs.

I believe this to be exactly what he really meant. :rollin :lol

Aztecfan03
05-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't think the Spurs are any better. Leonard is an upgrade but Manu is a downgrade. The Spurs still rely too much on Manu. Splitter is a bust. Memphis will control the boards. Memphis has grown as a team and are playing the best basketball of their season now. The Spurs lucked out with the lakers injured and GS a fluke shooting perimeter team that went south after Curry rolled his ankle and still pushed the Spurs to 6 games .

Manu is not a downgrade from 2011 injured Manu.

sammy
05-17-2013, 07:38 PM

Kevin Blackstone is a jackass & idiot! Memphis got worse! They got rid of OJ Mayo & Rudy Gay! Spurs are better now that in 2011! What a moron! Spurs in 6!

rascal
05-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Manu is not a downgrade from 2011 injured Manu.

Yes he is not playing good and they will be relying on him. He will shoot poorly like he has been all playoffs and hurt the team, he is a downgrade. Manu and Splitter and the role players will not come through. This place is going to be a meltdown when the spurs drop this series. Way too over confident in the team.

rascal
05-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Kevin Blackstone is a jackass & idiot! Memphis got worse! They got rid of OJ Mayo & Rudy Gay! Spurs are better now that in 2011! What a moron! Spurs in 6!

Stay classy spur fan.

etbluffer
05-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Manu had a broken arm and was a starter that season. We had Ime Udoka for God's sake and Danny Green played a total of seven minutes. This team is better.

spursince#99
05-17-2013, 08:28 PM
O.J Mayo played a pivotal role in our defeat. If you don't believe so just ask Manu Ginobili

ohmwrecker
05-17-2013, 08:30 PM
He just lost all credibility.

What credibility?

HI-FI
05-17-2013, 08:43 PM
it's good to see Homeland Security (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7504)posting more, especially with Koolaid Man banned for the time being.

SupremeGuy
05-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Blackistone is not only an idiot, but he's also a racist piece of shit; fuck that guy.

SupremeGuy
05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Manu had a broken arm and was a starter that season. We had Ime Udoka for God's sake and Danny Green played a total of seven minutes. This team is better.And Tim was coming off a really bad sprained ankle. He was basically playing on one leg. Man, I can't fucking wait till Sunday so these assholes can get a sweet sweet surprise in our 2013 Spurs.

Richie
05-17-2013, 09:52 PM
When you hear things like this you have to ask whether the guy actually watches the Spurs.

I was going to say Memphis has got better, but I'm not sure they have. They have the same core with Conley/Allen/Randolph/Gasol, and that core is better than it was 2 years ago. The question is whether Prince/Bayless is even close to Battier/Mayo, and I have to say I don't think so. Mayo is a better scorer than Bayless and Battier is a better shooter and defender than Prince. If they are better, it's not by a huge amount.

Now look at the Spurs. Splitter will play major minutes compared to 2011 when he was the 5th big behind Dice, Blair and Bonner. Kawhi is head and shoulders above Jefferson.

Timmy had knee problems in 2011 and Manu had a broken arm. Although they both had serious issues in 2011, I'm not sure we can expect more from them this series than we did then. Broken arm Manu in 2011 is pretty much 2013 Manu, and Timmy struggled against Bogut so I'm not expecting much against Gasol. The Spurs are still a better team just because of Splitter and Kawhi though.

05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Playing soft? On what planet do you live on?
The one where a 40% David Lee, Carl Landry, rookie scrub Ezeli feasted on the offensive board. Bogut was the only legit big in the series and the Spurs frontline had rebounding trouble. Gasol and Randolph are getting hard thinking about how many boards they can get.

Richie
05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Manu had a broken arm and was a starter that season. We had Ime Udoka for God's sake and Danny Green played a total of seven minutes. This team is better.

2011 broken arm Manu was about the same level as 2013 Manu

unforeseen
05-17-2013, 11:30 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/34.gif (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/heat_fusion/media/34.gif.html)

DJR210
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Those fucks dont have Vazquez who killed us in 2011 tbh.

Aztecfan03
05-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Yes he is not playing good and they will be relying on him. He will shoot poorly like he has been all playoffs and hurt the team, he is a downgrade. Manu and Splitter and the role players will not come through. This place is going to be a meltdown when the spurs drop this series. Way too over confident in the team.

you are seriously standing by that? downgrade from a one-armed manu?

Obstructed_View
05-18-2013, 12:20 AM

2011 Manu missed a game.

Thomas82
05-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Why do you guys care what ESPN ever has to say. They cater to people who don't know the difference between the high-post and the short corner. People who think Kobe is a top-5 player all-time. They still use raw stats without context to judge how good a player is.
Their TrueHoop network is okay though.

+1

crc21209
05-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Once again, it's ESPN people. What do you expect? :lol

KaiRMD1
05-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Normally I like to give everybody a chance when they pick another team over the Spurs but we haven't improved? Seriously brah, we actually have but I don't deny that the Grizzlies haven't improved, they have as well and will still be a challenge but not like back in 2011 though.

SilverSpur
05-18-2013, 03:04 AM
How did Memphis get better by subtracting OJ Mayo, Sam Young and Rudy Gay?
Splitter , Neal and Anderson were rookies. Blair and Green were in their second year. G Hill was young and inexperienced at the point. Steve Novack 3pt shot was not used properly. Manu was hurt that series
Mills, NDC, Diaw, COJO and Kawahi are now on the team and add depth. Richard Jefferson is gone.
We got this

superbigtime
05-18-2013, 03:52 AM
What a fool.

Hoops Czar
05-18-2013, 03:53 AM

Oh really, the spurs have gotten better???? Neal and Splitter are less of a productive this postseason, Bonner is getting meaningful minutes, Ginobili is underperforming moreso this postsason than last and Parker's been inconsistent all playoffs long. The Spurs played a broken down Lakers team without Kobe and Nash and tackled a GS team with a hobbled Curry and Lee. The similarities between this year and last are uncanny. If the Spurs don't step up their game in a big way, they'll lose in the WCF's again like they did last year. I don't even know who the hell kevin Blackstone is, but he's not that far off base. Maybe you should have done some research.

Reck
05-18-2013, 04:01 AM
I partially agree with that guy.

Outside of getting Leonard, this team hasn't made a significant move.

They've not made any significant moves that would propel them to advanced further than WCF for the past 3 years.

The team itself hasn't improved, some Spurs players have but their improvement is not so dramatic that it would make the Spurs any better than they were last year.

With that said, Memphis really hasn't improved their team either.

BigTex342006
05-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Defensively the two teams are vastly different. The 2011 spurs were the worst defensive team since Duncan joined the team 16 years ago. In fact a productive and healthy Duncan, improved Splitter, Green, and Leonard alone are head and shoulders above what the Spurs trotted out in 2011.

I think Memphis is playing better as well. Losing some chuckers have made them play more as a team, and their chemistry and defense is top notch right now. They can still have problems scoring at times, but I think Conley is underrated.

Spurs must have role players step up this series. I think Baynes might see action here and there and should be told to just bang and rebound. It is going to be a real challenge, a step up from Golden St.... I don't think Pop and SA has forgotten how to play ugly ball....it is still in their DNA.

rascal
05-18-2013, 05:04 AM

That one armed is over exaggerated. Manu shot .448 fg% .338 % 3 pt% and averaged 14.4 points a game against Memphis in 2011 playoffs

Manu shot .342 fg% .275 3PT% 12.7 points a game against Golden State

So manu played better with the one arm in 2011 then he just did against Golden State

Capt Bringdown
05-18-2013, 05:28 AM
1/10.
Bonner/RJ combined for 50+minutes/game
Shudder.
Bad memories.

Dizzle
05-18-2013, 05:30 AM
spurs are 10x better than 2011... Tony has been an MVP candidate all year.. and dont forget my boy KAWHI LEONARD

KenziE
05-18-2013, 07:49 AM

dont you guys forget Sam Young too he had big shots against the spurs i think he hit like 70% of his shots that series all the open mid range jumper he all made it pretty much

Vasquez too but he wasnt that much of a factor

tlongII
05-18-2013, 07:59 AM
He's right.

boutons_deux
05-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Old-fashioned hoops aplenty expected in Grizz-Spurs series
FIVE QUICK QUESTIONS (AND ANSWERS)

1. Can Conley and Allen slow down Parker?

They couldn't in the regular season. Parker was dynamite against the Grizzlies in four regular-season games, averaging 25.5 ppg on 36-for-71 shooting (50.7 percent) and 6.5 assists. Conley and Allen didn't have to worry about Russell Westbrook in the last series, but both are now officially on notice.

2. What kind of impact can Memphis expect from Prince?

It is interesting that the Grizzlies can say they've improved since the Gay trade. Prince brings a team-oriented work ethic and solid defense, although his offensive game has been ragged in the playoffs. He scored a total of 31 points on 13-for-44 shooting against the Thunder, but maybe much of that can be attributed to being matched up against Durant. He'll have it tough again at both ends of the court against terrific Spurs youngster Kawhi Leonard.

3. What's up with Manu?

It's probably never necessary to worry about Ginobili. He's always going to show up giving his all. Whether that translates to big games is another story. He buried the game-winning 3-pointer in Game 1 vs. Golden State, but otherwise shot terribly. He finished the semifinals averaging 12.7 ppg on 34.2 shooting and 27.5 percent from 3-point range. Even his free throw shooting has suffered (65 percent). His minutes, though, ramped up from 19.5 in the first round to 29.7 in the semis. Getting open looks would seem to only get more difficult against Memphis, but Ginobili is a wily veteran and his contributions often transcend statistics.

4. Do the Grizzlies have enough 3-point shooting to hang with the Spurs?

They certainly wouldn't figure to match the Spurs in this category, but it is important to at least make the Spurs guard the 3-point line. Conley is improved from this area, but the two key names are reserves Jerryd Bayless and Quincy Pondexter. Bayless can be streaky and Pondexter loves to set up for the corner 3.

5. Can the Spurs match Memphis' physical play?

Can anyone? Two years ago when the Grizzlies sent the Spurs packing in the first round, San Antonio simply couldn't muscle up. But back then, Duncan played with a bum ankle and Splitter was a rookie finding his way. Duncan is in phenomenal shape and Splitter boasts a big, strong body that is also playoff-tested. Would the Spurs prefer more of a finesse series? Absolutely. But if they want to advance, they're going to have to -- ahem -- grit and grind.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/jeff_caplan/05/17/grizzlies-spurs-west-finals-preview/index.html?cid=nba.2013

GrandeDavid
05-18-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm unsure how Blackstone has a job.

TJastal
05-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm not forgetting Gay. He was injured for that series.

I did, however, forget Mayo. OJ is better than Bayless on offense, so I imagine their bench scoring is even worse.

Bayless has scorched the spurs in past blazer outings IIRC. If I was Pop I would go with strictly Cory J and no Neal. Also mostly Diaw but I would sprinkle in some Bonner when Arthur is in the game just to see if the red rocket is hot.

TJastal
05-18-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm unsure how Blackstone has a job.

Affirmative Action tbh.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Bayless has scorched the spurs in past blazer outings IIRC. If I was Pop I would go with strictly Cory J and no Neal. Also mostly Diaw but I would sprinkle in some Bonner when Arthur is in the game just to see if the red rocket is hot.

I don't think those are bad ideas. Since Memphis plays two points a lot, the Spurs can more than get away with Joseph as the two. Arthur did beat Bonner really badly in 2011, though, so I'd be hesitant to trust him even for a short period of time.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Affirmative Action tbh.

Nah, that's Jamele Hill.

T Park
05-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Y'all spelled Stephen A smith wrong

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Spurstalk would be a lot better if people didn't post threads on opinions of people who hardly watch the Spurs.

BigTex342006
05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
That one armed is over exaggerated. Manu shot .448 fg% .338 % 3 pt% and averaged 14.4 points a game against Memphis in 2011 playoffs

So manu played better with the one arm in 2011 then he just did against Golden State

Manu was arguably the best player for the Spurs that year and was more effective than Parker. Duncan was mediocre and not healthy that year, so Manu's play was vital. He also averaged 35 minutes per playoff game vs 25 minutes this year. Not having him for that first game was a killer. The most important game, especially if you have home court advantage, is the first game. So in essence Manu with a tweaked arm may be better than this year's inconsistent Manu...but missing an all important game cannot be discounted...

spurraider21
05-18-2013, 11:28 AM
did somebody here actually mention Mills and Nando as reasons why we're better this time around? Those guys don't play.

ajballer4
05-18-2013, 11:29 AM
The biggest improvement IMO is Green. Green didn't even get minutes back in 2011, and now plays a crucial role. Splitter and Leonard improved the defense a ton. Just looking at the roster doesn't tell the story, just as it doesn't tell the story of Memphis' improvement

101A
05-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Have to analyze based on "each" Manu's contribution to the team during the respective seasons, IMO. In '11 the Spurs finished #1 largely because of Super Manu taking over games; THAT Manu, whom THAT Spurs team relied on missed an entire game in the series, and only average 14.4 ppg. That Spurs team needed more production than that. The '13 Spurs have flourished for much of the year without Manu at all, and with a hobbled, recovering Manu for even more.

That said, this year's team has relied on MVParker for large stretches, and it appears unlikely that THAT Parker is going to show himself...although, ultimately, his numbers in the GS series weren't shabby.

There is no question in my mind that this year's Spurs team is superior to the '11 team; I watched every game both teams played; this one plays defense, and has a more versatile offense. Also relative to last year's team, this year's defense in improved, and the team has already dealt with adversity (are not on a 20 game win streak); they are ready and hungry.

EricB
05-18-2013, 01:42 PM
The one where a 40% David Lee, Carl Landry, rookie scrub Ezeli feasted on the offensive board. Bogut was the only legit big in the series and the Spurs frontline had rebounding trouble. Gasol and Randolph are getting hard thinking about how many boards they can get.

carl Landry is a solid big man I'm afraid to tell you...

Kidd K
05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Dafuck? :lmao What exactly has changed for Memphis? They lost Gay, Battier, Young, Speights, and Mayo. . . and gain Prince, Bayless, and. . .scrubs.

Isn't that about it? If anything they got worse. They played better this year because they learned how to win, but their talent level is absolutely worse than it was the last time we played them.

Spurs on the other hand, have only lost McDyess and RJ (non scrubs), and gained a non-broken elbow Ginobili (though he's not as good as 2 years ago), a Splitter who's actually playing now (barely played last time), a Duncan who is playing WAY better than 2 years ago, and most importantly the additions of Leonard and Green who were two of the biggest reasons we won the last series. Baynes, TMac, and even Joseph though I like him, can be fairly classified as scrubs, but I think we're better than we were.

Spurs improved more than the Grizzlies did. Blackistone seems to have just lazily looked at what the records were for both teams 2 years ago and jumped to conclusions about the Grizzlies being better and the Spurs being worse. Reality is the other way around imo. Spurs in 5-6.

spursince#99
05-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Shit!!! I mean get my ass beat by random guy on internets!!! Save me!!!! You are too strong for me!!!!

How about shutting what I like to call, the fuck up?

okay I know you had a hard childhood trying to cope from massive incest involving your retarded uncle so I'll comply

Proxy
05-18-2013, 02:20 PM
roster is a bit different since 2011